PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Play Sunday

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 03:35 PM
What was your favorite play from Sunday?

Play action fake, bomb to Driver. SWEET!

They sold it pretty well, and I'm pretty sure most of the defense bit on the fake. I know I bit on it.

MTPackerfan
11-19-2007, 03:38 PM
That was a great play action fake, even got the camera man. Brilliant!

MJZiggy
11-19-2007, 03:38 PM
That's the one where even the camera operator bit on the fake? If so, that's my favorite too...

mmmdk
11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
I think it was the big play by Corey prior to the half - just after the bogus pass interference call on Bush (I think it was Bush). Huge forced fumble and justice.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 03:49 PM
I liked the Williams forced fumble to end the late first half scoring threat. Though the refs could have called him on a blow to the head.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 03:49 PM
I think it was the big play by Corey prior to the half - just after the bogus pass interference call on Bush (I think it was Bush). Huge forced fumble and justice.

That was a good one too. :P

mmmdk
11-19-2007, 03:53 PM

That was a good one too. :P

I jumped & screamed when the play happened :D

MJZiggy
11-19-2007, 03:55 PM
btw, nice idea for a thread...

3irty1
11-19-2007, 04:00 PM
That was some real crappy camera work all day long. Crappy commentators too. Plus I always had to wait forever for replays. It was basically just a terrible production team. I guess that's what you get when you play the Panthers :roll:

rpiotr01
11-19-2007, 04:04 PM
The Ryan Grant run on 1st and 10 where he moved the pile 10 yards. No, he's not a power back, but he has his moments.

gbpackfan
11-19-2007, 04:07 PM
My favorite play of the day was the punt return for a TD by T. Williams. It was so sweet! Everyone in my section was yelling at John Fox, "nice call!" and a bunch of shit like that. Then, for the rest of the game on 3rd and 4th down, the fans would yell "Call for the fake FG again Fox!" or "try the trick punt again!" HA HA HA. All kinds of things like that. Fox didn't live that call down all game. Love it!

Harlan Huckleby
11-19-2007, 04:10 PM
That was some real crappy camera work all day long. Crappy commentators too. Plus I always had to wait forever for replays. It was basically just a terrible production team. I guess that's what you get when you play the Panthers :roll:

ya, I thought so too. Just terrible! They didn't replay the penalties or controversial plays sometimes. Instead they'd roll some stupid little featurette.

Just awful. SHOW THE FUCKING REPLAY, EVERY PLAY, RIGHT AWAY. I don't want to see crowd shots. Or the replay rushed right before the next play.

Noodle
11-19-2007, 04:14 PM
My favorite play of the day was the punt return for a TD by T. Williams. It was so sweet! Everyone in my section was yelling at John Fox, "nice call!" and a bunch of shit like that. Then, for the rest of the game on 3rd and 4th down, the fans would yell "Call for the fake FG again Fox!" or "try the trick punt again!" HA HA HA. All kinds of things like that. Fox didn't live that call down all game. Love it!

I love this kind of stuff! Seriously, I think this is a huge part of making your home stadium a place where it's no fun for the other guys. They can pretend all they want that they don't hear it, but you know that Fox and all his guys were just hating life every time you guys stuck the boot in. The key to this kind of thing is repetition, and it sounds like you guys rode that horse every chance you got. Well done!

And agree, this is a great thread idea.

oregonpackfan
11-19-2007, 04:30 PM

That was my favorite as well. Most of the "Favorite play" accountings from fans are usually plays on offense or special teams. It is nice to give the defense accolades for their efforts.

I hope TT is meeting with Corey Williams' agent this week to sign him to a contract extension. Since signing his extension, Donald Lee has been performing very well. The same might hold true with Williams.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Zig's got the old sig back?

Badgepack
11-19-2007, 04:40 PM
The kneel down to run out the clock and win the game.

OS PA
11-19-2007, 04:45 PM

My favorite part of that play was the HUGE block by Mr. Jolly. Also I really enjoyed watching Jason Hunter run with both Tramon on his return and with Koren on his return... I always thought Hunter was a small fast guy, but seeing him on the returns yesterday really gave me hope that he's a player.

footballfever
11-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Driver in the backfield in the shotgun formation. It's one more things for defensive coordinators to sweat while gameplanning against us, they could put anybody back there, Jennings K Rob it don't matter. I like the formation and scheme changes we see week to week on offense, its an ever changing beast, pretty hard for anyone to tame.

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Driver in the backfield in the shotgun formation. It's one more things for defensive coordinators to sweat while gameplanning against us, they could put anybody back there, Jennings K Rob it don't matter. I like the formation and scheme changes we see week to week on offense, its an ever changing beast, pretty hard for anyone to tame.

I didn't really like the formation. There's not really much to think about for the defense. He's going to roll out and either run it or possibly throw it. To me, it just opens up Driver to getting pummeled like a RB does. He's too small for me to hope that play finds its way into a game again.

MJZiggy
11-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Zig's got the old sig back?

Ya like that one?

Spaulding
11-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Gotta go with Williams return of the pooch punt. Unexpected and very welcome to start so well out of the gate. Offense and defense was already clicking and so to see the return department put together a game changer was a pleasant surprise.

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Watching Gene Steratore make an ass of himself while "explaining" the pass interference call at the end of the first half, followed immediately by Corey Williams sack/strip of Testaverde on the next play.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 04:57 PM
When you re-use one, I spot your posts quicker. When you put up a new one, it takes a little while before I realize its you. I'm slow that way.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Watching Gene Steratore make an ass of himself while "explaining" the pass interference call at the end of the first half, followed immediately by Corey Williams sack/strip of Testaverde on the next play.

Bush's coverage looked pretty damned good on the play. I'm not sure you can ask him to do it any differently. Some times those calls just go against you.

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 05:02 PM

I didn't really like the formation. There's not really much to think about for the defense. He's going to roll out and either run it or possibly throw it. To me, it just opens up Driver to getting pummeled like a RB does. He's too small for me to hope that play finds its way into a game again.

He almost broke through for a TD.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2007, 05:06 PM

I think someone pointed out in the game day thread that he hit the hole a little tentatively. Grant might have been able to break that run. And Brett lined up at WR on the left was a pretty good indication that Driver would be running to the right. I'd have left Brett alone out there and played 11 vs. 10 if I were Carolina.

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 05:07 PM

Bush's coverage looked pretty damned good on the play. I'm not sure you can ask him to do it any differently. Some times those calls just go against you.

I need to watch the replay again to see if Bush was beyond the five yard chuck zone before he forced him out of bounds. I do know that pass interference is either 15 yards or "spot of the foul," but the push was at least 10 yads further upfield than where they spotted the ball so I assume they gave him the 15 yards. But, it should have been "illegal contact" if it was before the ball was thrown.

And yes, I'm nitpicking. :lol:

FritzDontBlitz
11-19-2007, 05:08 PM

I think someone pointed out in the game day thread that he hit the hole a little tentatively. Grant might have been able to break that run. And Brett lined up at WR on the left was a pretty good indication that Driver would be running to the right. I'd have left Brett alone out there and played 11 vs. 10 if I were Carolina.

How about the same formation, fake sweep right, bomb left to Favre?

footballfever
11-19-2007, 05:52 PM

How about the same formation, fake sweep right, bomb left to Favre?

the whole point is that it opens up the possibilities, why not a reverse out of the same formation if they stack the right side after seeing favre split out left, run a reverse driver to jennings let favre be the lead blocker he loves that shit........ but again the point is that the possibilities out of those kind of formations is pretty much endless, favre could take a step back and driver pass it to him, as long as the pass travels backwards favre is still eligible to throw the ball down field you'd have 3 recievers released runnin down field.