PDA

View Full Version : NFL Looking Into Packers Player Bounties

Jimx29
11-19-2007, 11:24 PM
NFL Looking Into Packers Player Bounties

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed Monday that the league is looking into whether payoffs between Green Bay Packers teammates for certain in-game incentives, as reported by ESPN on Sunday morning, were in violation of league rules.

ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown" reported that two Packers defensive backs had offered the defensive linemen $500 if they held Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson under 100 yards in the Nov. 11 game.

Another $500 was reportedly offered if the Packers held the Carolina Panthers to under 60 yards rushing on Sunday.

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said that he was not aware of the situation. However, general manager Ted Thompson said the club knows that the activity is against league rules, but that the players involved may not have known what they are accused of is wrong.

Ted Thompson said the club knows that the activity is against league rules, but that the players involved may not have known what they are accused of is supposed to be public record.......Fixed
http://www.weau.com/sports/headlines/11630556.html

Badgerinmaine
11-20-2007, 11:04 AM
I thought the idea of prohibiting bounties was to prevent people from trying to injure a given player. I agree that sort of bounty should be prohibited, but I don't see this as the same sort of thing.