PDA

View Full Version : Week 12 Power Rankings

GrnBay007
11-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Fox Sports - HaHa... Packers take the lead over the Colts.

Rk Team Last Wk Rise/Fall High/Low Comment

1 Patriots 1 - 1/2 It's almost not fair at this point. Buffalo entered Sunday's bout with the Patriots as a 5-4 team, labeled as one of the hottest squads in the entire league. They left their home field in ruins, just another team on what's been a ridiculous Patriots victory tour through the country. Where do you want to start? Tom Brady? He went 31-39 for 373 yards and five touchdowns. Randy Moss? Ten catches, 128 yards, and 4 touchdowns. Wes Welker? Seven catches and 78 yards — quietly. What about the record books? The Patriots are now on pace to obliterate the 1998 Vikings single-season scoring record by 100 points, Brady's on pace to throw ten more touchdown passes than Peyton Manning's single-season record of 49 and Randy Moss is just seven touchdowns shy of breaking Jerry Rice's single-season receiving touchdown record. In short? We've never seen anything like the 2007 Patriots. The '72 Dolphins may want to check the return policy on that champagne.
Team: Home | Stats | Fantasy

2 Cowboys 2 - 2/12 Talk about Randy Moss all you want, Terrell Owens is having a fairly decent year, himself. T.O. caught eight balls for 173 yards and hauled in four touchdowns in Sunday's 28-23 Dallas win over the Redskins. Owens' TD catches were of 4, 31, 46 and 52 yards. Dallas improved to 9-1 for the first time since 1983 and won their fourth straight game. Owens has had at least 100 receiving yards and a touchdown in each of the victories. Dallas takes on the 2-8 Jets on Thanksgiving before facing 9-1 Green Bay the following Thursday. The winner of that monster could be looking at home-field throughout the NFC playoffs.

3 Packers 4 (+1) 3/22 The Packers improved to 9-1 with a dominant performance on both sides of the ball against the Carolina Panthers. Brett Favre was fabulous yet again, going 22-30 for 218 yards and three touchdowns in the win. Ryan Grant — a former practice player for the Giants — has filled in admirably at running back, rushing for 88 yards on 20 carries. The Packers won eight games last year and were considered one of the pleasant surprises of the '06 season. They've got nine already this year. Nobody — I mean, nobody — saw this coming.

4 Colts 3 (-1) 1/4 Banged up and thin on the depth chart, the Colts rallied to get their first win in three weeks, topping the Chiefs 13-10 in a weird one. Adam Vinatieri missed his first two field goal attempts, making it four consecutive misses stretching back to Week 10. He recovered in time to hit two more field goals later in the game, one of them serving as the game-winner with just twp seconds remaining. Peyton Manning and Joseph Addai carried the load on offense, and the defense kept the K.C. running game in tact. At 8-2, Indianapolis maintains a one-game lead over the Jaguars in the AFC South. The Colts take on the Falcons this weekend.

5 Steelers 5 - 3/14 Though Giants Stadium was littered with Terrible Towels and thousands of Steelers fans, Pittsburgh fell to the lowly Jets on Sunday afternoon. Thomas Jones became the first person in 35 games to run for over 100 yards on the Steelers, while the Jets sacked Ben Roethlisberger seven times. Willie Parker — a sure-fire Pro Bowler this season — ran for only 52 yards on 21 carries in the loss. Pittsburgh falls to 7-3, but should bounce back this weekend. They take on the winless Dolphins in the first ever "Joey Porter Bowl" on Sunday.

Guiness
11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
From sportsline...

1 Patriots 1
They're on pace to break the scoring record. Want to bet they do it? The scary thing is the defense is getting better by the week.

2 Packers · Trends 2
They have a tough two-game stretch with the Lions this Thursday and the Cowboys next week. By December, they could be the kings of the NFC.

Don't generally like Prisco, but I do like his power rankings for the most part. And he's had the Pack at #2 for a couple of weeks 8-)

Here's part of his write up

At 9-1, they're the best team in the NFC right now, in my opinion. Yes, better than the Dallas Cowboys and here's why: They can cover.

Jason Campbell showed that the Cowboys have some issues defending the pass Sunday and the Packers can counter with the best pair of corners in the league in Charles Woodson and Al Harris. They'll be on the Detroit receivers like Madden on a turkey leg.

Those two are a big reason I've kept the Packers ranked ahead of the Cowboys in the CBSSports.com Power Rankings. They're also a big reason why I think the Packers might be able to match up with New England.

Maybe no Pro Bowl berths for those guys, but they do get respect with that statement. And to say that they go a long ways towards us matching up with NE is some pretty healthy respect in this league right now.

BF4MVP
11-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I like Prisco's rankings. I also like the part about Woodson and Harris helping the Packers be able to match up with New England :D

LL2
11-20-2007, 04:07 PM
[b]They've got nine already this year. Nobody — I mean, nobody — saw this coming.

I think pretty much everyone agrees with that statement, but I'm loving it!

ny10804
11-20-2007, 05:10 PM
What scares me about NE is that I hate the thought of Belicheck and Sanders trying to out-think each other, for obvious reasons.

We actually match up with them perhaps better than any other team in the league. If they have a weakness on D, it's their secondary. As Prisco mentioned, our corners could fair well against their WR core. Harris at least presents a challenge for Moss.

Fred's Slacks
11-20-2007, 06:00 PM
I think the greatest challenge for our defense will be covering the TE and/or the slot receiver. They'd test our depth at DB. I'd put Harris on Moss with safety help incase he gets deep. Let Harris jam him all day and see if he gets frustrated. Put Woodson on an island with Welker or Stalworth. Watson would be a tough match up for Hawk. He's been good in coverage the last couple of weeks but with Brady at QB, he'll have to be better. If we play discipline, we should be able to shut down their running game, but we'll have a very hard time getting to the QB. That allows Brady to hit whoever the LB covers, which will probably be the TE.

Fred's Slacks
11-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Of course, I am getting ahead of myself. None of this matters unless we get to the Super Bowl.

MadtownPacker
11-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Of course, I am getting ahead of myself. None of this matters unless we get to the Super Bowl.True, very true but aint it some shit that we are even considering it? :five:

Freak Out
11-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Of course, I am getting ahead of myself. None of this matters unless we get to the Super Bowl.True, very true but aint it some shit that we are even considering it? :five:

Damn strait!

:glug:

MadScientist
11-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Before the season you'd have been accused of smoking crack kool-aid to be seriously talking like this. Now, it's just reasonably optimistic talk. Hell of an improvement.

MadtownPacker
11-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Before the season you'd have been accused of smoking crack kool-aid to be seriously talking like this. Now, it's just reasonably optimistic talk. Hell of an improvement.I cant say I was talking like this before the season but I had strong belief that a playoff run would happen. I know the expectations of this team grow with each win but even if they just get to the NFC championship the season has to be considered a great success.