PDA

View Full Version : Which Packer Jersey?

Freak Out
11-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Well...I went to order a Jersey and the only authentic Favre jerseys were frickin massive.....and I'm just not sure about the replica jersey. Looking for some opinions on the other options. I want nothing made in China! The throwback jerseys looked kinda cool but I had my heart set on a #4 home jersey. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer.

Edit:

I just remembered that there is a recent jersey thread out there somewhere....I could have just added this question to it.

Pardon me.

Joemailman
11-20-2007, 05:39 PM
I bought a white replica jersey last year. They have improved them from what they used to be. The biggest difference is the screen-printed numbers vs. sewn on.

Freak Out
11-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I bought a white replica jersey last year. They have improved them from what they used to be. The biggest difference is the screen-printed numbers vs. sewn on.

Ahhh...ok. Thanks Joe. To me that makes a big difference.

Iron Mike
11-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Don't you think it would be sweet to have this Favre Southern Miss jersey???

http://www.brettfavreautographs.com/images/jerseys/favresmissbwljer_medium.jpg

Cleft Crusty
11-20-2007, 06:37 PM

I'd be happy with just the Southern Miss.

Iron Mike
11-20-2007, 06:53 PM

And what would you do with her, Cleft?

Have her change your colostomy bag?? :wink:

Joemailman
11-20-2007, 07:58 PM

I agree. So far I've just been too cheap to come up with the extra $100.00.

Scott Campbell
11-20-2007, 08:03 PM
I thought I was getting too old to wear a jersey - until I saw Vinny play Sunday.

Freak Out
11-20-2007, 08:20 PM
I thought I was getting too old to wear a jersey - until I saw Vinny play Sunday.

Your never to old to wear a jersey. You should see some of guys in my hockey league!

Freak Out
11-20-2007, 08:21 PM

I agree. So far I've just been too cheap to come up with the extra $100.00.

.....or just being smart with your money.

MadtownPacker
11-20-2007, 08:23 PM

Ahhh...ok. Thanks Joe. To me that makes a big difference.It's simple. Just think about it like this, what would the dopeman buy? The replica or the real deal?

He would buy the real deal cuz he felt that he deserved it. So unless you think you deserve less then a drug dealer you fork over the $$$ for the authentic!

Only issue you will have is deciding when you actually want to wear it. I have had mine hanging mine in the closet (in a protector) for years and have never worn it because I worry some asshole will spill something on me.

So get a replica too! :D

FritzDontBlitz
11-20-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't usually buy jerseys with player names on them, but, in honor of this possibly being Brett's last year I bought a Packers home jersey with Favre on the back. While on vacation in Toronto. I also bought an Argonauts jersey - no number - and as I was asking for the Argo jersey the clerk was asking if I wanted the one with Ricky Williams name on it and I said "Noooooo!"

Other jerseys I would buy with the player names would be Reggie White's and Walter Payton's. Nobody else. Especially not Michael Jordan's since everybody here has one of those....

Joemailman
11-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Well...I went to order a Jersey and the only authentic Favre jerseys were frickin massive.....and I'm just not sure about the replica jersey. Looking for some opinions on the other options. I want nothing made in China! The throwback jerseys looked kinda cool but I had my heart set on a #4 home jersey. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer.

Edit:

I just remembered that there is a recent jersey thread out there somewhere....I could have just added this question to it.

Pardon me.

If you get the throwback Jersey, may I suggest:

http://www.packersproshop.com/p/0305205005_07_13_5.jpg

Freak Out
11-20-2007, 09:22 PM

Edit:

Pardon me.

If you get the throwback Jersey, may I suggest:

http://www.packersproshop.com/p/0305205005_07_13_5.jpg

Ha ha....I like it. I'd wear that sucker skiing.

MJZiggy
11-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I don't usually buy jerseys with player names on them, but, in honor of this possibly being Brett's last year I bought a Packers home jersey with Favre on the back. While on vacation in Toronto. I also bought an Argonauts jersey - no number - and as I was asking for the Argo jersey the clerk was asking if I wanted the one with Ricky Williams name on it and I said "Noooooo!"

Other jerseys I would buy with the player names would be Reggie White's and Walter Payton's. Nobody else. Especially not Michael Jordan's since everybody here has one of those....

Ya know you can still get a Reggie White jersey (not to mention Bart Starr and Ray Nitschke.

HarveyWallbangers
11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
I don't usually buy jerseys with player names on them

You aren't one of those guys that wears a jersey with your name on the back, are you?
:D

FritzDontBlitz
11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't usually buy jerseys with player names on them

You aren't one of those guys that wears a jersey with your name on the back, are you?
:D

LMAO

Nah, I usually buy the blank jersey, no number or name. That's what I did with the Argonauts and BlueJays jerseys I bought while on vacation in Toronto last April. I also have a numberless Chicago White Sox jersey...

MJZiggy
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
You could just buy one of the leftover Green jerseys and take the numbers off...

GBRulz
11-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I want nothing made in China!

How about El Salvador? I have an authentic (Nike) Favre jersey and that is where it was made.

At the annual Pro Shop sale, you can get authentic jerseys of past players for like $40. It would be easy to get take off the sewn on name. They had tons of Green jerseys there this year.

GoPackGo
11-21-2007, 09:48 AM
This summer I picked up the authentic Home Ahman Green #30 jersey for $55. Packers all-time leading rusher, what's not to like?

HarveyWallbangers
11-21-2007, 10:19 AM
This summer I picked up the authentic Home Ahman Green #30 jersey for $55. Packers all-time leading rusher, what's not to like?

Jim Taylor is the Packers all-time leading rusher.

SkinBasket
11-21-2007, 10:23 AM

Ha. That would be one thing. The fact he was constantly beating his wife would be another.

GoPackGo
11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
He barely missed out on the alltime rushing records(45 yards).Green's records are yards (1,883 single season and 218 single game) and attempts (355 season) and longest run from scrimmage (98 yards). As far as the wife beating....He was young and in a bad relationship, you haven't heard of anything like that happening again.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2007, 11:41 AM

Ha. That would be one thing. The fact he was constantly beating his wife would be another.Oh I forgot you have the highest of moral standards. We may have to start calling you Harlan Jr.

SO what about your boyfriend brady leaving kids all over the USA??

Thats right, it has NOTHING to do with football so it isn't a factor.

Anyways Im positive you are just bitter because your wife kicks YOUR ass.

FritzDontBlitz
11-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Ha. That would be one thing. The fact he was constantly beating his wife would be another.Oh I forgot you have the highest of moral standards. We may have to start calling you Harlan Jr.

Thats right, it has NOTHING to do with football so it isn't a factor.

Anyways Im positive you are just bitter because your wife kicks YOUR ass.

LOL

Did she skin him too?

HarveyWallbangers
11-21-2007, 12:34 PM

I thought bulldog was Brady's boyfriend?

MadtownPacker
11-21-2007, 01:12 PM

I thought bulldog was Brady's boyfriend?
He get around. :lol:

the_idle_threat
11-21-2007, 02:15 PM

And what would you do with her, Cleft?

Have her change your colostomy bag?? :wink:

Any touch is good touch.

BF4MVP
11-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Ya know you can still get a Reggie White jersey
I just got one of these Mitchell and Ness jerseys a few weeks ago.

http://www.mitchellandness.com/images/FSGP93W92_W.jpg

They're $275 on nflshop.com, but I paid $78 on eBay. VERY high quality jersey..If you want a Reggie White one, I highly recommend it.

FritzDontBlitz
11-21-2007, 08:57 PM

They're $275 on nflshop.com, but I paid $78 on eBay. VERY high quality jersey..If you want a Reggie White one, I highly recommend it.

Thanks B.

Now, any chance I can get one with Ziggy in it? :wink:

I am shameless, a sham. Call me Sham I am....

MJZiggy
11-21-2007, 09:19 PM
:oops:

Freak Out
11-21-2007, 11:11 PM

Very nice.....I'll take one.

Thanks for all the info so far Rats.

Him8123
11-22-2007, 08:32 AM
you can buy authentic jerseys on ebay all day long for like 30-40 bucks. I have gotten a Favre and a Hawk Jersey from there.