PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!!!

GrnBay007
11-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Hope each of you have a Great Thanksgiving Day!!

....and be safe in all your travels.

http://img.123greetings.com/thumbs/enov_thanks_turkey/8493-003-50-1047.gif

digitaldean
11-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Hope each of you have a Great Thanksgiving Day!!

....and be safe in all your travels.

http://img.123greetings.com/thumbs/enov_thanks_turkey/8493-003-50-1047.gif

Amen to that! Feel sorry for those traveling now by air. O'Hare already has 2 hour delays and it hasn't even hit the busy part yet!

May our Pack score early and often over the Motor City Kitties!

MJZiggy
11-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Happy Bird day Everyone. Remember to give thanks for football and other stuff on Thursday, hopefully including a Packer win.

So who's got the cajones to try the grilling instructions on the homepage and report back if it worked or not...

Scott Campbell
11-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I ain't a goin anywhere till the Packer game is over. Sorry Mom.

Happy Thanksgiving you turkeys.

GrnBay007
11-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I ain't a goin anywhere till the Packer game is over. Sorry Mom.

Happy Thanksgiving you turkeys.

That's better than my situation. We have to have the early meal. Game starts at 11:30 so that means the turkey is on the table at no later than 11:00.....kinda early....but I'm not missing this game.

Reminds me of the year the Packers played on Thanksgiving and my sis was having the noon meal. I sat at the "kids" table in the living room so I could see the game. My sis doesn't like football so in order to bribe my way into having the game on while we were eating I had to agree to do all the dishes (by hand) after the game. I think I was doing dishes for 3 hours that day...lol I can't believe they were so mean to me!!! The rest of them played cards while I washed/dried all the dishes. .....but it was worth it. :D

GBRulz
11-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I will be heading up north tomorrow afternoon and will come back on Sunday. Mom and Dad will have a houseful, as always!

We don't eat until like 4ish, the game IS a priority with all of my family!

The rents just bought a new 50" plasma and got DirectTV. I'm still in disbelief over that one..lol.

Hope you all have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving.

AND GO PACK !!!!!

MJZiggy
11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Just don't forget about the game thread...

Joemailman
11-20-2007, 11:01 PM
May you feast on Turkey, rather than the Turkey feasting on you:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/S/H/bush_turkey.jpg

GBRulz
11-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Just don't forget about the game thread...

I thought about making it tomorrow night, but I've been starting it the day of the game and it's worked well for me so far....not messing with the mojo now. I'm going for #6 in a row this week.... #7 is what's making me nervous.

oregonpackfan
11-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. It is a time to focus on the people and blessings we have rather than the things we don't have.

The game starts at 9:30 a.m. out here. At 8:30 a.m., I am entered in a 10K Fun Run which is a fundraiser for the local Food Banks.

I won't be home in time for the start of the game but am TIVO'ing the broadcast. Having a double-digit number in the WIN column would be mighty nice for Thanksgiving! :)

Harlan Huckleby
11-20-2007, 11:29 PM
The game starts at 9:30 a.m. out here. At 8:30 a.m., I am entered in a 10K Fun Run which is a fundraiser for the local Food Banks.

how fast is 10K/hour? You can do it!

GrnBay007
11-20-2007, 11:36 PM
I am entered in a 10K Fun Run which is a fundraiser for the local Food Banks.

My kids are doing something similar Thur. morning called the "Turkey Trot". For a few seconds I thought about joining them....then found out it will be in the lower 30's on Thur. .........so used cooking the meal as my excuse. :D

the_idle_threat
11-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, folks! For those of you who are traveling, I hope your traveling experience is more pleasant than it was for these guys.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/the_idle_threat/pta.jpg

GrnBay007
11-21-2007, 07:58 AM
BTW, love the "Thanksgiving Rats" at the top of the page! :lol: Nice, festive addition.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2007, 08:17 AM
That's better than my situation. We have to have the early meal. Game starts at 11:30 so that means the turkey is on the table at no later than 11:00.....kinda early....but I'm not missing this game.

That sounds like a lot of work to get in before 11:30. Stressful?

GBRulz
11-21-2007, 08:21 AM
BTW, love the "Thanksgiving Rats" at the top of the page! :lol: Nice, festive addition.

I know! I totally cracked up when I saw that....good job, Mad!!

MadtownPacker
11-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Glad you ladies like it but I am disappointed none of you are offended by the "woman dong the cooking" angle.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2007, 08:46 AM
"woman dong the cooking"

Freudian slip?

LL2
11-21-2007, 08:56 AM

I know! I totally cracked up when I saw that....good job, Mad!!

I like the mafia rat! Shoot em up!

LL2
11-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Glad you ladies like it but I am disappointed none of you are offended by the "woman dong the cooking" angle.

So, do you think the woman's place is in the kitchen?

MJZiggy
11-21-2007, 08:58 AM

I've learned to associate myself with women who like to cook. I'll be in the other room with the guys.

Badgepack
11-21-2007, 09:25 AM
It is gonna be kinda of a sad Thanksgiving for us, the oldest daughter will not be home because she is going to the future in-laws instead. Now I realize this is part of life, but it's the first time and I think it sucks. It should be a law that your kids must come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Oh, by the way, everyone have and safe and happy turkey day, enjoy the Packer victory.

MJZiggy
11-21-2007, 09:33 AM
It is gonna be kinda of a sad Thanksgiving for us, the oldest daughter will not be home because she is going to the future in-laws instead. Now I realize this is part of life, but it's the first time and I think it sucks. It should be a law that your kids must come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Oh, by the way, everyone have and safe and happy turkey day, enjoy the Packer victory.

Think of it this way: you get her for Christmas this year and then in a few years, when she's around, she brings your grandkids with her...

(or just set up a video conference at the dinner table and you all can eat together...lol)

Scott Campbell
11-21-2007, 09:47 AM

Ouch. I've just now seen my future, and I'm not liking it.

Deputy Nutz
11-21-2007, 10:20 AM

I can't wait for my kids to grow up and take their mother with them. Leave me alone.

oregonpackfan
11-21-2007, 10:37 AM
[quote=MadtownPacker]"woman dong the cooking"

Madtown,

I too liked your creative use of the Thanksgiving icon.

As for your misspelling of "doing" you had better clean up your act! If your spelling does not improve, I will hop in my car, drive down I-5 to your pad in Northern California and begin intensive, remedial, spelling drills with you!

You will develop a new appreciation of the term "homework." :lol:

MadtownPacker
11-21-2007, 11:26 AM

So, do you think the woman's place is in the kitchen?I dont think it I know it. 8-)

MadtownPacker
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
"woman dong the cooking"

Freudian slip?Nah, just a Mexican slip. :oops:

Happy T-Day to all the Rats across the US. Those who are not in the US, well thats you damn problem. :lol:

oregonpackfan
11-21-2007, 11:46 AM

how fast is 10K/hour? You can do it!

Harlan,

In my younger years, my PR(personal record) for the 10K was 38:40--about a 6 minute mile.

Now that I am older, slower, and lumpy, I hope to do it in 56 minutes--about a 9 minute mile.

I had a reality check this summer when my 19 year old saw me out jogging. She asked, "Dad, do you think you have aged in your running?" I was puzzled and wondered why she asked that question. "Well, now you run kind of stooped over and you just shuffle along." :lol:

GrnBay007
11-21-2007, 01:37 PM

Hey, we want everyone to have a good meal!! :P

Scott Campbell
11-21-2007, 03:00 PM

Hmmm. A good meal? So how do you get a great meal at your house?

Take out?

:P

HarveyWallbangers
11-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Happy Turkey Day. Looking forward to the Pack and then two giant dinners.

MJZiggy
11-21-2007, 03:40 PM

Hmmm. A good meal? So how do you get a great meal at your house?

Take out?

:P

No, silly!! Invite Mom over. What are you thinking?

BallHawk
11-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Hope everybody has a nice Thanksgiving. A Packer win always makes the turkey taste better.

Remember the game is at 12:30 ET, 11:30 CT. Don't want anybody to turn the game on at 1:00 and find the game already through the 1st quarter.

MJZiggy
11-21-2007, 04:56 PM

So, do you think the woman's place is in the kitchen?I dont think it I know it. 8-)

There's no computer in there... :?:

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Hi all, Happy thanksgiving!!!!!!!! I haven’t been posting much because I have been real busy (not that anyone probably cares :) ), but enjoy tomorrow and hopefully a Packers victory.

Tarlam!
11-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, Rats!!

3 years ago, I spent TG in Chicago. I was invited to join a colleague and his family, who was joining a friend and his family for the day. I was totally blown away by the hospitality I received.

The man was entrusted with roasting the bird. Being a trained Chef, I was entrusted to carve the bird and make the gravey. The head of the household is a Buffalo Fan. But we watched the Dallas -Bears game :D .

The family liked my gravey, but the most used condement was Tabasco Sauce. Y'see, both my colleague and his buddy are married to South American women. (Mexican and Chilean).

The year before that, I was holed up in The Chicago Conrad and watched our beloved team lose. I was alone, beaten and almost incredibly drunk.

I love TG.

Oscar
11-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We got a couple inches of snow last night here in N.W. Missouri and its around 18 outside right now. Great day to stay in, cook some food, and watch the Packers win.