PDA

View Full Version : Brady breaking Favre's td mark???

packers11
11-20-2007, 09:22 PM
"Forget Peyton Manning's single-season TD mark. What about Brett Favre's career record? Tom Brady is on pace to finish this season with 208 career TD passes. Favre is currently at 433. Brady, at age 30, should make a run at whatever number Favre puts up."

- ESPN...

He currently has 180 td's (in the 7 seasons, and what he has so far this season)... This is the dumbest prediction i've ever seen...

MadtownPacker
11-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I would like to see him keep this pace after moss leaves. He will have to play another decade from now and that is if Favre retires this season. I have doubts even manning will break them.

digitaldean
11-20-2007, 09:30 PM
I would like to see him keep this pace after moss leaves. He will have to play another decade from now and that is if Favre retires this season. I have doubts even manning will break them.

Brady is playing a season for the ages. It also helps when they have in the game when they're up by 5 TD's to throw another score.

If he does it, so be it. But I wouldn't mind wagering a cold one on that...

FritzDontBlitz
11-20-2007, 09:49 PM
"Forget Peyton Manning's single-season TD mark. What about Brett Favre's career record? Tom Brady is on pace to finish this season with 208 career TD passes. Favre is currently at 433. Brady, at age 30, should make a run at whatever number Favre puts up."

- ESPN...

He currently has 180 td's (in the 7 seasons, and what he has so far this season)... This is the dumbest prediction i've ever seen...

Some homer from Beantown probably wrote that. If you think that's stupid, you should have seen the blurb on espn.com from some idiot fan who said they were gonna eventually rename the Lombardi trophy the Bellichick trophy.....

b bulldog
11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm as big of a brady fan as their is but I don't think he will ever break this record, I'd worry much more about Manning.

Harlan Huckleby
11-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Brady has been left off of a lot of best all-time QB lists. Not after this year, though, I bet.

"Yes, I'm handy with the ladies ........ I bet" - Emo Phillips

KYPack
11-20-2007, 09:54 PM
I have little factual to back this up, but I don't see Brady playing as long as Brett. NE's gotta slow down eventually (don't they?) & I can't see Brady "sticking it out" thru some soft weasons.

He'll have accomplished everything a QB can, a few career marks won't be that important to him.

There is the possibility that he will have such monster seasons that longevity won't matter, however.

Harlan Huckleby
11-20-2007, 09:58 PM
There is the possibility that he will have such monster seasons that longevity won't matter, however.

He will pass into imortality. Only his portrait on the wall will age, Tom will remain forever youthful.

b bulldog
11-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Forever Young :lol:

MJZiggy
11-20-2007, 10:03 PM
OK, before we start a Rod Stewart medley, let's think about how long the o-line can really possibly keep his jersey this clean. Eventually somethings gotta give.

Scott Campbell
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Forever Young :lol:

I believe that's the name of Steve Young's charity foundation.

Harlan Huckleby
11-20-2007, 10:10 PM
It's also a famous Bob Dylan song, one of the few that I can't stand.
I was talking to a young woman who liked Bob Dylan, which encouraged me greatly, a chance to reach across the generations, and possibly further. She says she just loves "Forever Young", I dopily say I can't stand that song. Game over.

Packers4Ever
11-20-2007, 10:13 PM

He will pass into imortality. Only his portrait on the wall will age, Tom will remain forever youthful.

Barf.........coff, coff,

:twisted:

Pacopete4
11-20-2007, 10:21 PM
belecheat wont be around much longer which will be the demise of that organization and tom brady...

the colts are headed downward too.. notice manning looks like an avg. qb when he doesnt have the HOF Harrison to play with, i dont care how good wayne is said to be.. harrison is the guy that has that offense ticking

digitaldean
11-20-2007, 10:28 PM
belecheat wont be around much longer which will be the demise of that organization and tom brady...

the colts are headed downward too.. notice manning looks like an avg. qb when he doesnt have the HOF Harrison to play with, i dont care how good wayne is said to be.. harrison is the guy that has that offense ticking

Also have to consider the Colts have went down a step in the O-line since Tarik Glenn left.

Harrison has been in the league almost a dozen years now. His knee injury probably will shorten if not end his career. Manning does look more mortal without his weapons in there.

It'd be great to see Belicheck out. Who knows? If they do hit the perfect season and win 1 more SB, what's there left to prove?

The Leaper
11-21-2007, 07:33 AM
It is possible Moss will only be in New England for one season.

It is also highly unlikely that Brady will play long enough to threaten any of Favre's records. The guy will step out to the broadcast booth like Aikman as soon as the Pats aren't title contenders anymore.

Brady is one of the last people I expect to break Favre's records.

hoosier
11-21-2007, 08:04 AM

Also have to consider the Colts have went down a step in the O-line since Tarik Glenn left.

Harrison has been in the league almost a dozen years now. His knee injury probably will shorten if not end his career. Manning does look more mortal without his weapons in there.

Lately the Colts offense has been missing their #1 and #3 wide receivers and their starting LT. There's not a QB in the league that wouldn't look mediocre in those circumstances. I wouldn't say they're headed downward, just having rotten luck with injuries this year.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2007, 08:13 AM
You've got to wonder if Marvin Harrison can make it back to where he was. He's getting up there.

retailguy
11-21-2007, 10:25 AM
You've got to wonder if Marvin Harrison can make it back to where he was. He's getting up there.

weren't people saying the same thing about Randy Moss in August?

Scott Campbell
11-21-2007, 10:30 AM

Nobody can say that Randy is 35 years old until the 2012 season.

Merlin
11-21-2007, 12:50 PM

Manning looked okay before his TE went down but it just goes to show that in that offense, it is the receivers making the QB and not the other way around.

As far as Brady goes, he is one of those players that got put in the right situation. He is a game manager type QB and no, he could never carry the team by himself. The offense isn't built around Tom Brady, it is built around a philosophy. Bledsoe was successful in the offense but his skills were rapidly declining. Brady is a great leader who makes good decisions and doesn't take chances. Now he has the weapons to make the chance throws and he isn't doing that, he is allowing the WR's to do their job and then he just throw them the ball.

Brady has always had a very good running game, a good offensive line and mediocre receivers for the most part. Now he has pro-bowl receivers to compliment that. It doesn't hurt that the Patriots defense is playing at a championship level the entire season so far. Normally they were a rag tag bunch that showed up when it counted.

I take nothing away from Brady and his accomplishments. I think he is a good QB. I don't think he is one of the best ever, I think he is top 10 for his leadership only. Statistically, he is having a dream season, only one that money can buy. To me, that isn't football and that's why I wonder how long they can keep the talent they have to engineer such an explosive offense and defense. It's almost like free agents all decided one season to take smaller contracts to play for a team known to make it to the Super Bowl and if you ask me, that's not football.

The big pre-season question was whether or not the Patriots could gel with so many new faces. There was even talk about Moss and an injury. If the Patriots didn't gel and they weren't the team they are this season, you have to wonder if Moss would have regretted signing with them and not the 9-1 Packers! I don't care for Moss but his skills are not in dispute. Since he didn't sign with us, I would have loved nothing more then for him to regret not doing so.

FritzDontBlitz
11-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Manning looked okay before his TE went down but it just goes to show that in that offense, it is the receivers making the QB and not the other way around.

As far as Brady goes, he is one of those players that got put in the right situation. He is a game manager type QB and no, he could never carry the team by himself. The offense isn't built around Tom Brady, it is built around a philosophy. Bledsoe was successful in the offense but his skills were rapidly declining. Brady is a great leader who makes good decisions and doesn't take chances. Now he has the weapons to make the chance throws and he isn't doing that, he is allowing the WR's to do their job and then he just throw them the ball.

Brady has always had a very good running game, a good offensive line and mediocre receivers for the most part. Now he has pro-bowl receivers to compliment that. It doesn't hurt that the Patriots defense is playing at a championship level the entire season so far. Normally they were a rag tag bunch that showed up when it counted.

I take nothing away from Brady and his accomplishments. I think he is a good QB. I don't think he is one of the best ever, I think he is top 10 for his leadership only. Statistically, he is having a dream season, only one that money can buy. To me, that isn't football and that's why I wonder how long they can keep the talent they have to engineer such an explosive offense and defense. It's almost like free agents all decided one season to take smaller contracts to play for a team known to make it to the Super Bowl and if you ask me, that's not football.

The big pre-season question was whether or not the Patriots could gel with so many new faces. There was even talk about Moss and an injury. If the Patriots didn't gel and they weren't the team they are this season, you have to wonder if Moss would have regretted signing with them and not the 9-1 Packers! I don't care for Moss but his skills are not in dispute. Since he didn't sign with us, I would have loved nothing more then for him to regret not doing so.

Ya think maybe its time you updated your sig?

Guiness
11-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Absolutely assinine to even bring it up when he isn't even half way there!

Scott Campbell
11-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Absolutely assinine to even bring it up when he isn't even half way there!

I agree. And one other point. What some future QB does will in no way dimish what Brett has done. They're not removing Marino's bust in Canton just because Brett passed a couple of his marks. The 72 Dolphins won't be thought any less of if the Pats run the table this year.

Brett's legacy is secure.

lod01
11-21-2007, 03:36 PM

Harrison is from the super 96 draft class for WRs. All except Owens are currently faultering or gone.

Kennison
Harrison
Moulds
Toomer
Muhammed
Key Johsnon
Glenn
Engram...actually still going pretty well as a 3rd WR.

Oh and Brady has no shot what so ever at the TD mark. At the same age he is about 40 behind and there is no way that dude has the athletic ability to last as long as Favre.

hoosier
11-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Could be the beginning of the end for him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him bounce back either. He's got almost Rice-like dedication and conditioning, which should enable him to play longer than most. But yeah, a lingering knee injury for a mid-30 year old wide receiver isn't good.

wpony
11-25-2007, 07:32 PM
What will make it hard for Brady or any body to break this record is free agency is going to tear the Pats apart when you have a team with that many ego maniacs they will all be wanting to be the top paid person well good by pats after a few Yrs we were lucky with Brett and his good old boy attitude

Patler
11-26-2007, 09:32 PM
If you want to pick a young QB with a shot at it, look at Roethlisberger. Starter as a rookie. 52 TDs after 3 years, now kicking it into gear in his fourth with a new HC giving him more freedom.

Favre/Roethlisberger - TDs in their first four years

0/17
18/17
19/18
33 in 16 games/23 after 10 games.

Roethlisberger is the established starter, unlike Eli Manning who is still trying to establish himself. He should have a long career. Roethlisberger had a year "headstart" on Favre in stats by playing as a rookie, and has kept pace in years 2, 3 and 4 so far.

MJZiggy
11-26-2007, 09:52 PM
But he doesn't wear a helmet...