PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know where I can get a Ted Thompson Jersey?

LaFours
11-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2007, 03:14 PM

Maybe Woody or Merlin would sell you theirs.

LaFours
11-21-2007, 03:18 PM

Woody, Merlin any help would be appreciated.

Where did you guys purchase yours?

Carolina_Packer
11-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Ah, I remember seeing those. I even tried one on. It comes with the number 00, is tight to the vest, and the fabric seems to get under your skin, but wears well after several washings. Available in gray and even grayer. Comes with matching GM shorts. You'll look like $100 bucks.

I think I found it on Overstock.com

KYPack
11-21-2007, 03:43 PM
I believe you can call 1 800 Tank-IS-A-FOOL and get completely outfitted.

esoxx
11-21-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm sure you could find a mock black turtleneck at Wal-Mart.

vince
11-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I found this on NFL.com. $200, but worth every penny!

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/435270f222.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

MJZiggy
11-21-2007, 04:41 PM

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/435270f222.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Dammit, Vince!! I almost fell outta my chair and now my kid thinks there's something wrong with me...

RashanGary
11-21-2007, 04:57 PM
It could be "woody hate me" rather than "he hate me"

mission
11-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I totally wish that i though of this idea first!! Great!!

sidenote: does woody hate the fact that we're 9-1? He seems to be one giant posting (rather than walking, of course) oxymoron.

Scott Campbell
11-21-2007, 05:26 PM
......side hurts.........please stop.........

Bretsky
11-21-2007, 05:28 PM
I love GB being 9-1; I was a Thompson detractor all offseason. In retrospect this would have made for a great bet.

If TT won a Super Bowl in Green Bay by the time he'd have left I'd have to buy and wear a Ted Thompson jersey with a pic to be posted on the website

If TT never wins a SB in Green Bay JH would have to wear a specially designed TT sucks jersey and his pic would be posted on PR.

For the record I don't think I'm taking this bet now; in the offseason I'd have been pretty confident.

woodbuck27
11-22-2007, 08:50 PM

I understand that Ted is looking after getting that order for those jersey's done so you might look for one around 2010-11.

When his nemisis Brett Favre is finally had it up to his snot with slow Ole Ted and Brett retires as a Packer to pursue a real opportunity for a Super Bowl.

woodbuck27
11-22-2007, 08:56 PM

Woody, Merlin any help would be appreciated.

Where did you guys purchase yours?

I'd WEAR A BEAR'S JERSEY BEFORE I'D WEAR ANYTHING LABELED TED THOMPSON.

If I was an Irish Catholic. Would I enter the Orange Parade as a drummer? :)

woodbuck27
11-22-2007, 09:02 PM

That must be that special Woody Harrelson Edition Vince. :)

woodbuck27
11-22-2007, 09:09 PM
I totally wish that i though of this idea first!! Great!!

sidenote: does woody hate the fact that we're 9-1? He seems to be one giant posting (rather than walking, of course) oxymoron.

How could any Packer fan much less a Packer fan of nearly 50 year's hate the fact we are now 10-1?

Just the mere thought that any Packer fan could get there isn't even mildly retarded.

What is worse!!

It's just simoly ridiculous that anyone would even suggest such a possibility.

I'll have to suggest a study on this topic to The American Psychiatric Association. :)

Tarlam!
11-22-2007, 09:12 PM
......side hurts.........please stop.........

Oh LORD! I love this place!!!

Top notch thread!

Tarlam!
11-22-2007, 09:14 PM

:shock: Call yourself a Packers fan? Shame, shame, shame. :crazy:

Carolina_Packer
11-22-2007, 11:56 PM

If I was an Irish Catholic. Would I enter the Orange Parade as a drummer? :)

So you're saying there's a chance? Yes!!!

http://www.startribune.com/stonline/images/news42/6big08.l.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Finding a TT jersey is hard and requires work and patience to discover one. They are new, but don't cost that much.

On the other hand there are several "classic" jerseys of formerly average players you should buy instead. They cost more but have better name recognition. Otherwise you can always buy a used, broken down jersey. Also expensive and prone to fall apart at any moment.

Merlin
11-23-2007, 03:09 AM
I can never get enough of the hypocrisy here. Anyone want to go out on a limb and say they wanted KGB cut after last year? Or perhaps go out on a limb and say that Justin Harrell was a horrible pick? Or that you were one of the billion people who wanted Bigby cut after the Steelers pre-season game? Didn't think so. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions and just because you disagree with them doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right. I have my reasons for not liking Ted Thompson, they are called 2005 & 2006 for reason stoo many to mention, 2 out of our 3 first round picks which only one of which is a contributor, and poor perception of veteran leadership. He had many opportunities to avoid 4-12 and 8-8. Just because we are 10-1 is no reason to go crowning him king. Take out Brett Favre and show me 10-1. Thompson tried to run him off and now looks like a genius because he is playing lights out. Of course, no one would ever admit that because they are too busy burying their hypocrisy, ala the KGB question. I can name numerous players that people wanted cut but now are singing praises for. Funny how winning makes everyone go "doh" when it comes to judging players and decisions.

So go ahead and get your childlike digs in. Go ahead and call me stupid for stating the obvious. Go ahead and be the bias homers you are. But at the end of the day, it isn't me flip-flopping all around on issues. Look in the mirror before you go bashing someone for their opinion, or are you closet Abdul Hodge (you know the guy who was going to take Barnett's job away) apologists going to finally admit that you jump on whatever bandwagon is popular, including the "bash Merlin" wagon? Meh, didn't think so. Reality sucks for those who don't live in it.

Tarlam!
11-23-2007, 03:33 AM
What a hostile post, Merlin.

Why on earth don't you share more wisdom, like how you know TT tried to run Favre out of town, with us?

I remain a big fan of Hodge. I also stand by wanting to cut KGB at a time when the salary cap was way lower than today. Now, he is paid about right, IMHO.

The Germans have a saying that I think applies to you, Merlin. They say "As you speak into the forest, the forest speaks back to you".

I have noted you shouting into the forest, Merlin. Why are you so surprised at having the forest shout back?

BF4MVP
11-23-2007, 03:43 AM
Take out Brett Favre and show me 10-1.
Classic :lol: :lol: :lol:

News flash..Favre is our best player. If you take out the best player on any team, said team is not going to be as good.

Where's the ignore list when you need it?

cpk1994
11-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks for your comedy again today, Merlin. Your insane ramblings always cheer me up as TT continues to make you look like the idiot you are.

vince
11-23-2007, 07:39 AM

Thanks for taking the ribbing in stride Woody. That says a lot about you. 8-)

LaFours
11-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I can never get enough of the hypocrisy here. Anyone want to go out on a limb and say they wanted KGB cut after last year? Or perhaps go out on a limb and say that Justin Harrell was a horrible pick? Or that you were one of the billion people who wanted Bigby cut after the Steelers pre-season game? Didn't think so. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions and just because you disagree with them doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right. I have my reasons for not liking Ted Thompson, they are called 2005 & 2006 for reason stoo many to mention, 2 out of our 3 first round picks which only one of which is a contributor, and poor perception of veteran leadership. He had many opportunities to avoid 4-12 and 8-8. Just because we are 10-1 is no reason to go crowning him king. Take out Brett Favre and show me 10-1. Thompson tried to run him off and now looks like a genius because he is playing lights out. Of course, no one would ever admit that because they are too busy burying their hypocrisy, ala the KGB question. I can name numerous players that people wanted cut but now are singing praises for. Funny how winning makes everyone go "doh" when it comes to judging players and decisions.

So go ahead and get your childlike digs in. Go ahead and call me stupid for stating the obvious. Go ahead and be the bias homers you are. But at the end of the day, it isn't me flip-flopping all around on issues. Look in the mirror before you go bashing someone for their opinion, or are you closet Abdul Hodge (you know the guy who was going to take Barnett's job away) apologists going to finally admit that you jump on whatever bandwagon is popular, including the "bash Merlin" wagon? Meh, didn't think so. Reality sucks for those who don't live in it.

Are you honestly still drinking Summer Shandy in late November?

packrat
11-23-2007, 08:55 AM
Merlin, haven't you figured out that 2005 and 2006 were the price TT paid to get to 2007? Where would we be today if TT had stuck with Sherman and what the salary cap let us keep of Sherman's choice of personnel? I'd trade 2005 and 2006 as the price for 2007 anytime, rather than for three years of limping into the playoffs only to be booted embarrassingly in the first round and a future that promised more of the same, or even less.

It's not hypocritical for a fan to change his opinion when the facts prove him wrong--its intelligent. What is hypocritical is to pretend to not see success when it is slapping you in the face.

Zool
11-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Merlin, haven't you figured out that 2005 and 2006 were the price TT paid to get to 2007? Where would we be today if TT had stuck with Sherman and what the salary cap let us keep of Sherman's choice of personnel? I'd trade 2005 and 2006 as the price for 2007 anytime, rather than for three years of limping into the playoffs only to be booted embarrassingly in the first round and a future that promised more of the same, or even less.

It's not hypocritical for a fan to change his opinion when the facts prove him wrong--its intelligent. What is hypocritical is to pretend to not see success when it is slapping you in the face.

What he said.

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 09:40 AM
If you look up 'futility' in the dictionary, you'll find this thread and many others like it...

But since I can't resist, Merlin, could you please tell my why since TT was trying to run Favre out of town, did he not accept his retirement the first two times he tried to give it? If what you say is true, he had him gone. All he had to do was say ok and he's off the hook as it would have been Favre's decision and not TT's so why didn't he just leave it at that? Why did he and McCarthy go to Miss to see him in 2006? And if you're gonna ask me why TT didn't get him any weapons, take a look at this team. Maybe people are changing their opinions about players because they turned out to be better players than people expected. I'm still trying to find the problem with that...

FritzDontBlitz
11-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Merlin said:

I have my reasons for not liking Ted Thompson, they are called 2005 & 2006 for reason stoo many to mention, 2 out of our 3 first round picks which only one of which is a contributor, and poor perception of veteran leadership. He had many opportunities to avoid 4-12 and 8-8. Just because we are 10-1 is no reason to go crowning him king.

Well, can we at least crown him GM then? I mean, since everything he stuck his neck out for seems to be paying off in his third year, how about we at least crown him a good GM? I suggest we do it now before the league decides to name him executive of the year or something, because that would mean everything we've done to praise TT and admit our errors in judgment about him would only be due to the media's sudden embracing of him - not because of what we've seen with our own eyes.

Do the math, Old Noble Wizard: 4-12 to 8-8 to 10-1 (and counting) equals progress. Improvement. He trusted in his vision, he fought to make it happen and now everyone can see what he was striving for.

But then again maybe its all just luck.

The Leaper
11-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Thompson tried to run Favre off and now looks like a genius because he is playing lights out.

The fact of the matter is that Thompson has always been very upfront about the fact that he wanted Favre to stay an active member of the team. If you can find something Thompson has said that contradicts that, feel free to enlighten all of us.

LaFours
11-23-2007, 10:54 AM
I think you guys misunderstood my question. Ted Thompson used to play professional football. I think it would be cool to have his jersey to show my support for him. Anybody know where I can get it?

Merlin and Woody were of no help. They hate TT. Why did you guys think they would know where to get one. If anything they are withholding this information out of spite.

packrat
11-23-2007, 10:55 AM
What both TT and MM made clear was that they were going to build a team for the future whether or not Favre wanted to be a part of it. It wasn't that they didn't want Favre, it was that they weren't going to mortgage the future just to humor him. It is a team sport, they sent Favre the message that they were about the whole team, not just Favre, and now that Favre has bought into that philosophy and is letting his teammates help him win, we're at 10-1. TT and MM sending the message that Favre was welcome as a member of the TEAM, was a key to the present success.

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 10:56 AM
I couldn't even find a picture of him from his playing days last time I looked. I think your best shot is someplace like e-bay because the just don't make oiler jerseys anymore. Didn't realize you were being literal--it happens so seldom around here. :lol:

Lurker64
11-23-2007, 11:42 AM
I know he was a backup LB and STer for the Oilers, anybody know what his number was?

vince
11-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Funny how winning makes everyone go "doh" when it comes to judging players and decisions. So go ahead and get your childlike digs in. Go ahead and call me stupid for stating the obvious. Go ahead and be the bias homers you are. But at the end of the day, it isn't me flip-flopping all around on issues. Look in the mirror before you go bashing someone for their opinion, or are you closet Abdul Hodge (you know the guy who was going to take Barnett's job away) apologists going to finally admit that you jump on whatever bandwagon is popular, including the "bash Merlin" wagon? Meh, didn't think so. Reality sucks for those who don't live in it.

What's funny and obvious, Merlin, is how those who haven't yet gone "doh" (not about what they think WILL happen, but about what has ALREADY HAPPENED) are worse than Homer because, unlike Homer, they haven't yet realized that it is THEIR "reality" that sucks. In that world, T + T + T spells disaster.

In the real world, Ted Thompson's decisions are proving right before your eyes to be spelling success. You, amazingly, are missing it. Join us in the real world Merlin. You'd be glad you did.

Everyone's wrong now and again Merlin, including Ted Thompson. Even you're wrong sometimes. It doesn't make people hypocrites or flip-floppers for recognizing it.

LaFours
11-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Didn't realize you were being literal--it happens so seldom around here. :lol:

I wasn't. The opportunity presented itself so I had to make the transition.

Zool
11-23-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm having trouble locating the #, but here's his Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Thompson

Update:

I have not been able to find a customizable Oilers jersey.

Carolina_Packer
11-23-2007, 12:49 PM
I couldn't even find a picture of him from his playing days last time I looked. I think your best shot is someplace like e-bay because the just don't make oiler jerseys anymore. Didn't realize you were being literal--it happens so seldom around here. :lol:

MJ's right, there are no pictures of Ted Thompson to be had.

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=THOMPTED01 here is a player profile. Here is a rare tidbit for you. He was a teammate of Chester Marcol's when he was in Houston in 1980 after Starr cut him for "poor kickoffs". Do you recall his ramble into the endzone to beat the Bears? Thompson is even credited with being a perfect 4 for 4 on extra point attempts with the Oilers in 1980. Sorry, LaFfours, no luck finding his jersey number either.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 02:47 PM

When you've dug yourself into a hole, do you know what you do?

STOP DIGGING!

Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds. Live it, learn it, love it.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Flip:

In today's world, patience for anything by anyone just doesn't happen. The NFL with free agency is designed to keep teams competitive, especially small market teams like Green Bay. Unfortunately we have not seen that success because of the philosophy of TT. I think the number of wins has a lot to do with how "well" they do their job. It's measurable, it's real and it's the focus of the fans..............
Ted Thompson: Awaiting first winning season.

Flop:

........Just because we are 10-1 is no reason to go crowning him king...........

So go ahead and get your childlike digs in. Go ahead and call me stupid for stating the obvious. Go ahead and be the bias homers you are. But at the end of the day, it isn't me flip-flopping all around on issues.

woodbuck27
11-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks for your comedy again today, Merlin. Your insane ramblings always cheer me up as TT continues to make you look like the idiot you are.

You need a good kick in the ass man!

This is just the shit that will make this place no different than what went on at other forums that went to HELL.

Do you believe that your silly Red Neck ways or attitude will make youna better man cpk1994.

Come on silly man and I'll debate you.

As YOU consider that, I promise you this cpk1994.

I'll expose you for the negative presence on any venue like this that you are.

With your false ego (low self esteem) that forces you ( like some other's here - they know who they are as they take another drink or issue another command) to play the bully on anyone that doesn't pull down on your little thoughts and window of all that is right or acceptable.

I'll gladly debate you cpk1994, because it offers me little challenge to show this entire forum, why people like you need to have your wings clipped with your bad ass name calling ways.

Your a little Red below the hairline mister (cpk1994).

phhhhhuhhh :P

woodbuck27
11-23-2007, 04:57 PM
What a hostile post, Merlin.

Why on earth don't you share more wisdom, like how you know TT tried to run Favre out of town, with us?

I remain a big fan of Hodge. I also stand by wanting to cut KGB at a time when the salary cap was way lower than today. Now, he is paid about right, IMHO.

The Germans have a saying that I think applies to you, Merlin. They say "As you speak into the forest, the forest speaks back to you".

I have noted you shouting into the forest, Merlin. Why are you so surprised at having the forest shout back?

Yea Tarlam!

Your just the common model of all that is decent and respectable at Packerrats.

You have never been able to back yourself up Man.

Always the air and never the container. :)

It will be interesting how this thread goes but I swear this time we have to have the final showdown on this all the Packer fans that don't see the Glory in Ted Thompson are idiots.

We don't have to agree that TT is the end all arguments in opposition to his contract as OUR GM.

I don't like him and I may never get there.

Taking that stance doesn't detract from any credibility or respect I deserve as a member here.

I won't stand for shots in the ball posts, that are pointless and do nothing but raise the hair on my back WHETHER THEY ARE AIMED AT ME OR ANY OTHER MEMBER HERE THAT IS OFTEN LEFT ALONE TO FIGHT AGAINST THE WOLF PACK.

Face to face I swear it would go dowen another way as I never have never will put up with common BS. I don't bluff or build myself into nothing I'm not.

The crap that is dished out here towords some members is a clear example of discrimmination and not respected by me.

If any of you clowns took that to me face to face YOU had better be set for a good ass kicking and I MEAN READY.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 04:57 PM
I'll gladly debate you cpk1994, because it offers me little challenge to show this entire forum, why people like you need to have your wings clipped with your bad ass name calling ways.

Woody, the MASTERdeBATER.

:bs:

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Looks like Woody is in full meltdown mode again. Sheesh.

woodbuck27
11-23-2007, 05:02 PM

Thanks for taking the ribbing in stride Woody. That says a lot about you. 8-)

Hey Vince.

I respect you as a Man and a Packer fan but some other's here are in need of an awakening.

I'm not allowing this BS to continue without making a stand.

It has to END and I mean with this thread.

Once and for all time it has to be dealt wih HERE !!!

I'm not smiling. :idea:

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Taking that stance doesn't detract from any credibility or respect I deserve as a member here.

I'm reminded of the old saying "you can't fall out of the basement".

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm not allowing this BS to continue without making a stand.

Lemme guess, you're going to sick the AARP on me?

woodbuck27
11-23-2007, 05:24 PM
I think you guys misunderstood my question. Ted Thompson used to play professional football. I think it would be cool to have his jersey to show my support for him. Anybody know where I can get it?

Merlin and Woody were of no help. They hate TT. Why did you guys think they would know where to get one. If anything they are withholding this information out of spite.

I don't HATE TT. I'm a Christian.

I just don't want him to remain as our GM.

Many people here will applaud his do nothing approach as the BEST way ;and in that. Make him out to be some genious when he has done little and proven nothing.

If TT supported Favre.

Then why didn't he do more for our 'O' that was in the context of obvious moves in this off season?

TT did little to nothing.

YES the Ryan Grant as a RB candidate looks pretty sweet right now ;but he made that move out of desperation, not at a time when that RB (any decent RB) could have been better prepared for the start of the regular season.

He needs to find a nice easy job at some accounting firm, not in such a position of importance as the GM of the team I love.

He totally blew the proposed Randy Moss acquisition.

Did YOU forget that one all packerrats?

How's Moss doing in NE? Did Favre work his tail off to help bring him to Green Bay?

Who's the #1 WR in the NFL today Packerrats?

Would he look any good lining up on the opposite side of Donald Driver.

What's better??

Moss in NE or Moss in Green Bay?

Why didn't hat become a reality?

Ted Thompson thought that he had him (at his bedtime).

Ohhhh . . .Ted got sleepy again.

Thought ?? What does thought ever get you??

Not a lot.

Rather confirm.

Try it on sometime Mr. Ted Thompson.

Wake UP !!!!

Then based on what is REAL . . .compensate.

WE had Randy Moss, for possibly a third and that strengthens us to no end.

Correspondingly. . .that weakens New England, and maybe, we are the Super Bowl Favourites?

No!!

New England has too much balance on both sides of the ball.

We are certainly entering 2007 a lot stronger than the way we ended 2006 if TT goes out and gets Randy Moss done !!

In doing so or Ted Thompson failing to get Randy Moss. Noone could possibly believe that Favre perceived that blunder or no show as a support for him.

That was typical Ted Thompson asleep at the wheel - NOT a decent managing style.

He's too DAM dozy ; certainly non-commital and whenever Packer fans has he respected the fans with a proclamation of his direction and plans for our future. He is too arrogantr to respect or acknowledge the great importance of the Packer fans in the BIG PICTURE.

This we'll see approach of Ted Thompson's sucks!!

I want a GM with the parts to take Favre and the other Packer Vets to the Super Bowl and to imagine that possibility with Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB is just too silly for me to entertain with any real common sense.

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Hey Buck, if TT'd gotten Randy Moss, we might even be 10-1 and playing for home field advantage in the playoffs. That would be so much better than where we are now. Wait.

woodbuck27
11-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey Buck, if TT'd gotten Randy Moss, we might even be 10-1 and playing for home field advantage in the playoffs. That would be so much better than where we are now. Wait.

Smartenn the heck up MJ.

Please just for once get there please.

The only reason we are 10-1 is because Brett Favre and MMhave their shit together.

Short of saying we have MM because TT hired HIM (just him as the man he needed and really knew could -would rope in Favre to the potential we see this season is a GIANT LEAP.

What we are seeing is the Brett Favre we deserved to see a lot more in the past decade as he always had the ability to play more like a Terry Bradshaw style of quarterbacking.

Favre is the genious on our team not Ted Thompson.

Favre works his butt off and always has.

TT is really nowhere in my sight and analysis.

I mean I study this wanna be and he is pathetic.

Of the two of them?

If you had to get rid of either Favrer or TT at the completion of this season.

Who do you let go?

Who's more valuable to our team based on results?

I know what your answer will be MJ so you need not go there yet the question will remain.

I really believe that with Aaron rodgers at QB in place of Favre we are a much weaker team.

We all know what happens tp Brett Favre if he gets pissed off. He got pissed off at TT and we are seeing him play the best footballof his career because it's now his (Brett's) mind over the it doesn't matter atitude of Ted Thompson.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 05:47 PM
as the BEST way [/b];and in that. Make him out to be some genious when he has done little and proven nothing.

If doing nothing results in 10-1 i'm all in favor of it.

I guess a bunch of GMs are lookin at TT and saying, "Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'."

Nothing: Pickett, Woodson, Manuel, Taylor, Walker, Poppinga, Collins, Donald Lee, resigned Kampman, Hawk, Jennings, Jones, K.Rob, Colledge, Spitz, Moll, Grant, Morency, tramon williams, Bigby, Rouse, Jolly, etc.

So, stop with the do nothing stance. It is ridiculous and only makes you look like a fool.

Woody, it is time for you to just admit you were wrong. TT has turned the team around. Results are what matter and at this juncture, we are 10-1. Every year under TT the team has shown progress.

What is funny is that what you claim to despise is exactly what you are...arrogant and non respectful to the packer fans.

If as you says TT doesn't respect us, then aren't you doing the exact same? 90% are on board with the team, MM, TT, etc. You aren't, therefore you are disrespecting our fandom, our intelligence and our ability to clearly see what is right in front of our noses.

My mom use to say to me that if I thought the sky was red, but the rest of the world told me it was blue, it was best to believe it was blue.

The world is speaking to you woody. What color is your sky?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 05:50 PM

Smartenn the heck up MJ.

Please just for once get there please.

The only reason we are 10-1 is because Brett Favre and MMhave their shit together.

Short of saying we have MM because TT hired HIM (just him as the man he needed and really knew could -would rope in Favre to the potential we see this season is a GIANT LEAP.

What we are seeing is the Brett Favre we deserved to see a lot more in the past decade as he always had the ability to play more like a Terry Bradshaw style of quarterbacking.

Favre is the genious on our team not Ted Thompson.

Favre works his butt off and always has.

Of the two of them?

Who do you let go?

Who's more valuable to our team based on results?

I know what your answer will be MJ so you need not go there yet the question will remain.

I really believe that with Aaron rodgers at QB in place of Favre we are a much weaker team.

We all know what happens tp Brett Favre if he gets pissed off. He got pissed off at TT and we are seeing him play the best footballof his career because it's now his (Brett's) mind over the it doesn't matter atitude of Ted Thompson.

Who hired MM? Who didn't trade Farve?

Do you have some sort of direct line to Brett's mind as you seem to know how he feels and what he thinks.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Of the two of them?

Who do you let go?

Neither. It's a ridiculous question.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 05:53 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about. Who are you arguing with? Who said the team would be better with Rodgers?

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 05:54 PM

Incredibly flawed statement. Those two have been terrific, but the team has gotten significant contributions from all over the 53 man roster and the front office.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 05:56 PM

I think this is because you're emotionally invested in hating the man, and your eggshell like ego prevents you from admitting you made a little boo boo.

woodbuck27
11-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Funny how winning makes everyone go "doh" when it comes to judging players and decisions. So go ahead and get your childlike digs in. Go ahead and call me stupid for stating the obvious. Go ahead and be the bias homers you are. But at the end of the day, it isn't me flip-flopping all around on issues. Look in the mirror before you go bashing someone for their opinion, or are you closet Abdul Hodge (you know the guy who was going to take Barnett's job away) apologists going to finally admit that you jump on whatever bandwagon is popular, including the "bash Merlin" wagon? Meh, didn't think so. Reality sucks for those who don't live in it.

What's funny and obvious, Merlin, is how those who haven't yet gone "doh" (not about what they think WILL happen, but about what has ALREADY HAPPENED) are worse than Homer because, unlike Homer, they haven't yet realized that it is THEIR "reality" that sucks. In that world, T + T + T spells disaster.

In the real world, Ted Thompson's decisions are proving right before your eyes to be spelling success. You, amazingly, are missing it. Join us in the real world Merlin. You'd be glad you did.

Everyone's wrong now and again Merlin, including Ted Thompson. Even you're wrong sometimes. It doesn't make people hypocrites or flip-floppers for recognizing it.

When you do NOTHING and YOU add NOTHING to NOTHING . . .YOU get NOTHING ,and therefore deserve NO CREDIT or NOTHING,Vince.

10-1 is primarily due to the fire in Favre's belly.

Next time you see him on TV look at his eyes. Especially look when TT,s soft defence gets really soft and allows TD,s that it need not allow.

Example the eay The LIONS started back to us yesterday.

Did YOU see Favre - the LOOK?

How many points does he have to put up on the board to be relatively sure that Defense will hold trhe lead?

Favre is defying anyone or any member of our team to let him down.

I've never seen any PRO athlete with the fire inside that Brett Favre has at this time. That has a lot to do with Ted Thompson in that because he let Favre down in this off season Brett is going to go up against him.

To spite his face so to speak.

There has to be credit given to T for the way that Greg Jennings is playing right now but he was injury prone and we are riding the wave just as Favre said yesterday that's what he's doing.

That wave has nothing to do with TT as our GM.

It has to do with the respect that the players have for FAVRE.

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 05:59 PM
So what you're saying Buck, as I'm obviously not smart enough to understand this, is that it's ALL Brett Favre and M3 and neither the receivers at the other end of those throws, nor the defenders who get those sweet interceptions that they take back to the 11 yard line have anything to do with the success of this team? Last I checked it was still at team sport. Brett Favre is an awe inspiring quarterback. But not without a receiver on the other end of the throw or a runningback to keep the other team off balance. Where did all those weapons come from again?

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 06:00 PM
He's too DAM dozy ; certainly non-commital and whenever Packer fans has he respected the fans with a proclamation of his direction and plans for our future. He is too arrogant to respect or acknowledge the great importance of the Packer fans in the BIG PICTURE.

This we'll see approach of Ted Thompson's sucks!!

This is a great example of Woody trying to project a character flaw on Ted just because he doesn't agree with the man's chosen methodology.

Shame on you Woody.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 06:04 PM

I noticed that look Woody. He was looking right at you. You are his favorite fan.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 06:07 PM

When you do NOTHING and YOU add NOTHING to NOTHING . . .YOU get NOTHING ,and therefore deserve NO CREDIT or NOTHING,Vince.

Next time you see him on TV look at his eyes. Especially look when TT,s soft defence gets really soft and allows TD,s that it need not allow.

Example the eay The LIONS started back to us yesterday.

How many points does he have to put up on the board to be relatively sure that Defense will hold trhe lead?

Favre is defying anyone or any member of our team to let him down.

I've never seen any PRO athlete with the fire inside that Brett Favre has at this time. That has a lot to do with Ted Thompson in that because he let Favre down in this off season Brett is going to go up against him.

To spite his face so to speak.

There has to be credit given to T for the way that Greg Jennings is playing right now but he was injury prone and we are riding the wave just as Favre said yesterday that's what he's doing.

That wave has nothing to do with TT as our GM.

It has to do with the respect that the players have for FAVRE.

Ok. Let's go with it woody. Favre is winning to throw it back in TT's face.

Then, it is TT that caused this great play. Obviously this is what it took to get great play outta brett since he didn't play this well under Sherman and Rhodes.

TT is a genius. He has set himself up as Brett's foil. I applaud TT for his Christ like position. He is willing to take the slings, arrows and barbs necessary to get Brett at the top of his game.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 06:09 PM

I noticed that look Woody. He was looking right at you. You are his favorite fan.

LEAVE WOODY ALONE (in my best Chris Crocker voice).

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 06:15 PM
I've never seen any PRO athlete with the fire inside that Brett Favre has at this time.

That's because you watch too much Canadian sports.

:lol:

Freak Out
11-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Have you ordered your TT jersey yet?

RashanGary
11-23-2007, 07:29 PM

Great thread. For all of those who wanted to get rid of Tank, this is exactly why having him around is good for the forum. This is good entertainment.

packrat
11-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Favre can't complete a pass without an offensive line. Favre can't complete a pass without more than one decent receiver. Those who say he is doing it all by himself are rationalizing their refusal to acknowledge the overall improvement in personnel to the point of ridiculousness. It is painful to watch them trying to wriggle out of the hole they've dug for themselves with arguments that would embarrass anyone else.

KYPack
11-23-2007, 10:11 PM

Great thread. For all of those who wanted to get rid of Tank, this is exactly why having him around is good for the forum. This is good entertainment.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

I've always hated that lyin' fool Tank, but have never wanted him tossed.

Neither has Mad, & Mad never did that, Tank left on his own. He could come back & post anytime he wants to blather & lie.

& Yeah, Wood needs to be on here. He's deranged in his TT hate, but he's a Packer fan. So let the boy get his roll on.

Wood, you are nutzo in your TT hate. The guy turned this roster over and filled it back up with talent, while using all the existing talent that was worth a shit. He kept Taush, Brett, Cliffy, Barnett, Harris, shit even Rob Davis & got 'em some teammates who can play.

He hired MM, who has a great staff.

We are 10-1, Bub.

That counts for something.

Slow down, or speed up or something. this train's rollin' and you need to get aboard.

Carolina_Packer
11-23-2007, 10:53 PM

Ted Thompson, do you have no shame? OK, pal, I understand your wanting to be fiscally responsible and be flexible against the cap, but this goes too far. You fire a reasonably good defensive coordinator in Bob Sanders and replace him with yourself, and then you don't even have the decency to move out of your cushy luxury box to coach on the sidelines or next to the other coaches sweating it out in the coaches booth? I hope you enjoyed your shrimp cocktail, you arrogant, silver-haired, misanthrope!

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

Wow, that was cathartic!

Tarlam!
11-24-2007, 05:08 AM

After reading all the quality posts Woodbuck has shared on this thread, I conclude there is nothing even remotely new to support your view, Scott Campbell.

Same old self-effacing Woodbuck, that provides nothing but hard evidence to support his insights and does so without personally attacking those who can't seem to share his opinions about TT.

I, for one, am thankful that we are the beneficiaries of such true genius. No other publication has a contributor that articulates so cunningly all that is wrong with this TT-led organization. I am of the opinion, TT has purposely lulled us into believing we are a good team, so that he can implant the dagger of mediocrity with a surgeons precision directly into our collective Packer hearts by some mysterious move he has been conniving to employ. He will surely succeed in finally running off Brett Favre, and I know, he is snickering, even as I type this, due to his own evil daydreams and scheming.

If I have learned one thing from Woodbuck, it is time to be afraid, Packer fans, be very very afraid.

Thanks again, Woody.

the_idle_threat
11-24-2007, 05:12 AM
"And there ... is ... the ... dagger!!!" :lol:

cpk1994
11-24-2007, 08:59 AM
I've never seen any PRO athlete with the fire inside that Brett Favre has at this time.

I think I ll leave the Woody bashing to you. The comedy is so much better that way. Bravo, sir. :)

Scott Campbell
11-24-2007, 11:04 AM

After reading all the quality posts Woodbuck has shared on this thread, I conclude there is nothing even remotely new to support your view, Scott Campbell.

Same old self-effacing Woodbuck, that provides nothing but hard evidence to support his insights and does so without personally attacking those who can't seem to share his opinions about TT.

I, for one, am thankful that we are the beneficiaries of such true genius. No other publication has a contributor that articulates so cunningly all that is wrong with this TT-led organization. I am of the opinion, TT has purposely lulled us into believing we are a good team, so that he can implant the dagger of mediocrity with a surgeons precision directly into our collective Packer hearts by some mysterious move he has been conniving to employ. He will surely succeed in finally running off Brett Favre, and I know, he is snickering, even as I type this, due to his own evil daydreams and scheming.

If I have learned one thing from Woodbuck, it is time to be afraid, Packer fans, be very very afraid.

Thanks again, Woody.

So can LaFours buy your Thompson jersey?

Tarlam!
11-24-2007, 12:01 PM
So can LaFours buy your Thompson jersey?

Yeah, of course! Maybe he can get us a group discount!

Badgepack
11-24-2007, 06:56 PM

How's Moss doing in NE? Did Favre work his tail off to help bring him to Green Bay?

What's better??

I for one am so glad that I don't have to cheer for that asshat Moss. Not having Moss has allowed our young receivers the chance to show what they can do. I am very thankful that our young receivers have Driver to show them how to be a NFL wideout rather than Moss. Moss is one of the best WR's in the game when things are going good for him, if not, he is a detraction. I only wish that he didn't go to New England.

MJZiggy
11-24-2007, 07:20 PM

What's better??

Why didn't that become a reality?

I for one am so glad that I don't have to cheer for that asshat Moss. Not having Moss has allowed our young receivers the chance to show what they can do. I am very thankful that our young receivers have Driver to show them how to be a NFL wideout rather than Moss. Moss is one of the best WR's in the game when things are going good for him, if not, he is a detraction. I only wish that he didn't go to New England.

Wow, somehow I glossed over and missed this one. I'll take a stab at it, if I may:

1. No I haven't forgotten.
2. Moss is having a pretty good season. Favre at one point indicated that he would enjoy having him in Green Bay. The media ran away with it, but I'd hardly call it Favre working his tail off.
3. Who gives a shit who the #1 receiver is when we are 5 deep with deep threats. The reason DD or Jennings aren't up there is because Brett likes to share the wealth, something that your pal Moss was never too good at.
4. No, he would not look good lining up next to Driver. Jennings looks better as he is completely selfless and willing to do whatever it takes whether it means making the catches or acting as a decoy or blocking for a teammate. Moss has nice numbers, but I just don't see him throwing his body around to help the team.
5. Moss in NE is better. That way Brett doesn't have to listen to anyone whining about why the #3, or 4 or 5 guy (or the tight end or running back) got the ball instead of him.
6. It didn't become a reality because it's obvious Moss wanted to be in NE and we have a strong stable of WR's here. Which one of these guys do you demote to bring Moss in, Buck? Ruvell "touchdown!" Martin? Jennings? Jones? Where does Randy think he'd be in the pecking order here? When you answer that, just remember it's a trick question.

Badgepack, I agree with you, but better New England than Dallas....then again, think of the entertainment value of Moss and Owens on the same team...

LaFours
11-26-2007, 08:53 AM

Nope. Still having difficulty finding one.

Woody, I'm confused. Could you clarify your position on TT's jersey?

Tarlam!
11-26-2007, 12:15 PM

Now, that is just baiting. Woody will answer you humbly, factually and without personal attacks.

I wonder if YOU, LaFours, Are MAN enough for HIS :arrow: :idea: reply.

Go PACK!

Bossman641
11-26-2007, 12:25 PM

What's better??

Can we give it up with Moss already? We don't have him, big deal. I'll take what we have and run with it.

OUR WR's are fearless. Do you see the shots they take Woody....do YOU?

Moss has never been the type of player to run slants into the teeth of the defense. He is a great player that has revitalized his career, but he is not the type of WR we need.

Woody, would Moss be willing to take the shots that Driver takes? Would he snag balls like Jones did on Thursday knowing that he was going to have his bell rung?

Would Fave still be passing the ball with SURGICAL precision Woody.....surgical? Would Favre take what the defense was giving him and lead the team down the field, or would he revert back to his old ways of flinging the ball up? Sure...Moss would come down with some of those balls...but would Driver?....would Jennings?....would Jones?

It sounds silly to say, but Favre seems to have grown up a lot this year. Do YOU disagree, Woodbuck? He has gotten rid of his bad habits and trusts his receivers. I'll take the new improved Favre that spreads the ball around to 5 WR's over the old Favre that would lock onto 1 guy in crunch time.

You keep fighting the good fight Woody. I'll just enjoy what we have.

Carolina_Packer
11-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Funny that you can't even find one picture of TT the player. Someone has all-time rosters, but they don't list a number for each player, which is strange, because a player's number is part of their identity. I emailed Lee Remmel the Packers historian to see if he could get that privileged information from TT.

Someone put the 1978 AFC playoff game between the Steelers and Oilers on Youtube.com in parts. I watched a few bits, but did not see TT on special teams. That turf looked like a lake and I bet it was absolutely miserable, bone-chilling cold, especially after your uni became completely soaked in cold water!

I'll let you know if Lee Remmel replies. I'm sure there's someone out there who could make a vintage Oilers jersey and put Thompson's number/name on the back. LaFours, I'm rootin' for you. Don't give up hope.

LaFours
11-26-2007, 12:51 PM

Now, that is just baiting. Woody will answer you humbly, factually and without personal attacks.

I wonder if YOU, LaFours, Are MAN enough for HIS :arrow: :idea: reply.

Go PACK!

With the jersey? How is that baiting? It's a jersey.

Guiness
11-26-2007, 01:27 PM

AHEM!

Watch where those stones are being cast! :D

Woody - have to take exception with this, and you should know better. Ever hear of a guy named Mark Messier? Him and Favre should sit down and have a beer sometime.

LaFours
11-27-2007, 08:29 AM

AHEM!

Watch where those stones are being cast! :D

Woody - have to take exception with this, and you should know better. Ever hear of a guy named Mark Messier? Him and Favre should sit down and have a beer sometime.

Favre doesn't drink anymore.

MadtownPacker
11-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Favre doesn't drink anymore.But Deanna still does! :jig:

Deputy Nutz
11-27-2007, 09:26 AM
This is the first time I checked in on this thread and it is beautiful, two mindless football idiots battling the lot in how the Green Bay Packers are winning in spite of their GM, even though a majority of the players are Thompson's responsibility. Laughable. And until Woody or Merlin can actually prove that Ted Thompson is a failure, I will be forced to laugh at them and make fun of them, I don't want to do it, I sort of like Woody, but I will.

Favre is the reason, bla bla bla bla. Tell me the last time Favre was 10-1 under Mike Sherman the GM, or Ron Wolf the GM for that matter? When was the last time Favre had a passing rating over 100 under Sherman or Wolf? When was the last time he had a completion precentage over 65% under Sherman or Wolf? Everyone of Favre's excellent receivers but one has been given to him by Ted Thompson.

The Leaper
11-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Favre is the reason, bla bla bla bla. Tell me the last time Favre was 10-1 under Mike Sherman the GM, or Ron Wolf the GM for that matter? When was the last time Favre had a passing rating over 100 under Sherman or Wolf? When was the last time he had a completion precentage over 65% under Sherman or Wolf? Everyone of Favre's excellent receivers but one has been given to him by Ted Thompson.

Good points, Nutz. However, Sherman DID give Favre Javon Walker...and Thompson ran him out of town. McCarthy could've done a lot of damage with Walker in this offense...and we would not have had to waste high draft picks the last three years on receivers (Murphy, Jennings, Jones). Maybe Thompson could've used those picks to draft some RBs and DBs.

3irty1
11-27-2007, 09:44 AM

http://inspireaction.mindandmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/highlander.jpg
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HarveyWallbangers
11-27-2007, 09:46 AM
A Thompson Oilers jersey would be sweet to sport at Lambeau right now.

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM

Good points, Nutz. However, Sherman DID give Favre Javon Walker...and Thompson ran him out of town. McCarthy could've done a lot of damage with Walker in this offense...and we would not have had to waste high draft picks the last three years on receivers (Murphy, Jennings, Jones). Maybe Thompson could've used those picks to draft some RBs and DBs.

Jennings 2007 39 625 16.0 82T 9 (touchdowns
Walker 2007 19 230 12.1 24 0 (rushing stats)2 -3 -1.5 -1 0 (touchdowns)

Remind me why you think Jennings and Jones were wasted picks and why you'd rather have Walker? And if you recall we did draft an RB (actually 2) this season one high and who did we get with that 2nd round pick we got for Walker? (I'm asking because I actually don't remember)

Oh. And that was an absolutely phenomenal post, Nutz.

Freak Out
11-27-2007, 09:58 AM

http://inspireaction.mindandmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/highlander.jpg
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sasanach!

The Leaper
11-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Remind me why you think Jennings and Jones were wasted picks and why you'd rather have Walker? And if you recall we did draft an RB (actually 2) this season one high and who did we get with that 2nd round pick we got for Walker? (I'm asking because I actually don't remember)

I'm not saying they were wasted picks. Nutz said that Favre is doing so well because of the receivers THOMPSON got for him...in a way suggesting Wolf and Sherman didn't do enough in that regard.

I'm pointing out that Sherman DID give Favre a great receiver in Javon Walker...who is the most gifted receiver Favre has ever worked with outside of Sharpe. Thompson shooed Walker out of town, and had to use a bunch of high draft picks to replace him in the process.

You can drag out a whole lotta stats. When Jennings or Jones top these...

89-1382-12
19 catches 20+ yards
7 catches 40+ yards
63 first downs

...get back to me. Walker was a stud...you can hate him all you want, but the guy is a tremendous receiver. He probably is kicking himself for being an asshat at this point. The football gods have not been kind to him after he opened his yap.

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 10:07 AM
. He probably is kicking himself for being an asshat at this point. The football gods have not been kind to him after he opened his yap.

Exactly. So what would have been the point of keeping him?

The Leaper
11-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Exactly. So what would have been the point of keeping him?

Because he is damn good receiver? Given the circumstances as they happened, Thompson made the right choice. I'm not arguing about that.

I wish Thompson would've made a little more effort to keep Javon HAPPY and in Green Bay before it all went in the crapper...but that is beside the point now. I've always understood Javon's viewpoint and Thompson's viewpoint. Neither was really wrong IMO, although I wish it would've happened differently. Javon is a good kid with a lot of talent.

I was merely pointing out that you can't claim that Sherman failed to provide Favre with any receiving weapons...and Javon is exhibit A.

Carolina_Packer
11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Walker put himself and Thompson in a tough spot. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, and Javon could have handled his business so much better than he did. Was he within his "rights" to act like he did? Yes, but for any of you who have children, or brothers and sisters, if you saw them kicking and screaming, carrying on and then rewarded by the parents, what would you think of the parents?

It's too bad how he got hurt after standing down and coming back to play, but that's life. To then go off the deep end like he did, was his own choosing. I lost a lot of respect for the way he handled his business, even if it was all a charade to make a last ditch effort to get an extension. When he came to Green Bay and you heard about him apologizing to Favre on a plane ride back from a preseason game to Oakland where he had some drops, and saw how hard he pushed to get better and train, it was a shame that he painted himself into a corner and forced a deal. Thompson's hands were pretty much tied.

Deputy Nutz
11-27-2007, 11:38 AM
This isn't about Javon Walker, Sherman tried to bring talent, he would have been a cancer instead of a bad GM if he didn't. He realized the Packers were thin at wide out and he drafted Walker, and he traded for Glenn. Neither one worked out long term, remember you draft the person not just the player.

Thompson has relied more on character when drafting then Sherman did, Jennings, and Jones are both good receivers but both have excellent character, I can't predict their future, but I don't see a hold out with either of them.

I believe Sherman made promises that he couldn't keep when he was removed as GM. I think he promised Walker a new deal, and he no longer had the authority to grant it.

LaFours
11-27-2007, 12:21 PM
A Thompson Oilers jersey would be sweet to sport at Lambeau right now.

Amen. That's the focus here. If we could figure out his # and such, we could take this project on ourselves.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Thompson didn't drive Walker out of town. He was injured and he made a decision.

As usual some folks have a selective memory. Walker was unhappy long before TT arrived. He wanted a contract renogiation after the 04 season and 2 pro bowls. A certain GM didn't believe in redoing contracts. That GM held that position with a DB who we coulda used as well and wouldn't have drafted 2 FREAKING LOSERS.

By the time TT arrived, Walker was already on his last nerve. Not to mention how he felt that Brett broke the code among players.

Deputy Nutz
11-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Thompson didn't drive Walker out of town. He was injured and he made a decision.

As usual some folks have a selective memory. Walker was unhappy long before TT arrived. He wanted a contract renogiation after the 04 season and 2 pro bowls. A certain GM didn't believe in redoing contracts. That GM held that position with a DB who we coulda used as well and wouldn't have drafted 2 FREAKING LOSERS.

By the time TT arrived, Walker was already on his last nerve. Not to mention how he felt that Brett broke the code among players.

Sorry Walker only went to one pro bowl as a Packer. Then he got hurt the first game of the '05 season. Mike Sherman made the deal to trade away McKenzie, and it was the right move. TT trading away the recovering Walker was the right move. Thompson was the GM when Walker switch agents to Drew Rosenhaus and demanded more money. It was the McKenzie situation that made Bob Harlan question his decision in making Sherman the General Manager and removing him from the position, not the Walker situation.

The Leaper
11-27-2007, 03:28 PM

You are right...Thompson took a chance that he could wait one more year before making a decision on Walker and commiting to him long term. I understand that logic, although I personally felt that Walker was a good enough prospect that you didn't need more time to prove his ability as an elite WR.

When Walker got hurt, the fact that Green Bay refused to give him the security of a long term deal all but ended the relationship with the Packers...and Thompson was more or less forced to get rid of Walker.

You can say Walker was ridiculous for demanding money after his big year...but as we all witnessed just yesterday, life isn't a guarantee. Walker was looking to provide for his family with a major deal with a significant signing bonus...just in case. I can see Walker's side of the argument as well.

I think you are wrong in this. I remember Walker getting impatient on his contract after Thompson came aboard as GM. I know he held out after the 2004 season when Thompson was the GM after being hired early in 2005. Perhaps Walker mentioned his contract before Thompson was hired?? I don't recall when Walker first made a stink on his contract.

Thompson had the chance to lock up Walker long term when he held out prior to the 2005 season, but refused to deal with Walker. If Walker hadn't got hurt, he may have been OK with staying in Green Bay after 2005 if they showed him a lot of money. The injury all but guaranteed he was out the door.

Carolina_Packer
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Thompson wore #51 for the Houston Oilers:

http://www.classicnfl.freeservers.com/catalog_1.html

It was really hard to find, but I found it.

As far as getting a custom Houston Oilers jersey, here is a source that I found:
http://nygoalpostsports.stores.yahoo.net/info.

I spoke with a guy named Jim (seemed nice) who said they do a lot of jerseys for Earl Campbell to do autograph signings so it wouldn't be any big deal to customize another name/number on the uniform, and you could go home/road uni! Jim said the cost would be $139 and since it's custom, he estimated it would take 3-4 weeks. I'd recommend calling since it's a custom order.

Here's the contact info...go to it LaFours!

727) 510-6981

We answer ALL emails promptly!

Payments can be mailed in the form of check
or Money order to:

Goalpost Sports
P.O. Box 382
Dunedin, FL 34697

(727) 510-6981 Mon-Sat HOURS 10am-7pm est 7 DAYS A WEEK!
Or click below to send an instant message!
nygpsports@yahoo.com

ALL ITEMS CARRY OUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! (shipping and customized items not included) $6.00 return process fee on all Autographed new returns. Display cases have a factory return fee of 15%.

Shipping costs are too varied to list all on this page. When you enter the checkout page, the shipping will be clearly posted. You can still cancel the order at this point.

Unsigned jerseys are for autograph signings only.

We have many more items than can fit in our store, so if you don't see what your looking for just click on nygpsports@yahoo.com above and feel free to send us your wish list!

Oscar
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I thought we had some cap issues when Walker started demanding the big coin..I could be wrong and really think its old news.. :) Put me down for a vintage Oilers/T.T. jersey! I'll wear it next season when I make my first posters game. :P

HarveyWallbangers
11-27-2007, 04:16 PM

These are sweet. It would be cool for everyone to wear one of these to the Rats game next year.
:D

Tarlam!
11-27-2007, 04:20 PM

These are sweet. It would be cool for everyone to wear one of these to the Rats game next year.

Count me in. I want one!!!

Let's get the group order going. I suggest Ziggy to handle the treasury. I can vouch for her trutworthiness. She has full access to my credit cards for over a month and only bought a Ferrari and a condo....

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Well that was your own fault for being stupid enough to hand over those numbers. You KNOW I like a sweet ride.

GBRulz
11-27-2007, 04:34 PM

and leave my Favre jersey at home? Sacrilege darling.

Tarlam!
11-27-2007, 04:36 PM

and leave my Favre jersey at home? Sacrilege darling.

We might be 11-0 if we had TT shirts, Michele! 8-)

GBRulz
11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
nope. You're not taking my #4 away from me !!! If it weren't for #4, TT wouldn't be 10-1...

hehe...I thought another can of worms needed to be opened :P :twisted:

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Why? There are worms spilling everywhere as it is, but I don't think anyone's gonna argue with that statement...

Tyrone Bigguns
11-27-2007, 05:08 PM

Sorry Walker only went to one pro bowl as a Packer. Then he got hurt the first game of the '05 season. Mike Sherman made the deal to trade away McKenzie, and it was the right move. TT trading away the recovering Walker was the right move. Thompson was the GM when Walker switch agents to Drew Rosenhaus and demanded more money. It was the McKenzie situation that made Bob Harlan question his decision in making Sherman the General Manager and removing him from the position, not the Walker situation.

Ok. One pro bowl. What is important is that he had two good/great years.

Walker had been after a new contract since after the 04 season..before TT was hired. If you don't think he/agent was working the backchannels for redoing his contract then...well, you must have more faith in agents then me.

Mac: Well, you and i disagree on that. At that time, the team was gunning for it all and the minute Mac had problems/traded i knew we couldn't compete. I would rather have had Mac and spend on him then waste money on Joey Thomas and ahmad carroll..and the years wasted hoping one could actually play. I think that could have been 2 players on our roster today..well, HOPING..knowing full well Shermy could traded them or blown the pick.

Sherman had mortaged the future for the "window of opportunity" that Favre gave us..remember back then Favre never could say if he was coming back next year. Ahman was over the curve or at its apex, etc.

I agree about the Harlan stuff. Never meant to imply anything regarding that. Infact in other post i say just htat.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-27-2007, 05:17 PM

You are right...Thompson took a chance that he could wait one more year before making a decision on Walker and commiting to him long term. I understand that logic, although I personally felt that Walker was a good enough prospect that you didn't need more time to prove his ability as an elite WR.

When Walker got hurt, the fact that Green Bay refused to give him the security of a long term deal all but ended the relationship with the Packers...and Thompson was more or less forced to get rid of Walker.

You can say Walker was ridiculous for demanding money after his big year...but as we all witnessed just yesterday, life isn't a guarantee. Walker was looking to provide for his family with a major deal with a significant signing bonus...just in case. I can see Walker's side of the argument as well.

I think you are wrong in this. I remember Walker getting impatient on his contract after Thompson came aboard as GM. I know he held out after the 2004 season when Thompson was the GM after being hired early in 2005. Perhaps Walker mentioned his contract before Thompson was hired?? I don't recall when Walker first made a stink on his contract.

Thompson had the chance to lock up Walker long term when he held out prior to the 2005 season, but refused to deal with Walker. If Walker hadn't got hurt, he may have been OK with staying in Green Bay after 2005 if they showed him a lot of money. The injury all but guaranteed he was out the door.

If you look on Wiki or google the issue, you'll find that after the 04 season he wanted to redo his contract. Sherman and the Pack said they didn't redo contracts till the final season..he had 2 more to go.

From Wiki:

Walker has been at odds with the organization since management refused to renegotiate his contract that had two years remaining on it after his Pro Bowl season in 2004, when he caught 89 passes for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns. "I just don't like the way the organization runs itself", Walker told ESPN.com. "They want players to come up there and play hard and work hard, but when it comes time to be compensated, it's like, 'We forgot what you've done.'"

From USA today
Walker had a breakout season in 2004, catching 89 passes for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns, leading to his request for a big payday. But Green Bay refused to redo Walker's deal, leading to friction with Brett Favre. Walker played, only to tear up his knee in the season opener.

From Lacrosse paper
No Packers fan will forget the way Walker, on the heels of a Pro Bowl season in 2004 in which he caught 89 passes for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns, decided he was underpaid, skipped all offseason team functions and threatened to hold out of training camp.

Now, TT came onboard early in January of 05, so there is an overlap. But, if you think that jwalk and his agent weren't broaching this till the pro bowl then we will have to agree to disagree.

I have no problems with TT trading walker or not gambling on an injured player. While I and other GMs may have kept him and given him a contract. I can't argue with the philosophy. And, for the most part Javon hasn't been able to be healthy to string a bunch of season's together.

Of course, he did play well last year..and if he was with us maybe the picks we use on WRs become other players that contribute.

But, like i said, trading him is a sound move, just like not signing an aging RB.