PDA

View Full Version : Favre Hints at '08 Comeback

Partial
11-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Now that the Green Bay Packers are winning again, might Brett Favre once again put off retirement and return to play next season?

Favre hasn't said that himself, preferring to delay his now-annual retirement saga until after the season. But in a conference call with Detroit reporters on Tuesday, Favre at least hinted that the Packers' successful season makes him more likely to return next year.

"If last season gave me hope, if I felt optimistic after our Chicago game last year at 8-8 and not making the playoffs, sure, I obviously have to feel a little bit better -- especially individually," Favre said.

Still, Favre made it clear that nothing is assured.

"If the season was over today, I could look in a mirror and say, 'You can play. You don't have to say I think I can. You know you can,"' Favre said. "Now, with each year -- and it'd be 18 years -- there's a lot of factors that go into decision-making now that I never thought I'd have to make at five years. Never thought I would be playing at 17 years, or would be dealing with some of the things I have to deal with. We have a daughter in college, we have one in the third grade and physically, for the most part I feel fine. I don't do some of the things I used to do quite as well. And I have to envision next year that would be a little bit worse."

Favre said he was "ecstatic" about the Packers' unexpected 9-1 start.

"But I also know where we go from here defines a lot of things," Favre said. "And if we are fortunate enough to make the playoffs, that's really how you're judged one way or another."

Jimx29
11-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Anything short of a super bowl win will bring him back. Win it and he goes out on top..........much to the chagrin of all the candyass reporters that for the past 3-4 years has said he should shut 'er down back then cause he "was over"

4and12to12and4
11-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Anything short of a super bowl win will bring him back. Win it and he goes out on top..........much to the chagrin of all the candyass reporters that for the past 3-4 years has said he should shut 'er down back then cause he "was over"

DEAD WRONG. Barring INJURY he will be back Period. If he wins the friggin' Superbowl with this young team, no way in hell be hangs them up, he will want to do what Elway did and win at least one more, he wants to win as many as he can before he retires cuz he's sick of hearing about how good Tom Terrific is with his three rings. Brett is already back for '08. He will be a Packer until he loses his arm or the team absolutely goes down the toilet or he gets injured. Other than those things, he will be our starter, no questions asked.

Aaron Rodgers will asked to be traded at the end of the season. We should've drafted Quinn, you watch, he will be a star in this league. Look at how awful Notre Dame is. He did a lot with a little while with that team. And he is not wanted in Cleveland, they've got a franchise QB now, and Quinn will want out. He may end up in GB after all. When we lose AR, we will trade for Brady is he is out there.

I just hope Chicago doesn't get him or AR. Well, at least Quinn. Maybe AR.

lod01
11-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Agreed. Favre's current state of mind is 'I can still play, why retire becasue when you retire, there is no coming back'

....unless your name is Vinnie.