PDA

View Full Version : BAN THE PATRIOTS--MY attempt at a humorous RANT

Bretsky
11-21-2007, 05:24 PM
MY EFFORT TO PUT THE GREAT WHAMMY ON THE NE PATRIOTS

I was not alive to witness the Miami Dolphin undefeated season. I've never seen a NFL team as dominant as the New England Patriots. They probably have

The best coach in the NFL
The best GM in the NFL
The best QB in the NFL
The best WR in the NFL and probably the best group of WR's
And before garbage time, maybe even the best defense in the NFL.

On ESPN today it was reported that some places in Vegas will not longer take bets placing money on New England to win the Super Bowl.

Colin Cower made quite the detailed analysis on what Randy Moss has did to propel every competent QB he has played with.

Without Randy Moss Culpepper averages .8TD's per game; with Randy Moss he averages 2.6 TD's per game. He also elevated the statistics of Randall Cunningham and Jeff George. And now with Brady.

Hopefully he is only there this year. For much of his career Joe Montana had a dominant WR in Jerry Rice. If he stays around a while Tom Brady finally has his Jerry Rice. Brady was already great; now he is unbelievable.
The dominance of the New England Patriots is also unbelievable. If he keeps those weapons it's very possilbe that many will tout him as the greatest QB in NFL history

The NFL is suppose to be all about parity.

This has been a great...no...an amazing season for the Green Bay Packers and its fans when you think about it. IMO Indy, Pittsburg, Green Bay, and Dallas are clearly in the second tier of teams. In normal years I'd say our expectations would be pretty great for the Super Bowl Ending. Rightfully so, the other mentioned teams would be excited too.

But those dam Patriots, they make it's oppositon look like the JV squads of the NFL. Obviously they must be doing something not normal...far beyond spygate. Ban em; it's my best and only solution right now.

As my seven year old daughter often says to me while the discipline hammer comes down

THAT'S NOT FAIR !!

Scott Campbell
11-21-2007, 05:30 PM
All that means is that beating the Patriots in the Superbowl will be that much sweeter. Everybody loves an underdog overcoming adversity story.

vince
11-21-2007, 05:31 PM
All that means is that beating the Patriots in the Superbowl will be that much sweeter. Everybody loves an underdog overcoming adversity story. :glug:

GoPackGo
11-21-2007, 05:32 PM
All of the Patriot fans I talk to are rooting for the Packers to go to the Superbowl to face the Patriots. They want revenge from '96! How great would it be for Favre to lead the Pack over the Pats again and then retire on the field after the game.

b bulldog
11-21-2007, 06:42 PM
All the NFC rep would have to do is be the better team on one day. It may be much to ask but all they have to do is have the stars align and maybe everything would go their way, it has happened before.

FritzDontBlitz
11-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Best way I can think of to end a dream season is to burst the Pats bubble. A good way to avenge last season's shutout, too.

By the way, you posters with your head so far up Bellichick's cheating ass that if he farted he'd blow your brains out: if you can't even muster the slightest bit of hope in your own team against the Pats, can you at least stop whining and spoiling the fun for the rest of us?

Jimx29
11-21-2007, 11:24 PM
All that means is that beating the Patriots in the Superbowl will be that much sweeter. Everybody loves an underdog overcoming adversity story. :glug::glug: :glug:

Freak Out
11-21-2007, 11:25 PM
The fucking Patriots are not superhuman. They can be beat just like any other team can...it just takes a little more....luck, fight, smarts...and some brass knuckles.

Freak Out
11-21-2007, 11:25 PM
All that means is that beating the Patriots in the Superbowl will be that much sweeter. Everybody loves an underdog overcoming adversity story. :glug::glug: :glug:
:glug: :glug: :glug:

4and12to12and4
11-21-2007, 11:28 PM
I predicted before the season started that the Pats would face the Cowboys in the Superbowl. I am now changing that prediction, someone in the AFC will upset them in the playoffs. It will happen, and it might be Indy. But, if the Chargers make the playoffs, I think it will be them. They are getting way too overconfident, and I think Moss won't play in the playoffs, he will be injured sometime in the next three weeks against one of the three good defenses they play against. They will then fall apart like Indy when Harrison got injured. Bet on it.

Bretsky
11-21-2007, 11:32 PM
I predicted before the season started that the Pats would face the Cowboys in the Superbowl. I am now changing that prediction, someone in the AFC will upset them in the playoffs. It will happen, and it might be Indy. But, if the Chargers make the playoffs, I think it will be them. They are getting way too overconfident, and I think Moss won't play in the playoffs, he will be injured sometime in the next three weeks against one of the three good defenses they play against. They will then fall apart like Indy when Harrison got injured. Bet on it.

Indy is too banged up

IMO Pittsburgh is the team with the personnell that best matches up with the Pats.

HarveyWallbangers
11-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Could Pittsburgh be 2007's version of the 1998 Falcons? Minnesota looked unbeatable in 1998 until somebody punched them in the mouth by holding Moss in check in the playoffs. They are clearly the favorite, but if you can stop Moss, their running game has been spotty and their defense has been giving up points. It's hidden by the fact their offense is averaging over 40 points/game.

4and12to12and4
11-21-2007, 11:58 PM
I was thinking maybe the Steelers too, but I just don't think they are good enough, the way this year is going, I see San Diego getting hot soon here, and winning that shit division, and then playing their best football in the playoffs and getting revenge on the Pats as huge underdogs, the writings on the wall. They started slow (thanks to us in part) which I think ultimately will help them, because they aren't going to go into the playoffs overconfident and cocky (like the Pats) and that will be the key to their upset, their passion and hard play, they have the talent, and Philips will get his shit together and so will that defense, they are too talented to play .500 ball. Watch out for them, they are now the team to make a comeback and knock the cocky asshole Pats out.

Partial
11-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Could Pittsburgh be 2007's version of the 1998 Falcons? Minnesota looked unbeatable in 1998 until somebody punched them in the mouth by holding Moss in check in the playoffs. They are clearly the favorite, but if you can stop Moss, their running game has been spotty and their defense has been giving up points. It's hidden by the fact their offense is averaging over 40 points/game.

We would need a healthy Al Harris, but I don't think Moss responds too well to being shoved play after play after play. Here's hoping somebody beats them so I can stop hearing about them. :lol:

4and12to12and4
11-22-2007, 02:05 AM

We would need a healthy Al Harris, but I don't think Moss responds too well to being shoved play after play after play. Here's hoping somebody beats them so I can stop hearing about them. :lol:

I completely agree. We have the perfect defense to counterpunch their weapons, except Wes Walker, cuz our safeties and backers are iffy in their coverage. But there is no way in hell Moss runs around like a man amongst boys against our bump and run man coverage. He will get very frustrated getting punched in the throat every time he starts his route, and I think that will take him out of his comfort level. He may still get a couple because of his size and leaping ability, but, no way does he dominate our defense like all these other crappy defenses he's played against. Philly will show him a thing or two. He may get one TD if he's lucky and he will not surpass one hundred yards, and Brady is going down, and will be lucky if he has more than three seconds to throw the ball. If Philly's offense can sustain some drives (good luck, without McNabb), this will be a tight game, and the Pats will return to reality.

mmmdk
11-22-2007, 02:43 AM
The fucking Patriots are not superhuman. They can be beat just like any other team can...it just takes a little more....luck, fight, smarts...and some brass knuckles.

'That's it man, game over man, game over! What the f*ck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?' quote by Hudson from the movie Aliens.

]{ilr]3
11-22-2007, 07:54 AM
All of the Patriot fans I talk to are rooting for the Packers to go to the Superbowl to face the Patriots. They want revenge from '96! How great would it be for Favre to lead the Pack over the Pats again and then retire on the field after the game.

Awesome! Except for the retirement part. I want Favre to get that Back to Back Super Bowl Championships he should have had instead of Elway!

]{ilr]3
11-22-2007, 08:06 AM

'That's it man, game over man, game over! What the f*ck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?' quote by Hudson from the movie Aliens.

LOL :lol: ,
"Ripley: HUDSON! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training.

Hudson: Why don't you put her in charge? "

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8841/hudson2ym6.jpg

Bretsky
11-22-2007, 08:59 AM

I completely agree. We have the perfect defense to counterpunch their weapons, except Wes Walker, cuz our safeties and backers are iffy in their coverage. But there is no way in hell Moss runs around like a man amongst boys against our bump and run man coverage. He will get very frustrated getting punched in the throat every time he starts his route, and I think that will take him out of his comfort level. He may still get a couple because of his size and leaping ability, but, no way does he dominate our defense like all these other crappy defenses he's played against. Philly will show him a thing or two. He may get one TD if he's lucky and he will not surpass one hundred yards, and Brady is going down, and will be lucky if he has more than three seconds to throw the ball. If Philly's offense can sustain some drives (good luck, without McNabb), this will be a tight game, and the Pats will return to reality.

Welker and Watson would be challenged for our D to consistently match up on