PDA

View Full Version : The Pats will come back to the fold the next three weeks

4and12to12and4
11-21-2007, 11:22 PM
The Pats have barely won games against teams like Indy and SanDiego. They are looking as good as all the hype they are getting against shitty teams with shitty defenses, who are going into the game scared. They remind me of Mike Tyson in his prime, the opponent lost the bout before it began because of the fear of his name and the look in his eye as they patted gloves before the bout began. Then someone kicked his ass, and suddenly he was human and couldn't beat guys less talented than him. FEAR. It can change everything. Well, the Pats are about to learn a tough lesson, as their cocky coach and players are about to embark on a three game span in which the defenses they play against are quality and will not give Mr. Brady the ten seconds he's use to to throw the ball. He will feel pressure, he will be sacked, they may continue to win even though I think they are going to lose two of the next three games, but they are not going to be blowing anyone out and ESPN is gonna start asking if they are as good as we thought. Mark my words, these boys are about to hit reality, and Moss isn't going to be roaming around the field, he will be getting hit and hit hard and it's about friggin' time. They are about to witness defenses that are almost as good as the Packers, and they're running game will suck, and they may win, but they will win ugly if they do. Get ready, cuz these cocky punks are gonna come back to reality, and it starts with the Eagles. If McNabb plays the whole game, they will beat the Pats, if he doesn't play they will lose, but will hold the Pats under 30 points. I guarantee it.

Bretsky
11-21-2007, 11:30 PM
If McNabb plays the whole game, they will beat the Pats

:crazy: IMO

4and12to12and4
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM

You underestimate the Eagles, we barely beat them WITHOUT Westbrook, they are better than you think. They've lost some tough games and the Pats aren't used to playing against aggressive blitzing defenses. If McNabb plays, he and Westbrook are going to show the league that the Pats defense is good, but they are old and slow, and they will exploit their age. They aren't anywhere near as good as people think. Teams have gotten behind in games on them and started pressing and playing stupid. Did you see the way the Bills defense played Moss? They gave him ten yard cushions. It was sick. I just kept thinking, man if he played against our corners, he would be in utter shock when they smashed him in the mouth two yards into his "route", and his routes are a joke. he justs jogs out there and tries to outjump the undersized CB. These defenses he's about to face are gonna hit him and hit him hard, Wes Welker better be prepared, cuz Brady's gonna be using him a lot.

Bretsky
11-21-2007, 11:59 PM
I just don't see it

Eagles lost to the Bears, Giants, Redskins, and Dallas.........all teams that NE is better than. NE handles the two top teams of that group handily.

McNabb for the whole game or not, they looked poor against Miami last week
Barely beat the Redskins the week before the barely the Vikings two weeks before that. They are average.

Maybe your gut is right; but logic is not on your side

oregonpackfan
11-22-2007, 12:01 AM
I have followed pro football for many years. This Patriots team is better than any team I have ever seen, including the '72 Dolphins.

Cheesehead Craig
11-22-2007, 12:12 AM
The Iggles are 22.5 pt underdogs for a reason. They aren't all that good this year. Yeah, Westbrook is awesome, but that's it. This could be a 45-14 style whoopin' by NE.

4and12to12and4
11-22-2007, 12:16 AM
I have followed pro football for many years. This Patriots team is better than any team I have ever seen, including the '72 Dolphins.

Follow it closer, the Dallas and 49ers teams of the late 80's early nineties were better, much better. The Pats are in a weird confident, pissed off mode right now that is about to come to a halting stop beginning with the Philly game. They may win the next three ( I doubt it) but, they will look not so pretty doing it. They are overrated, and once they lose or barely beat someone, the rest of the league is gonna lose its FEAR of them, and then we'll find out how good they are. That defense has a good scheme, but it's OLD and SLOW. The offensive line is their strength. ANY QB that is good, even Derek Anderson would have over 20 touchdown passes with the weapons Tommy has and the time he has to throw the ball, let's see how good he is when a defense gets in his face and knocks his ass around some. I would love to see him play against our defense, our corners would actually make physical contact with them, and they would be shell shocked, they wouldn't be able to run the ball, so the play action would be a joke, and Moss couldn't make those ridiculous catches, cuz he wouldn't be able to get off the line of scrimmage. Wes Walker would have to gain 200 yards of offense for them to beat us, and their old, slow defense would have Brett licking his chops if our oline could stop their dline, and I think we could, they are overrated too. The combined age of their linebackers must be about 200 years. Our young tough hitting defense would put a shock in their offense and be flying everywhere to the ball. Remember when Peyton threw 6 pics just cuz he lost Harrison, well, Brady would be losing two of his receivers to our shutdown corners. They might get a catch here or there, but if we could slow down Wes and the TE, we could beat them. They aren't as good as they look. Just my opinion. You watch these next three games, they are going to look very beatable and lose at least one.

Bretsky
11-22-2007, 12:52 AM

Follow it closer, the Dallas and 49ers teams of the late 80's early nineties were better, much better. The Pats are in a weird confident, pissed off mode right now that is about to come to a halting stop beginning with the Philly game. They may win the next three ( I doubt it) but, they will look not so pretty doing it. They are overrated, and once they lose or barely beat someone, the rest of the league is gonna lose its FEAR of them, and then we'll find out how good they are. That defense has a good scheme, but it's OLD and SLOW. The offensive line is their strength. ANY QB that is good, even Derek Anderson would have over 20 touchdown passes with the weapons Tommy has and the time he has to throw the ball, let's see how good he is when a defense gets in his face and knocks his ass around some. I would love to see him play against our defense, our corners would actually make physical contact with them, and they would be shell shocked, they wouldn't be able to run the ball, so the play action would be a joke, and Moss couldn't make those ridiculous catches, cuz he wouldn't be able to get off the line of scrimmage. Wes Walker would have to gain 200 yards of offense for them to beat us, and their old, slow defense would have Brett licking his chops if our oline could stop their dline, and I think we could, they are overrated too. The combined age of their linebackers must be about 200 years. Our young tough hitting defense would put a shock in their offense and be flying everywhere to the ball. Remember when Peyton threw 6 pics just cuz he lost Harrison, well, Brady would be losing two of his receivers to our shutdown corners. They might get a catch here or there, but if we could slow down Wes and the TE, we could beat them. They aren't as good as they look. Just my opinion. You watch these next three games, they are going to look very beatable and lose at least one.

The Patriots Defense is not slow; they do have a slow safety though. But their overall speed is still a solid average. They have strengths everywhere. The QB and WR positions are both stronger than their OL overall. They also have the best coach. I hope they lose; but their performance so far has been amazing.

I don't know how well this team measures up against the 80's, but they have been more dominant in the season that any of them.

4and12to12and4
11-22-2007, 01:08 AM

The Patriots Defense is not slow; they do have a slow safety though. But their overall speed is still a solid average. They have strengths everywhere. The QB and WR positions are both stronger than their OL overall. They also have the best coach. I hope they lose; but their performance so far has been amazing.

I don't know how well this team measures up against the 80's, but they have been more dominant in the season that any of them.

They are playing against shit teams that don't deserve to be in the NFL. When the 49ers were winning with Montana, their offense was unbelievable. Noone could stop them, and it was like watching perfection. Brady just throws balls up to Moss and he outjumps the defender. Big friggin' deal. Watching the Niners was poetry in motion. That West Coast Offense was unreal, even the "greatest show on turf" was better than the Pats. They are on a nice stretch right now, and it's about to come to a screaching halt. Dallas' dline and oline in the nineties with Emmitt and Irvin and that great defense would've beaten the Pats. The '85 Bears would've held the Pats to 10 points. The Ravens, when they won the SB would've shut the Pats down. Hell, I think Reggie and Brett would've beat them too. They're not even in the top ten greatest teams. They're just playing against a bunch watered down chicken shit teams right now. You know, if the Colts make that field goal, the Pats aren't even being talked about like this at all, and they didn't play that great against the Browns either, the Browns were in that game almost until the fourth quarter, and then they fell apart. The Pats defense will show it's age and slowness in the AFC playoffs and if any of their opponents puts a solid game together and actually puts a body on Moss, they are going down.

4and12to12and4
11-22-2007, 01:12 AM

Bretsky, are you on crack? The reason Brady is having such a great year is because he has unlimited time to throw the rock. If Brett had that much time, he'd probably have 40 TD's by now. And NOBODY even touches Moss at the line of scrimmage, this zone defense bullshit is a friggin' joke, and if they played against our man to man, they wouldn't know what to do. But that oline of theirs is what makes that machine run. You pressure through them and get into Brady a few times early, and that offense will struggle, especially if the run is stopped.

Partial
11-22-2007, 01:17 AM

Agreed. As much as I love Donovan, he doesn't seem to have the magic anymore. He used to be good enough to keep his team in any game. They're not in the same league as the Packers let alone the Pats.

Bretsky
11-22-2007, 01:23 AM

Bretsky, are you on crack? The reason Brady is having such a great year is because he has unlimited time to throw the rock. If Brett had that much time, he'd probably have 40 TD's by now. And NOBODY even touches Moss at the line of scrimmage, this zone defense bullshit is a friggin' joke, and if they played against our man to man, they wouldn't know what to do. But that oline of theirs is what makes that machine run. You pressure through them and get into Brady a few times early, and that offense will struggle, especially if the run is stopped.

Nope, never tried it.

Brady is having such a great year because he's a great QB and his GM surrounded him with weapons this year.

Who were Brady's offensive lineman last year ? Yes, bout same as the offensive lineman this year.

So why wasn't that offense so dominant last year ?

Because last year they lacked playmakers on offense besides Brady and this year the Patriots added weapons.

Regarding Moss, it appears that you have the answers to what every Defensive Coordinator has been trying to figure out. If it was that easy I'm fairly confident coaches making over 500,000 a year would have figured out a way to stop Moss before yahoos like us posting in a forum.

4and12to12and4
11-22-2007, 01:48 AM

Nope, never tried it.

Brady is having such a great year because he's a great QB and his GM surrounded him with weapons this year.

Who were Brady's offensive lineman last year ? Yes, bout same as the offensive lineman this year.

So why wasn't that offense so dominant last year ?

Because last year they lacked playmakers on offense besides Brady and this year the Patriots added weapons.

Regarding Moss, it appears that you have the answers to what every Defensive Coordinator has been trying to figure out. If it was that easy I'm fairly confident coaches making over 500,000 a year would have figured out a way to stop Moss before yahoos like us posting in a forum.

Well, last year, they were one half of a football game from going to the superbowl without those weapons, and they had 21 points on the Colts in that half, so actually they had a damn good offense without Moss and Co. last year. Why? Cuz he had time to throw the ball to a bunch of average receivers, but time is all you need in this league to make you go from a great QB to an average or bad one. Ask Favre, or Grossman, or Manning.

As far as the quote I put in red, the answer is because in this Cover Two, crappy DB league we now have there is no more "Woodsons" and "Harris's" left to bump these guys, they are all playing zone, scared of the big play and are letting the receivers run all over the field. The Bills were giving Moss a ten yard cushion all day long, it was disgusting. On 4th and 1, Moss just ran forward 2 yards, stopped, and caught the pass, and the DB came running in to tackle him. 4th and 1!!!!!!!! Yeah, I'd say the defensive coordinater is an idiot. MM would've had him mugged and probably laying on the ground by the time Brady threw the ball. Nobody plays man to man like we do, which is why we are a very good defense. But we have the personnel to do it. Even Champ Bailey and Dre Bly arent as good as our corners, they just get more interceptions and trips to Hawaii because of those interceptions because of the zone coverage, where they can fool the QB by playing "areas" and not receivers, but QBs like Brady and Favre eat that scheme alive, because it sucks if you have a QB thats smart and has an accurate arm. Most teams don't and the zone defense works against them, cuz most QB's in this league suck. I predict Brady has a bad game against Philly. If you gamble, you should take Philly and the points, cuz Vegas will probably give you 14.

esoxx
11-22-2007, 02:07 AM
On a side note, I feel that suddenly the Miami Dolphins will come alive and start to win and show the doubters what they're made out of. They have played some tough defenses, offenses and special teams to date and are about to turn it around. They could be a darkhorse candidate for a Wild Card berth before all is said and done. With John Beck starting at QB now, the arrow is pointed up. Book it.

4and12to12and4
11-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Wildcard? OK, it's late, and I'm tired, and the last time I checked they were 0-10 so I'm assuming this is sarcasm. However, I would hate to be the team playing them until they get that first win. It's scary going up against a winless team this late in the year. Hey, at least Ginn Jr. finally got some time on ESPN. God, Dolphins fans must be so pissed about that draft pick. Bradys standing on the sidelines in Cleveland, and Ginn Jr. hasn't looked very special at all so far, but, hey, Mario Williams looked like shit last year, and he had a great game against Reggie Bush and the Saints, maybe Ginn will get his shit together and be the next Jerry Rice. :roll:

Partial
11-22-2007, 02:23 AM
Ginn still has a ton of potential. I think he'll be a solid player because he is so darn fast.

4and12to12and4
11-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Ginn still has a ton of potential. I think he'll be a solid player because he is so darn fast.

Do you think he'll be better than Quinn? I think Quinn is gonna end up being better than Leinart, Young (who sucks and will never win anything, he's not even as good as Vick, and that's not saying much) and maybe Cutler, maybe not Cutler, he's pretty damn good, but I have a gut feeling Quinn is a winner and will be very good.

mmmdk
11-22-2007, 02:33 AM
Guys & gals it's Thanksgiving; let's say thanks to our Packers and NO THANKS TO THE PATSIES.

GO PACK GO :cow:

LL2
11-22-2007, 07:28 AM
I hope your right rhyming rat. I don't see the pats losing either. If you are right then

:bump: :alc: :five:

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 08:30 AM
16-0

Bretsky
11-22-2007, 08:50 AM

They are playing against shit teams that don't deserve to be in the NFL. When the 49ers were winning with Montana, their offense was unbelievable. Noone could stop them, and it was like watching perfection. Brady just throws balls up to Moss and he outjumps the defender. Big friggin' deal. Watching the Niners was poetry in motion. That West Coast Offense was unreal, even the "greatest show on turf" was better than the Pats. They are on a nice stretch right now, and it's about to come to a screaching halt. Dallas' dline and oline in the nineties with Emmitt and Irvin and that great defense would've beaten the Pats. The '85 Bears would've held the Pats to 10 points. The Ravens, when they won the SB would've shut the Pats down. Hell, I think Reggie and Brett would've beat them too. They're not even in the top ten greatest teams. They're just playing against a bunch watered down chicken shit teams right now. You know, if the Colts make that field goal, the Pats aren't even being talked about like this at all, and they didn't play that great against the Browns either, the Browns were in that game almost until the fourth quarter, and then they fell apart. The Pats defense will show it's age and slowness in the AFC playoffs and if any of their opponents puts a solid game together and actually puts a body on Moss, they are going down.

OK, the Patriots are dominant because they are playing "shit teams that don't deserve to be in the NFL". Hey, maybe that's why we are 10-1 :?:

Either way I don't buy that for a second. But if it applies to one then it should apply to both.

Show me some facts to support your argument that the Montana led offenses were more dominant than New England's this year. It's simply not true.

We can both argue one team from another era was better or worse and neither of us can use true evidence to support our point.

I've stated all along NE is by far the most dominant team I've ever witnessed in the 80's, 90's, and Y2K era.

They may get knocked out of the playoffs and Harv noted. Pittsburg IMO has the best shot.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Harv picked the Skins to beat them. They will not get knocked out before the SB.

wist43
11-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Brady is impossible to rattle, but I still think the key to stopping them is disrupting Brady.

If I were drawing up a defensive game plan against them, I would take Moss away... man everywhere, with help over the top. After that, my primary goal would be to hit Brady as often as possible. He takes a lot of 3 step drops and gets rid of the ball pretty quickly, but I would scheme to take away his number 1 option based on presnap alignment and come after him up the middle on the weak side of that play call.

Hopefully the hits add up, and by the 3rd/4th quarter he's pattered and bruised enough to make him merely mortal.

Heretofore, no one has been able to do it though... what can ya say??? they're setting records. They do, in fact, have a shot at sweeping the season.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Welker would kill you then underneath along with Watson

wist43
11-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Welker would kill you then underneath along with Watson

In our case, I'd limit Welker to either Woodson or Bush by scheme, assign Barnett or Hawk either in man or zone underneath with a safety over the top to deal with Watson, take my chances outside, and try to make them prove they can run the ball.

Of course that puts a lot of pressure on your DL to generate pressure and contain the run with 6. I probably wouldn't play a base 4-3 very often, if at all, I'd start out with the nickel as my base defense.

In theory, I think that's the best approach... in which case the plan is to limit their explosive plays and keep them to 4 TD's or less??? No matter how you slice it, they're going to score some pts.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I like your approach but Stallworth and their rb out of the backfield are also options for Brady. Our D would get killed by them. We are struggling against these Lions.

mission
11-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Charlie Peprah and Frank Walker are having a hard time with these Lions. Dont be retarded. Conservative coaching again keeps the game going longer than it should. We had no real issues with these clowns today.

Badgerinmaine
11-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Let's look at who New England has left. Notice that they get 4 of the last 6 in Foxboro:
1. Philly at home. The Eagles are capable of putting a scare into them but the Pats have so many more offensive weapons now, plus this game is in Foxboro.
2. at Baltimore. The Ravens' offense is miserable. No problem for the Pats.
3. Pittsburgh at home. Could be their toughest game, but the last time the Steelers went east to play an Eastern Division team, they lost to a miserable Jets team. Pats are awfully hard to beat at The Razor.
4. Jets at home. The point spread on this one will look like an early season game for a college team in the top 25.
5. Dolphins at home. Ditto, even more so.
The game I think could give them the most trouble is their last one: visiting the Giants in the Meadowlands. The Giants are wildly inconsistent, but have enough defense to keep the Pats close if Eli doesn't throw the ball away too often. The Giants may well have a lot more to play for by this poiint than the Patriots, too; this game could be the difference between making the playoffs or not for Big Blue.
Prediction: 15-1, losing the last game to the G-Men.

BallHawk
11-22-2007, 05:41 PM
They are playing against shit teams that don't deserve to be in the NFL.

If you consider Indy, Cleveland, Dallas, San Diego, and Washington shit teams, then go ahead. Not to mention they play the Giants in New York and the Steelers.

I could just as easily the Packers played shit teams in Minnesota (twice) and Carolina.

I do not think the Patriots will go undefeated and I put their odds at winning the SB at 75/25, but you have respect the best team in the NFL.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Giants will give them their hardest game

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I started this thread last week, and was mocked by some here. Well, everything I said in the opening post happened except I guaranteed they wouldn't score 30 points. Oops, two points off. The bottom line was that I could see it happening after they blew out the Bills and had been running up the score on bad teams, and everyone started calling them the best team ever, and I knew that Philly with or without McNabb would show all these idiot mediaheads that the Pats are just on a confidence wave that is about to get knocked down a bit against the Eagles and will continue against the Ravens and Steelers, teams that all have defenses that can pressure Brady and disrupt this very good offense. But, IMO, we have a younger, quicker, hungrier, better defense than the Pats and our offense is right there with them. Hell, I think Belichek was copycatting MM's spread 'em out offense. MM is much more creative offensively than Billy boy, and we can beat these guys. They WILL lose in the next two weeks here, and their confidence and swagger already took a hit, as I predicted it would.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 04:52 PM
You may be correct on your assumption but what if they had their "bad" game and they still ended up winning it?

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 05:01 PM
That's not what happened last night. They didn't have a "bad" game. Brady threw for over 300 yards and Wes Welker was the only reason they didn't lose. The Eagles have a great defense. No one gave them a chance because they are 5-5. There are a lot of .500 teams in the league that are better than their record. The Bears, Chargers, Redskins, etc.. All these teams could beat the Patriots if the ball bounced their way a couple of times. If the Ravens can sustain at least four good drives and win the turnover battle, they will beat the the Pats, I don't think they will but the Pats will not be blowing anyone out for the next few weeks. All of the media will start jumping on the bandwagon of the winner of the Packers/Cowboys game asking if maybe they are as good as the Pats. Guaranteed.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 05:04 PM
The Pats had at least 4 or 5 drops. Their Dline wasn't playing very well and neither were their Oline. It's opinion on both of our accounts but I also say they looked past them like everyone did except for you. We'll see next week. My bet is they drill the Ravens, if not, it will show that you are correct.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Please don't allow your jealousy of the Patriots to cloud your vision.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 05:06 PM
tHE bOYS ALREADY PLAYED THEM, at home :oops:

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 05:07 PM
key to the game was pressure on Brady and keeping the Pats off of feeley. That is basicly how all games are won and lost. The Pats D is their weak link and that was exposed last evening.

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Please don't allow your jealousy of the Patriots to cloud your vision.

That is not why I started this post. I just knew that the Eagles would disrupt their offense, because the Eagles have one of the best defenses in the league. And, the Ravens and Steelers will give them a good fight also, if Baltimore can do ANYTHING offensively. But, in past weeks I watched defenses play the Pats and they were giving Moss and the other receivers ten yard cushions. It was so stupid. I just kept thinking, when they play against a defense like ours (the Eagles) who actually bump these guys and make them earn their yards by "getting open" before the snap, they will struggle, especially if Brady gets pressure. He has had all day to throw until Philly came to town. And we barely beat them WITHOUT Westbrook. My vision isn't clouded, it's quite clear.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 05:22 PM
aNY qb YOU PRESSURE WILL DO some erractic things. That is football 101. The Pats will now start utilizing Stallworth more along with Watson. DC's were crazy for not doubling Moss and not being physical with him just like Owens. Neither player like physical play. I would have kept A rb in the backfield more often also to chip the ends and than catch more swing passes cause they shoul;d have been there since Moss was taking coverage with him and Welker was being focused on more and it would have also slowed down Philly's passrush. I see it as a bad game by the Pats, we'll see next Monday night.

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 05:40 PM
aNY qb YOU PRESSURE WILL DO some erractic things. That is football 101. The Pats will now start utilizing Stallworth more along with Watson. DC's were crazy for not doubling Moss and not being physical with him just like Owens. Neither player like physical play. I would have kept A rb in the backfield more often also to chip the ends and than catch more swing passes cause they shoul;d have been there since Moss was taking coverage with him and Welker was being focused on more and it would have also slowed down Philly's passrush. I see it as a bad game by the Pats, we'll see next Monday night.

Well, next Monday night shouldn't be the "tell all" for whether it was just a bad game or not, because the Ravens have NO offense. I expect their defense to keep them in the game at least til halftime, but if the d is out there all game due to the Ravens inability to keep the ball for any extended time, it's not necessarily the Pats dominance, they've sucked all year. The Steelers will be a better gauge. But, even they aren't as balanced as we are. The Pats get to play teams that either have a good offense or defense or neither. The Indy and Dallas games were close, and the Boys were in that game til near the end. They could've beaten them had the ball bounced their way a couple of times. As far as the Pats having a bad game in terms of "drops", they dropped the ball because they were afraid of getting whacked. That's what good defenses do. Cause drops.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 05:43 PM
oNE THING about both the Indy game and the Cowboys game, they were both on the road. We'll get our chance to see how we will do in Dallas come Thursday.

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Road, shmoad, you sound like a Vikings fan.

How does it feel, bbash?

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 05:52 PM
My point was that they were both on the road and they won the both of them. That was not intended to be seen as an excuse, just the reality of two road wins against 2 very good teams. You really do sound like a Bears fan :lol:

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Well, you sound like a Pats fan, you've got you're lips glued to Belichek's hoody. 8-)

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 06:12 PM
i WANT THE UNDEFEATED Pats to play the Pack in the SB. That is when I want the Pats to lose.

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
i WANT THE UNDEFEATED Pats to play the Pack in the SB. That is when I want the Pats to lose.

Well, if that happens, I'm with you, but, if they get to the SB without a loss, we are dead, becuz of the whole confidence factor. So, I want them to lose that confidence during the season and into the playoffs so that if we face them, they will have some self-doubt. We will have a better chance of beating them. So keep rooting for them if you want, but you better hope they start questioning themselves, or they will go through the playoffs and SB with no problems, and will beat us if we get there. Confidence is a HUGE part of winning in this league.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Pressure on undefeated teams is also huge and how pressure can effect a teams play

3irty1
11-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Good call 4and12to12and4. That was a bold prediction but you were right. The Eagles aren't to be underestimated. They have a one man offense in Brian Westbrook and a defense that can blitz and cover.

That being said we resemble the Eagles in a lot of ways. We can cover with the best. We get great pressure on the qb... And we have an unstoppable offense. The Packers could most definitely take them down should we find ourselves in the superbowl.

MadtownPacker
11-27-2007, 08:44 AM
i WANT THE UNDEFEATED Pats to play the Pack in the SB. That is when I want the Pats to lose.I kinda like this scenario too!

I can tell you this, if the NFL was ever gonna "fix" a Superbowl, a Favre vs Brady match would be the time to do it. They storyline and $$$ would be outstanding.

HarveyWallbangers
11-27-2007, 11:28 PM
From Jake Tracy of Milwaukee, Wisc.: "Give me three teams that could beat the Pats, and explain why.''

Peter King, SI.com: "Could'' being the operative word, my three would be: 1. Indianapolis, which was ahead by 10 with nine minutes to go when they met three weeks ago; 2. Dallas, which was ahead in the third quarter when they met in October and seems to be getting better on offense week by week; 3. Green Bay, if Charles Woodson were healthy enough to play. Physical corners are a must playing New England, along with a pesky pass-rush and a quarterback who can match Tom Brady series for series. Green Bay has all of those things, but only if Woodson's toe injury would be a non-factor in the game.

Bretsky
11-27-2007, 11:30 PM
From Jake Tracy of Milwaukee, Wisc.: "Give me three teams that could beat the Pats, and explain why.''

Peter King, SI.com: "Could'' being the operative word, my three would be: 1. Indianapolis, which was ahead by 10 with nine minutes to go when they met three weeks ago; 2. Dallas, which was ahead in the third quarter when they met in October and seems to be getting better on offense week by week; 3. Green Bay, if Charles Woodson were healthy enough to play. Physical corners are a must playing New England, along with a pesky pass-rush and a quarterback who can match Tom Brady series for series. Green Bay has all of those things, but only if Woodson's toe injury would be a non-factor in the game.

Pittsburg should certainly be in that group too

Good secondary; decent pass rush. Potential to move ball on NE on offense

4and12to12and4
12-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Just want to bring up this thread again to say "See, I told you so". The Pats look like a very average team these last two weeks and it will, as I predicted, continue against the Steelers. I did predict they'd lose one or two, but if not for the zebras, they would've won tonight. Anyways, just massaging my ego. Sorry. I'm just glad, for the Packers sake, that this team looks very beatable. I mean, we are better than the Eagles with a backup QB and the Ravens with their pathetic offense. No way does their running game get those yards against us if we are healthy. So, we can beat these punks. We just need to get through the NFC. Here's to a two game winning streak to get that bye!!!! Go Pack!!!!

Bretsky
12-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Just want to bring up this thread again to say "See, I told you so". The Pats look like a very average team these last two weeks and it will, as I predicted, continue against the Steelers. I did predict they'd lose one or two, but if not for the zebras, they would've won tonight. Anyways, just massaging my ego. Sorry. I'm just glad, for the Packers sake, that this team looks very beatable. I mean, we are better than the Eagles with a backup QB and the Ravens with their pathetic offense. No way does their running game get those yards against us if we are healthy. So, we can beat these punks. We just need to get through the NFC. Here's to a two game winning streak to get that bye!!!! Go Pack!!!!

Still undefeated; still the best.

HarveyWallbangers
12-04-2007, 12:26 AM

Showing some vulnerability though. Be honest, they look a hell of a lot more beatable now than they did a few weeks ago.

Bretsky
12-04-2007, 12:37 AM

Showing some vulnerability though. Be honest, they look a hell of a lot more beatable now than they did a few weeks ago.

Absolutely true

If GB somehow gets to the SB I'd still prefer to play the others in the NFC though

mmmdk
12-04-2007, 05:57 AM
Pats won again; cheating works. Even though Pats are great, I can't enjoy their play. And why does Brady talk to the refs after each incomplete pass? The 'world' is against the Pats of course :roll:

mmmdk
12-04-2007, 06:00 AM
Oh and Rex Ryan blew it by calling that timeout on 4th & 1 when the Ravens actually stuffed Pats. Hence Pats won.

b bulldog
12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
I think Dalllas is the best team in football at this time. The Pats are looking like a team that is playing not to lose. I think the pressure of an undefeated season is getting to them.