PDA

View Full Version : Lamont Jordan?

footballfever
11-22-2007, 03:55 AM
I don't know if anyones posted this or seen this, but it sounds like the Raiders are about to release him........ He was phenomenal when he was starting this season, how he went from starting to benched to asking for his release is kinda suspicious. But why not take a chance on the guy, we have a pretty crowded backfield as it is but this guy is pretty damn good. I had him on almost all my fantasy teams to start the year and he really carried my teams.

Rastak
11-22-2007, 07:23 AM
I don't know if anyones posted this or seen this, but it sounds like the Raiders are about to release him........ He was phenomenal when he was starting this season, how he went from starting to benched to asking for his release is kinda suspicious. But why not take a chance on the guy, we have a pretty crowded backfield as it is but this guy is pretty damn good. I had him on almost all my fantasy teams to start the year and he really carried my teams.

On the contrary, with Priest Holmes out and Larry Johnson out I'd be absolutely shocked if Al Davis released Jordan. The Chiefs would sign him in 5 seconds flat. Davis would never allow that.

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 07:51 AM
He'd be a nice pickup. I doubt it would happen, but I'd be very happy if it did. Grant/Jordan/Jackson is a lot better than Grant/Jackson/Morency. It might be the piece that gets us to the SB.

footballfever
11-22-2007, 08:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Raiders-may-grant-Jordan-s-request-for-release;_ylt=AnX2cb8t8cFLWWyh3FxNesf.uLYF?urn=nfl, 54598 thats the link

Rastak
11-22-2007, 08:32 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Raiders-may-grant-Jordan-s-request-for-release;_ylt=AnX2cb8t8cFLWWyh3FxNesf.uLYF?urn=nfl, 54598 thats the link

Yes, I've heard the reports. Why would the Raiders allow the Chiefs to pick up a running back?

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Yes, I've heard the reports. Why would the Raiders allow the Chiefs to pick up a running back?

Why would Jordan choose the Chiefs if the Packers were willing to sign him. I'd guess that if the Packers wanted him for the year, he'd be theirs well before the Chiefs. That's the perk of being a SB contender.

lod01
11-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Fat and useless.Can't even sniff the field now for one of the worst teams in the league.

Bretsky
11-22-2007, 08:54 AM

Why would Jordan choose the Chiefs if the Packers were willing to sign him. I'd guess that if the Packers wanted him for the year, he'd be theirs well before the Chiefs. That's the perk of being a SB contender.

If they release him the Chiefs can claim him and they'll have rights before GB.

I wonder what the real deal is here ? Jordan has talent; I wonder if he's a chemistry concern

MJZiggy
11-22-2007, 08:56 AM
You think the RAIDERS are concerned with chemistry? :?:

Guiness
11-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Well, he'd have to be released, and clear waivers, wouldn't he? A team would have to be willing to assume his current contract, but they could pick him up before he becomes an FA. The Chiefs, with a worse record, would get a shot before us.

Is this how it works?

gbpackfan
11-22-2007, 08:58 AM

I wonder what the real deal is here ? Jordan has talent; I wonder if he's a chemistry concern

Some players, based on years played, aren't subject to the waiver wire (I THINK). I don't know if Jordan fits the criteria or not.

Bretsky
11-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Where in the hell is Patler anyways ? Our statman has been MIA for too long now :!:

Rastak
11-22-2007, 09:01 AM

Some players, based on years played, aren't subject to the waiver wire (I THINK). I don't know if Jordan fits the criteria or not.

Not sure if he's subject to waivers or not but don't you think the Chiefs with no running backs would outbid anyone else?

Spaulding
11-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Fat and useless.Can't even sniff the field now for one of the worst teams in the league.

This is the same team that couldn't get much out of Randy Moss and now look at him. The whole organization appears to be poorly run from top to bottom and any players that leaves there likely will be better by default.

LaMont Jordan was decent for the Jets and was solid for the Raiders when healthy. I'm guessing he's in Whisenhunts doghouse or they want to stick with youth (ala Fargas) and look to next year.

Not sure if he's needed in GB since Grant is playing well and I still think Jackson will be solid if unspectacular at some point but depth is always good at the right price.

The Shadow
11-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I'd rather we pick up Lamont Cranston.

KYPack
11-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Being released is like the draft.

First you must go thru your conference (in his case the AFC), before you would go the other conference. The team with the poorest record from the previous season gets first crack and so on down the line.

I wouldn't think Jordan would make it out of the AFC and the Chiefs would be a prime candidate to grab him.

arcilite
11-22-2007, 10:11 AM
why would you want jordan?

This kid has a good 2-3 game start to the season and then gets hurt every year. Hes a RB version of mcnabb.

Rastak
11-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Adam Schefter just reported the Raiders were considering releasing Jordan but realized he would be immediately signed by the Chiefs so they plan to hold on to him until the end of the season.

More opinion than fact but I would agree with him.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-22-2007, 02:57 PM

This is the same team that couldn't get much out of Randy Moss and now look at him. The whole organization appears to be poorly run from top to bottom and any players that leaves there likely will be better by default.

LaMont Jordan was decent for the Jets and was solid for the Raiders when healthy. I'm guessing he's in Whisenhunts doghouse or they want to stick with youth (ala Fargas) and look to next year.

Not sure if he's needed in GB since Grant is playing well and I still think Jackson will be solid if unspectacular at some point but depth is always good at the right price.

whisenhunt doesn't coach the raiders.

Fargas has 5 years as opposed to 7 for jordan. Hardly a youth movement.

Spaulding
11-22-2007, 05:54 PM

whisenhunt doesn't coach the raiders.

Fargas has 5 years as opposed to 7 for jordan. Hardly a youth movement.

You're right on Whisenhunt, guess I had Cardinals on the brain for some odd reason. Corrected to Kiffin. As for the age, you're right. Thought this was the 4th year for Fargas and 8th from Jordan. Wrong on that account as although there are two NFL seasons difference, there is only one actual year in age difference. Guess I'll go back to the doghouse theory or Fargas being a coaches pet since he went to USC.