PDA

View Full Version : Let the hype begin, Packers vs Cowboys

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 02:25 PM
In a game where one of the NFL's rivalries will be renewed, the 10-1 Green Bay Packers will be playing at the probable 10-1, Dallas Cowboys. Both teams have star power galore and both teams are national teams. The game will have huge homefield ramifications for the playoffs.

The Leaper
11-22-2007, 02:40 PM
we aren't 10-1 yet.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 02:40 PM
:shock:

The Leaper
11-22-2007, 02:53 PM
OK...your hype can now continue. I think. :D

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Don't rain on my parade leaper :lol:

MadtownPacker
11-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Bring those sorry ass lames on!!! Play the game this Sunday!!!

Tarlam!
11-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Go Jets. :oops:

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Go Jets

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 03:26 PM
The route is on, Dallas scores on first drive :x

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 03:30 PM
The Packers don't have star power. They have Favre and a bunch of relative no names. Everyone thought this team was destined for mediocrity because they do not have star power.

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 03:32 PM
I see some holes in the Cowboys defense. I think it could be a good game. Grant looked strong today. Harris will just have to be on TO all day.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 03:32 PM
My point with the Packers "Star Power" was #4. He is the face of the NFL. The team has bigtime star power.

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 03:34 PM
My point with the Packers "Star Power" was #4. He is the face of the NFL. The team has bigtime star power.

In that case, yeah they do.

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 03:35 PM
The Packers have one of the top ranked ST units (Soemthing like top 5) and the Cowboys are in the bottom 10. That could be a difference.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 03:37 PM
the Cowboys Oline will maul the Packers Dline like the Lions Oline did today when running. Our D won't hold up :cry:

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 03:44 PM
the Cowboys Oline will maul the Packers Dline like the Lions Oline did today when running. Our D won't hold up :cry:

I don't think so, bulldog. The Cowboys will score. The will run. They will pass.

The Packers have an offense and ST's that can dominate both of their units and a top 5 defense to slow down their top 2 offense.

Is it the toughest game of the year? Sure it is, but just because the Cowboys can score doesn't mean they have the game wrapped up. There are 3 phases, two of wich the Packers should be able to win.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 03:45 PM
We'll see but our D struggles against a diverse O.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I see a 35-24 game. If Woodson, KGB and Tauscher aren't close to 100%, that will really hurt.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 04:01 PM
packers magic number-2 games :D

LL2
11-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I hope the Cowboys lose today so the Packers can be the 2nd best team in the NFL!

The Leaper
11-22-2007, 04:22 PM

The Cowboys D struggles against a fierce passing attack.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 04:48 PM
I think our O will definitely give the Cowboys fits also.

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 05:29 PM

Right. Their O will beat our D.

Our ST's will beat their ST's

Our O wil beat their D

We should win two of the three phases. Their O is going to have to dominate the Packers D for 60 minutes because they are going to be trying to overcome their inferior defense and ST's.

I think it's going to be a high scoring game, decided by who makes the most mistakes IMO. I think it will be close either way.

mmmdk
11-22-2007, 06:17 PM

Right. Their O will beat our D.

Our ST's will beat their ST's

Our O wil beat their D

We should win two of the three phases. Their O is going to have to dominate the Packers D for 60 minutes because they are going to be trying to overcome their inferior defense and ST's.

I think it's going to be a high scoring game, decided by who makes the most mistakes IMO. I think it will be close either way.

Right on! Yet the injury bug will play a role too.

Harlan Huckleby
11-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Dallas is damn good. I think our heros go down next week. But obviously it will be a competitive game. I just don't like our O-line against their D-line.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 06:24 PM
I think Dallas is the more complete team but hopefully we can pull it out. 35-24, Boys :(

3irty1
11-22-2007, 06:33 PM
More complete team? Blah. We'll be able to do whatever we want against that trashy secondary.

The Leaper
11-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Dallas is damn good. I think our heros go down next week. But obviously it will be a competitive game. I just don't like our O-line against their D-line.

At full health, I think our team is better. Our defense at full strength has the capacity to slow down the Cowboys. Having Woodson, Collins, Pickett, KGB, etc at less than 100% is not a good sign.

Being the #2 seed might not be a bad thing. It is very possible that the best team in the NFC outside of GB/DAL will be a wild card team...so having the #1 seed might actually cause you to face a tougher matchup in the second round of the playoffs. The #1 seed would have a higher probability of facing the Giants IMO...who will be the #5 seed.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 09:02 PM
THEY HAVEN'T HAD gLENN ALL YEAR

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 09:36 PM
THEY HAVEN'T HAD gLENN ALL YEAR

The Cowboys are missing Glenn and have a couple guys knocked up. The Packers are missing a shit load of people. This list below is before this weeks crap load of new injuries.

Dallas Cowboys
Current Updates
Offense
--WR Patrick Crayton: Dallas Cowboys WR Patrick Crayton (ankle) did not practice Tuesday, Nov. 20, and is uncertain to play Week 12.
--OG Leonard Davis: Dallas Cowboys OG Leonard Davis (ankle) practiced Tuesday, Nov. 20, and is expected to start Week 12.
Defense
--CB Anthony Henry: Dallas Cowboys CB Anthony Henry (ankle) practiced Tuesday, Nov. 20, and is expected to play Week 12. Henry will likely play in nickel and dime situations mainly.

Green Bay Packers
Current Updates
Offense
--RB Ryan Grant: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers RB Ryan Grant (ankle) was injured during the team's Week 11 game. Grant left the game and did not return but appeared fine after the game. He was limited in practice Tuesday, Nov. 20, but is expected to play Week 12.
--WR Koren Robinson: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Koren Robinson (knee) did not practice Tuesday, Nov. 20, but is expected to play Week 12.
--TE Bubba Franks: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers TE Bubba Franks (knee) has been sidelined with a knee injury the past two weeks and is likely out at least another week.
--OG Junius Coston: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers OG Junius Coston (ankle) has been active the past two weeks but did not play. Coston is expected to be available to play Week 12.
--OT Mark Tauscher: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers OT Mark Tauscher (ankle) was limited in practice Tuesday, Nov. 20, but is expected to start Week 12.
--OT Chad Clifton: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers OT Chad Clifton (knee) was limited in practice Tuesday, Nov. 20, but is expected to play Week 12.
--OT Daryn Colledge: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers OT Daryn Colledge (back) practiced Tuesday, Nov. 20, and is expected to play Week 12.
--OL Tony Moll: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers OL Tony Moll (neck) was dressed but did not play Week 11. Moll practiced Tuesday, Nov. 20, and is expected to be available to play Week 12.
Defense
--DL Johnny Jolly: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers DL Johnny Jolly (shoulder) was injured during the team's Week 11 game. Jolly returned but then left the game again. He is expected to miss at least two weeks and possibly longer.
--DL Justin Harrell: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers DL Justin Harrell (ankle) sprained his ankle two weeks ago in practice and has not played since. Harrell is likely to return and play Week 12.
--DL Cullen Jenkins: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers DL Cullen Jenkins (knee) practiced Tuesday, Nov. 20, and is expected to be available to play Week 12.
--LB Tracy White: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers LB Tracy White (ankle) did not play Week 11. White was limited in practice Tuesday, Nov. 20, but is expected to play Week 12.
--CB Al Harris: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers CB Al Harris (back) was limited in practice Tuesday, Nov. 20, but is expected to start Week 12.
--CB Will Blackmon: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers CB Will Blackmon (foot) has increased his rehabilitation workload and may be able to return this season. Blackmon is not expected to play Week 12.
--CB Charles Woodson: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers CB Charles Woodson (hip) was limited in practice Tuesday, Nov. 20, but is expected to play Week 12.
--FS Nick Collins: Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers FS Nick Collins (knee) was injured in the team's Week 11 game. Collins is expected to miss at least one or two more weeks.

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 09:41 PM
The Packers have a lot of injuries. It's impressive that they are winning, even with the constant injuries. It hasn't been a good year iwth health, but they have more depth than in years past so they are still on track.

This is the toughest game of the year. I think the Packers can win it, but even if they don't, I think they could win the playoff game in a few weeks if they have a healthy run late.

Tarlam!
11-23-2007, 02:26 AM
The Packers are missing a shit load of people. This list below is before this weeks crap load of new injuries.

:shock: :shock: :shock: I am shocked! Imagine how our team would do if they weren't banged up!!

I am encouraged that our backups still won the Turkey Game. Also, a week between games will seem like they had a bye week, after the 4 day turnaround.

M3 is smart with letting bodies heal etc. And, he has shown that his coaching staff is up to the task of game planning.

We are unbeaten on the road and we have had extremely hostile environments to play in (Denver, KC, Minnie, Detroit, even NYC!), so any advantage is not that big, at least in the minds of the team.

By no means do I underestimate the 'Boys team when I say, I think we will be well prepared and have an opportunity to win in Dallas.

I am a huge fan of M3 and I don't doubt for a millisecond that he will have a plan. I also am a huge fan of the effort the players are putting in and how they have executed to date.

Indeed, I feel "some" confidence.

RashanGary
11-23-2007, 06:37 AM
Right Tarlam. That was partially my point. Bulldog stated that all teams are banged up and that Glenn was out all year. Basically saying "no excuses"

It's been true for this team, no excuses are needed because they keep winning with whoever the backup is. However, the packers are going in more beat up than the Cowboys, missing one of the DT's that would have contributed most to stopping the run, one of the DE's taht would have contributed most to getting pressure and our best CB.

The Packers and Colts have the longest injury reports in the league. The Colts are losing (largely because of injuries), so it's obviously a case of injuries mattering and some teams having more than others.

That said, the Packers can still win this game. If they don't win it, they will give the Cowboys a good run for their money and even if they lose (I expect them to), I don't think it means they are going to lose in the playoffs. The Packers are young, they are beat up. They have a cupcake last part of the schedule. They should be able to get healhty, get a rythym and play their besrt football when it matters most, in the playoffs. Right now though, they have their toughest game of the year at the point when they have the most injuires in the league. Top it off, they are on the road on a short week in Detroit, then on the road in DAllas. Dallas on the other hand is in game 3 of a 3 game home stand and is almost fully healthy. It's going to be tough.

Bretsky
11-23-2007, 07:38 AM
I thought a bit ago you had said you were not worried about Dallas ? More worried about the Lion game. Either way I just hope this is a very competitive game. I want to see the Packers play well and no blowouts. I don't expect them to win, but if they do it'll be great as well. I do expect a close game.

b bulldog
11-23-2007, 07:46 AM
Every player in the league is now banged up and basicly it comes down to how many you want on your injury report. I'm starting to sense an excuse here Nick :oops:

b bulldog
11-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Woodson and Jolly are the only two that we will miss if they don't play. The others won't be missed or are obviously going to play. At this time of the year, you could put the entire team on the injury report. That Harrell injury will really hurt us won't it :oops: Hopefully Collins will still be out also.

Badgepack
11-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Somebody needs to remind Favre about the crown of the playing field at Texas Stadium, keep those throws down.

billy_oliver880
11-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Somebody needs to remind Favre about the crown of the playing field at Texas Stadium, keep those throws down.

Man now that reminds me of all them stupid playoff games we had against them. :evil:

Joemailman
11-23-2007, 06:41 PM
The Packers will probably need to score 30+ to win. I think it comes down to whether the Packers can protect Favre with a 4 WR alignment. If they can, I think Packers have a great chance because the Dallas safeties are not particularly good in coverage.

4and12to12and4
11-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Woodson and Jolly are the only two that we will miss if they don't play. The others won't be missed or are obviously going to play. At this time of the year, you could put the entire team on the injury report. That Harrell injury will really hurt us won't it :oops: Hopefully Collins will still be out also.

Jolly is not a known name in the NFL but he has been a dominant force for us, and one of the reasons that Kampman and the rest of the line have been so dominant, no one can be doubled without using tight ends and rbs. Losing Jolly is big. And, of course, Woodson, he is simply outstanding. If they are both sidelined, we will need to keep the ball and score a lot of points. Ball control and turnovers are key in this game. Stopping their running attack without Jolly or Cole will be tough, because we can't rotate like MM wants. It's the strength of the defense, plus having Woodson and Harris. Losing these guys is huge, and I'd rather see them not play and get healthy for the playoffs, as said earlier, being the #2 seed might be a blessing in disguise. Let the Cowboys play the Giants. Although, I don't want to play the Seahawks either, but, I think we can beat either of them at Lambeau.

Tarlam!
11-24-2007, 05:53 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuiKu394FHAP0UDb_UahpGpDubYF?slug=ap-record-settingcowboys&prov=ap&type=lgns

Cowboys' numbers impressive, but beating Packers most important goal now

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer
November 23, 2007

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- The records keep coming for the Dallas Cowboys, with more in sight. Good ones, too.

Most wins? The record is 13, and this club is already 10-1, itself a record for best start. Dallas would have to finish 2-3 or worse not to get this one.

Most points? The record is 479, and this club has 358. The Cowboys' season low is 24 points, done only once. They'll have to average that or less to fall short of this mark.

Most touchdown passes? With 29, Tony Romo already has surpassed the greatest seasons by Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach and tied the record set by Danny White. Terrell Owens has been on the receiving end of 13 TDs, one shy of matching that record.

As glorious as it all sounds for a franchise with such a proud history, these milestones will be pretty useless if the Cowboys don't win their next game -- at home, Thursday night, against Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers, who happen to also be 10-1.

The winner will have a two-game lead in the chase for home-field advantage in the NFC playoffs with only four games left. Put more bluntly, the upcoming game could determine whether the conference championship is played at Texas Stadium or Lambeau Field.

"I like Texas Stadium better," Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware said.

A late January game in Green Bay wouldn't necessarily doom Dallas' Super Bowl chances. After all, the Cowboys are 5-0 on the road and, as coach Wade Phillips noted Friday, a game in nasty weather would mean fewer passes and more runs, which probably would benefit his club.

Still, there's something to be said about getting to play at home, like Dallas will do in this potential NFC championship preview.

"The thing that excites me is this team always seems like they've been up for a challenge like this," tight end Jason Witten said. "This is why you play, to be in these situations."

The Cowboys are enjoying their most pleasantly surprising season since 1992, when Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin went from up-and-comers to team to beat.

Like the '92 squad, Dallas came into this season expecting to be good, just not so good that it's rattled off a pair of five-game winning streaks around the lone loss, to undefeated New England. Expectations are now flying despite the team having gone 10 straight seasons without winning a playoff game.

"To see those really hard, lean years, and now to be part of the Dallas Cowboys on a positive side, it's a good feeling," said linebacker Greg Ellis, who arrived in 1998, when the postseason drought was only a year old.

Playing before a national audience on Thanksgiving, the Cowboys offered a pretty good primer for folks who haven't been watching with their 34-3 stomping of the New York Jets.

While it was far from their best performance, they were in control from the start and never relented. Romo didn't dominate, but still completed 75 percent of his passes and had two touchdowns. They ran for another score and had their most yards rushing all season. They didn't allow a touchdown for the first time and won by their widest margin.

"The goal is to continue to get better, continue to work," linebacker Bradie James said.

Taking care of business is never as easy as it sounds in the NFL. In this case, Dallas had to get fired up for a 2-8 team on a short week following a win over rival Washington that closed a 3-0 stretch against division foes. And right before the showdown with the Packers.

"We have done that all year," Phillips said. "We have focused at the game at hand, and I think we will continue to do that. We will certainly focus on this one. ... If we play our best, we are going to do well."

A big part of the buildup for this game will be the quarterbacks, Favre vs. the kid who grew up in Wisconsin cheering for No. 4. It can't be a coincidence that Romo's swashbuckling style is a lot like Favre's.

"I just think it's going to be fun," Romo said. "Any time you play in a big game it's enjoyable. The fact it's the Packers is exciting for me."

Dallas and Green Bay will be only the second 10-1 teams to square off since 1970.

The last time it happened was in 1990, when the New York Giants went to San Francisco and lost to the 49ers. They met again at Candlestick Park in the NFC championship game and the Bill Parcells-coached Giants won the rematch. They went on to win the Super Bowl.

mraynrand
11-24-2007, 09:17 AM
The Cowboys are missing Glenn and have a couple guys knocked up. Terry Glenn got knocked up? Who got her pregnant?

RashanGary
11-24-2007, 09:27 AM
KGB, Woodson and Jolly being out are very damaging to this defense.

Jolly is VERY stout against the run.

KGB has been getting consistant pass rush in the 4th becuase he's rested and Kamp isn't. KGB is the #2 sack leader in the NFL

Charles Woodson is playing at a probowl level

SO. . . . .

We're missing our starting DT, the other starter has a knee injury and we're missing our #4 DT.

We're missing one of the leagues top pass rushers

We're missing a probowl CB.

All while going up against the NFL's #2 offense. The Cowboys are going to score. The Packers have to win the ST's and they have to score points. I think the Packers have very good offense and ST's, so the Pack should be in it, but if the Packers are healthy, I think they are the favorite for this game. Because of the injuries, I think the Cowboys win by 7.

Scott Campbell
11-24-2007, 09:28 AM
A 2 game lead with 4 to play. In other words, the winner clinches home field for all practical purposes.

I'd call that a big game.

RashanGary
11-24-2007, 09:32 AM
If just Woodson isn't in, I'm not freaking out. Crayton isn't going to kill us, even if Tramon Williams and Jarred Bush are covering him.

If KGB is out, I'm more worried. KGB makes our pass rush hard to stop. Nobody is talking about KGB, but losing him means all the oppsoing offense has to do is double kamp and chip Williams and Romo will be able to stand back there all day. Having a 3rd pass rusher made it almost impossible to block. Then combine it with Woodson being out and it could get very ugly.

Jolly is out, and he's the other one that really hurts our defense. Ever since Williams hsa been starting, teams have ran the football down our throat. Jolly was a big part of our stout run D.

Three VERY important members of our defense are out. If the Packers win, they did it under some of the worst possible circumstances.

Bretsky
11-24-2007, 09:50 AM
KGB, Woodson and Jolly being out are very damaging to this defense.

Jolly is VERY stout against the run.

KGB has been getting consistant pass rush in the 4th becuase he's rested and Kamp isn't. KGB is the #2 sack leader in the NFL

Charles Woodson is playing at a probowl level

SO. . . . .

We're missing our starting DT, the other starter has a knee injury and we're missing our #4 DT.

We're missing one of the leagues top pass rushers

We're missing a probowl CB.

All while going up against the NFL's #2 offense. The Cowboys are going to score. The Packers have to win the ST's and they have to score points. I think the Packers have very good offense and ST's, so the Pack should be in it, but if the Packers are healthy, I think they are the favorite for this game. Because of the injuries, I think the Cowboys win by 7.

Corey Williams can do everything Jolly does but IMO is a little bit better

If KGB is out we will really miss him.

Cole was serviceable; Harrell has to play by dafault and it's time for us to expect him to begin earning his paycheck. Situations like this are why we drafted him.

We'll miss Woodson. Guy is a blanket and can lure a QB into turnovers.

I thought Dallas would win by 3 before; if we miss Woodsen and KGB I see that being at least a TD now.

Bretsky
11-24-2007, 09:52 AM
A 2 game lead with 4 to play. In other words, the winner clinches home field for all practical purposes.

This is a huge huge game; make no mistake about the fact that Dallas does NOT want to be coming to Lambeua in the playoffs.

The winner basically has a two game lead with four to go; this is for the home field advantage throughout the NFL playoffs. Huge huge game

Him8123
11-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Very huge game, should be a butt pincher. Nervous as hell, I know it`s gonna be a long mon-thur week before that game comes on. But you know what guys even if we lose this game, which would suck. I still like to sit back and say you know what? We are 10-1 right now and being mentioned in Super Bowl aspiration talks. How freakin awesome is that? Especially after the last couple of years we have had to endure as fans. So this season has been somewhat suprising and really fun. Kinda weird how it flies by alot faster when your winning. Anyways Go Pack I hope and pray we win this game. And please God no more injuries.

RashanGary
11-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Corey Williams can do everything Jolly does but IMO is a little bit better

I'd believe you except when Jolly went out, Carolina ran it down Williams throat and then the Lions ran it down his throat last week. This team was very hard to run against until Williams became the starter. I think the Cowboys will do the same.

RashanGary
11-24-2007, 10:34 AM
I think Williams is similar to KGB at DT. He's a fine pass rusher, but you are going to be much better off having a stouter player starting.

Scott Campbell
11-24-2007, 10:54 AM

This is a huge huge game; make no mistake about the fact that Dallas does NOT want to be coming to Lambeua in the playoffs.

The winner basically has a two game lead with four to go; this is for the home field advantage throughout the NFL playoffs. Huge huge game

Hell yeah it's a big game. These two teams are neck and neck right now, but the winner will get labled as the front runner, and is the likely NFC representative in the Superbowl. Though it won't be a done deal, it will be highly probable.

Bretsky
11-24-2007, 11:31 AM
I think Williams is similar to KGB at DT. He's a fine pass rusher, but you are going to be much better off having a stouter player starting.

I think you underestimate Williams as a run stopper; he does get himself in trouble at times working upfield....aka...jumping the wrong hole when getting penetration from what I've seen.

Either way by necessity I hope JH starts earning his stay this coming week

GrnBay007
11-24-2007, 11:44 AM

Funny that you mention Dallas not wanting to come to Lambeau for the playoffs. I was snooping around one of the Cowboy forums and had to laugh when I read this one:

I was thinking earlier today that even if we lose and have to play in Green Bay in the playoffs, we should still be ok. Romo grew up there and played college in that cold environment. We're big and physical and better suited for cold weather football than Green Bay. Finally, we are a very, very good road team and won't be awe-struck at Lambeau Field.

Better suited for cold weather football than Green Bay??? LOL

They have MANY threads about the Packer game there.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104060

RashanGary
11-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I think if the Packers win, on the road with the injuries they have, it will mean more than if Dallas wins. If Dallas wins, there is a chance GB is healthy in the playoffs and knocks them off. If GB wins, they are the better team even when they are missing 3 of their top 11 defenders.

Bretsky
11-24-2007, 12:00 PM
[quote=Scott Campbell]A 2 game lead with 4 to play. In other words, the winner clinches home field for all practical purposes.

Funny that you mention Dallas not wanting to come to Lambeau for the playoffs. I was snooping around one of the Cowboy forums and had to laugh when I read this one:

I was thinking earlier today that even if we lose and have to play in Green Bay in the playoffs, we should still be ok. Romo grew up there and played college in that cold environment. We're big and physical and better suited for cold weather football than Green Bay. Finally, we are a very, very good road team and won't be awe-struck at Lambeau Field.

Better suited for cold weather football than Green Bay??? LOL

They have MANY threads about the Packer game there.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104060[/quote
]

MY FAVORITE

When GB goes 5 wide?
What do we do? We don't have 5 corners on the active roster. Are we gonna get toated all day long? I don't mean to be chicken little but we don't match up well with GB's receivers at all. :scared:

Bretsky
11-24-2007, 12:02 PM
I think if the Packers win, on the road with the injuries they have, it will mean more than if Dallas wins. If Dallas wins, there is a chance GB is healthy in the playoffs and knocks them off. If GB wins, they are the better team even when they are missing 3 of their top 11 defenders.

I'm not sure if it's been confirmed that Woodsen and KGB are out.

packers11
11-24-2007, 12:06 PM
I have a feeling Woodson will play (his contract has a lot of incentives) :lol:

GrnBay007
11-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Funny thread title:

UnHoly Packer Love Batman!!!

The world is picking the Pack to beat us, go vote!!!

MadtownPacker
11-24-2007, 12:10 PM
I think KGB is the worse loss. Romo is very good throwing on the run and scrambles alot. The D needs someone that can chase him down. Kampman will take care of his side.

GrnBay007
11-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Packers-Cowboys a prelude to NFC title game
Vic Carucci NFL.com

The Nov. 29 clash between the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers is as much about NFL superiority as it is about determining the best team in the NFC.

In fact, when the final gun sounds, the bigger question than "Which team is better?" is "Which team has a better chance of beating the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII?"

Sure, we're making a lot of presumptions here, but that's what we do.

The Cowboys already have had one crack at the Patriots, and it didn't work out so well. Their 48-27 loss to New England on Oct. 14 certainly offered no indication that they would make a worthy NFC representative in the Super Bowl … presuming the Pats are the opponent.

However, if they were to beat the Packers, many of us would likely be quick to declare that the Cowboys might actually have what it takes to at least be competitive with the Patriots after all.

What exactly will have changed in the six games that will have been played since New England's thumping of the Cowboys?

Not much, although the perception of the Cowboys will be vastly different. They will have gone on a six-game winning streak. And they will have knocked off the next-best team on their schedule.

The Cowboys also would be viewed as a team capable of keeping its focus. They demonstrated as much by not allowing themselves to drop their collective guard against the lowly Jets on Thanksgiving Day. And to do so on a short week of preparation is even more impressive.

With 29 touchdown passes, Tony Romo has enhanced his standing as one of the very best quarterbacks in the league. Terrell Owens has reinvented himself as a team-oriented player who, with his mind on football rather than issues that once made him a perpetual distraction, is a consistent playmaker. Wade Phillips is proving that, not only is his defensive expertise making the Cowboys a better team on that side of the ball, but he has every bit of what it takes to be a successful head coach in the NFL.

The Packers didn't drop their guard on Thanksgiving Day, either. They had an easier time against the Detroit Lions than the 37-26 victory indicated. When the Lions did stage a late surge, the Packers were quick to deliver a knockout blow.

A Green Bay win over Dallas would, of course, establish the Packers as a formidable NFC representative in the Super Bowl.

And the perception would be that the Packers are more dangerous because they present the element of being somewhat of an unknown. That's because they do not face the Patriots this season, and because they have surprised the entire NFL with their dominance. They are the feel-good story of 2007, with the ever-popular Brett Favre surrounded by plenty of youth and with a bright, up-and-coming coach in Mike McCarthy.

Both teams seemingly have enough offense to hang with the No. 1 offense in the NFL, even if it clearly didn't help the Cowboys in October. Both teams seemingly have a good enough defense to at least contain (okay, maybe that's a reach) New England's unstoppable passing attack, even if it clearly didn't help Dallas in Week 6.

The Cowboys no longer have the perceived edge over Green Bay in the running game. The Packers have found an excellent ground attack with Ryan Grant, whose explosiveness in the open field gives opposing defenses something else to think about other than Favre's arm.

I think the Dallas-Green Bay game, like the Week 9 showdown between the Patriots and Colts, will live up to every bit of the hype. But unlike Game of the Century I, Game of the Century II will be a shootout. This will be a game largely determined by the respective arms of Romo and Favre because both defenses have holes that can and will be exploited through the air.

The bottom line: On talent and coaching, the Cowboys and Packers both have all that we could possibly want in a Super Bowl team.

After Nov. 29, most of us will be talking about only one of them as the likely opponent for the Patriots.

cpk1994
11-24-2007, 01:01 PM

I'm not sure if it's been confirmed that Woodsen and KGB are out.

No, they have not been ruled out yet, which is why some of these posts are ludicrous talking about missing players when their status isn't even decided.

Him8123
11-24-2007, 01:24 PM
i was reading some of the cowboys posts on cowboyzone.com they are idiots. really really dumb. Nice quote for them to say the 5 reciever set is the only reason we are 10-1. Lmao. or how newsome is better than Harris. They smoke crack over there.

RashanGary
11-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Jolly is out. Ever since he's been out, teams have been running it at will. I'm sure Barber and Jones will be the next duo to punch it down Williams throat (similar to when KGB started at end) and Justin Harrell is not going to do what Jolly did. There is a reason he hasn't played. Because he's not good enough.

KGB's leg looked like it was made of puddy. It got all mangled and twisted. I'd be suprised if he plays after that.

Woodson might be back, but if you can't stop the run or pressure the passer, I don't really think it means all that much. On top of that, torn toe tissue typically takes 4-6 weeks to heal. If he doesn't stay off it, it will slow him all year. Is it really worth marching Woodson out there for a slightly better chance to win one regular season game. There is just enough time to heal him and have him healthy for the playoffs. Why risk that? Same goes with KGB really. If he needs 2-3 weeks, just give it to him.

The Cowboys are going to be able to move the ball at will and it will only get worse as the game wears on. The only way we win this game is if Favre has a perfect game, we win the turn over battle by at least 2 and our ST's plays lights out. We are not going to be able to count on our defense. On top of that, we are playing game two of a brutal road trip and Dallas is in game 3 of their home stand. Everything aligned against the Packers for this one.

I don't think it's time to panic if they lose. I think it's expected, but I still have hope that the Packers can have a late healthy run that gets them to the SB. If we had Jolly and KGB, I'd favor the Packers. Without them, I favor the Cowboys.

Partial
11-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Jolly is out. Ever since he's been out, teams have been running it at will.

I don't consider one game adequate time to make a statement as such.

I'm sure Barber and Jones will be the next duo to punch it down Williams throat (similar to when KGB started at end) and Justin Harrell is not going to do what Jolly did. There is a reason he hasn't played. Because he's not good enough.

Just like Jolly isn't good enough because he didn't play last year?

BallHawk
11-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Cowboy fans are convinced that they can stop the 5 WR set and that their WRs can make big plays against us.

Guess we'll have to see what happens. :twisted:

RashanGary
11-24-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't consider one game adequate time to make a statement as such.

Acctually, as soon as Jolly went out Carolina started shoving it down our throats as well so really it has been happening since Williams took over on run downs.

Just like Jolly isn't good enough because he didn't play last year?

Right, Jolly wasn't good enough last year. I dont' know how you think Harrell improving next year is going to help in Dallas.

GrnBay007
11-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Cowboy fans are convinced that they can stop the 5 WR set and that their WRs can make big plays against us.

Are they forgetting we have.....

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace07/PredatorAl31X.gif

:P

Him8123
11-24-2007, 07:19 PM
I hope we kick their ass and shut them up

b bulldog
11-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Boy Nick, your really whining about the injuries. Did feel sorry for the Broncos when their starting RB was out and Walker? I guess since we beat them in OT a healthy Broncos team is better than us. What about the Smith injury for Carolina, I can go on and on. Injury is part of this game, you play with what you have. We've lucked out in games because of our opponents injury and now our mettle will be tested. What goes around comes around. I bet Woodson and KGB both play against Dallas.

RashanGary
11-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Boy Nick, your really whining about the injuries. Did feel sorry for the Broncos when their starting RB was out and Walker? I guess since we beat them in OT a healthy Broncos team is better than us. What about the Smith injury for Carolina, I can go on and on. Injury is part of this game, you play with what you have. We've lucked out in games because of our opponents injury and now our mettle will be tested. What goes around comes around. I bet Woodson and KGB both play against Dallas.

Yeah, it happens. The Colts went through a rough stretch with theirs. Denver had their turn. Now it's GB's. I still think the Pack have a chance. I hope KGB and Chuck play, but even if they don't, the Packers have a shot at winning this. I just think the Cowboys are the favorites now.

oregonpackfan
11-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Though I reservedly predict a Cowboys win, I am well aware of the adage "On Any Given Sunday" certainly has to apply.

One admirable quality of this team(among many) is the unflappable "Spunk" this team shows during adversity. A case in point took place early in the Detroit game. After Favre had the handoff fumble to Grant and the Lions went up 6-0, the team could have gone into the panic mode.

Did they get desperate? No way! Let by the "Spunky" attitude of Favre, they came right back and took control of the game with a 14-6 lead.

If they pull off this upset of the Cowboys(and yes, I would love to be wrong with my Cowboy victory prediction), their plucky mindset from McCarthy on down will be the deciding factor.