PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cole - Broken Arm

gbpackfan
11-22-2007, 04:51 PM
JSONLINE is reporting that Colin Cole has fractured his left forearm. He is probably done for the year.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/11/22/packers-37-lions-26-final.aspx

Badgerinmaine
11-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Dang--and right after getting a chance to play after being on the practice squad. Ouch.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 05:01 PM
He was just on the inactives list. He wasn't on the P squad. Good thing we never traded some of our Dline talent.

Jimx29
11-22-2007, 05:08 PM
wrastlers play with casts on all the time :?

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Damn, it's down to Pickett, Williams, Harrell and Muir.

From glut to deficiancy just like that.

Badgerinmaine
11-22-2007, 05:32 PM
My bad--you're right, Bulldog.

ny10804
11-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Let's see what you got Mr. Harrell.

Lurker64
11-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Damn, it's down to Pickett, Williams, Harrell and Muir.

From glut to deficiancy just like that.

Isn't four DTs what most NFL teams start the season with on their roster? Don't forget that Jenkins can also play DT in a pinch. I don't think that we're in serious trouble, assuming Muir and Harrell aren't wholly incompetent.

Looking at some Rosters, Dallas has 3 DTs, Minnesota has 4, Tampa Bay has 3, Arizona has 4, Washington has 5, Kansas City has 5, San Diego has 3, etc.

I don't think 4 is an unusual deficiency in this league. It just means that instead of a position of depth, we have 3 good players who can play the position and 2 unknown guys.

Brohm
11-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Montgomery was back on the field as well this week. In training camp he was coming on before his injury. At the least, we can Jenkins filling in more as a DT with Montgomery subbing at the DE positions. Damn, once again that is some nice depth! (get Williams done plug)

OS PA
11-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Montgomery was back on the field as well this week. In training camp he was coming on before his injury. At the least, we can Jenkins filling in more as a DT with Montgomery subbing at the DE positions. Damn, once again that is some nice depth! (get Williams done plug)

Jason Hunter has appeared all over the field the past two weeks, he had key blocks on the returns last week, and had a big pressure on Kitna this week, plus the guy is HUGE, I'd like to see more of him at DE as well.

oregonpackfan
11-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Depending on the severity of the fracture, he might be back in time for the playoffs. :(

Lurker64
11-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Depending on the severity of the fracture, he might be back in time for the playoffs. :(

If Jolly and Cole are back in time for the playoffs we should be fine. Right now we're in a position that if we win out (or nearly so) we get home field advantage, but otherwise we only need to win a game or two to get a first round bye.

The game against Dallas that matters is the one that happens in January (if it does happen), after all. This one's just a prelude.

Merlin
11-23-2007, 03:17 AM
Not sure if he wants to go playing with a fractured arm. a wrist can be immobilized but your arm is a little different. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the roster but not activated pending the playoffs. If it isn't too bad then he could heal quick and be back by the end of the season.