PDA

View Full Version : Amen

The Shadow
11-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Of course, the irony here is that Favre didn't really believe this team could be this good when the season started. He spent the offseason fuming about the Packers' decision to not trade for Randy Moss. He wondered why running back Ahman Green wasn't re-signed when the backfield lacked another proven runner. Even when Favre talked about skipping a May mini-camp that he later attended, he gave the impression he was miffed at management for not surrounding him with better players.

It's clear now that Favre sees the vision that general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy had for a team that won 12 games the previous two years.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Amen!

FritzDontBlitz
11-22-2007, 06:36 PM
HUH?

Harlan Huckleby
11-22-2007, 06:47 PM
HUH?

Shadow is the ultimate company man. And this time he's letting Favre have it for having his own opinion. Es ist verbotten.

Freak Out
11-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Is Nosferatu becoming a preacher?

The Shadow
11-22-2007, 07:46 PM
And hark! I say unto thou:
Heed the testimony of thine own eyes!

FritzDontBlitz
11-22-2007, 08:48 PM
And hark! I say unto thou:
Heed the testimony of thine own eyes!

Other than being the latest installment of "Nitpicking 101" I fail to see the point in this thread....

MadtownPacker
11-22-2007, 10:57 PM
I think Shadow is suppose to start off rubbing something in our faces and at the end of the thread he breaks down and recalls all the times he called for Favre to retire.

Nah, he is too old to remember that. 2005 was a long time ago. :)

Merlin
11-23-2007, 03:15 AM
Of course, the irony here is that Favre didn't really believe this team could be this good when the season started. He spent the offseason fuming about the Packers' decision to not trade for Randy Moss. He wondered why running back Ahman Green wasn't re-signed when the backfield lacked another proven runner. Even when Favre talked about skipping a May mini-camp that he later attended, he gave the impression he was miffed at management for not surrounding him with better players.

It's clear now that Favre sees the vision that general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy had for a team that won 12 games the previous two years.

Meh, you have that a little twisted I am afraid. Ted Thompson tried to get Favre to retire only to have Favre catch fire. Those WR's respect the hell out of him and are hanging on his every word. McCarthy is playing to the strength's the team has right now as any good coach should. The spread offense is not the WCO and it sure as hell wasn't McCarthy or Thompson's vision for this team. So which is it? Favre buying into the WCO and ZBS or McCarthy letting him play the game and Thompson scratching his head?

Tarlam!
11-23-2007, 03:24 AM
1. Ted Thompson tried to get Favre to retire only to have Favre catch fire.
2. The spread offense is not the WCO and it sure as hell wasn't McCarthy or Thompson's vision for this team.
3. So which is it? Favre buying into the WCO and ZBS or McCarthy letting him play the game and Thompson scratching his head?

I regrouped your quote, Merlin, to address your points.

1. You know this, how exactly?
2. The WCO uses short passes, that we actually tend towards. Please explain how spreading the defense negates the short routes.
3. It is clear to me, Favre has bought into whatever M3 is selling. I seriously doubt TT is scratching his head, except maybe that he sees his vision succeeding a season or two earlier than he expected.

Badgerinmaine
11-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Um, Shadow...you wouldn't have cribbed this from Jeffri Chadiha's column on ESPN.com without giving credit, would you?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3123660
He said,

It's clear now that Favre sees the vision that general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy had for a team that won 12 games the previous two years. He also is glad that his teammates understood his frustrations.

Mind you, I don't disagree with the statements above about Favre. I just am too much of a college professor not to want people to cite sources.

PackerTimer
11-23-2007, 07:55 AM

Meh, you have that a little twisted I am afraid. Ted Thompson tried to get Favre to retire only to have Favre catch fire. Those WR's respect the hell out of him and are hanging on his every word. McCarthy is playing to the strength's the team has right now as any good coach should. The spread offense is not the WCO and it sure as hell wasn't McCarthy or Thompson's vision for this team. So which is it? Favre buying into the WCO and ZBS or McCarthy letting him play the game and Thompson scratching his head?

Certainly hard to find things to complain about and stick to your agenda, huh? I guess you can always fall back on the old TT was really trying to get Farve to retire, Farve didn't, and I guess the Packers are now winning despite TT schtick. Lame.

LaFours
11-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Um, Shadow...you wouldn't have cribbed this from Jeffri Chadiha's column on ESPN.com without giving credit, would you?
He said,

It's clear now that Favre sees the vision that general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy had for a team that won 12 games the previous two years. He also is glad that his teammates understood his frustrations.

Mind you, I don't disagree with the statements above about Favre. I just am too much of a college professor not to want people to cite sources.

Maybe the Shadow is Jeffri Chadiha...

FritzDontBlitz
11-23-2007, 09:33 AM
He said,

Thanks for at least cleaning it up....

The Shadow
11-23-2007, 11:07 AM
He said,

.................................................. ...........................................

Oh yes, most definitely I did crib this. Never meant to not assign credit - just 3 problems : 1. I am hopelessly computer illiterate and am not sure how to take just part of an article & still keep the writer's name.
2. I always assume every poster reads everything that comes out on the Pack, and would already be familiar with that piece. 3. The article ws not full of run-on sentences and fragments, so posters would automatically know it wasn't a true Shadow production.

esoxx
11-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Busted! :lol:

FritzDontBlitz
11-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I just read the article on ESPN. Not bad, actually....

CaliforniaCheez
11-23-2007, 01:26 PM
I challenge anyone to find a direct quote of Brett Favre angry at the Packers this off season.

Much of last off season was a lot of fiction, including Jay Glazer's story of Brett wanting a trade.

Many things were made up. Be careful what you read if there is no direct quote of Brett. Who knows who "a source close to situation" is.

I find the lack of faith in Brett, disturbing.

BallHawk
11-23-2007, 01:54 PM

Or maybe the Shadow is TopHat.....

:wink:

LaFours
11-23-2007, 02:27 PM

Or maybe the Shadow is TopHat.....

:wink:

Let's be fair. Shadow is legendary, but not that legendary.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 02:34 PM
He said,

.................................................. ...........................................

Oh yes, most definitely I did crib this. Never meant to not assign credit - just 3 problems : 1. I am hopelessly computer illiterate and am not sure how to take just part of an article & still keep the writer's name.
2. I always assume every poster reads everything that comes out on the Pack, and would already be familiar with that piece. 3. The article ws not full of run-on sentences and fragments, so posters would automatically know it wasn't a true Shadow production.

1. Even the computer illiterate know how to simply type, "i got must of this from chdiha.
2. Yep, we all spend days scouring the net for articles. Yeesh. I guess that is the reason people post whole articles here or links.
3. I knew it was you. But, i have a phd in linguistics and can easily parse each and every packerrat poster.

Badgerinmaine
11-23-2007, 07:28 PM
3. The article ws not full of run-on sentences and fragments, so posters would automatically know it wasn't a true Shadow production.
Or, for that matter, by any of my students
:mrgreen:
Good comeback.