PDA

View Full Version : Injury update

packers11
11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
RT Mark Tauscher left with his sprained ankle. Tauscher said he actually felt better later in the game, but the big lead allowed them to get him some rest and play Tony Moll. He said he'll play against the Cowboys;

DT Colin Cole left late with fractured left forearm. He's probably out for a while unless he can play in a lot of pain. He couldn't even put his shirt on all the way. He didn't look happy;

WR Donald Driver has a right foot injury and was limping around pretty good in the locker room. He's in a lot of pain but says he's fine. He'll be there on Thursday;

S Aaron Rouse left with a knee injury, not just to give Charlie Peprah. Not sure of Rouse's injury quite yet, but he looked fine in the locker room and was in good spirits;

CB Charles Woodson (toe) was in the locker room. Here's what Woodson had to say after the game: "It’s not broken, but it hurts,” he said. "It’s my big toe on my right foot. I did the same thing on my other foot once in Oakland.” Woodson said it was too early to tell whether he could play against Dallas;

DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila was not in the locker room. We're waiting to hear on him.

Harlan Huckleby
11-22-2007, 06:17 PM
that's a lot of injuries.

b bulldog
11-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Every team has lots of injuries at this time of the year.

lod01
11-22-2007, 06:26 PM
The Driver injury should never have happened. Keep them out of harm's way with the 3-5 wide. He got hurt in the play where they lined him up close to the OL. Did not like that. That's how you get a play maker hurt.

gbpackfan
11-22-2007, 06:51 PM
The Driver injury should never have happened. Keep them out of harm's way with the 3-5 wide. He got hurt in the play where they lined him up close to the OL. Did not like that. That's how you get a play maker hurt.

Come on man. Are you serious? He was blocking down field and got rolled up on. He plays the slot and that's going to happen from time to time. It's football.

packers11
11-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Woodson's doesn't sound to serious... The only other one i'm worried about is KGB...

Hopefully Harrell can shine with his opportunity to start next week... but I hope Jolly gets back soon, its good to have depth so the packers can rotate them frequently and keep them fresh...

Brandon494
11-22-2007, 08:05 PM
We got the win but damn thats a lot of injuries.

The Leaper
11-22-2007, 08:43 PM

I didn't like it because we needed to keep the boot on Detroit's throat. Running twice to eat clock was futile...Favre was completing EVERY DAMN PASS with a 5 WR set. Why stop using that at that point?

The Leaper
11-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Woodson's doesn't sound to serious... The only other one i'm worried about is KGB...

Sounds like turf toe to me...that's plenty serious for a CB.

packers11
11-22-2007, 09:03 PM
UPDATE:

Turns out KGB was in the locker room for a bit. Here's what he said, courtesy of colleague Ricky Braun: "I think everything’s going to be OK. It’s nothing serious. It should be OK with just a little rehab and ice and a lot of prayer. (Is it a sprain or what?) We don’t really know what it is, but whatever it is it’s nothing that the good Lord can’t take care of. I don’t know what it is. I wish I could tell you." (What happened on the play?) I was going after the quarterback and I think somebody hit me from behind and I felt my ankle, my knee. But it’s something that I feel like it’ll go away. It was just really sore to try to go back out there."

Woodson said it was too early to tell whether he could play against Dallas;

Deputy Nutz
11-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Injuries happen, and a big reason why the Packers have done well is because they have had very few injuries across the board.

The NFL really needs to make sure that teams are not playing on three days rest. That is really ridiculous, no wonder the Packers have four or five guys semi-seriously banged up. Stupid scheduling.

RashanGary
11-22-2007, 09:45 PM
My guess is neither Woodson or KGB play. Woodson is a gamer. He would have came back if it was OK. KGB had some serious gumby leg going on, on that play. It looked similar to the play that knocked Jennings out last year.

I would go in with whoever is healthy against Dallas. If we're missing our best edge rusher and our best CB, it will hurt, but there are playoff games ot be played in a couple months. Get these guys healthy, don't let it linger like they did with Jennings last year. I want to see a W in Dallas, but I don't want to risk the long term health of this team. There are more important games to be played and they should be able to clean up on the gravy end of the schedule to give us a bye.

MadtownPacker
11-22-2007, 11:12 PM
I dont feel too worried about Woodson because I think TO is gonna get his yards no matter who is covering him. It is what witten and crayton do that is the concern. If the young guys can keep the score reasonable I think the O can put up more then enough points on the dallas D. They look like shit to me. Their DL wont have enough time to get to Favre.

BallHawk
11-22-2007, 11:23 PM
My guess is neither Woodson or KGB play. Woodson is a gamer. He would have came back if it was OK.

If your the coach, why do you put Woodson back in? Tramon was doing pretty well in coverage and at the point he would of been available to come up the Packers were winning by a good margin. Woodson is a gamer, yes, but he's not stupid. He knows when to play and when not to.

oregonpackfan
11-22-2007, 11:54 PM
[quote="Deputy Nutz"

The NFL really needs to make sure that teams are not playing on three days rest. That is really ridiculous, no wonder the Packers have four or five guys semi-seriously banged up. Stupid scheduling.[/quote]

I agree with you, Nutz. If it is any consolation to you, I know that Lombardi hated having his team play on Thanksgiving as well.

OS PA
11-22-2007, 11:57 PM
[quote="Deputy Nutz"

The NFL really needs to make sure that teams are not playing on three days rest. That is really ridiculous, no wonder the Packers have four or five guys semi-seriously banged up. Stupid scheduling.

I agree with you, Nutz. If it is any consolation to you, I know that Lombardi hated having his team play on Thanksgiving as well.[/quote]

Another shitty thing that the NFL did was this. When we play Dallas it will be their third consecutive home game. They are coming off of a non-division, non-conference pushover of a home game. We're coming off of a division-rival that hates us away game. How the hell did Dallas manage to get such a cushy schedule with three consecutive home games.

LaFours
11-23-2007, 08:40 AM
My guess is neither Woodson or KGB play. Woodson is a gamer. He would have came back if it was OK. KGB had some serious gumby leg going on, on that play. It looked similar to the play that knocked Jennings out last year.

I would go in with whoever is healthy against Dallas. If we're missing our best edge rusher and our best CB, it will hurt, but there are playoff games ot be played in a couple months. Get these guys healthy, don't let it linger like they did with Jennings last year. I want to see a W in Dallas, but I don't want to risk the long term health of this team. There are more important games to be played and they should be able to clean up on the gravy end of the schedule to give us a bye.

Plus doesn't Chuck have some loot riding on being active for each game?

FritzDontBlitz
11-23-2007, 09:30 AM
"It's not broken but it hurts," Woodson said. "It's my big toe on my right foot. I did the same thing on my other foot in Oakland. I was trying to make a play. I just came down wrong and it takes you out of a game."

Woodson said he never missed a game for the Raiders with his damaged left big toe.

"I shot it up," he said. "Hopefully, I won't have to take that route. We'll see tomorrow and take it from there."

FritzDontBlitz
11-23-2007, 10:04 AM
This might sound like a pointless question to some, but what's the status on Bubba's knee? I know we have Donald Lee as the deep threat at tight end, but he usually seems to disappear in the red zone for some reason. Lee seems more suited to scoring from outside the 20. Bubba is the better blocker - which may not be saying much to some, but it creates more possibilities in the short yardage passing game. It also adds the two tight end sets to the extensive arsenal M3 and Brett already have.

We may seem to be flying high for now, but I hope Bubba is ready come playoff time because the Packers will need every weapon they can muster to make a run for the trophy...

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Another shitty thing that the NFL did was this. When we play Dallas it will be their third consecutive home game. They are coming off of a non-division, non-conference pushover of a home game. We're coming off of a division-rival that hates us away game. How the hell did Dallas manage to get such a cushy schedule with three consecutive home games.

Memories of the 1990's when it seemed like the Packers were always down in Dallas.

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2007, 11:38 AM

they should schedule the bye week for the Thanksgiving teams the previous week. That's doable.

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 11:39 AM
That actually makes sense...

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2007, 11:41 AM
don't sound so surprised.

Freak Out
11-23-2007, 11:46 AM
I dont feel too worried about Woodson because I think TO is gonna get his yards no matter who is covering him. It is what witten and crayton do that is the concern. If the young guys can keep the score reasonable I think the O can put up more then enough points on the dallas D. They look like shit to me. Their DL wont have enough time to get to Favre.

Harris is going to take TO...and I think Harris is going to get at TO and cause him to drop a few, That is going to be a great match up.

packers11
11-23-2007, 11:51 AM
yea but since Harris will be covering T.O...

The packers need a force like Woodson to shut down Crayton, so the defense can concentrate on WITTEN...

Lurker64
11-23-2007, 11:52 AM

they should schedule the bye week for the Thanksgiving teams the previous week. That's doable.

The problem is that for some stupid reason the NFL schedules a bunch of Thursday night games late in the season. Since there are no week 14 byes, they'd need to stop Thursday night games.

4and12to12and4
11-24-2007, 10:48 AM
If Woodson isn't close to 100% or doesn't play at all, we had better get a lot of pressure on Romo and not let him roam all over the place. One problem is that the Jolly injury bothers me the most. He was dominating and pushing the pocket up the middle and the QB can't run outside when he collapses the pocket cuz Kampman and KGB are right there waiting. With KGB AND Jolly out and Woodson playing hurt or not playing, it really puts pressure on guys like Montgomery, Hunter, Harrell, and Bush, not to mention, who's starting at safety. I hope these guys get healthy quick, look at what happened to the Bears and Colts with a few key injuries. Detroit was passing the ball all over the place in the fourth quarter, and if our offense didn't have a nice clock-burning drive there at the end of the game, may have actually came back when all our "second-stringers" were in there replacing the injured.

Scott Campbell
11-24-2007, 10:50 AM
We still have a fighting chance thanks to our DL depth.

CaptainKickass
11-24-2007, 11:46 AM
they'd need to stop Thursday night games.

I have no problems with this. WTF were thy thinking when they started this anyway?

Thursday games are their way of "expanding the market" and a ton of other corporate speak - basically it dilutes the market and as we've seen screws home town viewers out of their traditionally free broadcast.

But - I'll still be watching it because I am a fan.