PDA

View Full Version : No "Winners and Losers"

Deputy Nutz
11-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Sorry guys, I only listened to the game on the radio and my DVR let me down.

If anyone would care to post their thoughts be my guest.

]{ilr]3
11-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Sorry guys, I only listened to the game on the radio and my DVR let me down.

If anyone would care to post their thoughts be my guest.

Winners

Offensive Line: Except for tripping Favre that resulted in a fumble and turnover on the 1st play of the game I thought the O-line played very well today. No sacks and the running game is still running.

Ryan Grant: Running hard with some nice cuts to pick up big yards. He is getting caught from behind, but protecting the ball. Anouther 100 yards rushing!

Donald Driver: nearly 150 yards recieving. Man does this guy put himself on the line for the team. Mr Extra yards after the catch also took some huge hits. Put himself on the line blocking and came up injured. Lets hope his injury is not serious

Tramon Williams: After last weeks return for TD, anouther great performance on ST catching opponent from behind to prevent a long return for TD which the Defense then held the Lions for a FG.

Aaron Kampman: Making up for lost sacks from last week by getting 2 more today!

I really like this team! Even with the current injuries the way this team can play on the road I feel gives them a serious shot at getting a win next week in Dallas.

oregonpackfan
11-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Brett Favre HAS to be considered the biggest winner! He passed incredibly well breaking a team record with 20 consecutive completions. He completed passes to all of his five wide receivers along with passes to Grant and Lee.

I don't know what his final passer rating was but I would estimate it was close to 125.

cheesner
11-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Winners:

Aaron Rouse: Another great day, looks to be a great player in the making.

Greg Jennings. Favre and he are developing great chemistry.

James Jones: Had a better day than CJ, the #2 overall pick. Had to be a very satisfying day for him.

To add on:

Also Donald Driver, I believe he is the best I have ever seen at making a move after the catch. His first juke is strong, quick, and he appears to have eyes in the back of his head.

Kampman made some great plays. Several times he drove back the OT who looked like he had a good 70 lbs on Aaron. He absolutely bent the guy over on one play, made him look like a doll.

superfan
11-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Winners 1 and 1a are Favre and Driver.

Favre set several more records today (team consecutive completions with 20, most career games with 3 TDs passing Marino, and I think there was another one in there too).

Driver was unbelievable, fought for every yard he got. He took a helmet to helmet shot while fighting for extra yards, and a couple plays later made a ridiculous catch in blanket coverage. Late in the game he gets injured, and comes back in and guts out a key first down. Several good receivers on the field in this game (Jennings, Williams, Johnson) and Driver was clearly the best.

Losers - Jarrett Bush. He had a couple decent passes defensed, but blew the block on Woodson's long punt return, negating a probable TD and resulting in Woodson's injury. Also interfered with Bigby on what should have been an easy interception for Atari.

HarveyWallbangers
11-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Winners:

He had another interception, so that is good. He also made a horrible play early on a run play that gave Jones about 20-25 extra yards. I thought his coverage would be poor, and his run support would be good. It seems the opposite may be true. Other than that, I didn't notice him much. I consider that a good thing, so thumbs up to him.

pack4to84
11-23-2007, 05:31 AM
Winners:

He had another interception, so that is good. He also made a horrible play early on a run play that gave Jones about 20-25 extra yards. I thought his coverage would be poor, and his run support would be good. It seems the opposite may be true. Other than that, I didn't notice him much. I consider that a good thing, so thumbs up to him. Rouse had the game changing play of the game. Lions had just kicked there second field goal taking a 6 to nothing lead. Then the Lions force another 3 and out. Packers D finally force a 3 and out. Woodson returns the punt 35 yards to the Lions 42, but the Lions forced a 3 and out again. Setting up the Rouse game changing play. Kitna through over the middle where Rouse maneuvered his body so he wouldnt get a flag and still picked it off returning it to the 11 yard line. One play later its 7-6 after the Lions had the ball for 12min in the first quarter to have the Packers score with 4 seconds into the 2nd quarter.
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/nov07/play22.jpg

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 08:35 AM
I'd say Rouse goes in winners, but the one that goes in losers that we haven't discussed is Daryn Colledge. Yes, he did ok keeping Brett's jersey clean, but stepped on his heel causing a fumble. If this were the first time he did it, I'd say shit happens, but it's happened a few times this year already.

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Rouse had the game changing play of the game. ... Rouse maneuvered his body so he wouldnt get a flag and still picked it off returning it to the 11 yard line.

Most impressive interception I've seen by a packer in years.

Brohm
11-23-2007, 01:01 PM
I'd say Rouse goes in winners, but the one that goes in losers that we haven't discussed is Daryn Colledge. Yes, he did ok keeping Brett's jersey clean, but stepped on his heel causing a fumble. If this were the first time he did it, I'd say shit happens, but it's happened a few times this year already.

Brett took the blame on that play, he said he needs to get out of there faster.

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 01:14 PM
You don't think he's gonna throw Colledge under the bus do you? Like I said, the only reason I even brought it up is because it's not the first time this season it's happened.

The Leaper
11-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Winners:

Brett Favre...5th straight game completing over 70% of his passes and made it look way too easy.

All the WRs...Driver and Jennings topped the billing, but Jones, Martin and Robinson also made great individual efforts as well.

OL...Favre barely was touched despite a stretch of almost 20 consecutive pass plays. There were a few faults (tripping Favre, holding on final drive against a 3 man rush and poor effort on final 3rd and 1) but overall the unit played well.

Ryan Grant...Shows tremendous vision and power in the open field, and is still making great quick decisions in the backfield that lead to big gains.

Aaron Kampman...Punched his ticket to Hawaii with a dominant performance before a national viewing audience.

Al Harris...took Roy Williams out of the game completely, to the point of extreme frustration on Williams' part.

Aaron Rouse...continues to take some poor angles in run support, but the INT was a game changing play that we have seen too little of from Collins or Bigby this year considering the strength of our DL.

Losers:

Donald Lee...wasn't heard from all day, but fortunately he wasn't needed either.

Brady Poppinga...on a day when the Lions chose to run the ball from the get-go, he was only credited for 2 tackles and was mostly invisible.

KYPack
11-23-2007, 02:55 PM

Brett took the blame on that play, he said he needs to get out of there faster.

Favre was being a leader. Colledge f ed up. Again. He was manhandled by Shaun Rogers and pushed on his ass so his feet slid into Brett's foot, knocking 4 off his rhythmn.

Brett took the blame for our LG, who is having a poor year. Colledge has improved his pass pro, but still does whiff. He's quick, but there isn't much shove in his game. All I saw him do real well in this game was double on Rogers with Wellsy. And that ain't exactly all we need him to do.

I really looked for Daryn to improve this year. Last year, he started off, well, like a rook. But he steadily improved all year. By season's end, he was a servicable guard. This year? Whoo boy. He started off slow and went backwards. He has regressed and teams take advantage of his weaknesses.

Everyone has pointed out that all OLineman have trouble in their early years. I'm hoping Daryn does get it going, but I'd like to see 'em try to change things up a little.

Coston is the back-up at LG. Now Coston is the kind of guy that you want at RG. RG is usually your slugger and LG is the nimble guys for pulls. I'd like to see 'em use Coston, College and Spitz at those spots. Try Juice at LG and maybe Spitz at LG and keep Juice on the right. Somehow, we've got to get some shove and production out of that spot. right now, Daryn ain't developing, he's a liability.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
You don't think he's gonna throw Colledge under the bus do you? Like I said, the only reason I even brought it up is because it's not the first time this season it's happened.

I think Colledge was getting bull rushed by Shaun Rodgers on that play. Rodgers will make a lot of O-Line guys look awful.

Bretsky
11-23-2007, 04:07 PM

I think Colledge was getting bull rushed by Shaun Rodgers on that play. Rodgers will make a lot of O-Line guys look awful.

especially ones who are struggling too often

KYPack
11-23-2007, 10:33 PM
There is another comment on that first play.

A winner is MM.

On our first play from scrimmage, it shudda been about about 3-5 yard gain by Grant thru the 3 hole. But their best player basically took our LG and rag dolled him into our QB's foot. Result is a fumble that Detroit recovers. We hold for the field goal. Detroit also gets another shot deep in our territory for another 3.

Detroit 6 - 0

We hang in there, make a play and go up 7 -6.

That staying calm and hanging in the game is coaching, folks. And you have to set the tone all year for that to happen in November in Detroit.

MM has done just that, and that boy and his staff is a WINNAH

FritzDontBlitz
11-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Losers - Jarrett Bush. He had a couple decent passes defensed, but blew the block on Woodson's long punt return, negating a probable TD and resulting in Woodson's injury. Also interfered with Bigby on what should have been an easy interception for Atari.

Bush is my loser of the week too, but not for what everyone thinks.

As I've stated in another thread: not only was that an impossible block to make when you're running in one direction and both ballcarrier and defender are running behind you, but AJ Hawk had the perfect angle on the same guy and whiffed on him completely seconds before he got near Bush. No one ever mentions this, but its in the replay.

Also, on the interception everyone claims Bush robbed Bigby of: Bush was the guy (24) standing there waiting for a ball thrown directly to him and Bigby (20) flew in from behind and tried to duck under Bush to make the pick. Even the sportswriters have it the other way around, but if you watch the reply its Bigby's fault not Bush's.

I recorded the entire game so I've watched each play more than once. I will look again to see if there was another pick that him and Bigby competed for, but even if there was I find it strange that Bush gets singled out for something that is common in aggressive defensive play. As I stated in the other thread: the most important thing is neither defender allowed the intended receiver to catch it.

I pick Bush as my loser because no matter how hard the guy plays he still gets blamed or criticized, even for shit that isn't true.

MJZiggy
11-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Please check out the other thread on this topic. Nutz, you can get the game, right? Someone invite Nutz over to watch it just in case--and make sure there's a lot of beer--the good stuff, not Old Milwaukee or anything like that! (you see how I take care of you?)

MadtownPacker
11-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Loser:

Deputy Nutz - He is the BIGGEST LOSER for missing a nationally televised game on T-Day!!

GrnBay007
11-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I think he was out shooting Bambi that day. :cry:

:P

HarveyWallbangers
11-24-2007, 01:24 PM
But their best player basically took our LG and rag dolled him into our QB's foot.

I had a different take. Colledge looked like he was pulling or going to block an inside guy and got out early (or Favre got out late). I don't think it had anything to do with Rogers. At least, that was my recollection. Colledge can get rag dolled, but I don't think that was the problem on that play.

KYPack
11-24-2007, 02:21 PM
But their best player basically took our LG and rag dolled him into our QB's foot.

I had a different take. Colledge looked like he was pulling or going to block an inside guy and got out early (or Favre got out late). I don't think it had anything to do with Rogers. At least, that was my recollection. Colledge can get rag dolled, but I don't think that was the problem on that play.

This one is pretty close to "indisputable"

Watch it again, Rogers bullrushed and tossed Colledge down and in, causing Daryn's foot to hit Brett's foot. Colledge was gonna pull down the line, but never got out. It's pretty clear cut. He might have had the assignment to hook an inside guy, but I think he was gonna fill the 3 hole. He actually pulled pretty quickly, but Rogers nailed him

It was a lucky play for Det, but brute strength will make ya lucky. Soon after, MM went to double teams on Rogers. The guy is a beast. You gotta account for him every play or he'll wreak havoc.

FritzDontBlitz
11-24-2007, 03:43 PM

Watch it again, Rogers bullrushed and tossed Colledge down and in, causing Daryn's foot to hit Brett's foot. Colledge was gonna pull down the line, but never got out. It's pretty clear cut. He might have had the assignment to hook an inside guy, but I think he was gonna fill the 3 hole. He actually pulled pretty quickly, but Rogers nailed him

It was a lucky play for Det, but brute strength will make ya lucky. Soon after, MM went to double teams on Rogers. The guy is a beast. You gotta account for him every play or he'll wreak havoc.

Wrong.

I suggest you watch the replay from behind the running back. Colledge had already stepped on Favre's trailing foot before Rogers ever put any pressure on him. Colledge was trying to execute a backside cutblock, his poor technique caused his feet to get tangled with Brett's. Rogers never really did anything but put his hands on Colledge's back while Colledge was already heading headfirst to the turf. He was not pulling.

Rastak
11-24-2007, 04:21 PM

Yea, that's kinda what I saw. Favre was lucky he didn't get hurt, he sort of swan dived onto the turf and didn't break his fall with his hands.

KYPack
11-24-2007, 06:51 PM

Wrong.

I suggest you watch the replay from behind the running back. Colledge had already stepped on Favre's trailing foot before Rogers ever put any pressure on him. Colledge was trying to execute a backside cutblock, his poor technique caused his feet to get tangled with Brett's. Rogers never really did anything but put his hands on Colledge's back while Colledge was already heading headfirst to the turf. He was not pulling.

I did watch the same replay from behind the running back you did. They have Tivo and that stuff down here, too. College made a jab step with his right foot and turned. His first full stride was with his left foot. He makes the full stride at which point Rogers engages him and pushes him down. College's right foot shoots out and he hits Brett's right foot, starting the trouble.

Was College pulling?

After watching it, I think he was making a pathetic attempt to hook Rogers, who just uses his arms to trash Colledge, but push him down he did to make that play. College has his number on the turf while the play develops. I thought Colldege's assignment might be filling the hole on a pull, but I think he was trying to hook the big guy. Shaun ate him up and makes the contact which makes the play.

Even if Colledge wouldn't have hit Brett's foot, Rogers went right down the line and would've nailed Grant.

So, no, I don't agree.

Joemailman
11-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Loser:

Deputy Nutz - He is the BIGGEST LOSER for missing a nationally televised game on T-Day!!

Does Nutz get NFL Network? :shock:

Rastak
11-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Loser:

Does Nutz get NFL Network? :shock:

It wasn't on NFL network.

Joemailman
11-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm thinking ahead to the Dallas game. :idea:

MJZiggy
11-24-2007, 07:23 PM
That's what I was thinking too, but maybe he can get it locally.

KYPack
11-24-2007, 08:19 PM
That's what I was thinking too, but maybe he can get it locally.

Nutz's DVR screwed him, not the network.

er maybe he had the thing on the wrong channel.

MJZiggy
11-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I know what screwed him last game, I just wanna make sure he can get this one, because most of Wisconsin can't.

Rastak
11-24-2007, 08:36 PM
I know what screwed him last game, I just wanna make sure he can get this one, because most of Wisconsin can't.

Most of Wisconsin hates Directv and Dish?

Deputy Nutz
11-24-2007, 08:40 PM
I got AT&T Cable and they are not like those cheap fucks at TimeWarner!!!

Anyways, I am going over to The Skinbasket's place, and hanging out on his love sack to watch the game.

Rastak
11-24-2007, 08:42 PM
I got AT&T Cable and they are not like those cheap fucks at TimeWarner!!!

Anyways, I am going over to The Skinbasket's place, and hanging out on his love sack to watch the game.

Yikes.....maybe staying at home with the radio might be a better option.....at least consider it. :wink:

The Leaper
11-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Even if Colledge wouldn't have hit Brett's foot, Rogers went right down the line and would've nailed Grant.

I think we can all agree that if Favre is tripped, he should fall on the ball and not attempt an off-balance handoff. That was my problem with the play. I lay the blame for the turnover more on Favre than anyone else.