PDA

View Full Version : Who's Beckham?

MJZiggy
05-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Packers | Beckham scheduled to visit May 25
Sat, 13 May 2006 10:36:04 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports free agent CB Tony Beckham (Titans) is scheduled to visit with the Green Bay Packers May 25. Beckham's agent, Ron Slavin, said the team sounds interested in signing Beckham.

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Tony Beckham came from the University of Wisconsin-Stout. He was a fourth round draft selection of the Titans in 2002.

He wasn't originally from Wisconsin he transfered to Stout from another state.

MJZiggy
05-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks, Nutz. Do you know everyone in the NFL? You have the colleges scouted pretty thoroughly. Does that translate?

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2006, 02:53 PM
I just knew of Beckham because of the Wisconsin connection, but thank you for the compliment.

No Mo Moss
05-13-2006, 03:03 PM
I know Tony, I went to school with him at Stout and partied with him. His family didn't have a lot of money when he was growing up. I'll never forget him after he realized he would be going pro. Imediately Tony was rollin in a Cadillac Escalade. He was a dominate player at Stout. I think he had an OK career with the titans. Hopefully we pick him up.

No Mo Moss
05-13-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't want to hear any "when in doubt go to..." BS either.

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Where was Beckham from? I wanted to say Texas, but I don't think i am right.

MateoInMex
05-13-2006, 05:16 PM

"When in doubt....pull it out!!!!"

That was a motto I believe many young adolescent males lived by when they first started dating....When in doubt, pull it out...just not at the movie theatre. Not highly recommended.

Sharing a bucket of popcorn after sneaking in a small bottle of Cuervo is one thing...but pulling it out right after Doughboy's brother Ricky got shot in the film "Boyz in The Hood" was bad timing.

Obviously now as an adult, I should have waited until the movie came out on video where I would of had a couch or bed readily accesible.

But back then, when you are just starting out...even a handy...whether in public or under the cover of an Adidas jacket, was definatley better than a folded pillow.

Maybe if I did it during another movie, a comedy perhaps, my gesture might have been received like a JET SKI in Cuba.

Yup, I should have made her get up and walk to theatre #12...NOW SHOWING: WHAT ABOUT BOB? (unzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiipppp)

Deputy Nutz
05-13-2006, 05:34 PM
I am taking that shit from you and going on a stand up tour!

MateoInMex
05-13-2006, 05:48 PM
:lol:

Charles Woodson
05-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Lmao that was good.

Rastak
05-13-2006, 09:45 PM
He's an excellent midfielder for the England national team....oops wrong Beckham.

Partial
05-13-2006, 09:46 PM
He's an excellent midfielder for the England national team....oops wrong Beckham.

beat me to it :lol:

No Mo Moss
05-13-2006, 11:50 PM

Hopefully he ends up back in the EPL next year.

Rastak
05-13-2006, 11:52 PM

Yea, I'm shocked he left. That dude is unreal on freekicks.....

billy_oliver880
05-14-2006, 12:23 AM

My alma mater...just graduated today. :D

No Mo Moss
05-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Well congrats!!!!!

Whats the happening bar there now. I always would go to the MArket for two for ones. Off Broadway was great when you're already trashed. The Den was good on grateful dead night.

MJZiggy
05-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Nice job, Billy. What comes next? Taking the summer off or will the loans not permit that?

Guiness
05-14-2006, 10:25 AM

Can dribble a ball while balancing a pitcher of beer in one hand, and a dame on the other arm...

BlueBrewer
05-14-2006, 11:34 AM
I am also Stout Alumni . Didn't Beckham go by T-Love. I always thought that was rediculous.

Homer Jay
05-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Where was Beckham from? I wanted to say Texas, but I don't think i am right.

Gainesville, Florida.

No Mo Moss
05-14-2006, 01:36 PM
I am also Stout Alumni . Didn't Beckham go by T-Love. I always thought that was rediculous.

Spooner huh? My sophmore roomate was from spooner. Nick Mow, know him?

BlueBrewer
05-14-2006, 03:18 PM
I know Nick well. I went to high school with him. He runs a painting business in Spooner.

No Mo Moss
05-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I know Nick well. I went to high school with him. He runs a painting business in Spooner.

Is he still wear the purple viking glasses? He was such a major vikes fan in college. I think he played football with Beckham.

billy_oliver880
05-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Well congrats!!!!!

Whats the happening bar there now. I always would go to the MArket for two for ones. Off Broadway was great when you're already trashed. The Den was good on grateful dead night.

The happening bar is still the Market. We liked to go to Waterfront as well. The den...I am not a fan.

Nice job, Billy. What comes next? Taking the summer off or will the loans not permit that?

Zig....I am going to be a teacher. So I am still working the summer job and then hopefully I will have a teaching job. I just did an interview today in fact. :mrgreen:

jack's smirking revenge
05-15-2006, 12:10 PM

Yea, I'm shocked he left. That dude is unreal on freekicks.....

A bit overmarketed and overexposed, but, yeah, amazing on freekicks (hence, Bend it Like Beckham, which was a pretty darn good movie).

tyler