PDA

View Full Version : Favre: Atlanta is Bitter

mission
11-23-2007, 10:18 AM
I shouldn't say Atlanta per se ... I run into a lot of good natured fans down here. Being that it's a transient city, most people bring their team with 'em. It's hard to find a huge huge Falcons fan. And even they have a "second team".

Anyway, I had to come up to the office for a little bit this morning and on the way to work 680 the Fan has some idiot fill-ins on the radio talking about how it was "4 straight hours" of Favre knob slobbing and how they kept checking their channel guide to make sure they werent watching a Favre documentary on AE or something.

Then I get to the office, come out an hour later and there's John Kincaid going on and on about how it's been made such a huge story that Atlanta fucked up and let Favre go and now look at these idiots. His whole point was he was angry that the media doesnt talk about ****WHY**** the Falcons let him go, how he was always hung over, late for practice, falling asleep in meetings etc... how it was "Favres fault" blah blah

I didn't really get it and I guess there's a reason these jackoffs are on the commute to work time slots the day after thanksgiving but wow... I'm pretty sure the Packers had the same Brett Favre when he got to Green Bay. I'm sure he didnt just get traded, found God on the plane and turned his back to booze and ass. Definitely enough to rile me up enough to call... got through, they screened me and then the call went dead -- oh well...

FritzDontBlitz
11-23-2007, 10:28 AM
LMAO

Well, they let a good thing go. Then, their franchise QB just surrendered to start serving jail time the day before Thanksgiving. Then, on Turkey day they are reminded that they could have been riding the rocket arm of the most prolific passer in NFL history for 17 years.

Do that, and you'll be filled with tons of sympathy.

The Leaper
11-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Can't blame them for being jealous...Atlanta has a lot of things, but championship caliber sports teams isn't one of them.

However, if I was an ATL fan, I'd be far more pissed that the Falcons let go of Schaub...which is a far more recent and noteworthy example of how little the Falcons know about QBs.

mission
11-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Can't blame them for being jealous...Atlanta has a lot of things, but championship caliber sports teams isn't one of them.

However, if I was an ATL fan, I'd be far more pissed that the Falcons let go of Schaub...which is a far more recent and noteworthy example of how little the Falcons know about QBs.

good point and i expected to hear more of that. the fans are just really kinda ignorant ... instead they argue about who should start and who's the future and whatever... it's a mess.

"get rid of petrino!!!"

all day on talk radio... like it's the guys fault lol

cpk1994
11-24-2007, 09:19 AM
To be fair, they do have a point that the media doesn't talk about why Brett was traded. Blaming Atlanta for trading him away makes the assumption that Favre would still have been this successfull. I mean, ask yourself this queestion: Would Favre have been this successful under Jerry Glanville and June Jones? I think we all know the answer to that.

Scott Campbell
11-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Favre was still partying when he got on the field for us. I'm convinced that if he got a handfull of starts in ATL, he would have never given up that job either. Too much talent.

mraynrand
11-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Atlanta's f-up doesn't really rise to the level of the 'Curse of the Favrino' like Boston selling Ruth to NY now does it? But I'll agree wholeheartedly on one thing - if you're a fan of any their team but the Packers, the coverage of Favre has to be completely nauseating. I get mighty sick of it too. That's because these guys are trying to appeal to a broad (no pun intended) audience and they just go way overboard. That's why I love the NFL network - more Xs and Os and less fluff pieces.

Scott Campbell
11-24-2007, 10:51 AM
I loved Joe Buck's tongue and cheek comment on Sunday - "look at how the light glistens off Brett's helmet".