PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Grant = Future back

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-23-2007, 10:26 AM
I after watching him yesterday I think we have the back of the future. He is everything I look for in a back. He can catch, block, has great vision, has great speed, and when there is no where is run he has the power to run over people. I am really impressed by him.

In five games of starting, the guy has about 500 yards rushing. That is pretty amazing considering the fact that he is running behind the same line that no other back on the roster could even run half decent with. If he was starting from week one he would be over a 1000 yards by now and among the league leaders in rushing. This is very similar to how AG took over his first year in green bay.

Go Grant!!!!!!!

FritzDontBlitz
11-23-2007, 10:36 AM
The Real Deal baybuh.

Now we need a reliable backup to spell Grant. Maybe Wynn can assume that role next year. Jackson is the designated third down back, I like him in space but I fear for him if he's forced to take the pounding of a lead back right now. In time maybe Jackson can compete for the lead role, but he was given the opportunity early on and never seized it. Grant was offered a chance and - ahem - ran away with it... :wink:

The Leaper
11-23-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't like Jackson. I hoped he might show something...he never has. Morency is a better back than Jackson, but is too injury prone. Wynn has potential, but I'm betting he never fully realizes it.

mission
11-23-2007, 10:50 AM
I just wanna go on the record to say Grant will be our back for years to come. I love how this kid looks. And now that you mention almost 500 yards in 5 games ... perspective changes everything. Wow, that's great pace for such a young guy.

(and if im wrong, hopefully this thread stays buried :lol:)

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2007, 11:40 AM
I after watching him yesterday I think we have the back of the future. He is everything I look for in a back. He can catch, block, has great vision, has great speed, and when there is no where is run he has the power to run over people. I am really impressed by him.

I put him in the good-enough category. I wouldn't hesitate to use a high pick on a running back, though; especially since teams really need two.

RashanGary
11-23-2007, 11:53 AM
I thought that was Grant's best game. He showed burst that we havn't seen up to this point. He was just as strong on his last run as he was on his first and he showed the ability to break the big run. Anyone who compared him to Herron before they had any clue how he ran should take a look at Ryan Grant and think twice before they throw out unflattering comparisions on players they've never even seen play a game.

He's a starting RB. Maybe not a top tier one, but one capable of 1,000 yards in a season.

jramsey495
11-23-2007, 12:36 PM
i still want michael turner...

ND72
11-23-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't like Jackson. I hoped he might show something...he never has. Morency is a better back than Jackson, but is too injury prone. Wynn has potential, but I'm betting he never fully realizes it.

Wynn has no potential, what you saw is what you're going to get from him.

run pMc
11-23-2007, 12:45 PM
I put him in the good-enough category. I wouldn't hesitate to use a high pick on a running back, though; especially since teams really need two.

I agree with Harlan. He's good enough and the best of a questionable bunch, but I would be very surprised if TT doesn't look to upgrade this part of the roster.

Tarlam!
11-23-2007, 01:44 PM

I think this is a little too hasty.

I would agree with Leaper saying there is an upside, I wouldn't be willing bet how big it is, though.

I truly hope he rehabs and buys into the off-season program like many other players have done. We might find a far healthier player if he adds some more meat. I would be amazed if the Pack weren't sending him a message by putting him on IR so quickly. I bet M3 speaks very candidly about the expectations. We'll see how he reacts to coaching.

BallHawk
11-23-2007, 01:45 PM

Agreed. Wynn benefited against Chicago from catching the Bears off guard. And after catching them off guard he goes out with a cramping. I don't care what people say about him being hydrated or anything, he's not fit and he's nothing more than a #3 RB.

Grant is smarter than Wynn and faster than Wynn. There's no competition from Wynn or Jackson for that matter. Jackson could develop into being a sidekick for Grant, but Grant makes the quick decisions that Jackson fails to make.

I agree that Grant can be pretty good but I'm not going to go out right and say that he will be a 1,00 yard back. Why? Because you know who was the last back I said was capable of 1,000 yards?

Vernand Morency. :oops:

Bretsky
11-23-2007, 01:58 PM

Agreed. Wynn benefited against Chicago from catching the Bears off guard. And after catching them off guard he goes out with a cramping. I don't care what people say about him being hydrated or anything, he's not fit and he's nothing more than a #3 RB.

Grant is smarter than Wynn and faster than Wynn. There's no competition from Wynn or Jackson for that matter. Jackson could develop into being a sidekick for Grant, but Grant makes the quick decisions that Jackson fails to make.

I agree that Grant can be pretty good but I'm not going to go out right and say that he will be a 1,00 yard back. Why? Because you know who was the last back I said was capable of 1,000 yards?

Vernand Morency. :oops:

Good idea; don't throw your voodooo magic on Grant too

Maxie the Taxi
11-23-2007, 02:37 PM
The Ryan Grant Fan Club is now running a special for Johnny-come-lately's: Join now and save on postage and handling. :D

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I haven't seen such enthusiasm since our last savior Samkon Gado. :oops:

I like what i see so far, but put me in the wait and see category.

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Well i'll be first on the record and say this guy is the real deal.

woodbuck27
11-23-2007, 03:35 PM

I like his size,power and burst.

Maybe he is just one of those fella's that needed a real shot and we can sure allow for that with the runners we have (not on hand :) ).

I want to see TT get busy and make RB a top priority in our long and often frustrating off season. :)

Can't wait for the off season and all the positiveness that he sends our way.

Not really.

He's the only GM I've ever seen get praise fr. the fans for acting frozen.

People here are ready to annoit him as some awesome GM when he does Dick ALL except find ways tosave $ regarding a very healthy CAP.

He seems to have been on the mark acquiring Ryan Grant but we still need more time to fairly assess that.

All in all, Ryan Grant for a 6th looks pretty good to me especially given the remainder of the wanna be RB's.

For that move and sorry because it was a no brainer that we all here should have seen as necessary.

In any case I feel generous today so:

TT get's a free lunch from McDonalds in Milwaukee fr. me.

I expect a lot more in this off season before I fly him in for a very fine meal in Montreal.

Bretsky
11-23-2007, 03:40 PM

I never joined because I thought Gado was a flash; well I like the guy and all but I just didn't see it. Ditto for Wynn

IMO Grant is the real deal

Bretsky
11-23-2007, 03:41 PM

I actually think you'd be about the 50th to say that on this board. It was wishful thinking, but a few including me, were jumping on Grant's wagon from the day TT traded a draft pick for him and went over to the New York Giant threads to read about him

Badgepack
11-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I thought that was Grant's best game. He showed burst that we havn't seen up to this point. He was just as strong on his last run as he was on his first and he showed the ability to break the big run. Anyone who compared him to Herron before they had any clue how he ran should take a look at Ryan Grant and think twice before they throw out unflattering comparisions on players they've never even seen play a game.

He's a starting RB. Maybe not a top tier one, but one capable of 1,000 yards in a season.

Grant needs to learn to stay inbounds when we are trying to run out the clock. But, he sure has been a godsend for this team.

Deputy Nutz
11-23-2007, 03:47 PM
What do you expect from TT this off-season? What does he have to aquire to make Woodbuck happy?

At this point it seems he has all the pieces in place. He has the youngest team in the league and McCarthy has them at 10-1.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 03:59 PM
He's the only GM I've ever seen get praise fr. the fans for acting frozen.

People here are ready to annoit him as some awesome GM when he does Dick ALL except find ways tosave $ regarding a very healthy CAP.

Clearly still a Doubting Thompson.

Fritz
11-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Holy Crap, Woodbuck. WTF?? Still mad about TT not renegotiating with Javon Walker, or Ahman Green, or Don Hutson? Still irked that TT didn't pull the trigger on the Randy Moss deal or the John Hadl deal?

Or are you just pissed that the Pack lost to da Bears?

Man. The team goes into the offseason able to truly look for the best available athlete. Where's the urgent priority? QB? Uh, no. Running back? Well, maybe Grant needs some competition. Corner? Sure, the team needs to groom a couple of guys to take over for Harris and Woodson in the future. Safety? Well, yeah, someone to challenge Bigby. Offensive line? Okay, the tackles of the future, sure.

Come on, big guy. Admit it. The Packers are okay this year.

4and12to12and4
11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
You guys all drink way too much. Everyone was saying the same shit about Gado last year, where is he now? Does he even suit up in Houston, or is he a doctor already? Grant has made some nice runs and has excellent burst and good cutting ability. Is he the answer? I doubt it. I still think in the end Brandon Jackson will prove you all wrong. He's stronger and he hasn't had the benefit of playing against the teams Grant is playing against. Grant didn't do shit most of the game, I think he got almost all of his hundred yards on two carries, both after the defense was thinking pass, thanks to Favre and Co. Our line has played MUCH better in recent weeks and Grant is getting the benefit of that. It more timing than anything for him if you ask me.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2007, 06:17 PM
You guys all drink way too much.

Duh. Were Packer fans.

4and12to12and4
11-23-2007, 06:28 PM
You guys all drink way too much.

Duh. Were Packer fans.

That does it, I going to Nick's Liquors. Be back in five. Any posts from me after 7:00 I apologize in advance for right now. :oops:

:alc:

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-23-2007, 06:33 PM
You guys all drink way too much. Everyone was saying the same shit about Gado last year, where is he now? Does he even suit up in Houston, or is he a doctor already? Grant has made some nice runs and has excellent burst and good cutting ability. Is he the answer? I doubt it. I still think in the end Brandon Jackson will prove you all wrong. He's stronger and he hasn't had the benefit of playing against the teams Grant is playing against. Grant didn't do shit most of the game, I think he got almost all of his hundred yards on two carries, both after the defense was thinking pass, thanks to Favre and Co. Our line has played MUCH better in recent weeks and Grant is getting the benefit of that. It more timing than anything for him if you ask me.

What have you seem from Jackson that makes you think that he can become a feature back? When I saw him run early in the season, he would dance around in the back field and do nothing. I can't say anything negative about Grant. I love anything he brings to the table. We got Jackson for a 2nd and Grant for a 6th, does that Jackson better, hell no! Grant is 10 times better than Jackson IMO. Jackson needs to much room to run be effective.

4and12to12and4
11-23-2007, 06:41 PM

What have you seem from Jackson that makes you think that he can become a feature back? When I saw him run early in the season, he would dance around in the back field and do nothing. I can't say anything negative about Grant. I love anything he brings to the table. We got Jackson for a 2nd and Grant for a 6th, does that Jackson better, hell no! Grant is 10 times better than Jackson IMO. Jackson needs to much room to run be effective.

He was running against teams like the Eagles and Chargers. Give me a break. Our line is much better now, and the injury screwed him. I have no evidence to back up my feeling, but, you'll see, if he stays healthy he will have a much better career than Grant. He just needs to get out there and prove himself. He's tougher to tackle, he just needs to improve his cutback game, which will come when he is running on instinct, and not nervous, as most rookies are. But, Grant is doing well. So, maybe I'm wrong, I just don't think he is a long term solution. Who cares, we run 5 receiver sets half the game anyways. It's not like our running game is going to lead us into the Superbowl. We should do like Angelina Jolie at the Oscars, and just go backless. :roll:

FritzDontBlitz
11-23-2007, 09:22 PM

He was running against teams like the Eagles and Chargers. Give me a break. Our line is much better now, and the injury screwed him. I have no evidence to back up my feeling, but, you'll see, if he stays healthy he will have a much better career than Grant. He just needs to get out there and prove himself. He's tougher to tackle, he just needs to improve his cutback game, which will come when he is running on instinct, and not nervous, as most rookies are. But, Grant is doing well. So, maybe I'm wrong, I just don't think he is a long term solution. Who cares, we run 5 receiver sets half the game anyways. It's not like our running game is going to lead us into the Superbowl. We should do like Angelina Jolie at the Oscars, and just go backless. :roll:

I think my response in the other Ryan Grant thread will suffice here as well.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 09:41 PM

I never joined because I thought Gado was a flash; well I like the guy and all but I just didn't see it. Ditto for Wynn

IMO Grant is the real deal

Like I said, I like what i see, but i'm taking a wait and see.

Could be another willard harrell.

More importantly, his success could really be proving the zbs. Denver made a bunch of pedestrian backs look good: droughns, gary, bell, m. bell, etc.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 09:43 PM
What do you expect from TT this off-season? What does he have to aquire to make Woodbuck happy?

At this point it seems he has all the pieces in place. He has the youngest team in the league and McCarthy has them at 10-1.

Simple answer: Look at the Pro bowl. Replace our players with them with the exception of Favre, Hawk, driver, barnett, harris, woodson and a few others.

What is TT's problem. It is just so easy to sign every good player.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-23-2007, 09:44 PM

You obviously don't understand football. The defense wasn't expecting pass in the 4th quarter..when Grant got most of his carries.

Bretsky
11-23-2007, 09:57 PM

This is just pure wrong. A LOT of people in here were not on the GADO train. MANY in here said he didn't remotely fit into the zone blocking scheme, and many in here said he failed at this very same offense in college and was not going to cut it.

And Grant got most of his yardage when GB was well up on Detroit on the scoreboard.......therefore you can NOT assume they were playing for the pass. Grant had a good game Thursday and the fact that you are making excuses to downplay his solid play discredits you.

Jackson sucked earlier this year when he had his chance. The coaches know this and barring injuries he flushed his own chances down the toilet.

It's obvious your manlove for Jackson will not let you see anything but the Jackson is great fallacy.

Seeing we all agree our coaches know what they are doing, can't we just figure our coaches are not idiots and they are playing the better player :idea:

And the fact that Jackson saw little action in the most important game of the year Thursday just illustrates how much of a differerce there is in the coaches eyes between the two.

Well, unless the staff that has led this team to a 10-1 start have no idea what the heck they are talking about..........it's pretty apparent from any and all facts you can gather they are playing the right guy.

Bretsky
11-23-2007, 10:01 PM

You obviously don't understand football. The defense wasn't expecting pass in the 4th quarter..when Grant got most of his carries.

:clap: Exactly

Maxie the Taxi
11-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Ryan Grant. For a true idea of how good he is and how valuable to the Packers he is, put yourself in the shoes of the other team's defense and imagine playing against him.

Enough said. I'm glad he's a Packer.

Deputy Nutz
11-24-2007, 08:36 PM
The bottom line, for a 6th round pick I will take his production and be happy with the trade.

ND72
11-24-2007, 08:48 PM

I am one that agrees with this. I like Grant, but I think our best running back is still Brandon Jackson. If our OL and our Coach had as much belief as they do right now week 1, we wouldn't know who Ryan Grant was, cause they'd have holes for Jackson like they do right now.

FritzDontBlitz
11-24-2007, 09:10 PM

I am one that agrees with this. I like Grant, but I think our best running back is still Brandon Jackson. If our OL and our Coach had as much belief as they do right now week 1, we wouldn't know who Ryan Grant was, cause they'd have holes for Jackson like they do right now.

And yet, when they put Brandon Jackson in to spell Ryan Grant, the holes suddenly disappear and he goes nowhere. Let me guess, the linemen won't block for him?

ND72
11-24-2007, 09:21 PM

And yet, when they put Brandon Jackson in to spell Ryan Grant, the holes suddenly disappear and he goes nowhere. Let me guess, the linemen won't block for him?

WELL, lets look...these are Jackson's stats since the emergence of Grant

vs. Detroit - 0 Carries, 0 Yards
vs. Carolina - 4 carries, 13 yards (4.3 ypc)
vs. Minnesota - 4carries, 1 yard...(carries of 6, 2, -3, and -4), 2 catches 14 yards
vs. KC - 5 carries, 18 yards (3.6 ypc) long of 11
vs. Denver - Inactive

13 carries, 32 yards (2.5 ypc)...if you take away the -7 in yards in the Minnesota game, of which I remember both distictly, where nobody blocked pat williams, and in the KC game, all of his carries went for positive yards, except the one where Johnson (LB) came in untouched for a -3 yard loss.

take out those -10 yards in carries, you'd have 10 carries, 32 yards...3.2 ypc, which is what the zone offense expects, 3 yards a carry. I'd say he's been more productive, in my opinion, since the OL in general has been opening more holes.

I'm not bashing grant, nor am I putting Jackson on the top of the grid...but Jackson has a lot more potential than many want to believe.

FritzDontBlitz
11-24-2007, 09:52 PM

WELL, lets look...these are Jackson's stats since the emergence of Grant

vs. Detroit - 0 Carries, 0 Yards
vs. Carolina - 4 carries, 13 yards (4.3 ypc)
vs. Minnesota - 4carries, 1 yard...(carries of 6, 2, -3, and -4), 2 catches 14 yards
vs. KC - 5 carries, 18 yards (3.6 ypc) long of 11
vs. Denver - Inactive

13 carries, 32 yards (2.5 ypc)...if you take away the -7 in yards in the Minnesota game, of which I remember both distictly, where nobody blocked pat williams, and in the KC game, all of his carries went for positive yards, except the one where Johnson (LB) came in untouched for a -3 yard loss.

take out those -10 yards in carries, you'd have 10 carries, 32 yards...3.2 ypc, which is what the zone offense expects, 3 yards a carry. I'd say he's been more productive, in my opinion, since the OL in general has been opening more holes.

I'm not bashing grant, nor am I putting Jackson on the top of the grid...but Jackson has a lot more potential than many want to believe.

I will just put it in this context: Jackson has not made the most of his opportunities. If he is as talented as you say, its too bad it hadn't shown up with all the chances he had from the beginning of training camp until he was replaced due to injury. After Grant's emergence its possible he may never get the chance to prove his worth again. To me, Jackson's running style and body language suggests a back who is trying to avoid contact at all costs. That's just my opinion, but he seems too timid to succeed as a featured back in the NFL. Grant attacks his runs in a way that no other back on the roster does, which makes him much more productive. Whether Jackson develops into a more productive runner in the future remains to be seen.

HarveyWallbangers
11-24-2007, 10:10 PM
3.2 ypc, which is what the zone offense expects, 3 yards a carry.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard. If you average 3.2 yards/carry, you won't be in the league for long. That's not adequate for any offense. That's with you liberally taking out his three worst runs out of 13 runs. Why would the yards/carry be different for a zone offense than any other offense?

vince
11-25-2007, 06:57 AM
I don't disagree that if/when Jackson can learn to quickly find and hit the hole with authority, he can utilize his lower body strength and be more productive than he's been thus far. He's still VERY wet behind the ears.

But you can't discount what Grant has done by saying he played against poor rushing defenses. He hasn't. Here are the relevant statistics.

Ranking by Yds/Attempt
DNVR-31
KC---- 9
MN---- 2
CAR--- 4
DET--- 4
AVG- 10

Football Outsiders Rushing Defense Rankings
DNVR-29
KC---- 6
MN---- 1
CAR--23
DET--- 8
AVG-13.4

Against those better-than-average run defenses, Grant has excelled. Among the 37 running backs with 100+ carries on the season, Ryan Grant's 4.6 yds/carry ranks an impressive 7th in the league. Here's the company he's with at the top of the list...

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Brandon Jacobs
3. Ronnie Brown
4. Maurice Jones-Drew
5. Marion Barber
6. Brian Westbrook

Here's the list of the guys with 100+ carries he's been better than this year...

Travis Henry
Kenny Watson
Derrick Ward
Kenton Keith
Joseph Addai
Willis McGahee
Clinton Portis
Fred Taylor
Earnest Graham
LaDainian Tomlinson
Julius Jones
Kevin Jones
LaMont Jordan
Jamal Lewis
Willie Parker
DeShaun Foster
Frank Gore
Marshawn Lynch
Thomas Jones
Reggie Bush
Ron Dayne
Steven Jackson
Edgerrin James
Larry Johnson
LenDale White
Shaun Alexander
Cedric Benson
Warrick Dunn
Rudi Johnson

Grant has warranted the love he's gotten to date. In fact, I'd say he's been a bit underappreciated. He's been really good, and I'd say he's only going to get better as he continues to stack successes and learns more about how to use his running strengths.

KYPack
11-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Great post, Vince.

Jackson is a good, solid kid. But he is still a kid.

Grant's experience has helped him cement the RB job. Someone pointed out you need two good backs. Jackson will fill that role for us in the future. We should be set for a couple years at RB.

Rastak
11-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Great post, Vince.

Jackson is a good, solid kid. But he is still a kid.

Grant's experience has helped him cement the RB job. Someone pointed out you need two good backs. Jackson will fill that role for us in the future. We should be set for a couple years at RB.

Grant seems like the real deal to me. He hits the hole hard and he's quick. Jackson hasn't shown me anything. I bet the Giants greatly regret trading Grant with Ward and Jacobs both out. I think I would have kept Grant over Droughns but then hindsight is always 20/20.

HarveyWallbangers
11-25-2007, 09:48 AM
I agree on Droughns. The Giants would have quite the combination in Jacobs, Ward, and Grant. Ward really impressed me earlier in the year.

Bretsky
11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't disagree that if/when Jackson can learn to quickly find and hit the hole with authority, he can utilize his lower body strength and be more productive than he's been thus far. He's still VERY wet behind the ears.

But you can't discount what Grant has done by saying he played against poor rushing defenses. He hasn't. Here are the relevant statistics.

Ranking by Yds/Attempt
DNVR-31
KC---- 9
MN---- 2
CAR--- 4
DET--- 4
AVG- 10

DNVR-29
KC---- 6
MN---- 1
CAR--23
DET--- 8
AVG-13.4

Against those better-than-average run defenses, Grant has excelled. Among the 37 running backs with 100+ carries on the season, Ryan Grant's 4.6 yds/carry ranks an impressive 7th in the league. Here's the company he's with at the top of the list...

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Brandon Jacobs
3. Ronnie Brown
4. Maurice Jones-Drew
5. Marion Barber
6. Brian Westbrook

Here's the list of the guys with 100+ carries he's been better than this year...

Travis Henry
Kenny Watson
Derrick Ward
Kenton Keith
Joseph Addai
Willis McGahee
Clinton Portis
Fred Taylor
Earnest Graham
LaDainian Tomlinson
Julius Jones
Kevin Jones
LaMont Jordan
Jamal Lewis
Willie Parker
DeShaun Foster
Frank Gore
Marshawn Lynch
Thomas Jones
Reggie Bush
Ron Dayne
Steven Jackson
Edgerrin James
Larry Johnson
LenDale White
Shaun Alexander
Cedric Benson
Warrick Dunn
Rudi Johnson

Grant has warranted the love he's gotten to date. In fact, I'd say he's been a bit underappreciated. He's been really good, and I'd say he's only going to get better as he continues to stack successes and learns more about how to use his running strengths.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

FritzDontBlitz
11-25-2007, 11:06 AM

Ranking by Yds/Attempt
DNVR-31
KC---- 9
MN---- 2
CAR--- 4
DET--- 4
AVG- 10

DNVR-29
KC---- 6
MN---- 1
CAR--23
DET--- 8
AVG-13.4

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Brandon Jacobs
3. Ronnie Brown
4. Maurice Jones-Drew
5. Marion Barber
6. Brian Westbrook

Travis Henry
Kenny Watson
Derrick Ward
Kenton Keith
Joseph Addai
Willis McGahee
Clinton Portis
Fred Taylor
Earnest Graham
LaDainian Tomlinson
Julius Jones
Kevin Jones
LaMont Jordan
Jamal Lewis
Willie Parker
DeShaun Foster
Frank Gore
Marshawn Lynch
Thomas Jones
Reggie Bush
Ron Dayne
Steven Jackson
Edgerrin James
Larry Johnson
LenDale White
Shaun Alexander
Cedric Benson
Warrick Dunn
Rudi Johnson

Awesome, vince.

RashanGary
11-25-2007, 11:45 AM
It's kind of impressive how well every thing has worked out.

TE, RB, S, FB, WR and even OG.

We all thought we were going to have to use max protect. We thought the world came to an end when Green left. We were pretty sure that our S's were going to be torched for the 2nd year in a row and we didn't expect a thing out of our TE's. Some were pretty sure that Brett had no targets to throw the ball to and almost jumped off a cliff when we didn't take a WR in round 1.

I'm not rubbing anything in to anyone. I am just as suprised that all of this worked out too. Every time I see Grant pick up 4 when there was nothing available or break a 30 yard run, I smile knowing a 6th round pick should not be this good. Every time Brett bombs a 40+ yd strike to Jenning, Driver, Robinson, Jones or Martin in stride I laugh because he wasn't supposed to have that much time in the pocket and these guys were not supposed to be that good. Every time James Jones catches a nearly impossible pass and then picks up 20 extra yards I shake my head because rookies are not supposed to be that good.

This is a magical year. Grant fits right in with the whole aura around this team.