PDA

View Full Version : How funny is it... THE MEDIA

packers11
11-23-2007, 10:44 AM
How much enjoyment do you find the media now choking on their words...

"Favre should have retired two years ago" blah blah blah... "The team is moving in a different direction"

With 10 wins already most sports commentators (especially ESPN) are going back on there words constantly when talking about the packers/Favre...

Not only did they bag on Favre, but they also bagged on T.T. for not being the redskins and signing every big FA...

I for one was a little critical of the FA approach, but seemed to see the light once I saw a lot of this youth (drafts) have tons of potential...

"Favre's behavior is selfish and silly
QB needs to retire or let Packers trade him to start rebuilding"

I just laugh at articles like this now, its to bad that half of the people that wrote these articles are acting like they never doubted Favre, that they were ALWAYS on his side...

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm most impressed by the pundits who were willing to admit they were wrong. I'm still waiting. The only one I've ever seen do this was Easterbrook, and to be honest, I haven't read him in many months.

packrat
11-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Sort of like your dog running way out in front of you and when he is headed toward to the left fork in the road, you turn to the right and he sneaks to the right and pretends that is the way he was going all the time. Those talking heads are always way out in front of the crowd, once they have figured out which way the crowd was already headed.

mission
11-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Sort of like your dog running way out in front of you and when he is headed toward to the left fork in the road, you turn to the right and he sneaks to the right and pretends that is the way he was going all the time. Those talking heads are always way out in front of the crowd, once they have figured out which way the crowd was already headed.

just like that.......

VegasPackFan
11-23-2007, 12:46 PM
In all fairness, I have to give some credit to Sean Salisbury. I heard him say a few times during the lean years that anyone who thinks Favre "doesn't have it any more" are idiots. And he did call them idiots.

4and12to12and4
11-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Watching ESPN is such a joke. They are so predictable, and they have this stupid segment with Mike Ditka and Bill Parcells and they were asked who they thought were the top teams, and if anyone in the NFC was better than the Patriots, (of course now they think that the NFC might be as good as the AFC because teams like Indy and SD have been struggling, and suddenly there is parity between the leagues again). Parcells was pathetic, he said, "well, you know you have to wait til some games are played after Thanksgiving to get a real feel for who is where in this league". In other words, we don't know shit, and after the Superbowl is over, I'll give you my picks. Pathetic. But, as a former coach, whose team lost a playoff game last year due to a muffed field goal, he knows better than anyone that this game has an oblong ball, and that means that a good or bad bounce one way or the other can make you a Superbowl Champion, you need talent, but you gotta get a little luck too. But, these guys don't know shit, and it's amazing how now they wanna jump on the bandwagon of Dallas and GreenBay. They can all kiss my ass.