PDA

View Full Version : Where you watching the game?

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm curious how many people currently get NFL Network.

ND72
11-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I still gotta figure that out. Living in Friendship, WI, we don't get the local stations to pick it up, and I'm not sure if my girlfriends family have anything, I think they do...kind of nervous about it...plus I have basketball practice that night...maybe I'll have to move it ot like 6am that day on purpose :lol:

The Leaper
11-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I have DirecTV and the NFL Network...just something you have to do as a Packer fan living outside of Wisconsin.

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2007, 06:26 PM
looks like most hardcore packer fans have gotten satelite TV. I thought there would be more people hitting the sports bars.

Partial
11-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Watching it at my dads.

gbpackfan
11-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm in the home market so I'll be watching on my HUGE HDTV! Eat it!

Just kidding. Not really. :P

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm not in the home market, but I'll be watching anyway on my crappy old tv, but who cares? I'm watching it.

4and12to12and4
11-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I have DirecTV and the NFL Network...just something you have to do as a Packer fan living outside of Wisconsin.

Same here, I switched from DishNetwork just before the season began and got the NFL Ticket, by the way, technology wise, DirectTv is WAY behind DishNetwork, in ways I can't even explain, it's sick, but it's worth watching the Pack every week, and getting the NFL Network. And I also have HBO. Inside the NFL is one of the few NFL media shows that is worth watching. I love seeing Dan Marino everytime Brett is being talked about. He is SO jealous. But he's pretty cool about it. I always liked him as a player, I was a big Dolphins fan growing up when he played, and I'll never forget the Monday Night he crushed the Bears and shredded their defense to give them that loss in '85.

Freak Out
11-23-2007, 07:14 PM

Same here, I switched from DishNetwork just before the season began and got the NFL Ticket, by the way, technology wise, DirectTv is WAY behind DishNetwork, in ways I can't even explain, it's sick, but it's worth watching the Pack every week, and getting the NFL Network. And I also have HBO. Inside the NFL is one of the few NFL media shows that is worth watching. I love seeing Dan Marino everytime Brett is being talked about. He is SO jealous. But he's pretty cool about it. I always liked him as a player, I was a big Dolphins fan growing up when he played, and I'll never forget the Monday Night he crushed the Bears and shredded their defense to give them that loss in '85.

I don't watch the show on a regular basis but when I have Marino is all class and very respectful of Favre. Pretty good show but Carter still bigs me.

GoPackGo
11-23-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm curious how many people currently get NFL Network.

Why isn't that the poll question? I have the NFL network but I might go out to a sports bar for the fun of it.

cheesner
11-23-2007, 09:46 PM
I have only missed 2 games this season, living in Las Vegas. Because the Pack is doing so well, they have been the Fox national game for this region most of the time.

I was also in WI for 2 weeks, I am not sure if they were televised here or not.

Carolina_Packer
11-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I have Time Warner cable, so I don't have the NFL Network. I'll be at Murphy's in Cary, NC. This is the only Packer bar (that I'm aware of) in the Raleigh area. They have an email list, and all these cool transplants come to the games; they are events! They cover up the pool tables, people bring food like a pot luck and everyone claps and cheers. It's great.

Jimx29
11-23-2007, 11:52 PM
I have Chibardun here in Barron county and they have it one their basic package.

Rastak
11-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Top NFC game of the year. I'll be watching at home in HD via Comcast in Saint Paul.

BallHawk
11-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Just got the NFL Network yesterday and will be watching it on the 50 inch Plasma that we got yesterday.

Beats watching it in a crowded bar. :D

HarveyWallbangers
11-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Beats watching it in a crowded bar.

I thought you were too young for the bar?
:D

CaptainKickass
11-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I am outside the home marlet - have been for 10 years.

This week - I'll be watching it @ home on the big screen in HD (yes I have the NFL Network HD channel)

There are times when they don't show The Pack for free on tv, that's when I go to a freinds house who has the NFL Sunday Ticket, or I go to the bar to watch.

Back in the days when I was really broke - I'd go to the "Packers" bars and just sit and watch the game with other Packer-people. Inevitably they would contribute to my eat and drink once I told 'em I was broke.

I am not above pity when it comes to watching the Packers. Nor should you be.

BallHawk
11-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Beats watching it in a crowded bar.

I thought you were too young for the bar?
:D

Beats watching it in a crowded Bar & Grill

:wink:

GBRulz
11-24-2007, 10:14 PM
I think some of us are going out to watch the game at Curly's Pub.

GrnBay007
11-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Went to my class reunion last night.

After that, watching the game at a friend's house has turned into a party. :?

I hope people don't yack too much and watch the game!!

MadScientist
11-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm SOL. I'd have to scrounge a babysitter just for the privilege of finding a totally packed sports bar. The NFLN can't fold soon enough for me.

Jerry Tagge
11-26-2007, 02:40 PM
I'll be at my brother's house since he has DirecTV. I go there every Sunday to watch Sunday Ticket. I can't stand watching football on Sundays without the Ticket. The game in Chicago usually sucks because it's the pathetic Muppets of the Midway.

MJZiggy
11-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm SOL. I'd have to scrounge a babysitter just for the privilege of finding a totally packed sports bar. The NFLN can't fold soon enough for me.

That actually kinda sounds like fun to me right now...but I will watch it here.

MadtownPacker
11-26-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm SOL. I'd have to scrounge a babysitter just for the privilege of finding a totally packed sports bar. The NFLN can't fold soon enough for me.I thought WI allows kids into bars if they are with a parent?

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 02:43 PM
For those who can't get the game:

http://www.nfl.com/live

It isn't the whole live broadcast, but it will give clips, highlights and break-ins.

Badgepack
11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I think I will go to Sears and hang out in the electronics department.

Him8123
11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I`ll be at Buffalo Wild Wings they have the NFL package. That`s where I`m at every week to watch em since they don`t televise them here. Except for the Carolina game which I was fortunate to go to. Kinda ironic left my home state to pull against my home team. Oh well Packers have been around longer.