PDA

View Full Version : Is GB better off playing...

packers11
11-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Dallas in the dome or at cold lambeau???

I know it was brought up in another thread, but the replies are mostly about dallas's team in the cold...

GB's road record is undefeated, and the only loss the packers suffered was at home....

GB doesn't have a top rushing attack which Dallas does and this is needed for cold games in late January...

GB has the amazing passing attack which isn't as effective if it is cold out but still can get the job done...

GB's D is suited for the cold with a big D line and hard nosed LB's but the O-line is very small and could get pushed around...

Whats your thoughts??? It just made me think because of all the road success the packers had the past few years compared to the success they had at Lambeau...

oregonpackfan
11-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Though the Packers have struggled with their won-loss record at Lambeau the past few years, there is always an advantage playing at home.

HarveyWallbangers
11-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I think it's a fair question. In fact, I brought it up about a month ago. I think you always want to play at home, but I wouldn't be surprised if our team would be better playing at Dallas in January. Then again, since then Ryan Grant has emerged, and he's alleviated some of my concerns.

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Good topic. I say its about even. Were a pass first team, and the weather may hinder us in January at home. But on the other hand lambeau field is lambeau field.

BallHawk
11-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Thinking about it, playing in Dallas wouldn't be a death sentence. However, you always want your team playing at home, no matter what your offense can or can't do.

ny10804
11-24-2007, 03:16 PM
I would say the most compatible environment for the Pack would be an indoor stadium in Green Bay. We can only have one of those, but I would lean towards Lambeau. Knowing/thinking/believing we could play better in Dallas would be a nice consolation for a loss though.

FritzDontBlitz
11-24-2007, 03:32 PM
I would love to see Dallas bring their whiny asses to Lambeau for the NFC Championship, but, I am not conceding anything to Dallas. I am not afraid to pick Green Bay to win in Dallas next week (although I notice a lot of others have no faith in their favorite team), and I am not convinced Dallas will even make it to the championship.

As Chris berman likes to say: "that's why they play the games." I believe if Green Bay's offense plays like its capable of playing, they can beat any team anywhere. I just like the idea of watching the Cowpunks freak out about the weather...

pack4to84
11-24-2007, 04:51 PM
either way it doesn't matter. I don't think dallas would win there playoff game anyways. We might just be playing in GB no matter what.

Rastak
11-24-2007, 04:59 PM
either way it doesn't matter. I don't think dallas would win there playoff game anyways. We might just be playing in GB no matter what.

How can you say that when you don't even know who they are playing?

BF4MVP
11-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Gotta have the "G-Force"..LAMBEAU!!

b bulldog
11-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I think teams can focus better on the road because their aren't as many distractions as at home. I'd rather have them play at home though in the playoffs.

Badgerinmaine
11-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Way too many painful memories of losses in the playoffs at Texas Stadium for me to want that game anywhere but Lambeau. Maybe we can have "Ice Bowl II".

pack4to84
11-25-2007, 01:17 AM

How can you say that when you don't even know who they are playing?
last year Romo folded under pressure couldn't even hold a perfect snap extra point.

BF4MVP
11-25-2007, 01:36 AM
He doesn't hold anymore.

I hope they get upset in the first round, but saying they'll probably lose before you know who they're playing is ridiculous.

I would have said "maybe Dallas will lose their playoff game and we can play in Lambeau anyways."

mmmdk
11-25-2007, 03:36 AM
A hypothetical loss on thursday at Dallas is not the end; it all depends on how you, hypothetically, lost the game. Green Bay is banged up and playing in Texas which is not a good combo...but it's close. I'd say 55% Dallas win & 45% for a Packers win. That's way better odds than in the SB years. A big hypothetical loss would sting badly and work in favor of the Cowboys...and vice versa!

If Packers win vs Dallas, good, yet a hypothetical toss up loss to Dallas ain't so bad. But Lambeau is sweeter. :pack:

The Leaper
11-25-2007, 11:32 AM
I don't mind losing this game. As I said somewhere else, the Giants are looking like the #5 seed right now and have a high probability of winning their wild card matchup and being the lowest remaining seed in the second round. As such, having the #1 seed means you have to go through the Giants and #2 seed. I think that is a tougher road, regardless of where you would play your NFCC game.

pack4to84
11-25-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't mind losing this game. As I said somewhere else, the Giants are looking like the #5 seed right now and have a high probability of winning their wild card matchup and being the lowest remaining seed in the second round. As such, having the #1 seed means you have to go through the Giants and #2 seed. I think that is a tougher road, regardless of where you would play your NFCC game.
you watch todays game? It might be a extra bye week if we play the Giants.

Jerry Tagge
11-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Packers are always better off playing at home in the playoffs.

packers11
12-23-2007, 03:34 PM
anyone wanna do a re-vote??? :wink:

GB doesn't look suited to play in the cold/wind...

Scott Campbell
12-23-2007, 04:27 PM
I just voted Dallas.

BEARMAN
12-23-2007, 04:30 PM
favre is 0-9 in Dallas ! :shock:

b bulldog
12-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Neither, the Cowboys, now that they can get healthy, will kick the crap out of this team. Our Dline gets zero pressure and our Oline can't block very well. Like the first meeting, the Boys will own the trenches.