PDA

View Full Version : Sack Masters

Joemailman
11-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Right now Kampman leads the NFL with 11 sacks and KGB is tied for 2nd with 9.5. Any of our stat experts know if a team has ever finished a season with 2 of their players 1-2 in sacks?

MJZiggy
11-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Will it happen if KGB is out for a couple weeks?

Rastak
11-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Right now Kampman leads the NFL with 11 sacks and KGB is tied for 2nd with 9.5. Any of our stat experts know if a team has ever finished a season with 2 of their players 1-2 in sacks?

Don't know but Kampman was bull rushing the Lions RT and he looked outstanding.

I'm guessing KGB is out for a while based on what I saw but Kampman is really dominating.

RashanGary
11-24-2007, 07:34 PM
The Packers have been excellent in preventing teams from quick scores at the half and in 3rd and long situations. The Packers are one of the top 3rd down teams in the league.

1st, Jolly and Pickett are very stout in the middle. If it's 3rd and short, teams have not been able to get a yard.

2nd, if it's 3rd and long, KGB, Kamp and Williams are all very good pass rushers. Teams just can't stop them.

With Jolly out, we lose our first edge. With KGB out, we lose our second edge. This defense just lost two of the most underrated, but extremely important pieces. In short, Dallas is going to be almost impossible to beat in this first meeting. If our guys get healthy, I don't think Dallas can beat us unless they have the perfect game. Our defense is too good when we have all of our pieces and our offense and ST's are among the leagues best too.

swede
11-24-2007, 10:45 PM

Don't know but Kampman was bull rushing the Lions RT and he looked outstanding.

I'm guessing KGB is out for a while based on what I saw but Kampman is really dominating.

After the Kampman knocked the first tackle out of the Detroit game, the 2nd guy was a pure putz. Nevertheless, Kampman, a master at getting his man off-balance or going the wrong way, bullrushed the putz on one play and pancaked him into Kitna. Probowl-worthy highlight.

PlantPage55
11-24-2007, 10:51 PM
After the Kampman knocked the first tackle out of the Detroit game, the 2nd guy was a pure putz. Nevertheless, Kampman, a master at getting his man off-balance or going the wrong way, bullrushed the putz on one play and pancaked him into Kitna. Probowl-worthy highlight.

Not since Reggie White have I been as completely in AWE of a defensive end. What Aaron does to tackles game in and game out is a wonder!

But Reggie used to chuck guys with one arm! :D

b bulldog
11-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Very big guys with one arm :lol:

Tarlam!
11-25-2007, 02:59 AM
With KGB sidelined (if, indeed he is), expect a lot of double teams on Kampy.

Jason Hunter played OK, though. This is exacltly why we have the depth we do on the D-line.

Joemailman
11-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Anyone heard anything on the extent of KGB's injury? If it's not serious, I could see him missing only 1 game. After the Dallas game, the Packers are off for 10 days. That will mean only 1 game in a 17 day stretch.