PDA

View Full Version : Coaches on the Hot Seat

Carolina_Packer
11-25-2007, 10:52 PM
I was interested to see who was thought to be on the hot seat since we are approaching the latter part of this season, and found this writer's blog:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/briandelucia/2007/11/05/NFL_Coaches_On_The_Hot_Seat

Which teams will have HC vacancies at the end of this season, and who do you think will fill them?

I think he missed John Fox at Carolina. He's having a tough season and is winless at home and the offense is punchless.

HarveyWallbangers
11-25-2007, 10:57 PM
John Fox is a good coach who will have success elsewhere.

Carolina_Packer
11-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Yeah, it's funny how some guys keep getting opportunities and others get one. I think Fox is good too, but the blame has to fall somewhere, and if they completely tank this year, I think he might pay for it. We'll see. Maybe they'll survey the landscape and determine there's no good replacement. Of course, with Bill Cowher "retired" and living in Raleigh, the Panthers might back up the Brinks truck for him.

Badgerinmaine
11-26-2007, 07:46 AM
First thing: That blog was written three weeks ago. I can't imagine, for one thing, that Jacksonville could even remotely be thinking about canning Jack Del Rio now, or after the last few weeks that the Giants wouldn't be thinking about firing Tom Coughlin.

Sometimes, even when a coach has done a great job, it's just time for a new voice in the locker room. Maybe Jon Fox, Brian Billick & Jon Gruden have gotten to that point. All three would be hot properties on the open market. But, a lot of those men on the list have inherited horrible situations, like Cam Cameron, that really aren't their fault. As for the others: I'm no Norv Turner fan, but the Bolts have sure looked better since the Packers played them--for one example, they sliced up a once-proud Baltimore defense yesterday.

I feel badly for Marvin Lewis. He's a good guy and a brilliant defensive coach (the Browns game earlier this year notwithstanding), but I really think the Bengals need to clean house. He's allowed way too many bad-character guys in to that team.