PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys favored by 7 over the Pack

GrnBay007
11-26-2007, 10:15 AM
The over/under is 51.5.....looking for a shoot out.

I figured the spread would be less than 10.

FritzDontBlitz
11-26-2007, 10:19 AM
With the way everyone has conceded the victory to the Cowboys - even a lot of the posters here speak of Green Bay losing as if its a foregone conclusion - I'm surprised the line isn't higher.

I suspect even Green Bay fans are waiting around expecting Favre to throw 6 picks in a game at least once this season.

Don't bet against the Pack - but if you do, take the points.... :wink:

oregonpackfan
11-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Yes, I am one of the posters who predict a Cowboys win. At the same time, I admit the Packers have pleasantly surprised me many times this season.

Even if the Packers lose this game, I am impressed with the ever growing maturity I am seeing in the younger players. Come playoff time, that increasing maturity is going to translate into a highly competitive playoff team!

The Leaper
11-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Injuries should give the Cowboys an edge...not even factoring in HFA.

Green Bay needs to take a page out of the Patriots book, go 5 wide and throttle that Cowboy secondary.

Guiness
11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
7 points - that's assinine. I know, I know, it's a betting line. But putting Dal up by a TD is a lot. The MOST I expected to see was 6.5, and thought it would be a 3pt spread, which is a push, of course.

I'd have to think there'll be a lot of money coming in on GB. How can you make a 10-1 team a 7pt underdog :!:

GoPackGo
11-26-2007, 11:12 AM
with vegas odds its actually a 4 point edge. the home team always gets 3 points.

Packgator
11-26-2007, 11:50 AM
The over/under is 51.5.....looking for a shoot out.

I figured the spread would be less than 10.

The perception around the country is that the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC. The media tells them so......so it must be true. So.....Vegas can get away with making Dallas a 7 point favorite. Can the Packers score 20? Can they hold the Cowboys to less than 27? Both questions can be answered YES. The Cowboys may win by more than 7.......but I think the smart money will be on the Packers to keep it close or win. It can go either way......I guess that's why they call it gambling.

Bossman641
11-26-2007, 12:30 PM
7 points - that's assinine. I know, I know, it's a betting line. But putting Dal up by a TD is a lot. The MOST I expected to see was 6.5, and thought it would be a 3pt spread, which is a push, of course.

I'd have to think there'll be a lot of money coming in on GB. How can you make a 10-1 team a 7pt underdog :!:

Agreed, I was expecting this line to come out at Dallas by 5-5.5. This line seems a little high. I expect it to lower as the week goes on.

LL2
11-26-2007, 12:42 PM
The Packers will win!

Tarlam!
11-26-2007, 01:34 PM
The Packers will win!

They have won my heart for eternity. I also think they have a decent shot Thursday night.

I'll be setting my alarm to 1:57 a.m.

Deputy Nutz
11-26-2007, 01:50 PM
So what the Packers are the underdogs, thats the attitude they need to go in there with and play a little smash mouth football. Hopefully everyone is healthy. I expect Woodson to at least give it a shot, literally, I think he is going to shoot up his toe with pain killers, that should do it.

Cheesehead Craig
11-26-2007, 02:26 PM
I hope like hell the Packers win.

I also hope that Romo has a decent game. He's from my hometown in WI and even though I never met him (I was before his time), part of me is always going to root for him to do well. The whole small town kid does good story.

3irty1
11-26-2007, 02:34 PM
This is the spread I would have expected. You gotta remember that Texans are sports betters and that the first thing sports betters look at is rushing yards. Lots of people will be putting money on Dallas and starting the spread at 7 is a good call by the bookies.

However we all know its ridiculous and the Packers are twice the team the Boys are. This isn't even the toughest game we've had this season, just the team with the best record.

hurleyfan
11-26-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm sure injuries along the D line & secondary contribute(Woodson & his toe will probably play) but Rouse is banged up and Collins will be rusty if he's able to go..

Goddamn NFL network / Time Warner :evil:

cheesner
11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
If I was a betting man, I would be putting money on the Packers.

I think there is a fair chance that they win the game outright, let alone getting some points. Where is the moneyline?

mraynrand
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
So what the Packers are the underdogs, thats the attitude they need to go in there with and play a little smash mouth football. Hopefully everyone is healthy. I expect Woodson to at least give it a shot, literally, I think he is going to shoot up his toe with pain killers, that should do it.

If the Packers lose, I might have to shoot up with some pain killers too.

HarveyWallbangers
11-26-2007, 04:25 PM
If Green Bay were healthy, I'd feel we match up pretty well with Dallas. However, if KGB and Woodson are out, it will be tough to win. Jolly and Cole are out. Jenkins is still bothered by his injury. Now, KGB. That means either running Jenkins, Pickett, and Williams more than they are used to OR relying on guys like Hunter, Harrell, and Muir. That's a tall order. I'm afraid our DL is going to get worn out. If Collins and Rouse are out, then you are looking at a defense with many contributors out (Jolly, KGB, Woodson, Collins, Rouse, Cole).

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Come on guys, we're better than this. Every team in the NFL has injury problems. We now have a legit shot at getting an L and now we need to scream out the injury excuse. Bears fans should have a field day with that, they've lost many starts due to injury. We beat the Broncos in OT but since they were banged up, we really aren't better than them??? You play with what you have and in the NFL, you must expect injury. You all are selling Ted's depth short. I'm not saying the Packers will win but they have a good chance so lets stop the excuses. Role your sleeves up and have faith that the Packers will get the job done.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Crayton will be ready to play on Thursday for Dallas. Their only big injury at the moment is Glenn.

Freak Out
11-26-2007, 04:55 PM
#4 and the offense are just going to have to score more points.

It is going to be nice to see Favre get that Texas Stadium monkey off his back before they blow the place up.

BEARMAN
11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
The Packers will win!

There is one in every crowd !? :o

This is the game that the house of cards comes falling down. Time for a dose of reality. :twisted:

Bretsky
11-26-2007, 06:57 PM
The Packers will win!

There is one in every crowd !? :o

This is the game that the house of cards comes falling down. Time for a dose of reality. :twisted:

Bearman !!

Dose of Reality will have you sitting on your recliner during playoff time........just like all Da Bear Players :lol: :lol:

Joemailman
11-26-2007, 07:32 PM
It will be tough to hold Romo down, but I still think the Packers can win a shootout if they can can go with the 4 WR set and still protect Favre.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Both Olines are the key. If the Boys huge Oline mauls are Dline and gashes us with the run until we bring more in the box which than opens up TO for big plays, we are in trouble.
If our Oline gives Brett time, Brett will pick the Cowboys secondary apart and with our 5 wr set, we will get very good matchups that will heavily favor us. Any Packers WR covered by one of the cowboys S's is a hot read for Brett and this will keep their D looking pass, than Grant can do his thing.

Packers4Ever
11-26-2007, 08:25 PM
[quote="FritzDontBlitz"]With the way everyone has conceded the victory to the Cowboys - even a lot of the posters here speak of Green Bay losing as if its a foregone conclusion - I'm surprised the line isn't higher.

I suspect even Green Bay fans are waiting around expecting Favre to throw 6 picks in a game at least once this season.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fritz, I think you're probably on the right track expecting Favre to throw many picks in a game before the season is over. And many think we'll lose this game because - to go down to Dallas and actually BEAT them, come on!! I confess I question it myself.

Then you watch ESPN for news, read the sports' page etc...and pretty soon you're nearly convinced it's a possibility. It's just that no one wants to get their spirits up too high ahead of time.

I'm now convinced we could really make it! Don't forget, their fans are thinking about Brett Favre and what he could do to their team so why can't we do the same?
And don't you love the publicity the Green Bay Packers are now - finally - getting ??

Badgerinmaine
11-26-2007, 08:27 PM

Have you had your heapin' helpin' of reality today, or have you not looked at the NFC standings yet? :twisted:

RashanGary
11-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Come on guys, we're better than this. Every team in the NFL has injury problems. We now have a legit shot at getting an L and now we need to scream out the injury excuse. Bears fans should have a field day with that, they've lost many starts due to injury. We beat the Broncos in OT but since they were banged up, we really aren't better than them??? You play with what you have and in the NFL, you must expect injury. You all are selling Ted's depth short. I'm not saying the Packers will win but they have a good chance so lets stop the excuses. Role your sleeves up and have faith that the Packers will get the job done.

Injuries slowing teams is reality. You don't want to hear teams whine about it, but Vegas always takes it into account and anyone with common sense would too. The Cowboys are having a great healthy run. We are not. Hopefully we can beat them with a bunch of guys out, if not, we might still get another shot in the playoffs, hopefully our health will be good and theirs less than spectacular. That is part of a magical run; health. It's acctually been a big part of our success so far. Our Dline has been a rock. Now it's a fraction of what it has been.

And for the record, anyone with a brain knew the Bears were not the same team with Harris out last year and all of the injuries this year. Injuries make a difference. I accept it as fact.

gbgary
11-26-2007, 08:42 PM
the Pack hasn't won here since '89 (i was there). the boys have owned the Pack ever since. i'm keeping my mouth shut this week, down-playing the game, rolling my eyes when the trash talk gets going. i've eaten enough crow over the years. it will take a perfect game for us to win. presure on romo, staying in owen's jersey, shadowing whitten, clogging the running lanes, calm by brett, taking advantage of the boy's secondary, long drives for points when we have the ball to keep our D fresh. it's possible, very possible, for us to win. if we do it amounts to a game and half lead on them. one for the win and half for the tie-breaker.

[quietly yelling]LET'S GO PACK!![/quietly yelling]

HarveyWallbangers
11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
How many times have we played Dallas in Green Bay since 1989? What is our record in those games?

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I think once or maybe twice and we did win both games.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Nick you are correct but than "anyone with a brain" can basicly use that excuse for their teams L's during the season. I think Carolina would have been much tougher with Smith, denver probably would have beaten us if they were healthy, the Giants had major issues with injury when we played them, you an go on and on. The Pats lost Glenn, that basicly cancels out Woodson if he is unable to play. They have been pretty healthy beyond Glenn but please stop with the injury excuses cause that excuse is for whiners. We are banged up, we just need guys like our friggin number one pick to start showing he can actually play at this level.

RashanGary
11-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Nick you are correct but than "anyone with a brain" can basicly use that excuse for their teams L's during the season. I think Carolina would have been much tougher with Smith, denver probably would have beaten us if they were healthy, the Giants had major issues with injury when we played them, you an go on and on. The Pats lost Glenn, that basicly cancels out Woodson if he is unable to play. They have been pretty healthy beyond Glenn but please stop with the injury excuses cause that excuse is for whiners. We are banged up, we just need guys like our friggin number one pick to start showing he can actually play at this level.

Yes, teams lose all the time because of injury. It's part of the game. We've had a very healthy run and other teams have not. Our record reflects that and this week it will reflect our current injuries. That's how it works. It's not an excuse, it's a reality.

As far as Harrell, I wouldn't hold your breath. He's a rookie and he's played relatively poorly when given the chance. Our Dline just isn't as stout without Jolly. Carolina took advantage of Williams as soon as Jolly went out, Detroit did the same, and Dallas will punch it down his throat as well. Same way the Bears couldn't get a pass rush without Tank. Same way Carolina couldn't pass very well without Smith or Del Homme, same way Denver couldn't win at home (where they win 90% of their games because it's so freaking loud). That's the NFL. Why pretend like the Packers are full strenght. I just don't understand it. If the Pcakers win, they did it overcoming all obsticals (inuries and a bad schedule). It will be the most impressive win in many years. If they lose, they can still come back and make/win the SB. I call a spade a spade. When I think they have thing going for them, I call it. When I think they have a lot to overcome, I call that too. If they're missing two of their top 7 Dlineman (the heart of that defense) in the playoffs, I won't have a lot of hope. I'll go in with doubt. If they go in fully healthy coming off a bye week, I think they'll go to the SB. I hope the Patriots have bad health (esspecially with Moss) because I think injury makes that big of a difference. I think its' our only shot.

RashanGary
11-26-2007, 09:49 PM
For what it's worth, bulldog, I think there is a good chance I pay you $20. If Favre gets down, he will undoubtedly go crazy at the end and either win it or spread the gap. In those situations, it's more likely that he widens the gap and in that case, I lose :(

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Well I hope I will be sending you $20 and I really hope that even in defeat, Brett plays well. With as well as he has been playing, it would be a shame for him to have one of his bad games. I think he is beyond that now but...

Guiness
11-26-2007, 10:35 PM
I never understand why people look at historical games to help predict current ones. 89? What the heck does that have to do with this week's game? Even the games played in 94 or 95. Favre was there for them, and I think Flozelle was, but anyone else? How does the outcome of those games determine the current one?

sooner6600
11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I am with GBGary; Favre is 0-8 in Irving.
I did get to see Bart Starr's first Packer win at the hole in the roof stadium
when Golden Richards droped a pass. The crowd was so shocked that
you could hear the ball hit the ground.

Sooner.

take the points and run........ run very fast......

AtlPackFan
11-27-2007, 04:05 PM
How come no one has started a "Predict the Score" thread. The Pack doesn't have a chance if I can't predict their loss! :wink:

Carolina_Packer
11-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Sun 9/9 NY Giants W 45-35
Sun 9/16 at Miami W 37-20
Sun 9/23 at Chicago W 34-10
Sun 9/30 St. Louis W 35-7
Mon 10/8 at Buffalo W 25-24
Sun 10/14 New England L 27-48
Sun 10/21 Minnesota W 24-14
bye
Sun 11/4 at Philadelphia W 38-17
Sun 11/11 at NY Giants W 31-20
Sun 11/18 Washington W 28-23
Thu 11/22 NY Jets W 34-3

Ok, they've smoked some teams, and so have the Pack. They've played close games, and so have the Pack. The thing that encourages me is the Buffalo game where they were able to come up with a game plan and get Romo to play a horrible game. The Minnesota game was close until the Longwell field goal was blocked and run back, and Adrian Peterson didn't even have a great game. The most recent game that encourages me is Jason Campbell's performance against them when Washington had a chance to beat them at Big D a few weeks ago, but came up short. If Campbell was a little more accurate on the post route to Santana Moss, Washington could have won. We have a considerably better quarterback than Jason Campbell. We have a considerably better offense than Washington, yet they hung with Dallas and made it a close game. We have a banged up defense, but anything is possible in terms of someone stepping up. Some assume Dallas is going to come out like a machine and take it to us. They might...or they might lay an egg or come and struggle. Again, they have had some good wins and are 10-1, but they are not invincible.

If the Pack plays like they are capable of, and can come up with a game plan to minimize Dallas' offense, we can win. If we spread them out with 5 receivers, we can pick them apart if Favre has enough time and he doesn't need much. If they bring pressure, and can't get to Brett, he could rip them to shreds. If they drop back and play zones, our receivers can find holes and get YAC. We can not only hang with these guys, we can win.