PDA

View Full Version : If the Packers win on Thursday

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know what time their plane will arrive in GB? Will it be Thursday evening or Friday am? If they win, I was thinking about taking my three kids to the airport to welcome them home. I did this when they beat the 49ers in the playoffs IN 95?? (Simmons forced fumble, recovered by Newsome for the TD)ALONG WITH ABOUT 10-15,000 other Packers fans. wAS A GREAT TIME, We shook Reggie's hand :D

RashanGary
11-26-2007, 05:00 PM
A little early for that, no?

FritzDontBlitz
11-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know what time their plane will arrive in GB? Will it be Thursday evening or Friday am? If they win, I was thinking about taking my three kids to the airport to welcome them home. I did this when they beat the 49ers in the playoffs IN 95?? (Simmons forced fumble, recovered by Newsome for the TD)ALONG WITH ABOUT 10-15,000 other Packers fans. wAS A GREAT TIME, We shook Reggie's hand :D

A pretty good comparison. Not many gave them a chance of winning that game. I remember being at work that Saturday afternoon and being laughed out of the cafeteria for bragging on the Packers, while everyone else was expecting the 49ers to embarass them in the playoff game. When I started getting updates over the radio I was so excited I could barely work.

And no, I don't think its too early to plan the victory party, unless you're a member of the team....

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
early?? I think the Cowboys will win but if the Pack wins, the state will go nuts and if they arrive at the airport at a decent time, I bet thousands will be there to welcome them home. I have three kids so I need to plan ahead :lol:

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 05:18 PM
early?? I think the Cowboys will win but if the Pack wins, the state will go nuts and if they arrive at the airport at a decent time, I bet thousands will be there to welcome them home. I have three kids so I need to plan ahead :lol:

I TOTALLY agree. I don't see us winning this game due to injuries and home field advantage, but if they pull this one off, HUGE!! If they can get past the injuries and beat Dallas in Dallas, we are probably going to the Superbowl, and they will exceed my expectations. They can lose this game and still get to the Superbowl, the Cowboys have the advantage here, but, with Brett, who knows, I do think Romo might be nervous and throw some picks. But, if they win, I hope thousands meet them at the airport, it would be a worthy win.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Injuries, sminjuries. Stop the excuses, you sound like a Bears fan.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM

Man that brings back memories. I got to shake Reggie's hand in my only pilgrimage to Lambeau. It was the 96' game with the Chargers the year they won the superbowl. Fun stuff, great memories.

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Injuries, sminjuries. Stop the excuses, you sound like a Bears fan.

Screw you. My post was in total agreement with yours. You also said you didn't expect us to win. Injuries, sminjuries my ass, if Jolly, Woodson, Cole, and others can't play, of course that will impact the game. If all those guys were healthy I WOULD expect us to win IN Dallas. We have the overall better team, IMO, but, if that team is sitting on the sidelines ... well, you just can't dismiss that.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Are we better than Denver than cause it took us OT to beat them and they were down their leading rusher and their best WR? Can't have it both ways.

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Are we better than Denver than cause it took us OT to beat them and they were down their leading rusher and their best WR? Can't have it both ways.

I think Denver IS one of the better teams in the league, and with Stokely, Marshall, and Walker, with that running game, and Cutlers arm, and their pretty good defense, they could beat anyone in the league at home. They are better than people think. Javon being hurt has definitely hurt them. If you just discount injuries, that's just ignorant. Teams bust their asses all offseason to pick up the right draft choices and free agents, and practice and practice and practice to get repetition because having that repitition with the SAME players helps build franchises. Look at how Indy looks with just a couple of key injuries. They lost two in a row before getting a couple guys back and ADJUSTED to having Harrison out. I might sound like a Bears fan, but not one of the dumb ones.

BEARMAN
11-26-2007, 06:08 PM

I think Denver IS one of the better teams in the league, and with Stokely, Marshall, and Walker, with that running game, and Cutlers arm, and their pretty good defense, they could beat anyone in the league at home. They are better than people think. Javon being hurt has definitely hurt them. If you just discount injuries, that's just ignorant. Teams bust their asses all offseason to pick up the right draft choices and free agents, and practice and practice and practice to get repetition because having that repitition with the SAME players helps build franchises. Look at how Indy looks with just a couple of key injuries. They lost two in a row before getting a couple guys back and ADJUSTED to having Harrison out. " I might be a Bears fan, but not one of the dumb ones". :shock:

I KNEW it, I knew you were a closet BEARS fan ! Welcome to the brighter side ! :twisted: Soon you all will se the light, the bright shining light of Da BEARS ! 8-)

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 06:09 PM
4th and 12, settle down. Just playing devils advocate.

BEARMAN
11-26-2007, 06:10 PM
" IF " Stop living in the land of "IF" ! :twisted:

4and12to12and4
11-26-2007, 06:12 PM
4th and 12, settle down. Just playing devils advocate.

Me settle down? See what you've started, now you got Bearman in here talking shit. Shame!!!!!!

:no:

MJZiggy
11-26-2007, 06:16 PM
I think Bearman needs his sig adjusted a wee bit...Bearman, I kinda like our ifs...you know IF we get home field advvantage throughout, IF we win out...what were the Bears "ifs" again? Oh. Right. IF you get out of the toilet of the division...That's an interesting little thing to ponder for a while.

BEARMAN
11-26-2007, 06:22 PM
I do not live in the land of "IF" ! There is no "IF" about it, either Da BEARS win out, or they do not go to the P/O's, simple ! Not too hard to figure out (even for you cheeseheads) winout or look to next season.(like your pack has done the last few years) :twisted:

swede
11-26-2007, 06:46 PM

My son is now 13. He was a babe in my arms when that play happened. I damn near spiked the poor kid. (I thought Gabe Wilkins (?) returned the TD, though.)

It would be a great idea to welcome them back. Keep us posted.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 07:37 PM
We need to get this ball rolling so the masses can call into the TV stations ect so they know that there is interest in this, which will then have them reporting the estimated time of arrival of the Packers so the fans can gather at Austin Straubel to welcome the Packers back. This will only happen if we win but I remember when we beat the niners, the TV STATIONS HAD REPORTERS at the airport and there was a band playing music to keep everyone entertained until the team arrived. The TV stations kind of started it by telling us all when they were arriving, they got the word out.

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Simmons jarred the ball out and Newsome picked it up and ran for the TD. I think Derrick Lovelle fumbled it.

Freak Out
11-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Who do the Packers charter with?

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I have no idea. GBM need to help us out here :?:

Badgerinmaine
11-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Soon you all will se the light, the bright shining light of Da BEARS ! 8-)

So that's what those pale specks of light were in our rear view mirror. Thanks for clearing that up. :mrgreen:

GBRulz
11-26-2007, 09:28 PM
I have no idea. GBM need to help us out here :?:

That would be Northwest Airlines!

I may not be 100% on this, but I know some of the security measures have changed since 9/11 and I'm not sure that the players come through the main gate anymore, I believe they use a separate gate. Quite honestly, it's been a while since I've heard about them getting any kind of a greeting after an away game, so I'm not for sure about it.

I do know though that they charter a NW plane and then a limo bus picks them up and drives them back to the stadium. In fact, on a bachelorette party a couple years ago we had one of the limo bus drivers for us and oh the stories we heard.... that would make for a nice article.

MJZiggy
11-26-2007, 09:47 PM
You know what I'd have to say about that, right?

b bulldog
11-28-2007, 07:28 PM
There was some fans at the airport today sending the team off to BIg D.

Iron Mike
11-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Simmons jarred the ball out and Newsome picked it up and ran for the TD. I think Derrick Lovelle fumbled it.

Adam Walker, IIRC.

Iron Mike
11-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Yep, Adam Walker:

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/0403/pbox106.html