PDA

View Full Version : Do you root for the Bears to lose, no matter who they play?

motife
11-26-2007, 08:02 PM
I was bitterly disappointed yesterday after watching the miraculous comeback of the Bears, who were trailing Denver 34-20 with 10:38 to go in the 4th quarter, despite TWO special team TD's by Devin Hester, which puts him at 10 in 27 games.

As one who can barely watch a live Packer game because I get so INCREDIBLY nervous, and usually Tivo it so I can watch only after I know the outcome, I can only really enjoy myself when the Bears lose, and have spent many a happy hour listening to the suicidal Bear sports call in shows whenever the Bears do lose. They have SUCH an inflated view of their ability and worth as an NFL franchise, when they're actually a very boring team. I was most disappointed because my afternoon was ruined because I COULDN'T listen to the call in shows.

Packer post game call in shows aren't very interesting, in my opinion, even after a win. Usually the callers really have nothing to say, just are breathless, "driving home from Lambeau" and want to say hi to their brother or mom.

What's up with the Vikings and the Bears yesterday? 5 return TD's, a blocked punt? And even Detroit almost pulled off a last minute miracle.

Tom Coughlin, the NYG's coach was interesting in his press conference, "I would really like to see how that game would have turned out WITHOUT all those turnovers."

Btw, I'm around a lot of NYC people lately, (because I'm working with and driving around a prez candidate from there), and they tell me that yes NYC people are as rude as Chicagoans, but that "we're rude because we're efficient. Chicagoans are rude because they're bitter."

you can see me here. I think it's the last couple photos. I'm standing in front of an Escalade, and engulfing the guest of honor with a hug in the last photo.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5547&l=6ee97&id=605353733

b bulldog
11-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I wanted them to beat the broncos. I don't want any north team having a high draft pick next year.

vince
11-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Ruuu-DY!, Ruuu-DY! Good luck with your support for Rudy.

And I agree, when the Bears lose, the world is just a better place in which to live.

Badgerinmaine
11-26-2007, 08:30 PM
The poll question and the headline asked different things. If it had no effect on the Packers, I'd be happy to see the Bears beat Dallas.

oregonpackfan
11-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Normally, I would want to see the Bears lose, if they are an NFC team.

For the past half dozen years, we have been constantly hearing the AFC is superior to the NFC. So when the Bears, an NFC team, beat the Broncos, an AFC team, I was happy for the Bears.

I think a few weeks ago, some poster recorded the won-loss record for the interconference play. At the time, the NFC held an edge to the AFC team. I don't know if that is still true.

Ok, you stat guys(girls) out there, what is the current record for interconference team play?

FritzDontBlitz
11-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Even if the Bears are 0-15 playing another 0-15 team, I still would rather see them lose. It sucks having to listen to their delusional drivel for another week. The thing is, I still enjoyed watching a very exciting game and if they played well I will give them credit. They played well in the 4th quarter, Denver did not.

By the way, does Adam Archuleta suck or what?

Iron Mike
11-27-2007, 07:40 AM
By the way, does Adam Archuleta suck or what?

Is Urlacher overrated or what??? :roll:

MTPackerfan
11-27-2007, 10:01 AM
I voted yes, with one exception. I hate the Cowboys more so unless we want the Bears to lose for divisional purposes, I would root for the Bears over the Cowboys.

MadScientist
11-27-2007, 11:30 AM
The poll and the topic title do not match. I enjoy watching the Bears lose. I don't always root for them to lose, because in some cases it will help the Packers if the Bears win. I just have to think of it is rooting for the Bears to help the Packers.

The Shadow
11-27-2007, 08:49 PM
I always root against the Bears. Always. Always Always.
Personally, the Vikings rivalry is just without any passion for me.
I hate the Bears.
The universe is therefore in perfect balance.