bye
Mon 10/29 at Denver W 19-13
Sun 11/4 at Kansas City W 33-22
Sun 11/11 Minnesota W 34-0
Sun 11/18 Carolina W 31-17
Thu 11/22 at Detroit W 37-26

oregonpackfan
11-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Those numbers certainly do look great, Harvey.

The simple numbers of 10-1 also bring a contented smile to my face! :)

OS PA
11-27-2007, 12:30 AM
296 - 185

That's a pretty good difference.

Tony Oday
11-27-2007, 12:34 AM
:glug:

:rock:

shammye06
11-27-2007, 04:13 AM
If you go back 15 regular season games, the Packers have the same record (14-1) as the New England Patriots. I thought that was interesting. :shock:

Him8123
11-27-2007, 05:25 AM
yea but what sux is that chicago one seem to stand out like a 4 inch pimple

Badgerinmaine
11-27-2007, 05:34 AM
It is one heckuva beauty, Harv--and I hope you'll be able to post an even more beautiful update Friday morning. :pack: :bclap: :pack:

Freak Out
11-27-2007, 06:20 AM
:glug:

Been a great year for the Packers so far.
Here's to them keeping it going.

:glug: :cow:

b bulldog
11-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanksgiving 06 to thanksgiving 07, 14-1

hoosier
11-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Most encouraging of all is the offensive evolution they've made since the bye week, as reflected by the typical scores before and after. Hopefully that continues for the last four games and then we can say they peaked at the right time and became a dominant team in teh second half.

pbmax
11-27-2007, 08:24 AM
And it makes for an excuse to calculate this:

Pythagorean Win Formula, by taking the square of team runs scored and dividing it by the square of team runs scored plus the square of team runs allowed. For the NFL, the best exponent is 2.37, not just squared. But without my handy dandy Texas Instruments calc, the best I can do on short notice is square it:

296 - 185

87616/(87616+34225)=87616/121841=.7191011 win percentage

Packers Pythagorean Wins: 11 games * .7191011 = 7.91 wins = 8 wins

Nothing like beating ALL your expectations.

296 - 185

That's a pretty good difference.

pbmax
11-27-2007, 09:17 AM
With the correct exponent:

719384.96218/(719384.96218 + 236154.91908) = .752857 x 11 games = 8.281427 wins

Still beating expectations.

Fun with javascript and exponents. OK, I need to get some actual work done.

BF4MVP
11-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Pack has been unreal this year..Major props to Mike McCarthy and Brett Favre, as well as the rest of the team. They all seem to be doing their part...They don't seem complacent at all either, they just seem to get better every week.

PS If I'm a GM and I'm able to get a runningback like Ryan Grant for a sixth round pick, I'll take that trade any day of the week. He's pretty much been the answer to our problems in the running game.

Guiness
11-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Can't be anything but estatic over the record.

Man though - that Chicago game stands out. What would people been saying if we'd won that one?????

However, I think it's probably easier for the Pack having lost that game. The scrutiny and pressure if they hadn't would be unbelievable - they'd be in a fishbowl. I just wish we'd lost it to someone else :evil: :arrow: :!:

BEARMAN
11-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Sun 10/7 Chicago L 20-27

I like this one ! :twisted:

HarveyWallbangers
11-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Just like last year, I see a split. The Bears aren't good enough to sweep the Pack this year.

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Sun 10/7 Chicago L 20-27

I like this one ! :twisted:That game came gift wrapped. Don't expect it to happen again.

BEARMAN
11-27-2007, 08:26 PM
I am watching NFL Replay and I just LUV the sound of, .... TOUCHDOWN BEARS ! 8-)

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 08:27 PM
We always tend to love those sounds we don't hear too much...

BEARMAN
11-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Sun 10/7 Chicago L 20-27

I like this one ! :twisted:That game came gift wrapped. Don't expect it to happen again.

This one means something ! Playing in our house, post season play in the ballance, ..... you LOOSE ! :twisted:

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 08:31 PM
There's no post season play in the balance. The Packers will not have a problem making the playoffs.

Carolina_Packer
11-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Sun 10/7 Chicago L 20-27

This one means something ! Playing in our house, post season play in the ballance, ..... you LOOSE ! :twisted:

Bearman, if you're going to taunt, at least spell the word right...it's lose! Think of loose as a football in Rex Grossman's hands, and lose as in what you will do to the Packers on 12/23. Hope that helps!

BEARMAN
11-27-2007, 11:41 PM
THANK YOU for the spelling and gramar leason ! I am deeply moved you think so much of me to help me improove my writing skills !

Scott Campbell
11-27-2007, 11:55 PM
THANK YOU for the spelling and gramar leason ! I am deeply moved you think so much of me to help me improove my writing skills !

Yeah, well you just called Ziggy "loose".

NOT VERY NICE.

Merlin
11-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Sun 10/7 Chicago L 20-27

What will the excuse be this year? "I was thinking about Santa Claus"?

BF4MVP
11-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Sun 10/7 Chicago L 20-27

What will the excuse be this year? "I was thinking about Santa Claus"?
hahaha well played, Merlin. :D

TrainWrex after he throws three picks against the Pack on 12/23: "I mean, come on. It's the day before Christmas Eve and I was thinking about putting the finishing touches on my Christmas list. The Bears aren't going to make the playoffs anyways, so what's the point of preparing?"

Carolina_Packer
11-28-2007, 02:29 PM

Just playin', Bearman. I always look forward to your posts. When I scroll down through a post and see the instantly recognizable avatar, I always stop to see if you talked a little junk.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2186/rexgrossmansucksyi4.jpg This made me laugh!

4and12to12and4
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, who knows, if Bearman spends enough time in here, he might end up like Rastak, and start secretly wearing the green and gold.

But to comment on the thread, I am in such disbelief about us being 10-1. It just doesn't seem real. I knew that Brett wasn't ready for retirement, but I honestly think that McCarthy has a special connection with him, and has a way of communicating offensive schemes with him, and has come up with some great game planning and I think Brett has actually learned how to be a better QB since his arrival. Brett is smarter with the ball than he has ever been, and is reading defenses better than ever in his career. Brett has always been awesome, but I have never seen him play this good for this long a span since he came into the league. I credit MM for that. When you watch these two together, you can tell they have a special relationship, and Brett really respects and likes MM. I think it's because of his great offensive mind and his toughness. Brett and he seem to just be a good match. Our offense right now is more exciting than ever, even better than when we had Walker. Brett needs to throw more to Ruvell though, I think he could be one of the best WR's in the league, and could be our #1 receiver. I love his size and hands. We have seven offensive players that are capable of 100 yard games receiving at any time. And they all have very good hands. James Jones' hands and YAC are excellent. He gets open ALOT. This is such an awesome year. I can't wait for the game tomorrow night. I will go apenuts if we somehow pull it off. That would be unbelievable.

HarveyWallbangers
11-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Brett needs to throw more to Ruvell though, I think he could be one of the best WR's in the league, and could be our #1 receiver.

Man, you had me until here. Ruvell is a great #4/#5 receiver, but this is a tad much.

4and12to12and4
11-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Brett needs to throw more to Ruvell though, I think he could be one of the best WR's in the league, and could be our #1 receiver.

Man, you had me until here. Ruvell is a great #4/#5 receiver, but this is a tad much.

Hmm. I don't know why you don't see his potential. He has the size and quickness, and he has huge hands that are very good. He could be the deep threat at any given time, we just don't give him the opportunity. Do you remember how great he was last year in final game against Chicago, when he and Holiday were the starters? He really showed me a lot in that game, and the little turnaround catch for the TD in the endzone against Detroit showed his athletic ability. Favre could make him a star, IMO.

HarveyWallbangers
11-28-2007, 03:10 PM
He has size and good hands. He has little quickness. In fact, he's well below average in quickness. That's why he's not starting. That's why not many teams wanted him. He provides a dimension the team lacks. He's also smart and assignment sure. He's a nice guy to have as a backup and he's an asset in the redzone.

4and12to12and4
11-28-2007, 03:19 PM
He has size and good hands. He has little quickness. In fact, he's well below average in quickness. That's why he's not starting. That's why not many teams wanted him. He provides a dimension the team lacks. He's also smart and assignment sure. He's a nice guy to have as a backup and he's an asset in the redzone.

You don't have to run the 40 in 4.3 seconds to be successful in this league. His size and tenacity could make him a great receiver. With Brett's accuracy, he could throw it high, and Ruvell doesn't have to be open to make the catch. That's why he could be a great threat. He has excellent hands, and isn't afraid to fight for the ball. 4th or 5th at best? Do you really think he's that slow?

The Leaper
11-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Yeah...our top 3 are nice receivers, but none of them are dominant forces in the redzone. That is where Martin and Robinson could become very valuable late in the year and into the postseason.

Martin doesn't have the speed to be an effective starting receiver. I think he has the potential to be a #3 for a lot of teams though. I doubt he can get past Driver, Jennings or Jones in Grene Bay though.

SkinBasket
11-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Hmm. I don't know why you don't see his potential. He has the size and quickness, and he has huge hands that are very good. He could be the deep threat at any given time, we just don't give him the opportunity. Do you remember how great he was last year in final game against Chicago, when he and Holiday were the starters? He really showed me a lot in that game, and the little turnaround catch for the TD in the endzone against Detroit showed his athletic ability. Favre could make him a star, IMO.

You're the same guy that was arguing last week that Jackson's a better, tougher RB than Grant, aren't you?

mraynrand
11-28-2007, 03:30 PM
The passing game really accelerated once Robinson returned. He immediately passed R Martin on the depth chart. R Martin was the #2 late last season and got little separation against #2 corners. This year as a #5 receiver, he's dominant. That's right, dominant. He's a 3-4 receiver on most teams, but on the Packers, he's #5, which makes him a great asset - because he can beat the coverage put on a #5 receiver. But be real - On the depth chart he dropped below a guy who had been out of football for a year and he was already behind a rookie. He's not starting material. Period.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-28-2007, 03:43 PM

You don't have to run the 40 in 4.3 seconds to be successful in this league. His size and tenacity could make him a great receiver. With Brett's accuracy, he could throw it high, and Ruvell doesn't have to be open to make the catch. That's why he could be a great threat. He has excellent hands, and isn't afraid to fight for the ball. 4th or 5th at best? Do you really think he's that slow?

The race isn't always to the strong and to the swift, but that is the way to bet.

Martin is slow. There is a reason he went to Saginaw for college. There is a reason he wasn't drafted and was a free agent twice over.

Jennings runs in the low 4.4s and isn't considered to be a blazer like other small wide receivers..that was one of the knocks on him coming outta college.

The last time Ruvell was clocked on Fieldturf for the 40 it as 4.58. That is SLOW. Slower than most running backs.

Ruvell is what he is. A nice 4th or 5th string guy. If you wanna root for the underdog I applaud you. But, ruvell isn't starting material on a decent to good team.

If you want him to start then you prolly want Chatman back as well.

Joemailman
11-28-2007, 05:43 PM

At least you spelled spelling right! :P

mraynrand
11-29-2007, 07:35 AM
If you want him to start then you prolly want Chatman back as well.

Why can't Brett win with Chatman and Andre Thurman? Those guys are just as good as Harrison and Wayne!!!!!!