View Full Version : NFLTA: Ryan Grant feature

packers11
11-27-2007, 01:02 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8049083c

awesome video on Grant...

the_idle_threat
11-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Pretty much a standard fluff piece. The reporter chick is a looker, though. :satan:

swede
11-27-2007, 07:44 AM
Daryn Colledge got a chance to highlight his own block on Grant's big cutback run against Detroit. Staying engaged like that is what allows a good runner to do his work. If Colledge can continue to get thicker and stronger he may yet make a good lineman for us.

And yeah, that blonde knows how to work a room.

Badgerinmaine
11-27-2007, 07:53 AM
I thought they did a good job of bringing out his personality, and I liked what I saw of it (and Colledge's too). I will also second both resolutions above about the reporter 8-)

MadtownPacker
11-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Grant is turning out to be a tough SOB. He made some sick moves on the fieldturf last Thursday. When do we start his fan club?

MTPackerfan
11-27-2007, 10:00 AM
excellent video, love this kind of stuff, thanks for posting.

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Grant is turning out to be a tough SOB. He made some sick moves on the fieldturf last Thursday. When do we start his fan club?

So start it!! Grant's Gang anyone?

oregonpackfan
11-27-2007, 10:30 AM

Grant's Gang sounds good to me.

Since she came up with the name, I nominate MJZiggy as the gang leader of "Grant's Gang." Her physical presence alone can strike fear in the hearts of any football fan! :lol:

Carolina_Packer
11-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Fluff piece or not, it's nice to see him get some exposure/love for what he's done. At the very least, his performance so far is very encouraging, like a player has been found. I hope 4and12 is right about Brandon Jackson being better, because that would be a nice problem to have. I'm guessing that DWynn is hanging by a thread, seeing as how they IR'd him so quickly, like "OK, dumbass, get it together, get your conditioning, come back next year and show us something or you gone."

Seeing how good a family guy Grant seems to be, and how humble and what a good teammate he appears to be, I hope he continues to be the guy.

Just when you are cursing TT for the tough situation at RB, he goes and pulls off a deal with the Giants that appears to be working as of now anyway. Let's hope it continues to look one-sided. I emailed a NY sports writer for more info on Grant a few weeks ago, and he said the Giants really did like Grant, but that he was stuck down on the depth chart, so they got what they could for him.

Guiness
11-27-2007, 12:15 PM
For some reason I feel good about this guy as being a long term answer. I don't know about the rest of you, but our last 'flash in the pan', Gado, never inspired this much confidence. I never heard people talking about him getting the tough yards, etc. The Pack seems more dedicated to him, whereas I think it was always known Gado was 'just a guy'.

Seems different with this guy, and I hope it continues!

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-27-2007, 01:40 PM

Can I join? :D

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Absolutely!!

Carolina_Packer
11-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Classy avatar PackFaninMD. Nice tribute.

retailguy
11-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Absolutely!!

What about me? I'm off the Deshawn Wynn bandwagon. I was only a fair weather supporter anyhow. Just don't really like those low work ethic guys. They remind me of Justin Harrell. :P

retailguy
11-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh, by the way - I prefer "Grant's Groupies".... It's got a better ring to it, esp. for a fan club led by the fairer sex... :shock: :twisted:

Bretsky
11-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Oh, by the way - I prefer "Grant's Groupies".... It's got a better ring to it, esp. for a fan club led by the fairer sex... :shock: :twisted:

Gang Grant is best IMO. There are a few charter members in his fan club who jumped on his wagon from the very first move he made on that first screen pass.

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 11:25 PM

Are you really trying to tell me you want to be a member of a group called "Grant's Groupies?"

B, can you bump the Gang Grant thread? I see a merger in the works to create a powerful force...

Bretsky
11-27-2007, 11:34 PM

Are you really trying to tell me you want to be a member of a group called "Grant's Groupies?"

B, can you bump the Gang Grant thread? I see a merger in the works to create a powerful force...

I will look for it; help, anybody if you remember the name ??

But nobody started a specific club yet; we were jokingly fighting over patent infringement rights :lol: as well as exactly what to call it. Maxie the Taxie, HW, and myself all were seeking patent rights; of course the reality is we all saw good in Ryan Grant after that very first move he made.....I think against the NY Giants on the screen play. It was wishful thinking at that point; but once in a while that turns out to be true.

I'd suggest Grant's Grailees but that would offend all the hottie gal lovin gals who are so into that kingdom.

HarveyWallbangers
11-27-2007, 11:36 PM
I think the three you mentioned, plus one other poster (it escapes me who it was) have essentially claimed they were on the Ryan Grant bandwagon first. It's a big bandwagon, and I'm willing to share the honors with the other three.
:D

Bretsky
11-27-2007, 11:46 PM
I think the three you mentioned, plus one other poster (it escapes me who it was) have essentially claimed they were on the Ryan Grant bandwagon first. It's a big bandwagon, and I'm willing to share the honors with the other three.
:D

I think it was Esoxx; we all jumped aboard very very soon. Maybe we need to start a poll to officially create the name.

What do you think ?

the_idle_threat
11-27-2007, 11:57 PM
plus one other poster (it escapes me who it was)
I think it was FritzDontBlitz.

HarveyWallbangers
11-28-2007, 04:39 PM
From Yahoo Sports:

Ryan Grant (GB) – The Packers probably won't be shopping for a free agent like Michael Turner this offseason because they have definitely found something very good in Grant, who continues to look liked a seasoned veteran, if not a Pro Bowl caliber player.

MadtownPacker
11-28-2007, 08:13 PM
The best thing about Grant is that he has made us believe big things can happen in January. He is what is so special about the NFL versus just about any other professional sport, A nobody can rise out of the ashes to become of star. He sure looks like he is on his way.

Carolina_Packer
11-28-2007, 09:37 PM
The best thing about Grant is that he has made us believe big things can happen in January. He is what is so special about the NFL versus just about any other professional sport, A nobody can rise out of the ashes to become of star. He sure looks like he is on his way.

Well said.