PDA

View Full Version : Ricky one and done... Out for season...

packers11
11-27-2007, 02:55 PM
pft.com

RICKY DONE FOR SEASON
by Michael David Smith

The Ricky Williams comeback tour lasted one game and six carries.

Tim Graham of the Palm Beach Post reports that Williams' season is over after he suffered a torn chest muscle in Monday night's loss to the Steelers. The injury will require about four months to fully recover, Graham reports.

The injury took place in the second quarter, when Williams was hit, fumbled and fell to the ground and was then stepped on by Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons. It was Williams' first game in almost two years, after he was suspended for violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.

"It's just sad," Graham quotes Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg, saying. "As hard as he's worked. He worked so hard physically to get back into shape and in therapy. He worked so hard for that moment and to have it end this way is sad."

Graham reports that the Dolphins want Williams to rehab the injury at the team's facilities, indicating that they're open to having Williams on the team in 2008.

Tarlam!
11-27-2007, 03:10 PM
People make mistakes.

But this guy deserves all the crap he can get. How can one justify smoking away a God-given talent? How can one, in light of the poverty we know about all over the world, simply smoke away one's potential?

Then, when one realizes one is in financial deep shit, one tries to find one's self to one's roots.

Total and utter hypocrisy. I hope he rots.

The Leaper
11-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Perhaps he can get a legal medical marajuana prescription now...to ease his pain?

:P

LL2
11-27-2007, 03:39 PM
He has become a comical joke. I'm sure he still is getting a nice check this year. Why would the Dolphins want him back?

swede
11-27-2007, 03:47 PM
I bear no ill will toward Ricky, but I'm no fan either. He had talent and wasted it, which is sad.

With that torn muscle aching and aching like it probably is right now, I wonder if the sweet smell of burning ganja is calling to him: "Forget your worries and pain, bra."

MadScientist
11-27-2007, 03:52 PM
My sympathy for Ricky is limited, but I do feel sorry for the hapless fins. The only breaks they catch this year are in their players bodies.

AtlPackFan
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Perhaps he can get a legal medical marajuana prescription now...to ease his pain?

Yeah, but with a torn chest muscle, its going to be hard to inhale. :wink:

swede
11-27-2007, 04:08 PM

Yeah, but with a torn chest muscle, its going to be hard to inhale. :wink:

So bake the man some brownies. :whist:

Jimx29
11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I kind of cringed when they showed the replay of the boot to the chest :|

Tyrone Bigguns
11-27-2007, 06:00 PM
I kind of cringed when they showed the replay of the boot to the chest :|

I thought he stepped on his back? Was it the chest?

The Leaper
11-27-2007, 10:05 PM
There was a nice stomping placed on upper back/shoulder.

It was high enough that it conceivably could have caused an injury to the chest when compressed into the ground. But the foot was definitely put to Ricky's back, not his chest. He was lying on his stomach when he got stepped on.

the_idle_threat
11-28-2007, 01:13 AM

:P.

:lol: :lol: :lol: