PDA

View Full Version : KGB!!

RashanGary
11-27-2007, 04:38 PM
"It feels good," said Gbaja-Biamila, whose right leg was bent under him in an ugly collision Thursday at Detroit. "We're going just to take it day by day and everything. It's a coach's call, but I feel good. I'm ready to play. I think that when I'm out there, I'm going to be ready to go 100 percent. ... It's a big game, and I want to be in it."

The Cowboys are going to move the ball, but they will get themselves into trouble a couple times in a game with a 2nd or 3rd and long but they also have the horses to get it done on 3rd and long so they are a very dangerous team. IT's hard to stop drives with a team like Dallas. It's hard to stop them from scoring.

However; KGB, Williams and Kampman give the Packers three legitimate pass rushers in the front 4. All of them are among the leagues best at their position. As good as Romo, TO, Witten and company are, there is not much any team can do to immediate pass rush with just 4.

If KGB plays and plays well, I think the Packers have a better chance of keeping Dallas' score down than Dallas does keeping ours down. As soon as they make a mistake, we have the pass rushers to make them pay for it by not allowing them to bail themselves out. I also think the Packers will win the ST's battle, so the Dallas O is going to have to overcome that as well.

Anyway, this is a great sign IMO. I think KGB, Kamp and Williams together on pass downs arew a big part of our defenses top 5 success and if KGB plays well, I think it tips the scale in the Packers favor (despite what Vegas says)

HarveyWallbangers
11-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Him saying he'll play and him actually playing are two different things. McCarthy has been very cautious with his injured players this year. I hope he plays, but I also hope he plays at 100% and doesn't injure himself for the long haul.

RashanGary
11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I'd give him a try in this one. If it acts up, then sit him out untill the playoffs or whenever he's 100%.

I think Woodson will play. It's just torn toe tissue (turf toe). It hurts, but he can go. I really want KGB to play too. I think we can slow them down enough to where our offense and ST's can win the game for us. If KGB is out, I picture too many drives where we do everything right and then they bail themselves out because Romo has all day. I don't want that to happen. I don't want Dallas to get away with doubling Kamp, Chipping Williams and then haveing Romo just pick us apart. I wnat that third guy to make it impossible for them to block. KGB gives us that. He's not a superstud all by himself, but the whole (with KGB) is better than the sum of the parts. He brings only one thing, but that one thing is exactly what makes our 3rd down defense the best in the league and gets Dallas' offense off the field. If KGB plays, we win. Our offense can score more on their suspect defense than they can on ours (if healthy) and that is before we factor in our superior ST's. Without KGB though, it could get desasterous with them converting 3rd and longs, taking the heart out of our defense and putting too many points on the board for our O/ST's to over come. Winning this game comes down to us getting off the field on defense. Without KGB, Kamp and Williams together, I don't think we cna do that.

LL2
11-27-2007, 05:13 PM
It's funny how we see KGB as valuable to the D. Some here wanted to see him cut because he's "overpaid." Jenkins has not produced like I thought he would, at least not in the sack department. M3 would be foolish not to start KGB and Woodson. The Pack need this game.

RashanGary
11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
LMFAO

Go listen to the KGB packers.com vid. It's hillarious to hear him talk about it. He's like "My brother called and said it looked like my knee was about to rip off, but I'm fine", he continued, "I don't know how I'm OK, everyone keeps telling me it looks like I shouldn't be able to walk, but god is with me, god is with me".

"the only thing holding me back is the trainers, I'm fine", he added.

YOu have to hear it though, it's just funny because every time he says he's OK, that ugly image of his leg bending like a gumby comes to my head and it cracks me up that he is fine.

I'll tell you what, If KGB is OK, I'm going to seriously reevaluate my relationship with god.

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 06:06 PM
You don't remember much about Reggie White's elbow injury that was supposed to knock him out for several weeks, do you?

RashanGary
11-27-2007, 06:07 PM
You don't remember much about Reggie White's elbow injury that was supposed to knock him out for several weeks, do you?

I thought it was a quad and it was supposed to be for the season.

RashanGary
11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
It was hillarious, one of the reporters said "but your leg looked like Gumby" and he's like "I don't know, what's gumby? I'm fine. It's my leg, or at least it looked like my leg. It's really just my ankle, but nobody can believe it. I'm fine" "The trainers are holding me back"

I want to go watch it again but it's kind of gross. KGB is truely touched by god. If you don't believe it just hearing the glow in his personality and feeling his magical spirit, just look at knee getting mangled and hear him talk about being fine 5 days later. Un-fucking-believable.

Oh he'll play. I wouid'nt be surpised if he Kills Romo on his first play. Just blasts right through him like gods revenge in the old testiment. This game is ours. This game is ours. <breaks out in laughter fulled with power and rage> bwahahahahah bwahahahaha. . . .

I'm going to bodog.com. There is a betting line calling my name, I think it's god wanting to bring good things to my life like he did with KGB.

PlantPage55
11-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh he'll play. I wouid'nt be surpised if he Kills Romo on his first play. Just blasts right through him like gods revenge in the old testiment. This game is ours. This game is ours. <breaks out in laughter fulled with power and rage> bwahahahahah bwahahahaha. . . .

Ha ha ha...that's the funniest thing I've read this week since this exchange between Tony Romo and a reporter!

Reporter: Have you ever spent time with Brett?

Tony Romo: Yeah, we dine together every week....

Reporter: Oh, so that's who you're dating now!

Iron Mike
11-27-2007, 07:00 PM

It was a torn hamstring.

Joe Theismann

"I knew Reggie White for many years during and after his playing career and I was fortunate to know and spend time with such an amazing human being. The last time I spent time with him was last year during a trip to Indianapolis and I only wish I'd spent more time with him because he was one of the dearest souls to ever put on a uniform. He was committed and outspoken in his beliefs, feared nothing and his commitment to God was No. 1 in his life.
I'll never forget his last season in Green Bay when I was broadcasting a game for Sunday Night Football. He'd torn his hamstring and I remember in the meeting I actually put my fingers in his leg where the hamstring was supposed to be. I expressed shock that he'd be able to play and he told me he put his faith in God that it'd be alright. He went out and had a great game and it was one of the greatest sights I've ever seen. His play that day convinced me of divine intervention. That was typical of the type of faith that Reggie White had. He knew God would take care of the situation.

On the football field, White was a rare combination of size, power and speed. He was one of those guys who stepped up and made special plays when his team needed him to come through. Like all great players he had a great sense of knowing when to seize the moment. That sense of the moment and greatness extended off the field as witnessed by those in his church's congregation. In 1999 White came to the rescue when an arsonist burned down his church. He knew his congregation needed him and he came through leading the fund raising drive to get the church rebuilt. That's his legacy.

It's a tragedy to lose someone so valuable to society at such a young age. I won't remember the passing of Reggie White, but I will remember his contributions and I'll celebrate his life because I had a chance to know the man."

We had Pepper Burruss speak at my church one time and he said that he could stick his fist into the hole in Reggie White's hamstring.

Lurker64
11-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Anybody who thought KGB was overpaid forgot both the value of situational pass rushers in this league and the sheer bounty we paid for R-Kal Truluck, a vastly inferior player.

Hope he plays. Did we ever get a diagnosis about the knee/ankle beyond "sprain"?

BallHawk
11-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Anybody know where I can see video of the injury? I only got a glance of it during the game.

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 08:22 PM

It was a torn hamstring.

Wow. It was both. And a third injury too. And by the way, this is a really good read.
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/1220/rev/reggie.html

b bulldog
11-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Turf toe is a major injury. I have heard that it is one of the most painful injuries to play with.

Guiness
11-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Quite right BD. I had TT, and it ended my football 'career'. Still hampers me almost 20yrs later, and I've had surgery once.

Hey, I see Simeon Rice has been released. If KGB can't play, what say we bring him in for a one gamer, like Indi just did??? :twisted: :P

HarveyWallbangers
11-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Mike Montgomery and Jason Hunter are better than Simeon Rice at this point.

MJZiggy
11-27-2007, 11:27 PM
I realize we've been down this road before, but, really, who names their kid Simeon?

FritzDontBlitz
11-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Turf toe is a major injury. I have heard that it is one of the most painful injuries to play with.

Turf toe is a bad injury, but players can still go with it. Walter Payton once played almost an entire season with one and still contributed heavily. But then, he was Walter Payton....

FritzDontBlitz
11-28-2007, 12:05 AM
I realize we've been down this road before, but, really, who names their kid Simeon?

LOL

Its a name taken from one of the 12 tribes of Israel in the bible.

MJZiggy
11-28-2007, 02:01 PM
There are literally hundreds of names in the Bible....surely she had to understand that this one was dangerously close to simian

4and12to12and4
11-28-2007, 03:15 PM
We have so much depth at dline, I'm not worried about it. Hunter and Montgomery could start for many teams. They were outstanding in the second half of the the Lions game. Woodson is what scares me. If he's out, we will probably lose this game, unless we can score 35 points. We need him, but more importantly, we need him healthy, if he isn't close to 100%, we should sit him, and let him get 17 days rest for the final quarter of the season. This game isn't that important, other than the confidence factor. We are almost assured a bye and first week home field. Who knows after that. If it's really cold and shitty at Lambeau, that could be an equalizer for a less talented team to come in and beat us, because the run game is not our strength. It might be better to play the NFC Championship game on the road. Plus, if Dallas beats us tomorrow, we still will probably get home field against every one but them in the playoffs and that means they'd have to beat us twice. That's hard to do. Beating them tomorrow might not actually be the best thing for the team, as weird as that sounds. It certainly wouldn't hurt us much. Confidence is the biggest pro to winning this game, IMO. It might be the only pro.

The Leaper
11-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Hunter and Montgomery could start for many teams.

Let's not get ridiculous here, people.

3irty1
11-28-2007, 04:22 PM
We have so much depth at dline, I'm not worried about it. Hunter and Montgomery could start for many teams. They were outstanding in the second half of the the Lions game. Woodson is what scares me. If he's out, we will probably lose this game, unless we can score 35 points. We need him, but more importantly, we need him healthy, if he isn't close to 100%, we should sit him, and let him get 17 days rest for the final quarter of the season. This game isn't that important, other than the confidence factor. We are almost assured a bye and first week home field. Who knows after that. If it's really cold and shitty at Lambeau, that could be an equalizer for a less talented team to come in and beat us, because the run game is not our strength. It might be better to play the NFC Championship game on the road. Plus, if Dallas beats us tomorrow, we still will probably get home field against every one but them in the playoffs and that means they'd have to beat us twice. That's hard to do. Beating them tomorrow might not actually be the best thing for the team, as weird as that sounds. It certainly wouldn't hurt us much. Confidence is the biggest pro to winning this game, IMO. It might be the only pro.

I'm pretty sure It'd be better to beat the Cowboys tomorrow. Make them play in Lambeau.

Iron Mike
11-28-2007, 06:36 PM
There are literally hundreds of names in the Bible....surely she had to understand that this one was dangerously close to simian

You think she should have chosen Onan???

:bs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onan

MJZiggy
11-28-2007, 08:33 PM
I was thinking something a little more New Testament...How 'bout Lazarus?

the_idle_threat
11-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Or maybe Euripides?