PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers playing Romo on the scout team

Partial
11-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been simulating Romo in practice this week on the Packers' scout team, and has been a natural to emulate Romo's scrambling: "He doesn't need a lot of encouragement in there (to scramble)," McCarthy said. "When he was doing Vinny (Testaverde) last week, you'd think Vinny had a fresh set of legs. That's the way he likes to play. He just did it more this week than he normally does."

I just thought that was a pretty funny quote, thats all :lol:

mraynrand
11-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Rodgers refused to play Grossman on the scout team, saying "It would set back my development by at least two years." The Packers were forced to bring in former Tampa Bay Buffalo and Jacksonville QB Rob Johnson who last played for Oakland in 2003. Said Johnson, "I got pretty good at holding onto the ball too long and throwing late into double coverage towards the end of my career. I'm a natural to play Rex Grossman"

GoPackGo
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Rodgers refused to play Grossman on the scout team, saying "It would set back my development by at least two years." The Packers were forced to bring in former Tampa Bay Buffalo and Jacksonville QB Rob Johnson who last played for Oakland in 2003. Said Johnson, "I got pretty good at holding onto the ball too long and throwing late into double coverage towards the end of my career. I'm a natural to play Rex Grossman"

classic!!!! :lol: