PDA

View Full Version : Defend the Packers, cowboys-forum.com

Wesley
11-28-2007, 08:06 PM
I came across this in cowboys-forum.com. Some guy wrote some things on how the Packers are americas team, and made a pretty good case. They are slamming the city of GB and the packers. I might have to chime in on this one. Good stuff.

http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74345

MadtownPacker
11-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Any chance you can post some of it here? Looks like you have to register to view the forum.

Wesley
11-28-2007, 08:52 PM
You do have to register, but it only takes a second. There is really some good stuff in there.

Wesley
11-28-2007, 08:54 PM
:D

MJZiggy
11-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Tease!! :P

Wesley
11-28-2007, 09:07 PM
:lol:

FritzDontBlitz
11-28-2007, 09:09 PM
You do have to register, but it only takes a second. There is really some good stuff in there.

Good stuff. In a Cowpokes forum. Hmmmmm.

Setup? :roll:

Bossman641
11-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry, but those guys are idiots. Don't waste your time, I sure wish I hadn't.

Fosco33
11-28-2007, 09:25 PM
We love trolls here - more the merrier. 8-)

It's gotta burn to have a QB from WI being the next big thing in Dtown - especially when the fans can't find many positive things to say about his home state and his favorite team :lol:

Personally, I lived in Dallas for a year - and worked about 2 miles from Texas Stadium. To me Dallas was fun - lots of old money and chicks with nice boobs - great BBQ.

But the worst was the Dallas sports talk radio - the Cowboys fans are brutal when the team is just average and float on cloud 9 when they're good.

Two words - fair weather.

Partial
11-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Haven't seen you in awhile Fos. Wish you posted more. Still traveling as much as ever?

The Leaper
11-28-2007, 09:32 PM
wow...most Cowboy fans on there are idiots.

I registered as Romosexual. They didn't like me much.

Fosco33
11-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Haven't seen you in awhile Fos. Wish you posted more. Still traveling as much as ever?

I post on game threads and have been doing the whole prediction thing.... work's been busy and not much time to post - but I read here daily. And yeah - still traveling my life away.

MadtownPacker
11-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I registered as Romosexual. They didn't like me much.Dude, youre hell of stupid man!! HAHAHA!! :lol:

Partial
11-28-2007, 09:53 PM

I post on game threads and have been doing the whole prediction thing.... work's been busy and not much time to post - but I read here daily. And yeah - still traveling my life away.

That explains it. I'm always gone for the game threads at work :lol: Hope all is well

Freak Out
11-28-2007, 09:57 PM

Classic. :lol:

MadtownPacker
11-28-2007, 10:02 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=690707

"He's the smartest quarterback I've ever played against in my life," Sanders told viewers. "I remember one year, when I was in Dallas and Green Bay was coming into Texas Stadium. I was excited all week because they put in a backside corner blitz for me and I knew I was going to have an opportunity to sack Brett Favre.

"In the game, it was time (for the blitz)," Sanders said. "I crawled up to the line and started coming. But right before I got there, he released the ball, and as he was releasing the ball - as he was releasing the ball-- he said to me 'I knew you were coming, Prime!' I mean he was saying that and throwing the ball in the same motion. I just turned around and walked back to the huddle laughing my butt off."

I saw this pregame show on NFLN and dont remember hearing this.

Packers4Ever
11-28-2007, 10:28 PM

Hahaha was that you, Leaper? :lol:

A couple of nicer folks but most were abusive, I didn't waste
my time arguing with anyone, maybe next time. But the guy
who started the post I read was pretty decent and spoke
well of Green Bay and Wisconsin.

We'll probably have them visiting us here soon!
Actually, Bearman's pretty nice......... :tup:

BF4MVP
11-28-2007, 10:53 PM
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm laughing so hard i'm almost crying. Well done. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the_idle_threat
11-28-2007, 11:50 PM

LOL @ Romosexual. They changed your name, btw.

Funny how the site owner/administrator is a knuckle-dragging idiot, almost worse then the rest of them.

I made a couple posts to stir up the hornets' nest a little bit. They sure are jealously protective of that whole "America's Team" bit. Pretty pathetic. :lol:

the_idle_threat
11-28-2007, 11:54 PM

Hahaha was that you, Leaper? :lol:

A couple of nicer folks but most were abusive, I didn't waste
my time arguing with anyone, maybe next time. But the guy
who started the post I read was pretty decent and spoke
well of Green Bay and Wisconsin.

We'll probably have them visiting us here soon!
Actually, Bearman's pretty nice......... :tup:

Bearman talks some good smack but I think he tries to get along. And he's a PhD candidate compared to those guys on the Cowboys board.

We don't know how good we have it with regard to trolls until we see another message board like that or JSO.

Fosco33
11-29-2007, 12:12 AM

LOL @ Romosexual. They changed your name, btw.

Funny how the site owner/administrator is a knuckle-dragging idiot, almost worse then the rest of them.

I made a couple posts to stir up the hornets' nest a little bit. They sure are jealously protective of that whole "America's Team" bit. Pretty pathetic. :lol:

Seriously - who gives a crap about the media tagline.

Since PackerRats is a form of media... let's declare the Green Bay Packers as the Universe's Team.

Universe 27
America 24

Crosby gives Brett his first win in Irving in OT.

The Leaper
11-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Seriously - who gives a crap about the media tagline.

No doubt. The Cowboy fans are extremely edgy about it. Who the hell cares? If you are so confident about your team, why do you feel the need to be so overly protective?

The owner of that Cowboys forum is certainly a moron. He asked if we understood that 50% of NFL fans were Cowboy fans. He claimed Dallas was clearly better than Green Bay because Landry contributed a few bits of strategy that have become a major part of the game.

As if Green Bay wasn't contributing to professional football before Dallas even knew there was such a thing. I didn't know the Super Bowl Trophy was named the Landry Trophy.

MadtownPacker
11-29-2007, 08:05 AM
So Wesley (the guy who started this thread).. are you a Packer backer?

GBRulz
11-29-2007, 08:58 AM
I just registered over there. Reading other forums and all their different sections and stuff certainly make me appreciate what we have here.

I must say though, they do have some cool smileys! Mad, you should check them out!! How about a smiley bashing a Cowboys helmet or something?? :wink:

MJZiggy
11-29-2007, 09:10 AM
I just registered over there. Reading other forums and all their different sections and stuff certainly make me appreciate what we have here.

I must say though, they do have some cool smileys! Mad, you should check them out!! How about a smiley bashing a Cowboys helmet or something?? :wink:

Oooh. Make that a Bears helmet!!

Wesley
11-29-2007, 01:07 PM
So Wesley (the guy who started this thread).. are you a Packer backer?

Life long, I grew up in the area, but live in another state now.
Kohler sure shook the bee's nest over there didnt he ? lol
BTW, great forum here, I really like it.

FritzDontBlitz
11-29-2007, 05:21 PM

You'd think they'd be used to "Brokeback Mountain" jokes over there by now.....