PDA

View Full Version : Article: Texas Showdown

MadtownPacker
11-29-2007, 04:06 AM
Written by Partial

The expression “Everything is bigger in Texas” has never been more correct than it will be tonight. It’s been 17 years since two 10-1 teams squared off against one another... READ MORE (http://www.packerrats.com)

LEWCWA
11-29-2007, 04:53 AM
I think if folks are going to play journalist, they should do some fact checking and proof reading before they submit subpar work! It is Spears not Stroud! :P

vince
11-29-2007, 06:52 AM
I'm guessing you're joking LEWCWA, because that is a completely unfair criticism IMO if you're not. There was obviously a significant amount of research that went into this piece and it was well put together.

Particularly given the pay (nonexistent) and size of staff here (not that staff;-), I'd say the quality of this piece, as well as the work of the other writers such as ND, Nutz and the rest, is very high.

Thanks for the comprehensive review of the Cowboys team and game preview Partial. You, and everyone else who is passionate enough to take the time and effort to put together the fine editorial pieces and all the work that goes into making this site what it is get a free pass on a small meaningless oversight.

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Nice job!

Bretsky
11-29-2007, 07:27 AM
I think if folks are going to play journalist, they should do some fact checking and proof reading before they submit subpar work! It is Spears not Stroud! :P

You are hereby sentenced to write monthly articles for a year :lol: ; having written before....and having no interest to continue putting that time in..... and knowing that it's volunteer to do so.....this was a great piece

hoosier
11-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Defensively, the Cowboys have a great amount of size and speed. Phillips has continued running the 3-4 system Parcells put in place before him. On the defensive line, the Cowboys are without starting nose guard Jason Ferguson and are starting Jay Ratliff there in Ferguson’s place. Ratliff is undersized for a nose guard at 6’4”, 298 lbs. Look for the Packers to exploit this. On the edges, the Cowboys have some phenomenal size. Marcus Stroud was a great player at LSU but has failed to live up to his first round draft position. He is solid against both the run and the pass possessing a great combination of speed and size. However, Cowboys fans wish he could have elevated his game to a new level and become dominant this year. That has not happened yet. On the other end, Chris Canty is a giant of a man standing 6’7”, 300 lbs. Chad Clifton will be challenged by Canty.

Isn't Marcus Stroud a DT for Jacksonville???

Bretsky
11-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Defensively, the Cowboys have a great amount of size and speed. Phillips has continued running the 3-4 system Parcells put in place before him. On the defensive line, the Cowboys are without starting nose guard Jason Ferguson and are starting Jay Ratliff there in Ferguson’s place. Ratliff is undersized for a nose guard at 6’4”, 298 lbs. Look for the Packers to exploit this. On the edges, the Cowboys have some phenomenal size. Marcus Stroud was a great player at LSU but has failed to live up to his first round draft position. He is solid against both the run and the pass possessing a great combination of speed and size. However, Cowboys fans wish he could have elevated his game to a new level and become dominant this year. That has not happened yet. On the other end, Chris Canty is a giant of a man standing 6’7”, 300 lbs. Chad Clifton will be challenged by Canty.

Isn't Marcus Stroud a DT for Jacksonville???

He means Marcus Spears

Partial
11-29-2007, 10:45 AM

Yes I guess I typed Marcus Stroud instead of Spears. Muscle memory. I did that whole thing around midnight and didn't proof-read it so I apologize for any errors. Busy, busy couple of weeks.

MateoInMex
11-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Nice job Partial!

LEWCWA
11-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Damn you all sure are sensitive! Just picking on you Partial, "have a Coke and a smile" :P

KYPack
11-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Good job, Partial.

It's hard to write one o' them sumbitches.

Errors you can't believe crawl out of the woodwork.