PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes Football Makes Me Nervous

Fritz
11-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Here's the scouting report on Demarcus Ware:

LB DeMarcus Ware will rush most of the time against Chad Clifton, both from two- and three-point stances. "Not many people can consistently beat Chad Clifton but he will challenge Clifton," an executive in personnel for a recent Cowboys' opponent said. "He can get to your up-field arm and accelerate as he makes his move, separating from the blocker rather than continue on upfield. If you study him, he's got great slip skill. He can slip by people in a very smooth way. He can backdoor a quarterback, but (Brett) Favre won't give you much time to come in the backdoor."

Sometimes football worries me a little bit.

RashanGary
11-29-2007, 06:29 AM
We have great pass protecting OT's. I think we match GREAT against their defense. I don't think Dallas is going to rattle Brett or even get to him often.

GBRulz
11-29-2007, 07:32 AM
He can backdoor a quarterback, but (Brett) Favre won't give you much time to come in the backdoor."

Then there's Wrex..who seems to like giving KGB time to come to the backdoor...

The Leaper
11-29-2007, 08:06 AM
I would be more worried if I was Romosexual about backdoor advances.

Joemailman
11-29-2007, 08:13 AM
I wonder how nervous the players are. It's been a few years since the Packers played in a game with this kind of buildup. With the Packers being so young, many of the players have never been in a game like this. Just a year ago, we were happy if the Packers could beat San Francisco or Detroit. Now they're playing for a chance to grab the upper hand for home field advantage in the playoffs. Hopefully the veterans on this team can keep the young guys on an even keel.

LaFours
11-29-2007, 08:18 AM
He can backdoor a quarterback, but (Brett) Favre won't give you much time to come in the backdoor."

Then there's Wrex..who seems to like giving KGB time to come to the backdoor...

Queue awful man-on-man image...

Fritz
11-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I wonder how nervous the players are. It's been a few years since the Packers played in a game with this kind of buildup. With the Packers being so young, many of the players have never been in a game like this. Just a year ago, we were happy if the Packers could beat San Francisco or Detroit. Now they're playing for a chance to grab the upper hand for home field advantage in the playoffs. Hopefully the veterans on this team can keep the young guys on an even keel.

I would be very nervous, given scouting reports that talk about players coming in your backdoor.

Football has this weird homoerotic element to it that is rather unsettling sometimes.

Freak Out
11-29-2007, 12:11 PM

I think the vets and the coaches have everything under control..we'll see a couple of mistakes I'm sure but hopefully they wont cost us to much.

I think people are going to be surprised after this one.

Partial
11-29-2007, 12:12 PM
hahahaha :lol: :lol:

Freak Out
11-29-2007, 12:25 PM

I would be very nervous, given scouting reports that talk about players coming in your backdoor.

Football has this weird homoerotic element to it that is rather unsettling sometimes.

You know they never thought that would make it past the editors desk. :lol:

oregonpackfan
11-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Football makes you nervous just sometimes?

Heck, except for the Giants game and the second game against Minnesota, I have been nervous for all the Packer games!

The Packers have had many wins this season where the win could have gone either way.

HarveyWallbangers
11-29-2007, 12:34 PM
OPF,

I was at the grocery store yesterday and met some guy originally from Oregon. I first thought about my trip to the West Coast (spent a week camping on the Oregon coast, among other places) and then I thought about you. Kind of funny.

MateoInMex
11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
There are a lot of things that make me nervous.

I usually try to calm it down with beer but that doesn't always work. Aviation checkrides are a good example.

Wondering about this game and what is at stake, I think I just sharted.

Fritz
11-29-2007, 12:42 PM
I mean nervous in the sense that there are all these references to entering through backdoors, having fluid hips, illegally using one's hands, and the like.

As far as being nervous about the Packers' games, heck yeah. That too.