PDA

View Full Version : Official Gameday Thread: Packers @ Cowboys

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

b bulldog
11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Nick, they'll take a knee. PM me your address. You got lucky but you won the bet.

4and12to12and4
11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
At least it was a close game with a bunch of second stringers. Heck, we get to play the NFC Championship game in nice weather, things could be much worse. AR looked pretty damn good, which is great, and we showed a lot of heart to come back from that kind of adversity.

Bretsky
11-29-2007, 10:23 PM
lord favre leaving the field before the game is over ? What kinda leader is that ? :shock:

Enjoy your recliner along with all da Bears players during the playoffs

b bulldog
The TO gift to Harris in the endzone must of been his way of apologizing for torching him all night.

The Leaper
lord favre leaving the field before the game is over ? What kinda leader is that ? :shock:

One that is going to the playoffs?

Brohm
11-29-2007, 10:24 PM
I expect Rouse will start over Bigby once he is healthy. Honeymoon is over, everyone has tape on Bigby's inability to play the pass (not to mention his stupid penalties).

4and12to12and4

Hey there sexy, you're with us tonight? Rodgers looks pretty good, maybe you guys should try to pick him up this offseason. :wink:

green_bowl_packer

Take me to YOUR leader.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/rex-grossman-screwed.jpg

GBRulz
damn, too bad that didn't fumble in bounds!

4and12to12and4
11-29-2007, 10:25 PM

Take me to YOUR leader.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/rex-grossman-s
crewed.jpg

That image never gets old.

KYPack
well guys... it's been a good run on the game threads... the next person better take us to the SB !!

Say it ain't so, GBR!

GBRulz
that stupid INT call was the difference in the game

The Leaper
I never liked Bigby. Some people here just drool over a safety who can lay wood.

Sorry, but that doesn't blow up my skirt. A safety is a DB, and needs to be able to cover the pass first and foremost.

Badgerinmaine
Good stop there...let's block the kick.

4and12to12and4
11-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah, remember the Seattle game in the playoffs?

Badgerinmaine
11-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Hard to win with 142 yards in penalties.

Badgerinmaine
Dang.

4and12to12and4
I fucking hate Chris Collinsworth.

Charles Woodson
11-29-2007, 10:28 PM
the difference was that Bull SHIt pass interference call

And by the way, chris collinsworth, why dont you just add to your speech that you want to take it in the ass from romo

GBRulz
Is Brad Johnson their backup QB???

The Leaper
McCarthy needs to be held accountable in this game.

The offensive game plan was questionable after the first drive.

I didn't like the first challenge...when McCarthy found out that there could be no challenge of change of possession, you don't challenge a 15 yard catch. That missed challenged prevented us from challenging the spot on Grant's run late.

Now, let's spend the rest of the year getting healthy...as we've virtually still got the #2 seed locked up.

Badgerinmaine
Is Brad Johnson their backup QB???
Yup.

]{ilr]3
11-29-2007, 10:29 PM
the difference was that Bull SHIt pass interference call

And by the way, chris collinsworth, why dont you just add to your speech that you want to take it in the ass from romo

And the complete bullshit mark of the football on that last drive that packers has. Totally a 1st down. Harris's stripping the ball of TO pretty much sealed the deal of how the refs got paid tonight, opps I mean played the game.

Badgerinmaine
11-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Raiders, Rams, Bears and Lions to wind up the regular season...none will be as tough as tonight.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Mace "The Ace" Crosby is really good under pressure, he's just not too good at the other times.

You have really high standards. Certainly not in the top tier of kickers, but deservedly in the next tier. Very solid rookie year.

BEARMAN
11-29-2007, 10:31 PM
You know I hate to say it, ..... but I will, ...." I told you so ! " :twisted:

Badgerinmaine
Okay. Now, it's over. :( :( :(

GBRulz
Morency is useless

Charles Woodson
11-29-2007, 10:32 PM
You know I hate to say it, ..... but I will, ...." I told you so ! " :twisted:
HEy Fucker whos number one in the nfc north?

Certainly not the cubs

green_bowl_packer
Silver lining is that we now know that Rodgers can play. We'll see them again. Hopefully we'll be healthier by then.

4and12to12and4
Hey guys, lets look at the cup half full. We played a close game with a lot of key guys out, and AR looked really good. Lets just hope Brett's good. We are better than Dallas, we played them shorthanded, and made a game out of it. We'll see em again in the playoffs. It's hard to beat a team twice, so we will have the odds on our side, let's just get healthy.

BEARMAN
Reality sucks..... hu ?

wpony
11-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Well it will be different when we get them next in the playoffs we just need to be healthy we will need to sit brett let him start then bench him after the first quarter and with alot of our other starteres that we cant aford to loose before the playoffs so once we clince I say sit a lot of starters up to the last week to get the players rested

GBRulz
Hey guys, lets look at the cup half full. We played a close game with a lot of key guys out, and AR looked really good. Lets just hope Brett's good. We are better than Dallas, we played them shorthanded, and made a game out of it. We'll see em again in the playoffs. It's hard to beat a team twice, so we will have the odds on our side, let's just get healthy.

amen. Sucks too that BS calling by the refs is what the difference was in this game though.

Charles Woodson
Reality sucks..... hu ?

You should be answering that question, shouldnt you...

motife
Reality sucks..... hu ?

you should know.

http://x6f.xanga.com/d33d321465d30104911437/m74145627.jpg

cpk1994
Silver lining is that we now know that Rodgers can play. We'll see them again. Hopefully we'll be healthier by then.

Im sorry he still doesn't have "IT". TT sucks. He should be fired for drafted Rodgers. /Merlin :D

Badgerinmaine
Absolutely--anyone here think the Pack would be 10-2? heck, I thought they'd only win 9 all year. Rodgers looked great, too. Not all bad, and a stirring 2d half.
I've gotta get up at 5 Eastern tomorrow, so I'm checking out. Good night, all--

4and12to12and4
11-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Reality sucks..... hu ?

Hmm ... reality: the bears aren't going to the playoffs.
reality: we will be second seed in the playoffs.
reality: when healthy at the end of the season, we will beat these guys and go to the superbowl, while the bears watch from home. No, reality is pretty good right now.

b bulldog
11-29-2007, 10:35 PM
I thought our D was better than it is. I'm very disappointed in the lack of a passrush, 31's terrible play and how nobody can cover a TE.

Fred's Slacks
11-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Reality sucks..... hu ?

What fuckin reality Bearman. That we just played the best team in the conference at their place, missing a great corner, a great pass rusher and our starting QB and despite the fact that our game plan sucked and our OL sucked and our QB played like a retard, we still only lost by 10. I can't wait to see those ass clowns in the playoffs. I think things will be a little different.

The Leaper
Reality sucks..... hu ?

Yeah, I would think a defending NFC champ that probably won't make the playoffs is a bad dose of reality for ya.

4and12to12and4
Absolutely--anyone here think the Pack would be 10-2? heck, I thought they'd only win 9 all year. Rodgers looked great, too. Not all bad, and a stirring 2d half.
I've gotta get up at 5 Eastern tomorrow, so I'm checking out. Good night, all--

Good night. All is still good. Go Pack. Sleep well.

Tyrone Bigguns
I blame this loss on TT. I have no real idea why, but i know it is his fault.

GBRulz
11-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Dear TT, can we please draft a CB in the first 3 rounds next year? :wink:

Charles Woodson
I blame this loss on TT. I have no real idea why, but i know it is his fault.

For real i mean RYAN GRANT??? HE TRADED FOR HIM?!?! horrible call on his part

The Leaper
I thought our D was better than it is. I'm very disappointed in the lack of a passrush, 31's terrible play and how nobody can cover a TE.

Witten is a good TE. I don't think there are any LBs in the league that can consistently stick with him...and our safeties aren't any good in coverage because someone apparently feels we need hard hitting safeties for our defensive scheme when in reality we need coverage safeties.

Charles Woodson
11-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Dear TT, can we please draft a CB in the first 3 rounds next year? :wink:

that and bigbys replacement

Bossman641
Sucks to lose but I was glad to see them fighting til the very end.

The loss of Woodson cannot be overstated.

Cowboys had a great game plan, I'll hand it to them. Sent TO in motion nearly every play, not enabling Harris to get a hand on him. Seemed to force the Packers into playing a lot of zone.

4and12to12and4
All right all ya, I'm going to bed, not too bad a game, I'm still pumped, we can rest for ten days and get healthy, and kick ass the rest of the season.

GBRulz
11-29-2007, 10:39 PM
I can't listen to Collingsworth anymore. He's acting like Dallas totally dominated this game.

green_bowl_packer
Reality sucks..... hu ?

you tell me

North W L
Green Bay Packers 10 2
Detroit Lions 6 5
Minnesota Vikings 5 6
Chicago Bears 5 6

Fred's Slacks

Very disapointing. We have to get off the field on 3rd down. 3rd and 8, 3rd and 19 and we can't defend the pass. Those situations are where KGB and Woodson are very valuable.

OS PA

Our Defense is better.

The one person who is missed most on this team is Johnny Jolly. He really was a key cog, and once he went down we've been playing much poorer football. He freed the Linebackers up, forced running backs outside, and got in the way of throwing lanes. If we have him back for Dallas #2, we'll be sitting pretty. It WON'T hurt to have Wood, KGB, and Rouse back either, but hell do I miss big'n'ugly.

Freak Out
All things considered...we did ok with #4 gone..Woodson gone...KGB gone...
Pass interference gave them two big first downs one of them being ticky tacky. The INT Harris had take away.
Dallas has the best O line...as good as the Pats..an OK D. Romo made all the right reads.

We can get them next time,.

Brohm
Yeah Rodgers did look good under duress. Good performance on his part against a good team with an intense pash rush. Nice mobity too. I would think people will feel a bit more comfortble with Rodgers as our back-up and future starter. This wasn't preseason vanilla shit, this was a team slugging it out for home field advantage.

Freak Out
11-29-2007, 10:41 PM
We'll be back.

4and12to12and4
11-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah, what the hell is Collinsworth's f'n problem? I can't stand him. He's an asshole, and screw Primetime too, Dallas fan, asshole. Thank God Steve's there.

mmmdk
Favre was a sitting duck today. It wasn't until Rodgers came in with some scrambling ability that bailed out the OL. Dallas did nail Rodgers on wide and varied blitzes though...but they were burned by the scrambling.

The defense lacks depth in the secondary. I think Packers O startet strangely and Favre made risky passes but got hit way too much. Where was the pass rush in the first half???

Nice to see Rodgers is a player but I hope Favre comes back; I still have this image that it's broken.

Tyrone Bigguns
We'll be back.

I hope so, schedule says we play a couple more games. :D

Pacopete4
this was a weird game because we saw how horshit we can be, but we also saw how good we can be... fellas we were down 27-10 and came back and had a chance to take the game at the end.. too me thats impressive and i cant believe im being so positive about this game but hell... lets get healthy and beat the crap outta them in the playoffs

GBRulz
11-29-2007, 10:43 PM
If I'm Dallas, I'm worried about facing this GB team again when they are healthy.

Rodgers did a helluva job on trying to bring this team back and I feel better about our future with him.

Now...the scoop everyone wants to know...how bad is Favre's injury.

4and12to12and4
11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
We'll be back.

And we will have a chip on our shoulder. What the hell was Brett's problem though. He went apenuts with the long ball for a while there. It makes me wonder if that's how he's gonna play in the playoffs, reverting back to the Favre of old trying to do too much and not play within the system like he's been doing all year. It was like he went back two years in time. What was that all about?

mmmdk
11-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Pass interference gave them two big first downs one of them being ticky tacky. The INT Harris had take away.
Dallas has the best O line...as good as the Pats..an OK D. Romo made all the right reads.

It's possible...but it'll be in Dallas and Dallas is not the place Packers want to play 'cos the losses are piling up there. Revenge factor? Or fear factor?

b bulldog
11-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Dallas totally dominated the trenches today. That will also happen if we play them down the road imo. I'm not seeing why you all are so optimistic about a future meeting in the playoffs.

mmmdk
11-29-2007, 10:47 PM
If I'm Dallas, I'm worried about facing this GB team again when they are healthy.

Rodgers did a helluva job on trying to bring this team back and I feel better about our future with him.

Now...the scoop everyone wants to know...how bad is Favre's injury.

I think the above is what we all are clinging to now. Let's get the division title first though; the job ain't done yet.

The Leaper
11-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Dallas totally dominated the trenches today. That will also happen if we play them down the road imo. I'm not seeing why you all are so optimistic about a future meeting in the playoffs.

Because you can adjust. Most of our OL is less than 100% right now. Most of our DL isn't even playing at all.

We need to get healthy bulldog...you can't expect a team with as many injuries as we have up front on both sides right now to match a team like Dallas that is hitting their stride and getting healthy right now.

Hopefully, they will have peaked too early...but I just hope we take the next month to get healthy.

Brohm
11-29-2007, 10:49 PM
3 games in 11 days. last 2 on the road. Dallas was home for the last 2. I would expect us to be in much better shape the second time.

Partial
11-29-2007, 10:50 PM

I agree. Ryan Grant got damn lucky he squeezed through that hole on the big run. He is a great player. Dallas' line is absolutely massive. I think there were only two or three hits on Romo all night and when that happens Sanders should have started blitzing more frequently.

cpk1994

It's possible...but it'll be in Dallas and Dallas is not the place Packers want to play 'cos the losses are piling up there. Revenge factor? Or fear factor?Why would there be a fear factor. This was the first game in Dallas for everyone except Favre. Losses previous to tonight mean nothing.

The Shadow
We'll be back.

And we will have a chip on our shoulder. What the hell was Brett's problem though. He went apenuts with the long ball for a while there. It makes me wonder if that's how he's gonna play in the playoffs, reverting back to the Favre of old trying to do too much and not play within the system like he's been doing all year. It was like he went back two years in time. What was that all about?

I agree. It's hard to be that mad at Harris as well as Favre for having such a lousy game since they have won so many for us in the past.
I look forward to a rematch with Woodson, KGB, and Jolly back and after McCarthy has had a long, serious sitdown with #4 and #31.

mmmdk
11-29-2007, 10:51 PM

I think Packers have a chance but I'm at the stage where Packers simply need to get healthy and make some important changes in the secondary. Bigby was atrocious today plus Al Harris should still start but Al was terrible today. Bush too.

Winning in Dallas is not something I expect from Packers this year but there's a fighting chance.

privatepacker
To me the difference in the game was the lines. The Packer's tackles on offense weren't protecting and our d-line got very little pressure on Romo. It was the lack of pressure that allowed their receivers to run over GB's DBs. Except Bush, he was just horrible. No excuse for his play.
If Green Bay can play the Cowboys again I hope that they will stick to their offense and try to put more pressure on Romo.
10-2 not a bad start for a team that I thought would only win 9 games at the most.

b bulldog
I agree but the Cowboys top 2 Db's were banged up and Owens had lots of drops. The Owens, Harris matchup will kill us again and we still can't cover the TE and we got mauled by their Oline even when blitzing. We were dominated, let me repeat, dominated in the trenches.

AtlPackFan
11-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Romo made all the right reads.

He had all day...any NFL quarterback would look like a HOFer given that amount of time. Have to hand it to them...they have a great offensive line.

Partial
11-29-2007, 10:53 PM
I agree but the Cowboys top 2 Db's were banged up and Owens had lots of drops. The Owens, Harris matchup will kill us again and we still can't cover the TE and we got mauled by their Oline even when blitzing. We were dominated, let me repeat, dominated in the trenches.

That's exactly right. Owens gave us a couple of gifts. That game looks quite a bit different if we lose by 17, doesn't it.

mmmdk
11-29-2007, 10:53 PM

Very disapointing. We have to get off the field on 3rd down. 3rd and 8, 3rd and 19 and we can't defend the pass. Those situations are where KGB and Woodson are very valuable.

Agreed but that 3rd and 19 was terrible D. All the penalties were mind boggling.

Joemailman
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM

Because getting Jolly, Woodson, KGB back, and Tauscher getting healthy, could make a big difference. The Packers didn't do much right tonight, and still had a chance to get back into it. The Packers showed tonight that they are more than tough enough, and in the playoffs, that can count for a lot.

RIPackerFan
11-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Replacing College with Juice helped a lot with the rush. Also, keeping one more man in helped.

Having all d-linemen back will help - though I do think we will need to blitz more.

I don't know why we weren't throwing the short stuff at the beginning of the game - Favre was holding it way too long, which was contributing to his hits.

And Bulldog - with all the crap that happened - losing the turnover battle, a poor gameplan, injuries, and a starting QB playing like crap - we still had a chance in the end to tie it up.

That's why we are excited by playing them again.

BallHawk
11-29-2007, 10:56 PM
3rd and 19 was the most crucial turning point of the game. You have a chance to get the ball at mid-field, down by 3. What do they do? Give up the long pass.

Not one player in the secondary played a decent game tonight. Harris played his worst game in recent memory, Bigby is just flat out stupid, and Tramon and Bush couldn't fill Woodson's shoes.

We had the chances in this game, but we didn't capitalize.

The Leaper
11-29-2007, 10:58 PM

So how did we only lose by 10 then...with all of our turnovers and penalties?

b bulldog
11-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Just like the detroit game, the leading team could do whatever they needed to on offense when they needed to do it. One more thing, Owens gave us some big drops along with that gift to Harris in the endzone. A cowboys fan could probably say that they should have won by 14-17 points.

mmmdk
11-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Lastly, I'm not being negative but the Cowboys are better due to their impressive OL and great DL. The 2 Dallas TEs were killing the Pack too.

Bretsky
11-29-2007, 11:00 PM
I see your point but Dallas is better than us, healthy or not.

Not sure I agree; we sure didn't find out tonight

Partial
11-29-2007, 11:02 PM
I see your point but Dallas is better than us, healthy or not.

Not sure I agree; we sure didn't find out tonight

Dallas looked much better. We couldn't stop them on 3rd down to save our lives.

Pacopete4
11-29-2007, 11:02 PM
favre seperated left shoulder... hurt nerve in elbow and says he should be able to play.. so all sounds fine and he said he wanted to go back in the game

Bretsky
11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Bigby sucks at coverage.

I'm not a fan of Bigby.

At all.

I was thinking about your reactions and how you liked Reggie Nelson so much; wonder how his rookie season is ?

Bretsky
11-29-2007, 11:06 PM
If Jolly had played 50% of the snaps like he usually does, this is where Williams usually takes over the game with hsi pass rush. KGB also steps up at this time of the game. I know it's making excuses, but I really believe those guys were a big part of the strength of this team. I think we can beat Dallas if our guys were healthy.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

RIPackerFan
11-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Bulldog -

You could say Favre gift-wrapped some interceptions - or the referees gift wrapped some first downs with questions calls.

Players are going to make bad plays - if Favre doesn't throw two picks - or the refs either call the takeaway from Harris or don't call the interference in the end - are we within 3 or go ahead? Who knows, but one could say it should have been more and using the same logic, someone could say it should have been less.

The Leaper
11-29-2007, 11:08 PM
I was thinking about your reactions and how you liked Reggie Nelson so much; wonder how his rookie season is ?

He's been a very solid starter in JAX. They love him down there.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Just like the detroit game, the leading team could do whatever they needed to on offense when they needed to do it. One more thing, Owens gave us some big drops along with that gift to Harris in the endzone. A cowboys fan could probably say that they should have won by 14-17 points.

Owens ALWAYS has big drops. Has done so throughout his career. You can't argue that point.

Game is always won and lost on the line. I get more pressure from my friends and family to give up crack then our dline got 2nite.

Bretsky
11-29-2007, 11:14 PM
3rd and 19 was the most crucial turning point of the game. You have a chance to get the ball at mid-field, down by 3. What do they do? Give up the long pass.

Not one player in the secondary played a decent game tonight. Harris played his worst game in recent memory, Bigby is just flat out stupid, and Tramon and Bush couldn't fill Woodson's shoes.

We had the chances in this game, but we didn't capitalize.

Nutz will have a boatload of options as losers this week for sure

Packers4Ever
11-29-2007, 11:16 PM
We'll be back.

Been wondering that since long before the game ended. Didn't anybody
notice during pre-game and the team was out on the field, the strange
look Brett had on his face? I can't describe it, not really scared, but definitely not looking like he was in command as we've seen him so much this season, more like someone wondering what was going on and all....
It made him look so different.

FritzDontBlitz
11-29-2007, 11:18 PM
They need to start blitzing more. It's easier to hide an inexperienced secondary if the QB doesn't have all day to throw. Bob Sanders needs to wake up. I would send Atari Bigby like a mofo to blindside a QB at least once a game. Its damn sure better than having him commit facemask penalties 10 yards downfield. :shock:

And if Favre was screwing up as bad as you guys say he was - GB Press-Gazette said he got hit on both picks, while Westwood One's team of Dick Enberg and Dennis Green said he was trying to do it all himself - I would have benched his ass for a series. That may sound shocking to some, but it would at least wake his ass up.

By the way: how is Favre? I'm hearing bits and pieces but no definite word yet? Last I heard was Mooch saying Brett told him his elbow is at issue and he can't grip the ball because his fingers are numb.

On the plus side: at least they finally benched "the human turnstile" Daryn Colledge. It is impossible for a QB to step into his throws if you are constantly allowing pressure up the middle. I would suggest he never be allowed to play guard again. If he screws up at tackle, at least Brett can still step up into the pocket and avoid the outside pressure. I hope.

Does anyone still think Aaron Rodgers is a bust? Not me. I'm glad he didn't give up on the game as early as some of us on the forum did.

Forgot to add this, so I edited: Ryan Grant is still the real fuckin' deal. Baybuh. 8-)

I think above everything else, the younguns just got overwhelmed with the magnitude of the game and couldnt keep their heads in it. Even special teams sucked. Maybe M3 got a lil shellshocked too.

I have a feeling McCarthy would rather lose the Dallas game and rest his wounded starters than worry about bragging rights. I just hope the younger players aren't too demoralized by the loss to be good contributors down the stretch.

And, uh, how about them refs? Sheesh....

Partial
11-29-2007, 11:20 PM
I don't know why they don't blitz Bigby more, either. I will never forget the bat outta hell plays he had in the pre-season. Oddly enough, he reminds me a lot of Roy Williams minus the high first round pick thing and big contract extension.

Bretsky
11-29-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't know why they don't blitz Bigby more, either. I will never forget the bat outta hell plays he had in the pre-season. Oddly enough, he reminds me a lot of Roy Williams minus the high first round pick thing and big contract extension.

They really should blitz Bigby more; he's truly lost in coverage and lacks ball skills. I don't think Bigby in remotely near Williams as a player.

digitaldean
11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Let's face it, Romo could've ordered drinks back in the pocket tonight. There were no real pressures tonight.

Favre, I've got no clue on why he performed the way he did.

Rodgers impressed the heck out of me.

The o-line got beat like a rented mule most of the night. If Tauscher is hurt that bad with his ankle, sit him down.

Atari Bigby is trying to win the Torrance Marshall award for stupidity. The zone D was a HUGE mistake. The one thing that was our strength is man to man. The entire secondary should be ashamed with their performance.

Ryan Grant is definitely the real deal. Great run tonight.

Toughest part is listening to the idiot Sean Salisbury and the ESPNites drooling over Romo.

He had a great game, for sure. His line gave him all the time in the world.

Partial
11-29-2007, 11:31 PM

They really should blitz Bigby more; he's truly lost in coverage and lacks ball skills. I don't think Bigby in remotely near Williams as a player.

Williams didn't start again this week. Why? Because he can't cover. They're more similiar than you'd think.

FritzDontBlitz
11-29-2007, 11:34 PM

Shit even Fritz Shurmur blitzed every now and then, and he had Reggie White and Sean Jones playing end. I love Kampy, but if the refs are gonna let guys grab and bearhug him all day then send a corner or safety. We don't even do run blitzes by our LB'S any more, when's the last time you saw Hawk in the offensive backfield? It was the Giants game for me; the play where Corey Williams knocked the ball out of Eli Manning's hand and Nick Barnett recovered. Fuck the Cover -2, if you aint got experience DB's in the secondary it turns into the Cover none. If they can't stay with the receivers, send them on corner and safety blitzes to knock the QB on his ass a few times so he's hearing footsteps by halftime. Maybe you give up the big play, but, how many did they give up tonight without blitzing? Duh.

Oh well. 10 days to swallow our Packer pride, lick our wounds and get ready for the next victim. I hope M3's gambit of essentially conceding the Dallas game by resting his veteran starters pays dividends down the stretch, because I have a feeling we will be seeing the Cowpunks again. Probably in Texas, and it would be nice to have at least two tight ends on the roster by then. And more veteran leadership in the secondary couldn't hurt...

b bulldog
11-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Romo played well, give him his props

Iron Mike
11-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Reality sucks..... hu ?

You know what sucks???

http://www.bearsstillsuck.com/chifsm.gif

MateoInMex
11-29-2007, 11:52 PM
It's probably been mentioned here, but as some of the analysts mentioned during the game as well, the Packers started out of synch on offense. Favre continuously was trying to go deep into double and triple coverage when the "dink and dunk" offense was working, at least for the first drive.

They abandoned a game plan, and on defense it's obvious the Green Bay Packers are NOT the same without Woodson and KGB. Not having Woodson in the game was a back breaker. I knew he was an important piece, but I didn't know he was that important.

Harris stunk! Rodgers looked good, but Rodgers doesn't have any pressure on him to perform.

It's my opinion that this game was more important for the Packers than the Cowboys regardless of Local radio people saying the pressure was all on Dallas to win.

If the Packers win out, and eventually face this team again in Dallas, I can't expect a different result than tonight. Dallas in Dallas is like the Bermuda Triangle for the Packers as of the last 9 games.

HarveyWallbangers
11-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Hopefully, Tampa or Seattle knocks them out in round 2 of the playoffs. I'll be rooting for Tampa to get the #4 seed in the playoffs. I think they can give Dallas a good battle. We won't be favored, but we can win in Dallas.

Harlan Huckleby
11-29-2007, 11:55 PM
It's probably been mentioned here, but as some of the analysts mentioned during the game as well, the Packers started out of synch on offense. Favre continuously was trying to go deep into double and triple coverage when the "dink and dunk" offense was working, at least for the first drive.

This was disappointing. Part of it was that Favre was getting hit on many plays, which put him into desperation mode like in bad games of yore. Rodgers gave them a better chance to win. (although maybe Favre would have settled down in 2nd half, you never know.)

Tyrone Bigguns
11-30-2007, 12:09 AM

Pre season is just that pre season. Lot of guys look great in the preseason.

Not saying he can't be a good blitzer, but he NEVER SHOWED it in college.

I lived in orlando when he played for UCF. He had one sack in college, 3 interceptions.

You can blitz a player, but that doesn't mean they are any good at it.

The Leaper
11-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Williams didn't start again this week. Why? Because he can't cover. They're more similiar than you'd think.

Williams is ten times smarter than Bigby.

I grow tired of Packer fans who continue to support Bigby. The guy is undisciplined, a major liability in coverage, and he's really shown no improvement since the start of the season.

He's not the long term answer for this team at safety. He's also not in the same league as Roy Williams...even if Williams has some coverage issues himself. Stop kidding yourselves.

The Leaper
11-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Hopefully, Tampa or Seattle knocks them out in round 2 of the playoffs. I'll be rooting for Tampa to get the #4 seed in the playoffs. I think they can give Dallas a good battle. We won't be favored, but we can win in Dallas.

It will be interesting to see how the seed play out in the playoffs. Tampa is a team I wouldn't want to face. It would be nice to see Seattle grab the #3 seed...and Tampa and NYG get #4 and #5 and play each other, with the winner likely going to face the Cowboys.

4and12to12and4
11-30-2007, 09:12 AM
There were many positives and negatives in this game. The fact that we didn't pressure Romo much is partly because he has good pocket presence and shifts around back there, and not having Jolly was big. He is a huge part of the way our pocket collapses in the middle giving our ends sack opportunities. And with him out, the other guys didn't get rested either, and the Boys oline is very big and good. This game was not a true reflection of what our team can do healthy against them. We still stayed in it, and were within 3 points late. Not bad for an injury plagued young team. Many of these guys were star struck and it affected their play. Our receivers were awesome, though, when AR got in the game, and Grant had that great run. I'm not discouraged by the outcome given the circumstances. The most upsetting thing was Brett's play. What the hell was his problem. He went back to the Favre of old, and that scares me if he's gonna do that in the playoffs.

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2008, 04:56 PM
no need to start a new gameday thread with a perfectly good one ready to go

BallHawk
09-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Reverse jinx? Mission starts a new thread but Harlan bumps the old thread thus canceling out the jinx and leaving JH's mojo untouched?

Yes. Yes. I like it. Good job, HH.

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Bigby should be cut tomorrow.

He is undisciplined and kills our football team time and time again...laughing about it when he comes to the bench.

oooh - a classic!

mission
09-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Reverse jinx? Mission starts a new thread but Harlan bumps the old thread thus canceling out the jinx and leaving JH's mojo untouched?

Yes. Yes. I like it. Good job, HH.

thank god!

im so ashamed :oops:

Brando19
09-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Here we go...I'm getting excited. If the Packers lose, i may have to take a day off of work tomorrow...my ass is going to get picked on all day...."How bout the Cowboys?" :evil:

Carolina_Packer
09-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Wow, 44 pages of threads and not one down played yet. I can't believe it.

Rastak
09-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Wow, 44 pages of threads and not one down played yet. I can't believe it.

It's last years thread.....a joke by HH...

GBRulz
09-21-2008, 07:13 PM
This is the thread that ended my 6 or 7 game winning streak last year. If we lose, I say we hang HH by his.....toes. If we win...well then, HH..carry on, carry on.

red
09-21-2008, 07:13 PM
i thought the same thing

Bretsky
09-21-2008, 07:58 PM
This is the thread that ended my 6 or 7 game winning streak last year. If we lose, I say we hang HH by his.....toes. If we win...well then, HH..carry on, carry on.

And I almost took us to the Super Bowl :!:

GBRulz
09-21-2008, 09:58 PM
wtg, HH !

Harlan Huckleby
09-21-2008, 11:01 PM
actually, this was a far better game, I'd rather talk about this one.

Rodgers looked great coming off the bench, I think the franchise will be in good hands when Favre retires.