PDA

View Full Version : Would home field throughout be good or bad

4and12to12and4
11-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I'd like to hear some opinions of the pros and cons of having the NFC Championship game at Lambeau assuming it might be wet and slippery and really cold. Does that play into our hands or hurt us more. Which potential opponents would be hurt the most by it, and would any other team have an advantage over us in those conditions? Should we be content with playing in good weather, so that it becomes talent vs. talent without the elements playing a factor, or does home crowd make it worth it? What do you think?

4and12to12and4
11-29-2007, 01:43 PM
In responding, just remember, even though Brett's got a good cold weather record, we have a lot of young speed and corners that rely on cutting to stay with their man. And we aren't exactly a powerful running team, so we need to be able to pass effectively with timing. But, other teams may have that situation too. Just something to think about.

Partial
11-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Good.

packers11
11-29-2007, 01:49 PM
there was another topic about this with a poll...

The majority, I think it was 30/2 said they would rather play in GB than play in Dallas in the playoffs...

packers11
11-29-2007, 01:50 PM
found it...

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=9701

^ ya it wasn't even close... I proposed the same question... It really is a good question...

4and12to12and4
11-29-2007, 01:56 PM
there was another topic about this with a poll...

The majority, I think it was 30/2 said they would rather play in GB than play in Dallas in the playoffs...

Oh, sorry, well, thanks for showing me the thread, just wondered what everyone thought. I'm leaning towards playing on the road, but there's nothing like home sweet home, especially with young guys, having 60,000 people cheering you on. Big advantage. Probably worth our fast guys losing a little speed and cutting ability. It goes both ways.