PDA

View Full Version : Interesting point from Dr. Z

jramsey495
11-29-2007, 03:08 PM
He wrote this about Dallas:
I think a big part of the Thursday nighter against Green Bay will be which officiating crew is assigned to the game. Various scribes and announcers have described Packers cornerback Al Harris as a "shutdown corner," which is nonsense. He doesn't shut anyone down, he roughs 'em up, and if it'll be the kind of crew that is fairly liberal, then he'll be in decent shape in his battle against T.O., which everyone assumes will take place all over the field. But if it's one of those prissy crews that calls everything tight, Al will get two, maybe three, interference calls and T.O. and Tony Romo will have a big night.

And this about Green Bay:
I'm really curious to see if they'll come out with the same run 'n shoot type of thing with which they deviled the Lions. I'm guessing they'll slam No. 25, Ryan Grant, into the Cowboy defense for openers, just as a kibbitz, and then voila! Here come the five wideouts spread across, with Favre snapping off his passes to them in 1.5 seconds, and then the Cowboys will start dropping their big, sleek pass rushers, 6-7 Chris Canty, 6-4 DeMarcus Ware, 6-6 Greg Ellis, 6-3 Anthony Spencer, back into coverage ... look, it's the old Zone Blitz! ... fouling up the passing lanes, batting passes in the air. And then, here they come, faking the drop and rushing all at once, the maniac blitz, trying to bloody Favre's nose. Oh yes, it'll be an orgy of strategy. Final score, Cowboys 31, Pack 27.

Does anyone know enough about the officiating crew to know how they'll call the DB's?

MJZiggy
11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't even know which officiating crew we've got.

swede
11-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Pardon my sports pundit ignorance, but is Dr. Z a well-known hater of GB?

Because those blurbs seemed like they came from someone who hates to have to even notice that Green Bay is suddenly pretty good--as if bad officiating and cheating has made them 10 and 1, and that the first team to have the novel idea of playing cover 2 will beat them silly.

PlantPage55
11-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh God does he hate Green Bay.

He writes a YEARLY article bashing Brett Favre and tries to work Brett-bashing into numerous other pieces every week.

Also, to say that Al ISN'T shut down, shows that he doesn't watch a whole lot of football - Packer games especially.

NOT A SINGLE CORNER IN THE NFL HOLDS WRS TO ZERO CATCHES! AL HARRIS USUALLY HOLDS THEM TO 2 OR 3 AND NO SCORES!!!

How much more "shutdown" do you get?

PlantPage55
11-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I sent him a NASTY fucking e-mail. This is the last straw. His anti-Packer, hatred filled bias is enough to make me sick. He NEVER writes about us unless it's in a negative manner. What a total shit bag. He even looks like one.

MJZiggy
11-29-2007, 04:54 PM
I sent him a NASTY fucking e-mail. This is the last straw. His anti-Packer, hatred filled bias is enough to make me sick. He NEVER writes about us unless it's in a negative manner. What a total shit bag. He even looks like one.

Well, THAT should cure his bias, :lol:

PlantPage55
11-29-2007, 04:57 PM

Hey, he wouldn't get any peace from me even if he suddenly turned tail anyway. God, he's a moron. :lol:

GrnBay007
11-29-2007, 04:58 PM

GO PLANTPAGE!! :D

MJZiggy
11-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Hey, he wouldn't get any peace from me even if he suddenly turned tail anyway. God, he's a moron. :lol:
:lol: