PDA

View Full Version : Proud

RIPackerFan
11-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Whatever the score may be - I am proud of this team. Everything that could go wrong, did - and they never gave up.

1) Initial coaching plan was terrible (play-actions with the defense not biting at all)
2) Our starting QB played awful and then was hurt
3) Some questionable calls, especially at the beginning of the game, went against us
4) A lot of injuries that prevented us from bringing our best to the field

These are not excuses - we lost to the better team.

However, a lesser team would have fallen under those - instead this team got back into the game, and had a chance to win (albeit a small one).

This bodes well for the future. I look forward to playing Dallas again.

The Leaper
11-29-2007, 10:34 PM
I agree.

We need to wrap up the #2 seed.

We need to get healthy.

We'll be fine if those two things happen the next time we face Dallas.

gbpackfan
11-29-2007, 10:42 PM
We really missed Woodson and KGB. The pressure on Romo was pathetic. Al Harris was TERRIBLE!!!!! BIGBY continues to make STUPID penalties. Why do our safeties get beat deep time after time. And who ever is teaching these CBs how to cover the deep ball should be fired!

What the hell was Favre doing? I love the man but he can't just wing up hopes and prayers all night long. He was terrible!

A-Rod played very well. NO WAY should he start (I know this is going to come up some where) because Brett is still the man and just because he had one bad game doesn't mean he is going to ride the pine for the rest of the season.

The game plan was poor. MM needs to do a better job in the future.

And now I am worried about the special teams. The kickoff units sucked tonight.

God, I hate losing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

Freak Out
11-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Very proud...many teams would have folded but we stuck with it, on the road in Dallas to boot. In many ways this is a big step.

Go Pack.

RashanGary
11-29-2007, 10:52 PM
I thought they played a good game. I really think we had a strength with Jolly and KGB as depth and I know it's an excuse but I really have optimism that this team is stronger than they played tonight (essecially on defense).

I'm listening to McCarthy. He wanted to challenge Dallas deep the way he did. Maybe it's not Brett's fault.

I think it was a mistake to go deep on the defenses Dallas was running. McCarthy seemed to call a bad game and didn't adjust when Dallas came out with deep zone coverage. He came in with the attitude that he was going to go deep and he just kept doing it even though Dallas was sitting on it.

MJZiggy
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Damn near pulled it off...if it weren't for the blown call at the end (PI? You gotta be kidding me) we might have done it.

RashanGary
11-29-2007, 11:06 PM
This is a good thread. Let's not jump off any cliffs. It was a tough game, but we have room for improvement. We are young and pretty knicked up on our front 4. I don't think it's time to freak out.

Another thing that I think is bright is having Rodgers come in and play well. I think Favre will see a guy who isn't as gifted, isn't as experienced, but he just made solid, unspectacular throws and lead scoring drives better than Brett trying to air it out. I think MM was part to blame for those deep shots, but I still think Brett will focus harder knowing he has real competition. A lot of good came out of that game. Our ST's and team over all just needs to clean up a few things, get healthy and continue to play hard. We have a playoff game in 5 or 6 weeks. It's just getting started and it was one bump in the road.

The Leaper
11-29-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm listening to McCarthy. He wanted to challenge Dallas deep the way he did. Maybe it's not Brett's fault.

It obviously wasn't.

Those plays were mostly PLAY ACTION. They were clearly trying to beat Dallas deep.

It made no sense. That is not the strength of our WRs. It is not the strength of our offense.

I don't know what the hell McCarthy was thinking.

RIPackerFan
11-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah - it sould like people are already jumping ship.

It wasn't pretty, but I love the fight in the team. I don't think many people realize how big of a shock it was to lose Favre - and how the team responded.

I thought when Juice replaced College our O-line played much better - and was able to stop the rush when Dallas was rushing 4 or 5. Of course, when they overloaded - we lost, but you have to expect the QB to get it out quick.

oregonpackfan
11-29-2007, 11:16 PM
10-2, Packer fans, 10-2!

That is still a record most teams would love to have. We also dodged a major bullet with Favre's injury. He could have had a season-ending injury.

A week and a half should give enough time for the injured players to heal and the Packers to get back in their rhythm.

HarveyWallbangers
11-29-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm not proud, but I'm not completely discouraged. I think we got outplayed by more than the score--even though we had a really bad call and a couple of questionable ones. However, I think Woodson and KGB would have made some difference. Some guys did play well (Rodgers, Grant, Hawk to name three). I'm hoping that more than anything Brett learned (from watching Rodgers, as hard is that is to believe) that you can move the ball on this defense if you stay patient. If our guys get healthy and Favre plays under control, we can beat that team. Also, I personally think Al gets too hyped up playing Terrell Owens. He can't play him in zone or when they put him in motion. If they meet again, I hope they put Chuck on Owens with safety help over the top and leave Al to bump Patrick Crayton into oblivion.

Bretsky
11-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Jolly OUT
Woodson OUT
KGB OUT
Specials SUCKED
Defense SECONDARY CONFUSED TOO MUCH

Referees SUCKED and gave away calls

Despite all this we competed; we have a shot to beat Dallas in Dallas if we meet them in the playoffs.

Partial
11-29-2007, 11:25 PM
I think we have a shot too. Any given Sunday. But, I wouldn't count on it or bet on it. We definitely need to go back to the drawing board. Harv is probably right on the Chuck on TO thing.

MateoInMex
11-29-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm already over this game.

I just think the playoff implications were a lot more important for Green Bay than what their play on defense warranted.

Favre had 2 costly turnovers, and yes there were some bad calls against the Packers.

But the secondary looked awful!! That 3rd and 19 play really stung!!! I might as well repeat what I said in another thread, the Packers don't go anywhere this year without Charles Woodson.

Yes, they've already exceeded expectations to many, but this was the game! This was the game that had homefield written all over it. The place where GB is 0-9, the place where GB would prefer not to be if they reach the NFC Championship.

The big plays GB gave up on D really hurt, and the field position they gave away on Special Teams....(((shivering)))

Bossman641
11-30-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm not proud, but I'm not completely discouraged. I think we got outplayed by more than the score--even though we had a really bad call and a couple of questionable ones. However, I think Woodson and KGB would have made some difference. Some guys did play well (Rodgers, Grant, Hawk to name three). I'm hoping that more than anything Brett learned (from watching Rodgers, as hard is that is to believe) that you can move the ball on this defense if you stay patient. If our guys get healthy and Favre plays under control, we can beat that team. Also, I personally think Al gets too hyped up playing Terrell Owens. He can't play him in zone or when they put him in motion. If they meet again, I hope they put Chuck on Owens with safety help over the top and leave Al to bump Patrick Crayton into oblivion.

Agreed. For as big and strong as he is TO's game is more quickness than running people over. CW can cut and accelerate with the best of them. He needs to be on TO.

VegasPackFan
11-30-2007, 12:09 AM
I disagree with most in that I thought M3 called an aggressive game which challenged the Dallas D from the very beginning. If Favre even hits HALF of those throws we have that team on their heels and shell shocked. That is playing to your strength.

I also have a feeling that we will meet again this year, and I have no doubt that the next one will be a real war especially if we have our corners healthy and BF is there to play the whole game.

So lets see what happens in the post-season.

FritzDontBlitz
11-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Whatever the score may be - I am proud of this team. Everything that could go wrong, did - and they never gave up.

1) Initial coaching plan was terrible (play-actions with the defense not biting at all)
2) Our starting QB played awful and then was hurt
3) Some questionable calls, especially at the beginning of the game, went against us
4) A lot of injuries that prevented us from bringing our best to the field

These are not excuses - we lost to the better team.

However, a lesser team would have fallen under those - instead this team got back into the game, and had a chance to win (albeit a small one).

This bodes well for the future. I look forward to playing Dallas again.

OMFG :shock:

OPTIMISM!!!!!

After a loss to boot. I am thoroughly impressed. And yes, I was pissed earlier because a lot of us gave up on the game before the first quarter was over. But, its kind of fascinating to see how a loss could actually make people see good things on the horizon....

FritzDontBlitz
11-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Just a note.

Dallas does not have a cakewalk the rest of the way. They face 4 teams fighting for a playoff spot in the NFC: Detroit, Philly, Carolina and Washington. All but Philly are on the road. It might sound like wishful thinking but I can see them going 2-2 the rest of the way.. Detroit is not a cakewalk at Ford Field by any means, and Washington almost upset them in Dallas. Carolina might be their easiest game, but don't count Philly out either.

packinpatland
11-30-2007, 07:23 AM
10 days till the next game.
10 days to heal.
10 days to watch tape, talk about mistakes, misreads, lousy calls(by the coach and the refs)....
10 days to start working on the the next game, knowing that most starters will be back.
I'm not happy about the outcome last night, but am very happy about the way Rodgers played. He showed that he can do it.............in a big 'everyone-watching' game. With the youngness of the Packers, we are very set for a few years to come.

............and will finish this year 14-2!!!!!!