PDA

View Full Version : Manuel/Collins. The right fit?

RashanGary
05-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Manuel is smart, big, tough and assignment sure. He has the disipline needed to funnel plays to other team members which usually goes unoticed. However, he is not a complete player. Manuel does not excell in open space or in coverage. Because Collins has elite skills in that area, he won't be asked to play in space often as a Packer. Teaming Manuel with Collins helps to cover his weaknesses in the open field.

While Collins has playmaker potential, he hasn't shown the ability to make complicated reads. His job last season was to roam the deep middle and use his speed and hard-hitting mentality to just make plays. That's what he is; a playmaker. However, he won't be a playmaker if he's not put in a position to succeed. That is why the addition of Manuel seems so key. By teaming Collins with Manuel, it masks Collins deficiencies in run support and complicated zone defenses.

So Collins does what Manuel can't do and Manuel does what Collins can't do. As a tandem is there anything they can't do? At first blush I say no. I think this is a perfect match. Thompson usually takes his time in FA. In this case he jumped all over Mauel. Why? I think that he feels Manuel is the perfect fit for this Packers defense. My first impression is that I agree. Collins and Roman share the same strengths and weaknesses and ultimately create a hole in the mid level zone and run game. Collins/Manuel make a seemingly perfect combination. I think the addtion of Manuel is going to have a bigger impact than what his individual skills might indicate because of the perfect fit. Look for Collins to have a big year thanks to an extra year of experience and the roster stability that should allow the coaches to put him mostly in places to succeed.

chain_gang
05-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Excellent analysis Nick, I agree that they SHOULD compliment each other very well. Manuel should help a lot with the second level run defense, hopefully they can develope some great chemistry with each other, and fairly quick.

Deputy Nutz
05-14-2006, 05:24 PM
I am luke warm on Manuel. I also can see Collins having a slump in 2006. Th safety position and the depth at defensive end are my biggest question marks on this defense. If Collins plays as well or better than he did in 2005, and Manuel is at least an upgrade over Roman then the defense will have nothing to worry about in it's secondary.

The dark horse in all this might be Underwood. I think he is physical enough to be an in the box type safety, and if he keeps ahead of the learning curve in coverage the Packers might get a start or two out of him in the next couple of years.

For now it is Manuel and Collins, and I am more comfortable with those two than with Roman and Collins, or Roman and Sharper for that matter.

gbpackfan
05-14-2006, 06:18 PM
I don't know how you can predict a slump for Collins while predicting Underwood to step up. Underwood was HORRIBLE last year in coverage!!!! He was lost many times and was only a slightly above average special teams player. Collins got better and better as the season went on. He will be even better this year. Underwood will be lucky to make this team IMO.

Manuel will be better then most people think. The above analysis is right on. Manuel and Collins will compliment each other perfectly!

Deputy Nutz
05-14-2006, 08:57 PM
The reason I can do this is because I am the mad football genius.

The fact that Underwood was a 4th round pick, and everyone knew that he would struggle in 2005. I haven't heard alot about him this off season, which means he is either flying under the radar, by doing all the things that have been asked of him in the off season, or he is no where close to where he needs to be and Thompson blew a fourth round pick and wants no mention of it I think it is more of the first..

Bottom line is that Underwood makes this team as Roman is sent packing.

I hope Collins doesn't have a slump, but teams have a whole year of film on him, and if he doesn't improve on the mental part, teams could pick him apart. He played well considering where he came from, my only question is whether or not he can be the next Butler, and align himself and the defense every play, hell if he can just align himself every play I will take that.

RashanGary
05-14-2006, 09:01 PM
I think Underwood will improve as well. He was asked to play a much tougher position as a rookie. Sure they were both technically safteys but if you look at Collins responsibilities each play, he is basically playing center field. Underwood was asked to play complicated zone schemes and also worry about run support. In short, it was pretty damn complicated. I wouldn't rule him out just yet either.

Deputy Nutz
05-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Underwood saw very little tiime in the base defense, it wasn't until the final 4 games where he saw time on the defense in the nickel and dime defense. It wasn't always great coverage, but he didn't miss tackles when he was in there. I like Underwood because he isn't afraid to stick somebody. His own teammates made comments to the press during training camp about Underwoods ability to lay the wood.

b bulldog
05-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Hopefully Underwood makes an impression at camp and can push the starters.

KYPack
05-14-2006, 11:21 PM
I am luke warm on Manuel. I also can see Collins having a slump in 2006. Th safety position and the depth at defensive end are my biggest question marks on this defense. If Collins plays as well or better than he did in 2005, and Manuel is at least an upgrade over Roman then the defense will have nothing to worry about in it's secondary.

The dark horse in all this might be Underwood. I think he is physical enough to be an in the box type safety, and if he keeps ahead of the learning curve in coverage the Packers might get a start or two out of him in the next couple of years.

For now it is Manuel and Collins, and I am more comfortable with those two than with Roman and Collins, or Roman and Sharper for that matter.

Nutz, you are gonna love Manuel. He's your kind of player. NC is pretty close to the mark in his analysis of Marquand Manuel. He's a blue collar guy that will lay the wood to running backs and he won't whiff on any tackle on the TE. He has his troubles in space and in deep coverage.

But, he will bust his ass to get in position and will be working as hard in the fourth quarter as in the first. I think Nick Collins (the player) can work out a relationship on the field with Marquand and get him the help he needs to be confident.

I hear you on Underwood, but I haven't seen it. He is a short guy and didn't play with a bunch of confidence last year. I'm still halfway on the guy.

One way or another, I've seen quite enough of Roman. I say give the kid his shot and send Roman off. It ruins a D's confidecne when you have an in and outer like Roman in the DB.

RashanGary
05-14-2006, 11:54 PM
I really hope we can get a decent pass rush. I think keeping the DE's fresh is going to be important. I hope Montgomery gets 66% of the snaps. I think both Kamp and KGB will be more effective getting 66% instead of the 90 they have been getting.

Could you imagine fighting off blocks of O-lineman all game long. They have the hardest job and they are big guys. They need rest. I hope they get it.

A pass rush would be ideal. There are teams with worse DE's than Kamp, KGB and Montgomery. Not too many teams have 2 good ones and one servicable one.

Tarlam!
05-15-2006, 04:38 AM
The last time the 6-foot, 209-pound Manuel was on a football field was Feb. 5, when the Seahawks faced Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. With Seattle leading, 3-0, in the second quarter, Manuel pulled his groin muscle while tackling the Steelers' Hines Ward on an 18-yard gain on a reverse. The play sent Manuel flying out of bounds.

Manuel tried to recover by riding the stationary bike, but a return was out of the question.

"That was the most devastating thing in my life. To get to the pinnacle... ." Manuel said. "You know, God does different things for different reasons. I can't question it. But did I when I was riding the bike? I did."

Seattle had to go with third-string safety Eric Pruitt, a practice squad player. The Steelers went after Pruitt and he gave up a Super Bowl-record 75-yard touchdown run to Willie Parker. Pittsburgh went on to a 21-10 victory.

"It was hard to watch. I hate that I put him in that position and there wasn't anything I could do about it," Manuel said. "It was a routine tackle; I've done it a thousand times."

I read this and thought, WOW, what a way to be a team player. The other guy misses a tackle, and Marquel WHO IS NOT EVEN ON THE FIELD blames himself for the fuck up.

This is not Darren Sharper-esque. This is how I want my Packers to behave. This guy, I want in my locker room. This guy will be great!

Deputy Nutz
05-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Anyone remember Gabe Wilkins sitting on his fat ass while the Broncos ran the ball up and down the field on our ass in the 97 Super Bowl? I do. Our defensive line was gassed, especially at defensive end, and Wilkins tweaked his knee. He didn't want to risk further injury because he was due to be a free agent after the Super Bowl.

KYPack
05-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Anyone remember Gabe Wilkins sitting on his fat ass while the Broncos ran the ball up and down the field on our ass in the 97 Super Bowl? I do. Our defensive line was gassed, especially at defensive end, and Wilkins tweaked his knee. He didn't want to risk further injury because he was due to be a free agent after the Super Bowl.

How can we forget?

The only lineman that was a bigger piece of shit was Darius Holland, the guy who replaced Wilkins. It's taken this long to "get over" that game.

Patler
05-15-2006, 10:46 AM

How can we forget?

The only lineman that was a bigger piece of shit was Darius Holland, the guy who replaced Wilkins. It's taken this long to "get over" that game.

Kampman, KGB, Jenkins, Williams and Cole certainly are a different type of player than those guys, thankfully.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-15-2006, 12:42 PM
When your GM passed up the chance to draft Michael Huff (and the chances to resign Sharper and/or trade for Darius), that tells you your team is in a long run of mediocrity at the S position.

Manuel : Arturo Freeman.

Thompson loves safeties like Freeman. Freeman, much as he stinks, was better than Little and Underwood last year. Thompson cut Freeman because Freeman wanted to end their sexual relationship.

Now Manuel is in the picture. So much for the afterglow.

jack's smirking revenge
05-15-2006, 12:45 PM
When your GM passed up the chance to draft Michael Huff (and the chances to resign Sharper and/or trade for Darius), that tells you your team is in a long run of mediocrity at the S position.

So, since you phrased Thompson as "our" GM, are you no longer a Packer fan? Just curious because, if you are, he's your GM too...like it or not, agree with him or not.

tyler

OS PA
05-15-2006, 12:56 PM

Manuel : Arturo Freeman.

Thompson loves safeties like Freeman. Freeman, much as he stinks, was better than Little and Underwood last year. Thompson cut Freeman because Freeman wanted to end their sexual relationship.

Now Manuel is in the picture. So much for the afterglow.

I just traded Aaron Rodgers and my 1st and 2nd next year for Ed Reed and Kyle Boller, and I traded Kyle Boller and my 3rd and 4th next year to the Lions for Joey Harrington. Why oh why can't Thompson swing a trade like this?

Oh I remember now, real life isn't Madden.

Please tank pull your head out of your rear-end and try to use common sense. If a GM did everything you would want him to we'd be no better off, we'd probably be worse off and in much more debt than you'd ever dream of.

Think.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-15-2006, 12:58 PM

So, since you phrased Thompson as "our" GM, are you no longer a Packer fan? Just curious because, if you are, he's your GM too...like it or not, agree with him or not.

tyler

I am still a die hard Packer fan. Just not a Thompson fan. I don't how people can remain patient with the Polar Bear when its so fucking obvious she's running the Packers to the ground.

10-6 to 4-12 is all the proof you need to know that Thompson has burnt down the Packers down, winning speaking.

RashanGary
05-15-2006, 01:01 PM
We'll just have to wait and see on a lot of these things. I think the defense is going to be a lot better than last year.

Last season Thompson cut ties with many players. Sharper, Wahle, Rivera. We also lost Green and Walker to injury. Those might have been 5 of the top 10 players on the entire team the year before. The defense has always sucked so they did what was expected and folded at teh end of every game. The offense lost 4 pro-bowl level players and in turn where horrible.

Sharper
Wahle
Rivera
Walker
Green

Collins
Gado
Woodson
Hawk
Colledge/Jennings/Hodge

It looks like a lot of our play makers that departed have been replaced by younger up and coming play makers. Last season Collins was a rookie and was average. This season he should be really good. Gado, was good but IMO was not in top football shape and should be much better this year. Woodson is a physical hard nosed football player. Hawk is as good as anyone we lost IMO. Colledge/Jennings/Hodge add up something.

Last season we didn't really replace the departed players with much. This season we have a few players we can count on ot make plays. We'll see how it plays out but from a talent standpoint it doesn't look as bad as last year.

jack's smirking revenge
05-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Tank, I think its only obvious to you. We were five close games away from 9-7 last year. Yes, we ended up 4-12, but I don't blame that on him. We've got holes and we've got problems, but I'm not going to debate with you about the root and cause. We all know where you stand on the issue and there's really no point in debating it because your stance doesn't change. If there was any pliability or movement in your point of view, further debate might be worth it, but its really the same old Darius/Huff stuff.

tyler

Anti-Polar Bear
05-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I just traded Aaron Rodgers and my 1st and 2nd next year for Ed Reed and Kyle Boller, and I traded Kyle Boller and my 3rd and 4th next year to the Lions for Joey Harrington. Why oh why can't Thompson swing a trade like this?

Oh I remember now, real life isn't Madden.

Please tank pull your head out of your rear-end and try to use common sense. If a GM did everything you would want him to we'd be no better off, we'd probably be worse off and in much more debt than you'd ever dream of.

Think.

You should be the one thinking. You havent read my posts enough.

Here's I would do:
Resign Wahle
Restructure Sharper's contract
Draft Login Mankins in the 1st rd
Promise Walker a contract extension in 2006 when I will have about $35 M
Sign Courtney Brown

Sign LeCharles Bentley
Draft Michael Huff (1st rd, 5th overall, 3rd rd, 5th rd and 2007 conditional pick to Oakland for Moss and 7th overall)
Sign LaVer Arrington
Sign Peterson
Trade for Randy Moss
Trade for Joey Harrington (6th rd pick)
Sign Kampman
Sign Woodson
Sign Ahman Green to a 4 years deal

You can't argue that his starting lineup is not better than the one the Polar Bear is fucking with right now:

QB
Favre

RB
Green

WR
Moss
Walker
Driver

TE
Franks

OL
Clifton
Wahle
Bentley
Mankins
Tausher

DL
KGB
Kampman
Grady Jackson
Brown

LB
Peterson
Barnett
Arrington

CB
Woodson
Harris

S
Sharper
Huff

RashanGary
05-15-2006, 01:36 PM
I could draw one up better than that. However, there is a little thing called "reality" and most us conduct our reasoning within the limits of it.

RashanGary
05-15-2006, 01:38 PM
hehehe..That is a good roster though..

If you could get that done, you would be GM of the decade.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-15-2006, 01:43 PM
I could draw one up better than that. However, there is a little thing called "reality" and most us conduct our reasoning within the limits of it.

What i Just jot down is reality, except for maybe the Moss trade. Then again, with Walker and a good line, Pack had a top 3 offense. Wahle could be resigned; Sharper contract could be restructed; Mankins was available when Thompson picked 24th last year; Brown was a free agent and was available; With $35 M, Synder of Washington could sign eveyone on ESPN's top 10 free agent list.

Passing up opportunities is all Thompson has been doing since he become GM. In other words, he is fucking up the Packers.

Partial
05-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Tank say:

Here's I would do:
Resign Wahle
Restructure Sharper's contract
Draft Login Mankins in the 1st rd
Promise Walker a contract extension in 2006 when I will have about $35 M
Sign Courtney Brown

Sign LeCharles Bentley
Draft Michael Huff (1st rd, 5th overall, 3rd rd, 5th rd and 2007 conditional pick to Oakland for Moss and 7th overall)
Sign LaVer Arrington
Sign Peterson
Trade for Randy Moss
Trade for Joey Harrington (6th rd pick)
Sign Kampman
Sign Woodson
Sign Ahman Green to a 4 years deal

This year, Bentley is making over 10 million this season and averages over 6 million a year in his contract.

Last year, Mike Wahle cost 7.3 million against Carolina's cap, but his number drops to 4.7 million this year.

Darren Sharpers contract averages out to just about 5 million a year, but he is making 4 million this season.

Courtney Brown signed a one-year contract for 2.25 million.

Lavar Arrington has a 3.05 million cap number this season.

Julian Peterson has a 600,000 base salary and a 2.4 bonus being paid this year. His cap number is 3 million.

Moss is making 5.75 million this season.

Harrington has an 8 million cap number this season

Woodson has a 6.6 million cap number this season.

You're retarded. Truly retarded.

[/quote]

RashanGary
05-15-2006, 01:54 PM
What i Just jot down is reality, except for maybe the Moss trade. Then again, with Walker and a good line, Pack had a top 3 offense. Wahle could be resigned; Sharper contract could be restructed; Mankins was available when Thompson picked 24th last year; Brown was a free agent and was available; With $35 M, Synder of Washington could sign eveyone on ESPN's top 10 free agent list.

Passing up opportunities is all Thompson has been doing since he become GM. In other words, he is fucking up the Packers.

The problem with Washington is that they cannot do that because they have themselves in a hole from the last time they tried it. GB surely could have made themselves better last year. They could have made themselves better this year.

I didn't know they even had a word in the economic world for cause and effect within a budget but your term "oppertunity cost" pretty much sums up why most teams don't do what Washington does. They don't have the oppertunity to do today what they want because of what they did yesterday. Thompson has the oppertunity to do those things today because of what he did yesterday. One action does effect the next. It's not on a year to year basis because those bonuses effect future years. Washington opperates barely within the cap. They never use creative ways to push things forward because they are too busy finding ways to use it all right now. It is efficient for today but is it effective in the long term? I don't think so.

The Leaper
05-15-2006, 02:08 PM
The problem with Washington is that they haven't sniffed an NFL title since Mark Rypien was tossing the pigskin...regardless of Snyder's spending sprees.

No NFL team that has made large scale free agent purchases has challenged for an NFL title soon after during the era of free agency. Most recent Super Bowl winners have built primarily through the draft, and added a couple well chosen free agents to fill in specific holes after the roster was filling with talent.

That is the fact that some people choose to overlook when they draw up Madden-esque proposals.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-15-2006, 02:20 PM
The problem with Washington is that they haven't sniffed an NFL title since Mark Rypien was tossing the pigskin...regardless of Snyder's spending sprees.

No NFL team that has made large scale free agent purchases has challenged for an NFL title soon after during the era of free agency. Most recent Super Bowl winners have built primarily through the draft, and added a couple well chosen free agents to fill in specific holes after the roster was filling with talent.

That is the fact that some people choose to overlook when they draw up Madden-esque proposals.

Washington was never in a cap hell also. They were better than the Packers last year. They look better than the Packers this year.

The Packers when Sherman was demoted had a top 3 offense. Keep it intact and add "a couple of well chosen free agents to fill specific holes" on defense and add 4 players through the draft (1 and 2 rds in 05 and 06; Mankins, Collins, Huff, etc.) and Pack would still be a contender.

To quote Mr. Partial, but nothing personal, you are a retard. truly a retard. :wink:

The Leaper
05-15-2006, 02:27 PM
If you think the 2004 Packer defense had only a few holes to patch through free agency, then you must have been watching a different team.

The bottom line was that it was impossible to keep the 2004 offense together. Rivera was aging and it would've been dumb to match the offer Dallas gave him. Wahle wanted out of Green Bay, and had a contract completed with another team just hours after he had the chance to start looking elsewhere. Ahman Green was already starting to look a little old at the end of 2004. The power run attack just wasn't going to remain viable without those 3 players in the lineup at 100%.

RashanGary
05-15-2006, 02:30 PM
f u you retard :wink:

Yeah..I did a thread a long time ago on JS called "going from a GM who borrows from the future to a GM that saves for it is like taking it in the butt, OUCH..."

Sherman opperated a lot like Washington. They did what it took to be the best today even if it meant long term overspending and future cap problems. Both Sherman and Snyder lived in the now and it gets harder and harder each year to keep it up. Thompson is quite the opposite. When he walked in, he saw a lot of contracts that where good today but not in the best intrerest of GB. He cut ties even though it hurt today, he believed it was good for the overall health of the football opperations.

I know you believe that there are unlimited ways to continue to cover up for those types of issues and that the cap is not unlimited but if you're creative it can be unimited. I disagree. I think you can be creative and push it really far in either direction. Once you hit that wall, you have less flexibility and you are still only able to extend tat cieling so far. Thompson is the type who has a savings built up for surprises and Sherman was the type who took out loans. Thompson took over a bunch of loans and instead of living in today, he paid them off right now and it came at the expence of todays life style. Just like taking it in the butt...It hurts at first but after a few minutes she kind of likes it....

Anti-Polar Bear
05-15-2006, 02:56 PM
If you think the 2004 Packer defense had only a few holes to patch through free agency, then you must have been watching a different team.

The bottom line was that it was impossible to keep the 2004 offense together. Rivera was aging and it would've been dumb to match the offer Dallas gave him. Wahle wanted out of Green Bay, and had a contract completed with another team just hours after he had the chance to start looking elsewhere. Ahman Green was already starting to look a little old at the end of 2004. The power run attack just wasn't going to remain viable without those 3 players in the lineup at 100%.

Impossible? Not. Wahle wanted MORE money; he did not want out of Green Bay. Thompson chose not to match Carolina's offer, even if the money was there ($7.5M). Logon Mankins couldve replaced Rivera. Mankins was picked last in the 1st rd last year by NE. Obviously, he was avialbale when thompson fell in love with Rodgers. Green wasn't healthy the last part of 2004; a healthy Green is a All pro rb.

As for the Defense, let's see here: Pack need a dominate DE, two more productive LBs, another CB and a playmaking S.

DE: John Abraham or Courney Brown or Draft Pick

LB: Arrington and Peterson (if you say they wouldnt want to play in Green Bay, then you are also saying that thompson lacks the charisma to lure such players here, which is true; therefore, thompson is the equivalent of a coach at a college program who sucks at recruiting blue chippers; wouldnt it be wise than, to find some one else who can get the job done?)

CB: Woodson

S: Sharper, Darius or Huff alongside Collins. Or Darius and Sharper, or Sharper and Huff, or Huff and Darius.

The world is full of alternatives. What i just jot down is just one. The fact is that the alternative thompson chose produced 4-12.

HarveyWallbangers
05-15-2006, 03:25 PM
I am luke warm on Manuel.

I can see why somebody would be, but I will add that Manuel did play well last year. I watched the situation closely. I thought Seattle would really be hurt by the loss of Ken Hamlin, but Manuel came through strongly. They were really hurt in the Super Bowl when Manuel went out and was replaced by Etric Pruitt. That doesn't mean Manuel will carry it over in Green Bay, but we could be getting a guy who is just hitting his stride, and at an affordable price.

Tony Oday
05-15-2006, 03:28 PM
I had that same team in Madden with the salary cap turned off!

Tank your reality is a little warped but hell I would like that roster.

I would add Brady at QB, T.O. Walker and Randy Moss at WR. Larry Johnson and Tiki Barber at RB. The KC chiefs O line. That would be my offense all I have to do is wheel and deal I could EASILY get that done...

OR.............

NOT :twisted:

I want a public declaration from you that when we go to the playoffs in this season or the next you retract ALL the TT comments and say you are WRONG.

Deputy Nutz
05-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I am luke warm on Manuel.

I can see why somebody would be, but I will add that Manuel did play well last year. I watched the situation closely. I thought Seattle would really be hurt by the loss of Ken Hamlin, but Manuel came through strongly. They were really hurt in the Super Bowl when Manuel went out and was replaced by Etric Pruitt. That doesn't mean Manuel will carry it over in Green Bay, but we could be getting a guy who is just hitting his stride, and at an affordable price.

I think he is worth what Thompson spent on him. He was a solid starter on a very decent defense of a Super Bowl caliber team. What concerns me about Manuel is his lack of turnover production. This team needs players like Hawk and Hodge on the roster to cause more turnovers. The Packer turnover production has been laughable.

Without a doubt Manuel is a better football player than Roman, and for 2 million a year it was a great move. It could also be a move that could come back and burn the Packers, if Manuel plays like a career backup in 2006, it will be especially crappy considering how strong the safety position was in the 2006 draft.

RashanGary
05-15-2006, 03:56 PM
I think Manuel was brought in because he is a smart, assignment sure SS. I think Thompson wanted to make sure Collins could just be free and not have to be slowed down by complicated assingnments.

Collins is going to get let free and Manuel is going to do the little things that Collins can't do. That is my view on it.

Collins got his hands on a few passes and was close on a few more last year. I think he's going to create a few TO's this year. I think Hawk will create some and Woodson/Harris should get a few.

Not only should they create more big plays but they don't have any glaring weaknesses so it's going to be hard for teams to get consistant yards through the air or ground

MJZiggy
05-15-2006, 04:32 PM
I had that same team in Madden with the salary cap turned off!

Tank your reality is a little warped but hell I would like that roster.

I would add Brady at QB, T.O. Walker and Randy Moss at WR. Larry Johnson and Tiki Barber at RB. The KC chiefs O line. That would be my offense all I have to do is wheel and deal I could EASILY get that done...

OR.............

NOT :twisted:

I want a public declaration from you that when we go to the playoffs in this season or the next you retract ALL the TT comments and say you are WRONG.

You can't trust Tank to do what he says. He told me that if TT brought in one big name free agent that he would sip a little kool-aid with me and he's failed to do that. He lied.

Scott Campbell
05-15-2006, 06:09 PM
You can't trust Tank to do what he says. He told me that if TT brought in one big name free agent that he would sip a little kool-aid with me and he's failed to do that. He lied.

I refuse to believe Tank would not be true to his word. Ever. To me, Tank's name is synonomous with integrity. Or something.

:roll:

MJZiggy
05-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Or something. :shock:

Either way, his arguments have no merit until he honors his obligations.

Partial
05-15-2006, 07:30 PM
tank, I just reread your post. You think a 3rd, a 5th, trading down two spots in the first, and a conditional pick are enough to land randy moss AND the 7th pick in the draft?

MadtownPacker
05-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Collins got his hands on a few passes and was close on a few more last year. I think he's going to create a few TO's this year.
Collins WAS oh so close to getting some picks that he would have took to the house. I mean they hit him the hands! With his speed no one that aint a WR is gonna catch him. He is just plain sick. Plus he hits like a load of bricks!!

I was real pissed when the predator was traded to the Aints but Collins(the pick traded) has lessened that with his play last season. He didnt even play great, just somewhat solid but showing flashes of his ability. IF he can be out there playing centerfield he will get those INTs.

RashanGary
05-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah, his speed allows him to be in positions that QB's don't think is possible untill well after they release the ball.

A QB might throw up a ball that he knows is out of the FS reach but when he looks again, Collins is on it.

b bulldog
05-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Collins should be a probowler within two years.