PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sando says it best....

BallHawk
11-29-2007, 10:59 PM
The Cowboys now have the inside track on home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs. That is huge for them. In terms of sending messages, Dallas' victory tonight doesn't rise to that level. Green Bay seriously challenged in this game despite missing its best cornerback and one of its better pass rushers, and despite losing Brett Favre to a first-half injury. Favre was struggling, but many times he's shown an ability to come back and win games.

This loss sets back the Packers in the standings, but not in their development. Aaron Rodgers showed he can play. The Packers showed they can challenge the best team in the NFC on the road and without key players, and with right tackle Mark Tauscher barely functioning on that bad ankle.

The Cowboys are very impressive. Look at how much the Chargers have struggled in trying to adjust to a new coaching staff. The Cowboys have had no such problems. Tony Romo is playing like an elite quarterback this season, no small feat given how he struggled late last season.

Let's see how the Cowboys perform defensively down the stretch. They have the offense to win a Super Bowl. They'll need their defense to improve if they're going to slow down New England. I'm not sure they'll be able to do that this season. Terence Newman's injury situation is one potential issue.

Scott Campbell
11-29-2007, 11:00 PM
What the hell happened to TO in the second half?

Badgerinmaine
11-30-2007, 09:41 AM
I think the Sando article is right on the mark, too.

LL2
11-30-2007, 10:01 AM
I think the future is bright for the Packers with or without Favre. I think we will see another Lombardi trophy coming to GB in the next few years if TT can strengthen a few more areas of the team. This team is legit!

oregonpackfan
11-30-2007, 10:07 AM
What the hell happened to TO in the second half?

It didn't matter what T.O. did in the second half. He had done too much damage to the Packers in the first half. Harris simply could not handle him.

SudsMcBucky
11-30-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't think it's quite the lock that he makes it out to, though. Yes, they control their own destiny, now. However, it NEEDS to be noted that 3 of their last 4 games are on the road.

Also, the record of the Cowboys last 4 teams are a combined 20-24 compared to the Packers remaining opponents of 16-28, with 2 games remaining at home.

Do I necessarily think we'll still get the #1 seed? No. But I'm not conceding anything as a gimme putt quite yet.

The Leaper
11-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Do I necessarily think we'll still get the #1 seed? No. But I'm not conceding anything as a gimme putt quite yet.

Why fight for it?

Our team is not at all healthy. Favre is dinged. Wood is dinged. KGB is dinged. Collins is dinged. Jolly is dinged.

Let's just worry about winning the division, getting that #2 seed and getting healthy. The Cowboys aren't going to lose more than 1 of their remaining games.

RashanGary
11-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Let's just worry about winning the division, getting that #2 seed and getting healthy. The Cowboys aren't going to lose more than 1 of their remaining games.

I agree. Just keep progressing on the Oline and with the offense as a whole, get the defense healthy and clean up the ST's. We're going to play in Dallas in 6 weeks. The focus now should be to improve enough to beat them and to get our defensive difference makers back on the field.

FritzDontBlitz
11-30-2007, 11:15 AM

I agree. Just keep progressing on the Oline and with the offense as a whole, get the defense healthy and clean up the ST's. We're going to play in Dallas in 6 weeks. The focus now should be to improve enough to beat them and to get our defensive difference makers back on the field.

I think Dallas' next loss comes at Ford Field in 9 days.

Terrence Newman got hurt last night?