PDA

View Full Version : Packers Stll Can't Cover Tight Ends

oregonpackfan
11-29-2007, 11:32 PM
The secondary coverage was poor tonight but what consistently showed up again was the Packers cannot cover a good pass-receiving tight end.

In the 4th quarter, Romo completed 3 straight passes to the Cowboys tight end, Witten. It seemed like other critical parts of the game, that Romo found Witten as well.

b bulldog
11-29-2007, 11:33 PM
nONE OF OUR lbS OR S's could cover the TE.

HarveyWallbangers
11-29-2007, 11:34 PM
He only had 66 yards--which is less than his average per game this year. They were fine on Witten. Their problem was that they got little pass rush and the safeties and young corners got exposed. It might have helped if we got a pass rush. Everybody in coverage is going to look bad in that case. Dallas has a good OL, and their domination of our DL in pass blocking was the key to their 37 points, IMHO.

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Maybe Witten didn't get a lot of total yards, but he seemed to catch a lot of key 3rd down passes.

Didn't seem like the Packers could stop 3rd and long the whole game, the longer the better from the Cowboy's perspective.

I don't think you can even talk about "the secondary", Packers didn't have half their players. It was a ragtag group, I don't think Nick Collins was ready to return, Aaron Rouse unavailable.

I am patient with Bigby, but it seems like he regularly tackles out of bounds, I saw at least two plays where he flirted with a flag. And he keeps grabbing the face masks.

b bulldog
11-30-2007, 12:06 AM
They didn't throw to him that often cause TO was open all day. The Oline was the difference and it will be again if we play them down the road. Their Oline is dominant.

Zool
11-30-2007, 07:54 AM
They didn't throw to him that often cause TO was open all day. The Oline was the difference and it will be again if we play them down the road. Their Oline is dominant.

QFT. D-Line is banged up and it showed. Kampy got some pressure. Jenkins was getting neck-tied all night and ridden to the ground, but I think it was only called once. That was pissing me off.

Badgerinmaine
11-30-2007, 09:39 AM
QFT.
Okay, I know I'm an old goat of 44, but what's that mean? :?:

Brohm
11-30-2007, 09:40 AM
QFT=Quoted for truth

Badgerinmaine
11-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Learn something every day...thanks.