PDA

View Full Version : Lose the battle--Win the war!

swede
11-30-2007, 07:56 AM
We may have lost this battle, but we are still in position to win the war.

Aaron looked like he'll be a fine NFL quarterback. He has been very well-behaved and hard-working in his three year understudy of Favre. I was enormously critical of ARod for busting his foot during one series of mop-up duty, but I will grant him his due this morning: He's ready whenever he's needed. He played pretty good against a damn fine team last night.

Unless this team has a hangover loss or lose to somebody they shouldn't in our first playoff game, we will see them again in Dallas and I believe even more today that we can win that game in January than I did before this loss.

We can play with Dallas.

Maxie the Taxi
11-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Ditto.

RashanGary
11-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I agree.

Jolly is better in the run, allows Pickett and Williams to get rest and allows Williams to focus almost solely on rushing the passer. Just having Jolly back would make the Packers better in the run because he's a top run stopper and in the pass because he allows Williams to do what he does best.

KGB's 3rd down role this year speaks for itself. He would have gotten to Romo. I look forward to the next meeting.

Chuck is a probowler. His play speaks for itself and will change the outcome of the next game.

This was a tough game, but our offense can score on that team, and our defense can be a lot stronger next time we meet (esspecially with the pass rush). On top of that, our ST's just stunk and I don't know that we should count on a repeat performance of that.

Dallas had every one of their players that they will have next time in this game. We were missing a bunch of ours. I think the Packers can (and should) beat that team next time around.

oregonpackfan
11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Again, Packer fans need to look at the standings and remember the team is a remarkable 10-2!

That's right, 10-2!

This loss is just a bump in the road to the playoffs. With a 10 day layoff, the team will get healthy, remember that Favre needs to "Dink and Dunk" and not go for the long ball so often, and win the majority of the remaining games.

With a first round bye, the Packers will start the playoffs with a lot of momentum.

Badgepack
11-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Agree 100%, but it still sucks losing to the damn Cowgirls.

FritzDontBlitz
11-30-2007, 11:03 AM
We may have lost this battle, but we are still in position to win the war.

Aaron looked like he'll be a fine NFL quarterback. He has been very well-behaved and hard-working in his three year understudy of Favre. I was enormously critical of ARod for busting his foot during one series of mop-up duty, but I will grant him his due this morning: He's ready whenever he's needed. He played pretty good against a damn fine team last night.

Unless this team has a hangover loss or lose to somebody they shouldn't in our first playoff game, we will see them again in Dallas and I believe even more today that we can win that game in January than I did before this loss.

We can play with Dallas.

I agree. To be honest I think if you take away all the god-awful penalties in the second half we might be raving about A-rod being a savior. I can't really fault the younguns on defense, that was probably the most intense situation they've seen in their entire pro careers. I also believe Dallas shot their wads last night and won't have anything new to scare the Packers with should they meet again come playoff time. Advantage: Packers. 8-)

Freak Out
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
If we get healthy the outcome will be different...with the Packers winning. When TO goes in motion away from Harris it will be to Woodson...with the DL healthy the pressure will have a much better chance of getting to Romo and hopefully get him on the ground or force him to make a mistake or three. Tauscher might have an ankle to work on instead of a peg leg. Maybe the coaching staff and the QB will stick to the offenses strengths and not try and sit back and get creamed right after throwing up a prayer (granted they all weren't prayers but Favre paid a price every time he held it for more than about 2 seconds).

It was nice to see the offense and Rogers play well together! They kept it together and NEVER lost the desire to fight.

Badgerinmaine
11-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I agree 100% with Swede.

Tarlam!
11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
I also believe Dallas shot their wads last night and won't have anything new to scare the Packers with should they meet again come playoff time. Advantage: Packers. 8-)

Nice Kool-Aidey sentiments, but, I can't toast your observation.

Far more, I think they did all they needed to to win. These guys are not the Patriots. They didn't risk too much to need to stay ahead.

Just like the Pack easing up in Detroit and against Carolina, I think the Cowboys eased up on us.

That's not to say, I think we couldn't take 'em, full strength.

The Leaper
11-30-2007, 01:42 PM
It will be nice to make a return trip to Dallas after a bye week and home playoff game...not after finishing up a 2 game road trip in 7 days on short preparation.

DannoMac21
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
The Packers were 13-3 when they won the Super Bowl in '96.

The Bears were 10-2 at this point last season and made the Super Bowl.

I think we're on our way. I'm sorry, but after last night's loss I just have a feeling that we're gonna get some great confidence, knowing that we can play with anyone.

hoosier
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I also believe Dallas shot their wads last night and won't have anything new to scare the Packers with should they meet again come playoff time. Advantage: Packers. 8-)

Far more, I think they did all they needed to to win. These guys are not the Patriots. They didn't risk too much to need to stay ahead.

Just like the Pack easing up in Detroit and against Carolina, I think the Cowboys eased up on us.

Agree about the easing up thing: this game was not nearly as close as the final score, and it looked eerily like the GB-Det game in that Dallas moved the ball at will when they had to. If they play again, the only way it's competitive is if GB can find a way to battle them to a draw at the line of scrimmmage. But if Dallas continues to pressure Favre and stone the GB pass rush, the outcome will be the same.

Ballboy
11-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Nice way to fix all the problems is to stomp a mud-hole on the Oakland Raiders next weekend.

FritzDontBlitz
11-30-2007, 02:23 PM

Agree about the easing up thing: this game was not nearly as close as the final score, and it looked eerily like the GB-Det game in that Dallas moved the ball at will when they had to. If they play again, the only way it's competitive is if GB can find a way to battle them to a draw at the line of scrimmmage. But if Dallas continues to pressure Favre and stone the GB pass rush, the outcome will be the same.

Well, I wasn't able to see the game, but after listening to those who did see it the consensus seems to be that there were plays to be made early in the game but rather than take what was there and be patient Favre kept going for it all. Apparently the hits were due to him holding the ball too long trying to find a man open deep when the medium routes were there the whole time. If Favre can settle down and go back to doing what he's been doing all season, they will have a much better showing on offense. They will definitely need more offensive production in a rematch to keep Romo and Co. off the field and allow the Packer defense to regroup, but I don't think its an insurmountable task. The defense definitely needs to play better but they won't be undermanned like they were last night either. Even though I couldnt actually see the game I was able to "watch" thru the Gamecenter option on nfl.com. I noticed that once GB closed the gap to 27-24, every second half drive by Dallas seemed to be aided by some huge penalty: two on Atari Bigby and the last TD by Dallas was due to the late pass interference call on Tramon Williams that gave the Cowboys first and goal at the Green Bay 5. It's inconceivable that even the rookies would play that badly if we saw them in Texas again....

Tarlam!
11-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Johnnie and I have just developed a new theory. In fact, Johnnie is insisting this is fact, based on what he believes he saw!!

We think, M3 threw the game, in sort. We think, M3 his trying to play chess and is planning 20 moves ahead. We think, he saw this game as sacrificing a pawn, or even a bishp/rook/knight to ultimately make a decisive move when the time comes.

Anyway, we think M3 knows, we will again face Dallas, and his play-calling last night was his version of sacrificing a chess piece to achieve "Check-Mate".

And, Johnnie said to say "hi".

swede
11-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Cowpoke Rope-a-Dope.

Take 'em in Round Three of the playoffs.

hoosier
11-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Well, I wasn't able to see the game, but after listening to those who did see it the consensus seems to be that there were plays to be made early in the game but rather than take what was there and be patient Favre kept going for it all. Apparently the hits were due to him holding the ball too long trying to find a man open deep when the medium routes were there the whole time. If Favre can settle down and go back to doing what he's been doing all season, they will have a much better showing on offense. They will definitely need more offensive production in a rematch to keep Romo and Co. off the field and allow the Packer defense to regroup, but I don't think its an insurmountable task. The defense definitely needs to play better but they won't be undermanned like they were last night either. Even though I couldnt actually see the game I was able to "watch" thru the Gamecenter option on nfl.com. I noticed that once GB closed the gap to 27-24, every second half drive by Dallas seemed to be aided by some huge penalty: two on Atari Bigby and the last TD by Dallas was due to the late pass interference call on Tramon Williams that gave the Cowboys first and goal at the Green Bay 5. It's inconceivable that even the rookies would play that badly if we saw them in Texas again....

I saw the same feed you did, so I definitely didn't have a full game to look at. The penalties were one thing, and there were also a few choice blown coverages or "what was that?" kind of plays: allowing Crayton to get wide open on 3rd & 19 (hold them to three-and-out there and it might have been a different second half), Fasano's td, Al Harris forgetting to turn and play the ball on deep passes to Owens....The whole defense just looked discombobulated. But if that's what it was, maybe it's nothing that can't be fixed the next time around.

CaliforniaCheez
01-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Cowpoke Rope-a-Dope.

Take 'em in Round Three of the playoffs.

Close but no cigar.