PDA

View Full Version : The Longest 9 Days

Tarlam!
11-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Digest this loss. Difficult as it is to do that, how sweet are we? Sitting perched #2 in the NFC and in the hunt. I think most of us thought we'd be in the hunt for smaller game; maybe a WC spot, or at best, battling for the 4th best division winner's spot.

Instead, we really need a complete collapse to be denied another bye week. Who would have ever predicted this, save Tex? And Tex, from the old days, is, well, crazy.

That loss last night might have been avoided. Execution and/or play calling was definately sub par. I am on record for wanting Schott's head from ages ago.

Still, the Green Bay Packers' record is 10-2. That alone is a sensation. If we lose every regular season game from here on in, we STILL make the post season. Who would have ever thought that we would be knowing this at week 13 in week 1?

We lost. Or, as Al Harris puts it "we didn't win". As my wonderful sister would say, "Build a bridge and get over it". She's right.

Cheers Pack. Cheers Packers' Fans!

Ballboy
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
9 days rest gives Brett & company a chance to get healthy again....that is my saving grace!!!

FritzDontBlitz
11-30-2007, 02:30 PM
LMAO I was just gonna post a similar thread. But yeah, it aint a bad situation to be in.

Do you guys remember how pissed off and frustrated the Packers were after losing to Dallas in 1996? Reggie White was so hot he yelled at a cameraman on the sidelines for trying to film them on the bench in the closing minutes. They lost 21-9, all the Cowboys points were scored on field goals.

It was their second consecutive loss to push them to 9-3. This kinda feels the same, and we know how well that season turned out.

Can I pour you a glass of this Koolaid? :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Wasn't Reggie hot because Dallas kicked a team record 7th FG when they didn't need to or something like that?

FritzDontBlitz
11-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Wasn't Reggie hot because Dallas kicked a team record 7th FG when they didn't need to or something like that?

Yes he was. It was a rookie kicker too. Reggie started a showing match on the field cuz I guess he thought Switzer was running up the score.

MJZiggy
11-30-2007, 02:56 PM

What have you got to put in it?

AtlPackFan
11-30-2007, 03:35 PM

MJ, you don't put nothing in it! Koolaid (Of the GBP variety) is meant to be poured in a snifter, sipped and enjoyed!!! :wink:

Cleft Crusty
11-30-2007, 03:50 PM

Yes he was. It was a rookie kicker too. Reggie started a showing match on the field cuz I guess he thought Switzer was running up the score.

It was Boniol - and not only was it a team record, but at the time it was the single game NFL record for number of FGs in a game shared by two others and was tied by Cundiff in 2003. It has recently been surpassed by Tennessee's Rob Bironas.

In any event, the comparison to 1996 is interesting as the Packers lost because they were missing Brooks, Freeman and Chmura on offense, like this year's squad missing defenders. It breaks down because the 1996 Cowboys had lost a step and were beaten by a better Carolina team in the Divisional round. Plus, GB was far better on defense in 1996, allowing only 16 TDs the entire season. Also, they blitzed effectively from time to time.

Tarlam!
11-30-2007, 03:54 PM
I just got knighted. Cleft Crusty posted on my thread.

From now on, I expect to be called Sir Tar!

MJZiggy
11-30-2007, 04:00 PM
You're not Sir Tar until he responds directly to you, dear...now see Sir FritzDontBlitz over here....

FritzDontBlitz
11-30-2007, 04:34 PM

Hmmmm. I can restock my Cuervo arsenal if you like :oops:

FritzDontBlitz
11-30-2007, 04:38 PM

It was Boniol - and not only was it a team record, but at the time it was the single game NFL record for number of FGs in a game shared by two others and was tied by Cundiff in 2003. It has recently been surpassed by Tennessee's Rob Bironas.

In any event, the comparison to 1996 is interesting as the Packers lost because they were missing Brooks, Freeman and Chmura on offense, like this year's squad missing defenders. It breaks down because the 1996 Cowboys had lost a step and were beaten by a better Carolina team in the Divisional round. Plus, GB was far better on defense in 1996, allowing only 16 TDs the entire season. Also, they blitzed effectively from time to time.

I am offering up the Cowpoots to be this season's biggest playoff upset, opening the door for the Pack to have homefield advantage for the NFC Championship. And since I'm "Sir Fritz of Blitz" now, ya'll gotta listen.... :cow:

Tarlam!
12-03-2007, 11:46 AM
These are a long 9 days....COME ON OAKLAND!!!!!

mmmdk
12-03-2007, 11:55 AM
These are a long 9 days....COME ON OAKLAND!!!!!

God said to Favre: 'bring on the oaky, oaky! :lol: