PDA

View Full Version : Favre WILL start against Raiders!

gbpackfan
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Not that it was ever really in question. :D

Friday, November 30, 2007
Favre expected to play next week
Quarterback Brett Favre has a bruised right elbow -- a less serious injury than he suffered last November -- and is expected to play Dec. 9 against Oakland, coach Mike McCarthy said this afternoon.

Favre also aggravated an old separation on his left (non-throwing) shoulder, but that injury isn't a concern, according to McCarthy.

"To quote the medical staff, the (starting) streak is not in danger," McCarthy said.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

BF4MVP
11-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Good to hear :D

ny10804
11-30-2007, 03:51 PM
The little devil on my shoulder is asking me if this is really the best thing for the Packers. Maybe let Favre beat up on the Faiders for a half and let Rodgers finish the game to prevent further aggrevation of his elbow.

gbpackfan
11-30-2007, 04:12 PM
The little devil on my shoulder is asking me if this is really the best thing for the Packers. Maybe let Favre beat up on the Faiders for a half and let Rodgers finish the game to prevent further aggrevation of his elbow.

Is this really the best thing for the Packers? Are you serious? Favre has played through much worse injuries in the past. I think some of us want the Packers to coast into the playoffs on cruise control. Make no mistake, we can't let up, NOT FOR A MINUTE. We need that first round bye. I don't care if Favre has one leg and 3 fingers, he starts!

But I agree with you on one thing, a blow out that allows Rodgers to come in would be a great thing. But we need a WIN. WE MUST HAVE THIS WIN.

Pacopete4
11-30-2007, 05:09 PM
hell no dont let up.. but i would not mind a 31-3 score at half and let favre take the first drive down the field starting the 2nd half and score and then let the backups get their much needed playing time

our lack of depth in the secondary is hurting us badly

billy_oliver880
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
I really think that the raiders are going to put up more of a fight then you all think.

Freak Out
11-30-2007, 06:35 PM
I really think that the raiders are going to put up more of a fight then you all think.

I get the feeling it's going to be no cake walk either..

MadtownPacker
11-30-2007, 07:54 PM

I get the feeling it's going to be no cake walk either..I get the feeling you guys haven't watched many raider game this year.

If the Pack doesnt blow them up they dont deserve to be in the playoffs! This game is gonna be for the AFC West title afterall!! :D

Little Whiskey
11-30-2007, 08:27 PM
I figured so, but after he didn't return in the second half i was starting to doubt. Since, I'll be at the game next I really hoped he'd play. we're not going to get to see him play live, many more times.

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm joining Madtown on the Raider Nation bandwagon

Rastak
11-30-2007, 09:43 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oregonpackfan
11-30-2007, 10:01 PM

Harlan,

Shame on you! Turn in your cheesehead! :)

LL2
12-01-2007, 07:28 AM

That avatar is a disgrace! Put Harlan in the Packerrats jail for week!

MadtownPacker
12-01-2007, 09:55 AM
I have an even better idea. We will make him keep that avatar until next season. It will make him feel like a total moron, well at least more than usual.

BEARMAN
12-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Is playing favre a good idea ? Why? Let him heal up totaly. This Raider game dosen't mean that much , dose it? Hurt favre in this game and maybe lose him in the playoffs ? Face it, favre is old, and getting older, there will come a time when the pack has no lord favre ! :twisted:

MadtownPacker
12-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Maybe bearman is right. He above anyone else would know best how it feels to not have a great QB lining up under center every Sunday. :D

Harlan Huckleby
12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
I have an even better idea. We will make him keep that avatar until next season. It will make him feel like a total moron, well at least more than usual.

Who's making you keep yours? Did you lose a bet?

I'm just following your lead, el Capitan. When I think Silver & Black, I think tough, Ford Tough. I think Raiders, I think growling fans with face paint, I think Madtown, I think Jim Rome.

http://www.clearchannel.com/radio/images/JimRome.jpg

MadtownPacker
12-01-2007, 07:46 PM
When I think Silver & Black, I think tough, Ford Tough. I think Raiders, I think growling fans with face paint, I think Madtown, I think Jim Rome.

http://www.clearchannel.com/radio/images/JimRome.jpgShut the hell up..

You know your worn out ass thinks of how easy it would be to drive across the Bay Bridge to San Francisco and hit up Castro!

Joemailman
12-01-2007, 09:02 PM

Got your jersey?

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee20/joemailman25/prod-1.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
love those bad-ass silver & black colors. And my favorite position, too!

Charles Woodson
12-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Is playing favre a good idea ? Why? Let him heal up totaly. This Raider game dosen't mean that much , dose it? Hurt favre in this game and maybe lose him in the playoffs ? Face it, favre is old, and getting older, there will come a time when the pack has no lord favre ! :twisted:

Yea well thursday proved that rodgers is better than any bears quarterback.... Then again thats not saying much :knll:

Scott Campbell
12-02-2007, 08:33 AM

Who would you rather have retired from football - Favre, or Grossman?