PDA

View Full Version : Is the 3rd time the charm??? I think so...

packers11
11-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Remember in 2004 when the packers swept the Vikings and it looked like an easy playoff win when they were going to come to Lambeau... It got me thinking a lot today, what if...

What if we sweep the Lions/Vikings and we have to meet one them in the playoffs... I'm sorry but the chances of them pulling of a win could be pretty good...

But besides the packers, this made me think a lot about the Giants...

The Cowboys swept the Giants this season, and there has been alot of controversy in the Giants locker room how they just want one more shot because they think they are "the better team".

... What if that shot comes in the playoffs??? Could the Giants pull a Vikings, and stun the fans of Dallas... For me personally, I could see if happening because when you play a team 3 TIMES in one season they are bound to get your number or have some luck roll their way...

I just brought this up because everyone is over looking as Packers/Cowboys in the NFC Championship, but I could see it a lot different if the Giants have to go visit Dallas one more time, or if the Vikings/Lions have one more shot at the packers...

Thoughts??? Is everyone over looking other teams in the NFC???

MJZiggy
11-30-2007, 06:03 PM
That's a really nice thought. I'm not, it's just that the big assholes are really far ahead and people see the trend continuing.

mmmdk
12-01-2007, 09:06 AM
I want the Bears at Lambeau in the playoffs. Not Philly or Bucs...please!

GBRulz
12-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I want the Bears at Lambeau in the playoffs.

They will certainly have to cough up the dough, tix will be $$$$$

Merlin
12-01-2007, 11:30 AM
The Giants have to MAKE the playoffs for that to happen. With Eli Manning, I am not sure that is going to happen.

Brohm
12-01-2007, 03:08 PM
If I recall correstly we have beaten the Lions 3x before. Tough yes, but we have done it. The Vikings game is up there with Atlanta as far as a WTF game.

4and12to12and4
12-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I do not want to see ANY North teams in the playoffs or the Eagles or Redskins. Any other team, I think we have a good chance of beating in our first game. I hope the Giants and the Cardinals get in. Then, if the Giants "upset" the Seahawks or whoever wins that division, and the Cardinals get beat by Tampa Bay, we would play Tampa in Green Bay and the Giants would play the Cowboys. Is this correct, if things go as they look, or am I off somewhere.

If this is how it could work, that's what I want for Christmas. Then, we beat Tampa, a hot weather team, in GB, the Giants knock off the Boys and we play in the NFC Championship game in Green Bay against little Eli and Co. Sounds good to me.

packers11
01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
I am like Nostradamus...

Bow down to my predictions... :bow:

Freak Out
01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
I am like Nostradamus...

Bow down to my predictions... :bow:

Good call 11. I'll give you kudos but I'm not going to bow. :lol:

GoPackGo
01-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Could the Giants pull a Vikings, and stun the fans of Dallas... For me personally, I could see if happening because when you play a team 3 TIMES in one season they are bound to get your number or have some luck roll their way...

I just brought this up because everyone is over looking as Packers/Cowboys in the NFC Championship, but I could see it a lot different if the Giants have to go visit Dallas one more time
Thoughts??? Is everyone over looking other teams in the NFC???

:knll:

impressive

The Leaper
01-14-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't see the cause of great excitement.

You never actually said that you believed the Giants WOULD beat the Cowboys.

You said it COULD happen.

mmmdk
01-15-2008, 07:06 PM
NFL FACT:

It's only the seventh time in 18 chances since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger that a team won a playoff game against an opponent it lost to twice during the regular season.

HarveyWallbangers
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
NFL FACT:

It's only the seventh time in 18 chances since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger that a team won a playoff game against an opponent it lost to twice during the regular season.

ONLY? That's a lot of times. Teams that went 2-0 in the regular season against a team are just 11-7 against those teams in the playoffs.

mmmdk
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
NFL FACT:

ONLY? That's a lot of times. Teams that went 2-0 in the regular season against a team are just 11-7 against those teams in the playoffs.

...you sound baffled :lol: ONLY, ONLY, ONLY!!!