PDA

View Full Version : Muir or Harrell

Partial
11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
It seems Muir got WAY more snaps than Harrell last night. Anyone have an official tally?

KYPack
11-30-2007, 09:07 PM
It seems Muir got WAY more snaps than Harrell last night. Anyone have an official tally?

I sure didn't think so.

Muir didn't make the defensive box score.

Harrell did and registered a tackle. BTW the Packers were sackless last nite.

I'll say this for Muir, he's a crazy lookin' dude with that big head and a mohawk.

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Jenkins had an awfully quiet night. Maybe he played run ok, but he wasn't applying pressure.

I think Dallas bullied the Pack on the line of scrimmage, both offense and defense. The Pack missing 3 defensive linemen in the rotation was big. And Tauscher was limping badly. But you have to give it up to Dallas, they are just fundamentally very sound and are gonna be hard to beat.

Partial
12-01-2007, 02:40 AM
I am not so sure. Muir seemed to play on a lot of 3rd downs.

RashanGary
12-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Dallas opened up the first 2 drives by running straight down Williams throat. Their first 7 runs were right into the gap that Williams was supposed to occupy but wasn't because he was shoved 2 yards back right at the snap.

Detroit exploied him, so did Carolina. We NEED Jolly back. Our run defense has suffered since William was the starter.

Muir did get a nice pressure early in the game. He looked to have a similar (if not quicker) burst than Williams. He had one of the few hits on Romo and broke up a 3rd down play early in the game by beating a single blocker *same thing Williams makes a living on*. If Muir develops into a player with a good first step and a one dimensional ability to beat single blockers when fully rested, then Williams is 100% expendable.

With KGB out, Williams saw a lot of double teams and chips. He's good enough to win one on one pass rushing battles when he's not the starter and he's fully rested. He's not good enough to be "the guy". Williams biggest problem is that he thinks he's "the guy". and wants to be paid as such. He's the most overrated player on this team. Don't get me wrong, like him and wanted him around for 5 years 20 mil or so, but he could get 6 years 40 mil on the UFA market. No thanks, I reserve big money for "the guy", not the beneficiary of "the guy". If we pay Williams as "the guy", that is one less "guy" that we can afford. Williams and Jolly together equal 1 stud. One can rush the passer. One can stuff the run. Together they are a stud. Alone, they are a weakness in one dimension.

RashanGary
12-01-2007, 09:01 AM
double post

Merlin
12-01-2007, 11:42 AM
I think a part of the problem is that the rotation was interfered with because of injury. It was a fear of mine that any injury to any player on the DL was going to be a curse later on in the season. We have guys playing more snaps then usual and DL packages that they weren't used to having for any extended period of time. The DL rotation with everyone healthy is a strong one for this team. When that gets interfered with it does to some extent change how they play.

RashanGary
12-01-2007, 11:51 AM
I think a part of the problem is that the rotation was interfered with because of injury. It was a fear of mine that any injury to any player on the DL was going to be a curse later on in the season. We have guys playing more snaps then usual and DL packages that they weren't used to having for any extended period of time. The DL rotation with everyone healthy is a strong one for this team. When that gets interfered with it does to some extent change how they play.

Holy shit, Merlin. That's exactly what I think. We have a bunch of guys, they all have a strengths and weaknesses (very few complete players)

Jenkins stops the run
KGB rushes the passer

Jolly stops the run
Williams rushes the passer

Picket stops the run, but hes a NT, that's all he needs to do.

Kamp is complete

When you lose KGB, Jolly, Williams or Jenkins, we lose part one of the one/two punch. We happen to be missing part one of the DT one/two punch and part two of the DE one/two punch. Of course it got ugly. I hope the Cowobys think that was our best shot. I'd love to see them againn with a Dline that is full strength. I gaurantee Romo doesn't just sit back and wait for long developing plays and Barber doesn't run it down the right DT's throat.