PDA

View Full Version : Wild Wildcard Race

Joemailman
11-30-2007, 08:54 PM
If the Vikings, beat the Lions this weekend, there could conceivably be a 7-way tie at 6-6 for the last wildcard spot.http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf

I think the Vikings have a great chance to be the team that makes it. They are about to get Adrian Peterson back, and have a favorable schedule. The Bears also have a pretty good chance if they can beat the Giants this week. The Lions have a very tough schedule and are probably toast.

Rastak
11-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Not sure about the Vikes making it. They have a bunch of talent but I'm not sold on Jackson at QB and Peterson is wearing a big brace which makes me wonder just how effective he'll be. If Frazier continues his aggesive defensive calls and the OL plays as it has the last couple weeks then yes, I think they have a shot.

Badgerinmaine
12-01-2007, 07:39 AM
I think the Saints look strong for a playoff spot if they can beat Tampa Bay at the Superdome tomorrow. Rest of their schedule is
at Atlanta
Arizona
Philadelphia
at Chicago

I'd agree the Lions have a rough schedule from here on in:
at Minn.
Dallas
at SD
KC (probably the only game where they will be favored)
at Green Bay

Bears and Vikes remaining games since it came up:

Minnesota
Detroit
at SF
Chicago
Washington
at Denver
Who knows what the expect from the wildly inconsistent Broncos this year--but I think that's the only game where Minn. would not be favored. Their schedule is easier than what the Bears are looking at

Chicago
N.Y. Giants
at Washington
at Minnesota
Green Bay
New Orleans

I'd predict theGiants falling apart, but their schedule is not that hard except for ending with the Patriots:
at Chicago
at Philly
Washington
at Buffalo
New England

RashanGary
12-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Not sure about the Vikes making it. They have a bunch of talent but I'm not sold on Jackson at QB and Peterson is wearing a big brace which makes me wonder just how effective he'll be. If Frazier continues his aggesive defensive calls and the OL plays as it has the last couple weeks then yes, I think they have a shot.

I'll bet they are just trying to be safe with him, Ras. If he wasn't ready he wouldn't be on the field. He's too important to the future of your team.