PDA

View Full Version : Packers sign Craig Nall

BF4MVP
12-01-2007, 05:24 PM
bahahaha

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071201/PKR01/71201044/1989

FritzDontBlitz
12-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Even funnier because its true.... :lol:

OS PA
12-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Bye Marviel.

Rastak
12-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Why? I thought Favre was going to be 100%? That's the message I was reading from McCarthy.

MJZiggy
12-01-2007, 05:46 PM
He is. I get the feeling having Rodgers in the game and no one to back him up made M3 nervous.

gbpackfan
12-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow, I like this move.

Favre is going to be fine, but as stated above, what would have happened if Rodgers went down? Yikes. Great move.

Rastak
12-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow, I like this move.

Favre is going to be fine, but as stated above, what would have happened if Rodgers went down? Yikes. Great move.

How could Rodgers go down if he isn't playing?

Scott Campbell
12-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow, I like this move.

How could Rodgers go down if he isn't playing?

They aren't exactly breaking the mold by carrying 3 qb's.

MJZiggy
12-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Wonder where Gureski is...

Badgerinmaine
12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
I'd feel a lot better with Nall if necessary than Ruvell Martin back there :mrgreen:
I think this makes a lot of sense--there's probably nobody out there who'd know the offense so well.

retailguy
12-01-2007, 07:12 PM
:shock:

Of all the things one could assume, this was not even on the radar.... Jeez.

I like it. :shock: :P

pbmax
12-01-2007, 07:14 PM
I'd feel a lot better with Nall if necessary than Ruvell Martin back there :mrgreen:
I think this makes a lot of sense--there's probably nobody out there who'd know the offense so well.

I'd feel better with Martin than Nall. Martin is 6' 4", an inch in taller than Nall.

That's important when you have to throw over the guy who just ran over Colledge.

RashanGary
12-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't think he knows this offense at all. From what I understand, MM has all new terminology and Nall left when Sherm was still coach.

We'll see if MM can work any magic with Nall though. Maybe we can have some competition for Rodgers.

More than anything I think this shows that Thompson really doesn't have anyone he's in love with at the end of the roster. After TC (before injuries), Thompson had Tramon Williams and Daniel Muir that he didn't want to let go. Now, I just don't think he has 53 healthy players that he believes in so why not just add an emergency #3 QB and give him a chance to compete.

mraynrand
12-01-2007, 07:22 PM

I'd feel better with Martin than Nall. Martin is 6' 4", an inch in taller than Nall.

That's important when you have to throw over the guy who just ran over Colledge.

That's funny as hell. But, it looks like Colledge is out - at least until Spitz or Coston craps their pants.

GBRulz
12-01-2007, 07:26 PM
I seriously thought this was a joke !!

Jimx29
12-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Koy Detmer must of been out of the house and missed the call

oregonpackfan
12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I see this acquisition as a wise, precautionary, type of move. After the season is over, I would not be surprised if the Packers cut Nall.

Joemailman
12-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I've heard Nall's wife is hot. Hopefully he'll be invited to training camp next year.

Harlan Huckleby
12-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Nall should be #2, he's better than Rodgers.

GrnBay007
12-01-2007, 09:44 PM
:laugh:

Jimx29
12-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Nall should be #2, he's older than Rodgers.fixed

Fritz
12-02-2007, 10:21 AM

You're a funny guy, Harlan.

Guiness
12-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Move actually makes a lot of sense. Even if he's unfamiliar with the new terminology, he's got a repore with Favre and some of the other players. Early in the season, when this looked like a developmental year, 2 QB's, a wing and a prayer made sense, but now we're a playoff team...time to get some veteran depth. I would also think that he'll be in charge of the scout team, and Rodgers will be spending a bit more time with the starters, should something like last Thursday happen again.

I think Nall's attitude will probably be pretty good. He got his shot, and it didn't work out. He hopefully realizes that he's not likely going to start in this league, and should be happy to be somewhere, collecting a paycheck and contributing however he can.

KYPack
12-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh I dunno. Let's have a good old fashioned "Nall-war".

Those were fun on JSO. We just never had Nall so we couldn't do 'em any more.

I can't really remember if I was for Nall or against him.

Guiness
12-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh I dunno. Let's have a good old fashioned "Nall-war".

Those were fun on JSO. We just never had Nall so we couldn't do 'em any more.

I can't really remember if I was for Nall or against him.

You were against him you SOB!!! You never bothered to understand, or truly see how great a QB he could be if given an opportunity. Just look at his stellar pre-season statistics! Are you f@#ing blind????? :x :x :x :roll:

JK! But, I think most of the discussions went that way, right?

MadtownPacker
12-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I can't believe this is true. I can wait for the offseason discussion. :twisted:

Bretsky
12-02-2007, 12:46 PM
I can't believe this is true. I can wait for the offseason discussion. :twisted:

Another significant Free Agent added to the fold :lol:

4and12to12and4
12-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Was Nall sitting at home? Was he even on a team? I remember two years ago when some here wanted to bench Favre and hand the reigns to him. :roll:

retailguy
12-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Was Nall sitting at home? Was he even on a team? I remember two years ago when some here wanted to bench Favre and hand the reigns to him. :roll:

Well, it looks like the Packers have a second chance. :P :wink:

Bretsky
12-02-2007, 01:39 PM

Nall was cut by the Bills earlier today

Badgerinmaine
12-02-2007, 01:49 PM
At what? :P

retailguy
12-02-2007, 01:55 PM

golfing and hunting with favre

Badgerinmaine
12-02-2007, 02:24 PM

golfing and hunting with favre
:D :D :D
Well, then, we could have brought in Mark Chmura just as well .

Pacopete4
12-02-2007, 05:15 PM
ive been a big craig nall fan since the beginning.. glad this guys getting a second chance.. make fun of him all u want but he performed everytime we asked him to.. you guys bitch and moan cuz rodgers doesnt do that.. well we had a guy that did and that wasnt good enough either.. hes a backup that could do the job had he have to step in a game.. congrats to him

Tony Oday
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Favre needed an ice fishing buddy :) hehe

gureski
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM

I just found out one minute ago. I wonder if this has anything to do with Wade Phillips saying his team throws a better Javelin than ours?

Nall Ball rides again! Woo HOooo!

I haven't been around much because I've been finishing up some schooling and that's been keeping me busy but when news like Nall coming back occurs.....I have to make time to post.

I'll be a more active poster towards the end of December and January. See you guys then.

Bretsky
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM

I just found out one minute ago. I wonder if this has anything to do with Wade Phillips saying his team throws a better Javelin than ours?

Nall Ball rides again! Woo HOooo!

I haven't been around much because I've been finishing up some schooling and that's been keeping me busy but when news like Nall coming back occurs.....I have to make time to post.

I'll be a more active poster towards the end of December and January. See you guys then.

And the Nall Monster wakes up from Hibernation :lol:

Merlin
12-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Nall is an insurance policy against Favre going down again. Then Favre doesn't have to stay suited up on the sidelines because there are only two active QB's on the roster. Nall will have to pick up the offense but I suspect more then likely he will be running the other teams offense to Rodgers has a chance to learn more then 10 plays.

Nall was given a raw deal in Green Bay the second Rodgers was picked. Say what you will and laugh all you want, but all he did was perform when asked to just like Herron. And although neither of them are popular with hardly anyone in the forum, you can't argue the on field performances in the regular season that they have given this team when asked to do so.

Nall will be gone after the season or signed to the practice squad (long shot). As long as Favre is on the team, Rodgers is the backup and there will be no dispute as to who the #2 is. Nor will there be any competition for that spot. There hasn't been since the day he was drafted. All other QB's are religated to 3rd string and play only with the scrubs in pre-season. Rodgers has never really been in that position since he was signed. I think that pretty much tells you what is expected.

Carolina_Packer
12-02-2007, 10:23 PM
The move makes a lot of sense. I don't think Nall is ever going to be anything more than a decent backup QB in the NFL, but what's wrong with that? As Norm Peterson once said..."The world needs benchwarmers."

AR was drafted to succeed BF because they never really knew when Favre might hang it up. I don't think they ever thought Craig Nall was a serious enough contender, so why look elsewhere. The cream usually rises to the top, so one figures that when he went to an offensively challenged team like the Bills, with an unsettled QB situation, he should have had his chance to win the starters job. Again, that's OK. He is what he is, and the NFL needs the Craig Nall's too.

swede
12-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Welcome back Gureski!

Even if it is just to make a quick preemptive post to beat down the "Nall for #2" crowd. Although, after last week, it ain't much of a crowd.