PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network, here you come. Finally I'll have it.

No Mo Moss
05-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Time Warner Cable, who has had no interest in acquiring the NFL network, is being bought by Comcast in certain cities. This isn't a company wide thing, but where I live in the Twin Cities Time Warner will sell the western half of the metro to Comcast in July. Comcast offers NFL network. Thank God!

ND72
05-14-2006, 07:39 PM
3 yes buttons, and only 1 no button saying it tottaly sucks....guess i'm not polling since you don't have any good poll options.

No Mo Moss
05-14-2006, 07:40 PM
What more do you need. No and I don't care? OK, but I didn't think that was possible. Unless you are a Quaker and you feel excluded?

ND72
05-14-2006, 07:43 PM
How bout, NO, I don't have that option...or NO, my company doesn't offer....or NO, i haven't looked into it yet...or NO, not yet...or just simply NO....

seriously? I'm Amish?? shouldn't get too many answering that since they don't have electricity and doubt they'll be online.

No Mo Moss
05-14-2006, 07:47 PM
How bout, NO, I don't have that option...or NO, my company doesn't offer....or NO, i haven't looked into it yet...or NO, not yet...or just simply NO....

seriously? I'm Amish?? shouldn't get too many answering that since they don't have electricity and doubt they'll be online.

Well how hard is it to look into it? either its on your tube or its not. If its not, then it totally sucks.

I'm Amish and this is my mule generated internet connection. We can use electricity as long as its in the barn.

chain_gang
05-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I have Directv so I get NFL Network, but I think it's absolute crap that they don't offer it on all cable providers. Especially since their going to be carrying games this year. The NFL should have really thought about that when they did it, but of course they are in with Directv and their sunday ticket deal, but for the fans they should have made sure that it was available through all cable providers. This is one terrible step in a process that I feel is going to end up making a pay per game deal to see your teams play. Of course I could just be paranoid.

b bulldog
05-14-2006, 09:44 PM
My vote on the no, it totally sucks was that, no, I can't get it and that really sucks!

Joemailman
05-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Didn'y know we had so many Amish on this forum.

ND72
05-14-2006, 10:25 PM
now see i take it really sucks, as the NFL Network really sucks, which it doesn't....

GrnBay007
05-14-2006, 10:35 PM
What's the difference between NFL network and sunday ticket? Do you get both with Direct TV? I just got some promo thing in the mail from Direct TV and it didn't say anything about sunday ticket.

MJZiggy
05-14-2006, 10:40 PM
What's the difference between NFL network and sunday ticket? Do you get both with Direct TV? I just got some promo thing in the mail from Direct TV and it didn't say anything about sunday ticket.
Sunday Ticket is the broadcast of the games for all the teams during the season (that aren't being broadcast locally). NFL Network is year-round and is other stuff besides the current game. There are rebroadcasts, classic games, player features, old QB competitions, etc. You pay (lots) for Sunday Ticket, NFL Channel comes with the main Directv package.

Jimx29
05-14-2006, 10:59 PM
I think the NFL network is absolute bullshit cause it's looking to me like i'll be missing the broadcast of this years Pack v Queens game thanks to it being on the fvcking network

cunt waffles...... :evil:

ND72
05-14-2006, 11:08 PM
i read that will be aired on a local GB station, like Channel 5 for the green bay area for all non-NFL Network people...but that's just what i heard. but i honestly don't understand why they would do that....well i do, $$$$.

Homer Jay
05-15-2006, 12:20 AM
i read that will be aired on a local GB station, like Channel 5 for the green bay area for all non-NFL Network people...but that's just what i heard. but i honestly don't understand why they would do that....well i do, $$$$.

That's a possibility. I get the Minnesota over the air stations, and when the Vikings are on ESPN they also show the game on channel 5. No guarantees but I think they may have the game on your local station too.

Tarlam!
05-15-2006, 04:48 AM
What more do you need. No and I don't care? OK, but I didn't think that was possible. Unless you are a Quaker and you feel excluded?

Er, I'm no Quaker, but, I live in Germany. You shoulda had an option:

Doesn't concern me, I'm an alien fan!

MadtownPacker
05-15-2006, 10:53 AM
I have been Sunday Ticket's bitch for few years now. I have to admit it is awfully sweet to have been able to watch the classic viqueens breakdown in 2003 @ Arizona then flip the station to the Packers game when the crowd went insane. I in CA so I am actually grateful for this service. It is also very good for fantasy football. The only thing it isnt good for is having a life because theis is what my Sundays look like:

8:00am - Turn ESPN pregame
9:00am - Switch between ESPN, FOX and CBS(rarely) pregame shows
10:00am - Watch the Packers if playing the early game. If not watch ANY GAME I want. Mostly the NFC North rivals.
1:00pm - Watch the Packers if playing a late game or ANY GAME I want.
4:00pm - Watch highlights/postgame on NFL Network and ESPN.
5:30pm - Watch the Sunday night game.
8:30pm or so - Watch the days highlight until my eyes burn.

Pretty much Sunday Ticket and NFL Network own me on football Sundays.

The Leaper
05-15-2006, 11:03 AM
NFL Network is great during the season...pretty slow during the offseason though.